Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 544 545 546 547 548 ... 753 754
Will you be adding any new games to the fairgrounds? Because I've played all the games so many times that they're getting boring.
Will you be adding any new games to the fairgrounds? Because I've played all the games so many times that they're getting boring.
Visit my art shop
Will there ever be a set design for half breeds? If there are any ideas at this point of the game what would they look like?

Ex: A Guardian Dragon with a Fae, would it be slightly larger then a normal Fae with the fins/webs of the Guardian?
Will there ever be a set design for half breeds? If there are any ideas at this point of the game what would they look like?

Ex: A Guardian Dragon with a Fae, would it be slightly larger then a normal Fae with the fins/webs of the Guardian?
zdkBiZa.png
What does Joxar do with all the holiday currency that he gets during flight holidays?
What does Joxar do with all the holiday currency that he gets during flight holidays?
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Why are our deities so quiet? Do they not love us?

Also how often does Crim notice Pinkerton's sold her stuff?
Why are our deities so quiet? Do they not love us?

Also how often does Crim notice Pinkerton's sold her stuff?
Can I shave a tundra?
Can I shave a tundra?
336806_daefb7429c15321d_I.gif333647_cafe6b3c3773e3a6_I.gif
Coliseum enemies' eye colour doesn't match their elemental alignment, does it mean that element only affects dragons' eye colour?
Coliseum enemies' eye colour doesn't match their elemental alignment, does it mean that element only affects dragons' eye colour?
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
[quote] What does happen to the dragons and familiar when a familiar that was bonded goes away? The familiar is missed at all, does it miss the Lair, they keep in contact or something?[/quote] That would entirely depend upon the clan, the dragons, and the familiars involved! No two dragons, clans, or familiars are the same, and only [b]you[/b] know the stories and personalities of your clan! [br][br] [quote]Since some of the items had their art updated, does that mean that other items will also have their art updated at some point to match?[/quote] It is possible that additional items may be updated in the future. We strive to provide a unified art style across the site. [br][br] [quote]Can we get a full list of all the color corrections/adjustments left to be done from the CW expansion? It only speaks of incorrect irri/shim layers but doesn't list the colors effected. I know it would de-stress a loooot of people..... myself included....[/quote] The current to-do list with the gene/color corrections can be found in our anniversary post here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1880521 . As errors are found, more genes/colors may be added to this list. [br][br] [quote]How do onyx cobras affect dragons with gembond?[/quote] If a dragon already has the gembond gene present, they are immune to additional effects of the venom. [br][br] [quote]can Undel (or Xhaz, depending on who drew it!) confirm/deny if it was intentionally meant to look like a baby dragon inside ice eggs? Or is it just.. I don't know, a branch behind the egg that just got copy/pasted along with it?[/quote] It was not intended to provide a visual of the hatchling inside. The transparency and shading do create some interesting swirls though! Sort of like finding shapes in clouds. [br][br] [quote]Why do the administrators always post in red text?[/quote] To differentiate members of the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team from player replies. If we're answering questions or responding to an issue, it's important players are able to find and immediately recognize them as staff posts. [br][br] [quote]What happens if you catch a bubble that contains one of the Tidelord's prophecies?[/quote] A single bubble? Probably not too much. A feeling of portent, but without the rest of the prophecy, there's not much to go on. The Tidelord creates countless streams of bubbles that mingle as they work their way to the surface. It would be incredibly difficult to find all of the bubbles of a single prophecy, isolate them from other prophecies, and accomplish this all before they burst on the surface. [br][br] [quote]What are the chances of you guys introducing a new species of dragon to the currently available ones?[/quote] Pretty much 100% barring a catastrophic disaster. We are always working on new breeds behind the scenes. They're taking longer and longer to release due to there being so many more genes and pieces of apparel available. This is part of why we are now hiring additional artist positions. It is no longer reasonable to pull our existing artists off of current updates and projects to work on an ever-expanding apparel/gene backlog. It's a full time job in and of itself! [br][br] [quote]Coliseum enemies' eye colour doesn't match their elemental alignment, does it mean that element only affects dragons' eye colour?[/quote] This is correct. Dragons are partially born of their element, and it is a more intrinsic part of them than most other life on Sornieth.
Quote:
What does happen to the dragons and familiar when a familiar that was bonded goes away? The familiar is missed at all, does it miss the Lair, they keep in contact or something?

That would entirely depend upon the clan, the dragons, and the familiars involved! No two dragons, clans, or familiars are the same, and only you know the stories and personalities of your clan!

Quote:
Since some of the items had their art updated, does that mean that other items will also have their art updated at some point to match?

It is possible that additional items may be updated in the future. We strive to provide a unified art style across the site.

Quote:
Can we get a full list of all the color corrections/adjustments left to be done from the CW expansion?
It only speaks of incorrect irri/shim layers but doesn't list the colors effected.
I know it would de-stress a loooot of people..... myself included....

The current to-do list with the gene/color corrections can be found in our anniversary post here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1880521 . As errors are found, more genes/colors may be added to this list.

Quote:
How do onyx cobras affect dragons with gembond?

If a dragon already has the gembond gene present, they are immune to additional effects of the venom.

Quote:
can Undel (or Xhaz, depending on who drew it!) confirm/deny if it was intentionally meant to look like a baby dragon inside ice eggs? Or is it just.. I don't know, a branch behind the egg that just got copy/pasted along with it?

It was not intended to provide a visual of the hatchling inside. The transparency and shading do create some interesting swirls though! Sort of like finding shapes in clouds.

Quote:
Why do the administrators always post in red text?

To differentiate members of the Flight Rising team from player replies. If we're answering questions or responding to an issue, it's important players are able to find and immediately recognize them as staff posts.

Quote:
What happens if you catch a bubble that contains one of the Tidelord's prophecies?

A single bubble? Probably not too much. A feeling of portent, but without the rest of the prophecy, there's not much to go on.

The Tidelord creates countless streams of bubbles that mingle as they work their way to the surface. It would be incredibly difficult to find all of the bubbles of a single prophecy, isolate them from other prophecies, and accomplish this all before they burst on the surface.

Quote:
What are the chances of you guys introducing a new species of dragon to the currently available ones?

Pretty much 100% barring a catastrophic disaster.

We are always working on new breeds behind the scenes. They're taking longer and longer to release due to there being so many more genes and pieces of apparel available. This is part of why we are now hiring additional artist positions. It is no longer reasonable to pull our existing artists off of current updates and projects to work on an ever-expanding apparel/gene backlog. It's a full time job in and of itself!

Quote:

This is correct. Dragons are partially born of their element, and it is a more intrinsic part of them than most other life on Sornieth.
What are the game creators' favorites?
Like favorite breed, gene, deity, etc...
What are the game creators' favorites?
Like favorite breed, gene, deity, etc...
1584_350px_staarman_by_miirshroom-dce92t5.png
Moony / they/him / +3
I'm currently checking interest in my art and I think my hatchery will (hopefully) reopen later this year! Please check back for their links later.
Could I make clay versions of all the deities and keep them as opposed to selling them? Or is that still a bad? yay I can word good
Could I make clay versions of all the deities and keep them as opposed to selling them? Or is that still a bad? yay I can word good
It/he 2a426f82-8225-11e7-b745-ff85aed113f5.gifc9938380-821f-11e7-8f2c-ff85aed113f5.gif
LORE

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

I know that from a game standpoint the coli-dropped eggs are there to bring new breeding material into the game. But from a lore standpoint, why are the stolen eggs from guardian/fae/tundra/mirror nests? Do Beastclans go out of their way to target those particular breeds or is there something about those breeds that means they’re more capable of surviving being abducted than others as eggs?

Faes belong to the Arcanist, Mirrors to the Plaguebringer, Tundras to the Icewarden and Guardians to the Tidelord. Why are the starter breeds from gods that are so far apart timeline-wise? If they’re the starters, shouldn’t they be should more primordial than others. But the Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Is it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Will the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

I don’t want this to be misconstrued as a direct suggestion. But, would it be even worth the effort of developing a suggestion to ask for a limited option to sponsor items the way the KS tiers worked? Propose a direct idea and fund it?
LORE

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

I know that from a game standpoint the coli-dropped eggs are there to bring new breeding material into the game. But from a lore standpoint, why are the stolen eggs from guardian/fae/tundra/mirror nests? Do Beastclans go out of their way to target those particular breeds or is there something about those breeds that means they’re more capable of surviving being abducted than others as eggs?

Faes belong to the Arcanist, Mirrors to the Plaguebringer, Tundras to the Icewarden and Guardians to the Tidelord. Why are the starter breeds from gods that are so far apart timeline-wise? If they’re the starters, shouldn’t they be should more primordial than others. But the Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Is it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Will the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

I don’t want this to be misconstrued as a direct suggestion. But, would it be even worth the effort of developing a suggestion to ask for a limited option to sponsor items the way the KS tiers worked? Propose a direct idea and fund it?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 544 545 546 547 548 ... 753 754