Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 753 754
is the community update a replacement for words on the wind?
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
[quote]Is there any plan to create a function for changing battle stones' position? For example, eliminate(in second slot) will be moved to third slot? :0[/quote] At this time, we don't have any plans to allow battle stones to be re-arranged. [br][br] [quote]Do all familiars except the Gem Marketplace ones have a chance to drop in Iron/Gilded chests? I notice when you release new familiars you don't mention it. If not, is there a place I can go to find which familiars drop from chests?[/quote] The Rusted/Iron/Gilded chests have entirely randomized contents (excluding, as you mentioned, items with gem values and items with 5 or rainbow stars), and because of this, we don't provide a breakdown of what items come from what chests. [br][br] [quote]Any further plans for another live update? Those were pretty cool. Sorry if this has been asked before![/quote] As a matter of fact, we just ran a live update last night! Some of our updates do not translate well to a live update format like our gene/breed releases, major code implementation, etc. but! We like the format, too, and do have plans to continue it when it is possible. [br][br] [quote]Are there any (canon; I recognize that some of these may and probably do exist in users' personal lore) groups of dragons in Sornieth that have ever attempted to assault a deity directly, be it their own or another Flight's? Likewise, are there any groups that reject the deities/don't believe them to be gods at all?[/quote] Though there may be some outlying groups that have cast aside their allegience to particular Flights, it is very difficult to dismiss the Eleven as deities, due to their blatant usage of overwhelming magical prowess across the land. They play an active role in the battles and have a direct influence to the power being used by their children and followers. [br][br] [quote]I have a burning desire to know, the concrete block the sunbeam soldier is holding is it part of a column from the ruins? And why exactly a concrete block as a weapon? Won't it shatter fairly quickly? Also, I just love the sunbeam soldier so squeezable and cuddly![/quote] The Sunbeam Soldier indeed wields a chunk of the Sunbeam Ruins as a weapon. [br][br] [quote]Is there any chance there will be new colors added to the color wheel in the future?[/quote] While new colors is something our has interested us since our first expansion with the Kickstarter, we have no immediate plans to expand the color wheel right now. [br][br] [quote]How long is a Flight Rising Incubation Period?[/quote] In game, it is once per 24 hour cycle, and all eggs hatch at exactly the same time, 5 completed incubations later. This 24 hour cycle resets at 00:00 server time. In lore, it would vary from species to species. In mixed parent nests, some eggs will hatch sooner than others depending on the breed characteristics of the hatchling. [br][br] [quote]Will we ever have a universal symbol for the Shade as we do beastclans & flights?[/quote] The Shade hasn't focused on marketing and brand recognition. [br][br] [quote]Also what's under the harpie's masks? A "human" face, a birdlike face, or something else?[/quote] Clans who battle beside or against the harpy Beastclans have observed that fallen harpies have a "human" (though they wouldn't use that word!) face covered in short feathers. They have no auricle. The opening of their ears is covered by short feathers that lay flat against the head. [br][br] [quote]My question: Which deity is the youngest? According to popular consensus, and Tomo's Trivia, Arcanist is the youngest. But according to the encyclopedia, the Arcanist's birth brought about the end of the Second Age, and that explosion of Arcane energy disturbed the balance of the world, resulting in the rise of the Gladekeeper and the Plaguebringer in the Third Age. So by the encyclopedia, Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer are the youngest - or am I totally misreading the site lore?[/quote] While the lore paints things in a much more black and white sense: the @Arcanist was the last of the elements to exist in raw form, which is why he is regarded as the youngest. Growth and decay were prominent long before pure arcane was manufactured, just not completely coagulated into the @Gladekeeper and @Plaguebringer respectively. [br][br] [quote]Why are the Wind and Water flights' symbols in the background of the Bamboo Falls coliseum venue? I'm guessing that, conceptually, you guys based it off of feng shui (wind water), but is there any lore-related reason?[/quote] Bamboo Falls exists in a serene area that both flights share. You can envision that it is near the coast of the Windswept Plateau. [br][br] [quote]is the community update a replacement for words on the wind?[/quote] We moved [i]Words on the Wind[/i] to a quarterly schedule to ensure we could provide a more solid development focused newsletter. In doing so, we pulled the community focused content, like the Festival recaps, out of [i]Words on the Wind[/i] and into the Community Update.
Quote:
Is there any plan to create a function for changing battle stones' position?
For example, eliminate(in second slot) will be moved to third slot? :0

At this time, we don't have any plans to allow battle stones to be re-arranged.

Quote:
Do all familiars except the Gem Marketplace ones have a chance to drop in Iron/Gilded chests? I notice when you release new familiars you don't mention it. If not, is there a place I can go to find which familiars drop from chests?

The Rusted/Iron/Gilded chests have entirely randomized contents (excluding, as you mentioned, items with gem values and items with 5 or rainbow stars), and because of this, we don't provide a breakdown of what items come from what chests.

Quote:
Any further plans for another live update? Those were pretty cool. Sorry if this has been asked before!

As a matter of fact, we just ran a live update last night! Some of our updates do not translate well to a live update format like our gene/breed releases, major code implementation, etc. but! We like the format, too, and do have plans to continue it when it is possible.

Quote:
Are there any (canon; I recognize that some of these may and probably do exist in users' personal lore) groups of dragons in Sornieth that have ever attempted to assault a deity directly, be it their own or another Flight's? Likewise, are there any groups that reject the deities/don't believe them to be gods at all?

Though there may be some outlying groups that have cast aside their allegience to particular Flights, it is very difficult to dismiss the Eleven as deities, due to their blatant usage of overwhelming magical prowess across the land. They play an active role in the battles and have a direct influence to the power being used by their children and followers.

Quote:
I have a burning desire to know, the concrete block the sunbeam soldier is holding is it part of a column from the ruins? And why exactly a concrete block as a weapon? Won't it shatter fairly quickly? Also, I just love the sunbeam soldier so squeezable and cuddly!

The Sunbeam Soldier indeed wields a chunk of the Sunbeam Ruins as a weapon.

Quote:
Is there any chance there will be new colors added to the color wheel in the future?

While new colors is something our has interested us since our first expansion with the Kickstarter, we have no immediate plans to expand the color wheel right now.

Quote:
How long is a Flight Rising Incubation Period?

In game, it is once per 24 hour cycle, and all eggs hatch at exactly the same time, 5 completed incubations later. This 24 hour cycle resets at 00:00 server time.

In lore, it would vary from species to species. In mixed parent nests, some eggs will hatch sooner than others depending on the breed characteristics of the hatchling.

Quote:
Will we ever have a universal symbol for the Shade as we do beastclans & flights?

The Shade hasn't focused on marketing and brand recognition.

Quote:
Also what's under the harpie's masks? A "human" face, a birdlike face, or something else?

Clans who battle beside or against the harpy Beastclans have observed that fallen harpies have a "human" (though they wouldn't use that word!) face covered in short feathers. They have no auricle. The opening of their ears is covered by short feathers that lay flat against the head.

Quote:
My question:
Which deity is the youngest? According to popular consensus, and Tomo's Trivia, Arcanist is the youngest. But according to the encyclopedia, the Arcanist's birth brought about the end of the Second Age, and that explosion of Arcane energy disturbed the balance of the world, resulting in the rise of the Gladekeeper and the Plaguebringer in the Third Age.

So by the encyclopedia, Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer are the youngest - or am I totally misreading the site lore?

While the lore paints things in a much more black and white sense: the @Arcanist was the last of the elements to exist in raw form, which is why he is regarded as the youngest. Growth and decay were prominent long before pure arcane was manufactured, just not completely coagulated into the @Gladekeeper and @Plaguebringer respectively.

Quote:
Why are the Wind and Water flights' symbols in the background of the Bamboo Falls coliseum venue? I'm guessing that, conceptually, you guys based it off of feng shui (wind water), but is there any lore-related reason?

Bamboo Falls exists in a serene area that both flights share. You can envision that it is near the coast of the Windswept Plateau.

Quote:

We moved Words on the Wind to a quarterly schedule to ensure we could provide a more solid development focused newsletter. In doing so, we pulled the community focused content, like the Festival recaps, out of Words on the Wind and into the Community Update.
Are we going to get more of the alchemical jewelry things? The placement of the pendants reminds me of the teardrop jewelry, and made me think there might be more neckwear planned for them.
Are we going to get more of the alchemical jewelry things? The placement of the pendants reminds me of the teardrop jewelry, and made me think there might be more neckwear planned for them.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Is it true there will be two breeds a year? Or simply one a year?
Is it true there will be two breeds a year? Or simply one a year?
So let's say an someone stops using flight rising forever and they have something rare and cool like a Boolean, would it be possible for you to delete the account and recycle the items after a year or some long amount of time (I'm not talking about weeks or months or anything like that)
So let's say an someone stops using flight rising forever and they have something rare and cool like a Boolean, would it be possible for you to delete the account and recycle the items after a year or some long amount of time (I'm not talking about weeks or months or anything like that)
q1aVYVt.pngZQRKwMz.pngshadowbinder.png
how goes progress on a 'no movement' option for coli? my computer lags really bad with the movement, and i know that has to be it because if i don't have any 'floating' dragons it runs smoother than if i do, and more than one floating dragon at a time is asking for a crash ;-;
how goes progress on a 'no movement' option for coli? my computer lags really bad with the movement, and i know that has to be it because if i don't have any 'floating' dragons it runs smoother than if i do, and more than one floating dragon at a time is asking for a crash ;-;
iZBk3Io.png the pocchari yandere tumblr_inline_nyuu3pgFHF1s1m144_100.png
Will there be another familiar coloring contest like the one with the Buttersnakes and Floracats?
Those kind of contests are always super fun!
Will there be another familiar coloring contest like the one with the Buttersnakes and Floracats?
Those kind of contests are always super fun!
mirte_machine__gif__by_plushklavier-d9td84j.gif2131awk.gif
All of the action in FR takes place on a continent in Sornieth, but are there any other continents? And do dragons live there too, maybe from unknown flights, or would it just be Beastclans or (potentially!) the humanoids that lived in the Second Age, that survived the reactor disaster? And is the continent where everything takes place in the southern hemisphere? (Since the Southern Icefields are cold, and at the other end is the basically tropical Viridian Labyrinth!) If so, does Sornieth have a different axial tilt to Earth, given that it still appears to have winter around January and summer around June, or just a totally different calender? What counts as 'new years eve' on Sornieth, would it be the site anniversary (early June), the beginning of the Brightshine Jubilee (late June), or between December and January, like on Earth?
All of the action in FR takes place on a continent in Sornieth, but are there any other continents? And do dragons live there too, maybe from unknown flights, or would it just be Beastclans or (potentially!) the humanoids that lived in the Second Age, that survived the reactor disaster? And is the continent where everything takes place in the southern hemisphere? (Since the Southern Icefields are cold, and at the other end is the basically tropical Viridian Labyrinth!) If so, does Sornieth have a different axial tilt to Earth, given that it still appears to have winter around January and summer around June, or just a totally different calender? What counts as 'new years eve' on Sornieth, would it be the site anniversary (early June), the beginning of the Brightshine Jubilee (late June), or between December and January, like on Earth?
DSEHBxF.png
Now that crafting is here, will we be seeing the Ghost and Point tertiary genes as recipes at higher levels? Also, what are the chances of a crafting-specific breed?
Now that crafting is here, will we be seeing the Ghost and Point tertiary genes as recipes at higher levels? Also, what are the chances of a crafting-specific breed?
whalesbone.png
Why is that, despite being listed as the same level, the enemies in the Golem Workshop are rather stronger than those of the Kelp Beds?
Why is that, despite being listed as the same level, the enemies in the Golem Workshop are rather stronger than those of the Kelp Beds?
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 753 754