Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem Advice?
1 2
I'm not sure if this is the right trade, but here it goes.
I really want to buy accents and skins, actually. I've seen people having dragons with custom accents and stuff, and I was wondering how they got enough gems for those?

Right now, gem ratios are 1:750-ish and I don't want to buy gems right now, I guess.
Is there any other way to get gems? Some advice on how to get some? I just really want to buy accents and I was wondering how people regularly buy accents in the Skins and Accents trade like what is your secret.
I'm not sure if this is the right trade, but here it goes.
I really want to buy accents and skins, actually. I've seen people having dragons with custom accents and stuff, and I was wondering how they got enough gems for those?

Right now, gem ratios are 1:750-ish and I don't want to buy gems right now, I guess.
Is there any other way to get gems? Some advice on how to get some? I just really want to buy accents and I was wondering how people regularly buy accents in the Skins and Accents trade like what is your secret.
moHYLEk.gif
Use the AH when selling dragons and sell them for gems instead of treasure. @Cacogen
Use the AH when selling dragons and sell them for gems instead of treasure. @Cacogen
@Cacogen
I usually sell the treasure chests I get from familiar bonding for gems. If you have a lot of familiars, they'll add up pretty quick.
@Cacogen
I usually sell the treasure chests I get from familiar bonding for gems. If you have a lot of familiars, they'll add up pretty quick.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Yeah, it's not like there's some big secret to it. Just sell things for gems. Apparel can make more a lot faster than dragons though.
Yeah, it's not like there's some big secret to it. Just sell things for gems. Apparel can make more a lot faster than dragons though.
[quote name="Pokemon" date=2016-05-22 12:11:29] Use the AH when selling dragons and sell them for gems instead of treasure. @Cacogen [/quote] Basically this. But with other stuff too. I sell everything for gems if possible (or rather if AH ratio is good). I've never bought gems with RL currency nor with treasure. I don't buy things with gems often, but I have quite a bit hoarded (a lot more than I have in treasure in fact). The only way I earned them other than selling my stuff is selling my accents, but it's only a few batches sold, so it's not my main source of income. (Well that and from Gilded Chests, but it's not very much.)
Pokemon wrote on 2016-05-22:

Basically this. But with other stuff too. I sell everything for gems if possible (or rather if AH ratio is good).

I've never bought gems with RL currency nor with treasure. I don't buy things with gems often, but I have quite a bit hoarded (a lot more than I have in treasure in fact). The only way I earned them other than selling my stuff is selling my accents, but it's only a few batches sold, so it's not my main source of income. (Well that and from Gilded Chests, but it's not very much.)
frsig1_by_ragoni-dal06o7.pngfrsig2_by_ragoni-dal06op.pngfrsig3_by_ragoni-dal06pf.pngfrsig4_by_ragoni-dal06py.pngfrsig5_by_ragoni-dal06ql.png
Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice, everyone :0
I got some hatchies right now, I'll try to sell them for gems hmm.

@Nryenth, ah I have a question if you don't mind.
I think when making accents you have to get those blueprints, and you have to buy those with gems too? May I ask how were you able to get those?
Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice, everyone :0
I got some hatchies right now, I'll try to sell them for gems hmm.

@Nryenth, ah I have a question if you don't mind.
I think when making accents you have to get those blueprints, and you have to buy those with gems too? May I ask how were you able to get those?
moHYLEk.gif
@cacogen. I make Poison and Toxin and sell them, for gems or treasure. Even at 1:700, making a Poison for 100000t and selling low at 281g, that is 196700t, but I've sold for 320g, or 224000t.
@cacogen. I make Poison and Toxin and sell them, for gems or treasure. Even at 1:700, making a Poison for 100000t and selling low at 281g, that is 196700t, but I've sold for 320g, or 224000t.
25jehpf.jpgtumblr_o3pjj7Aykd1rs1vybo5_r1_400.png
Here are some things I do to get gems whenever I need them:

Sell everything for gems instead of treasure on the AH.

Hoard a ton of festival items during the festival and sell them later for a higher price. This one can take time (usually about 6 months or more) before the items gain enough value to be worth selling, but it really adds up, especially since you're likely to have stuff from several festivals all gaining value at the same time. The accents/skins (specifically the popluar ones, Baldwin ones, and marketplace exclusive ones) and the major festival apparel are usually the safest bets, though I often grab some extra of the small apparel and familiars as well.

Coli grind a lot and sell the familiars and rare drops for gems on the AH. Specifically try to grind in areas like the Crystal Pools and Ghostlight Ruins that have a lot of high value stuff in their loot tables like boss familiars, exclusive apparel, and unhatched eggs.

EDIT: Scratch that, don't sell the familiars. Melt them down at Baldwin's and sell the Copper Muck for gems during festivals. Same for any cheap apparel you might get from chests or whatever. Grey Slime and Copper Muck sell for more during festivals than cheap familiars and apparel do.
Here are some things I do to get gems whenever I need them:

Sell everything for gems instead of treasure on the AH.

Hoard a ton of festival items during the festival and sell them later for a higher price. This one can take time (usually about 6 months or more) before the items gain enough value to be worth selling, but it really adds up, especially since you're likely to have stuff from several festivals all gaining value at the same time. The accents/skins (specifically the popluar ones, Baldwin ones, and marketplace exclusive ones) and the major festival apparel are usually the safest bets, though I often grab some extra of the small apparel and familiars as well.

Coli grind a lot and sell the familiars and rare drops for gems on the AH. Specifically try to grind in areas like the Crystal Pools and Ghostlight Ruins that have a lot of high value stuff in their loot tables like boss familiars, exclusive apparel, and unhatched eggs.

EDIT: Scratch that, don't sell the familiars. Melt them down at Baldwin's and sell the Copper Muck for gems during festivals. Same for any cheap apparel you might get from chests or whatever. Grey Slime and Copper Muck sell for more during festivals than cheap familiars and apparel do.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
@Cacogen every one else already answered this, but tangentially related...

A mistake I see a lot of players in games like this make is amassing huge hoards of the non-cash currency (Treasure in this case, but other sites use sP, np, etc.) and attempting to trade it out for cash currency only when they need to. But this is totally backwards to what you should be doing to maintain wealth in a game. Instead it's best to convert any wealth gained into gems as quickly as possible, because the gems will retain value (or even gain value) compared to treasure over the long term.
@Cacogen every one else already answered this, but tangentially related...

A mistake I see a lot of players in games like this make is amassing huge hoards of the non-cash currency (Treasure in this case, but other sites use sP, np, etc.) and attempting to trade it out for cash currency only when they need to. But this is totally backwards to what you should be doing to maintain wealth in a game. Instead it's best to convert any wealth gained into gems as quickly as possible, because the gems will retain value (or even gain value) compared to treasure over the long term.
OVI5Wp2.gif
Also, level up your gathering skills. There are higher value items that pop up on a regular basis and you can flip for 10 or 20 or more gems in the AH. That sort of thing gives me a steady stream of gems even when I can't coli grind or want to sell my other stuff for treasure instead of gems.

Also, level up your gathering skills. There are higher value items that pop up on a regular basis and you can flip for 10 or 20 or more gems in the AH. That sort of thing gives me a steady stream of gems even when I can't coli grind or want to sell my other stuff for treasure instead of gems.

banner_1.png
1 2