Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 753 754
[quote]Since Pinkerton is always trying to clean out his and Crim's lair, will he now be sneaking items to Baldwin to transmute, in addition to offering them to players?[/quote] Alas, Baldwin will only allow Pinkerton to put in one item every half hour. Pink needs to give those items away to players because his sister somehow accumulates thousands of items every hour; she's very single-minded! [br][br] [quote]I have a question. You said in a previous question that It's a team goal to realease more (maybe) two new dragon breeds every year. While that is exciting have having new breeds to play with, Aren't you guys worried about having another incident with the servers going out like with the night of the nocturn event[/quote] The [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] event was a bit shaky not because of the dragon breed, but because of the volume of chests being opened. We do not expect that another breed release will cause the same issue, as this problem was unique to setup of 2014 [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i]. [br][br] [quote]Hi! What does an upgraded account get you? How much is it and how do you upgrade your account? Thanks![/quote] We apologize for any confusion the tooltip may have caused! We do not have account upgrades. Gems only allow players to purchase account changes like a Flight change, username change, or more apparel slots for their lair. [br][br] [quote]What do you do with the Marva's twine/cord chests? They always give me the another version of itself![/quote] You are probably opening a "depleted" cord or chest. Active chests/cords were part of an April Fool's event, and for April fool's could be opened again and again. After the event was over, whatever color you left the item on was important, as it gave you a unique item tied to that particular color... and a depleted version of the cord/chest to enjoy! The depleted versions of cords will open forever and should not provide any new items. [br][br] [quote]Do dragons know and use the word "electricity" or is it all Lightning magic for them?[/quote] Dragons do have a word for electricity, as they had to find a word to describe the unusual lightning that would sometimes power ancient relics! Draconic engineers adopted the term for lightning used in specific situations. [br][br] [quote]Are there any plans for transmuting lower level goop/sludge/etc to higher level goop/sludge/etc? Since transmuting has such a high chance of green and you can't hoardsell, it ends up cluttering your hoard a LOT.[/quote] There are no plans at this time; however, more recipes are likely to use the lower level ingredients and in greater quantities than they are higher level ingredients. If we notice one particular ingredient is piling up as "useless", that's a cue for us to make more recipes that utilize it! As we have a limited amount of recipes since it's a new feature, pile ups of "unwanted" ingredients are likely to be more common. Hang onto them; they're gonna be useful! [br][br] [quote]How large are the BeastClan species, especially as compared to dragons? Are harpies the size of a bird, a human, or larger or smaller? Are centaurs the size of a horse, a human, or larger? Can a Talonok rival an imperial? Is a clan that finds itself attacked by Longnecks doomed unless they have at least one member of the larger species (ridgeback, guardian, imperial)? Etc.[/quote] The creatures of [i]Flight Rising[/i] would not know what a "human" is, so consider the following a non-lore-friendly comparison! [LIST] [*][b]Talonok[/b] are the smallest beastclan, around the size of a large bird of prey such as a bearded vulture. [*][b]Harpies[/b] and [b]Longneck[/b] are about the size of a human. [*][b]Serthis[/b] and [b]Maren[/b] are slightly larger than a human, and much longer. [*][b]Centaurs[/b] are the largest, and are the size of a horse. [/LIST] [br][br] [quote]Will there ever be Encyclopedia entries on the Flights and their cultures? Like how exactly their holidays are celebrated, their opinions on other Flights, food, customs, what everyday life is like in each of the regions, etc. Just a little more than the little blurbs we get when picking our Flights in the beginning. (For example, you've mentioned on numerous occasions that the Water Flight occasionally has darker tendencies. Exactly how dark are we talking? What other weird mysterious customs do we they have??)[/quote] We want to focus on expanding the various areas of the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki][b]Encyclopedia[/b][/url], to make it the one-stop place for all questions lore and gameplay. Flight lore is something we would like to expand on for sure!
Quote:
Since Pinkerton is always trying to clean out his and Crim's lair, will he now be sneaking items to Baldwin to transmute, in addition to offering them to players?

Alas, Baldwin will only allow Pinkerton to put in one item every half hour. Pink needs to give those items away to players because his sister somehow accumulates thousands of items every hour; she's very single-minded!

Quote:
I have a question.

You said in a previous question that It's a team goal to realease more (maybe) two new dragon breeds every year.

While that is exciting have having new breeds to play with, Aren't you guys worried about having another incident with the servers going out like with the night of the nocturn event

The Night of the Nocturne event was a bit shaky not because of the dragon breed, but because of the volume of chests being opened. We do not expect that another breed release will cause the same issue, as this problem was unique to setup of 2014 Night of the Nocturne.

Quote:
Hi!

What does an upgraded account get you? How much is it and how do you upgrade your account?

Thanks!

We apologize for any confusion the tooltip may have caused! We do not have account upgrades. Gems only allow players to purchase account changes like a Flight change, username change, or more apparel slots for their lair.

Quote:
What do you do with the Marva's twine/cord chests? They always give me the another version of itself!

You are probably opening a "depleted" cord or chest. Active chests/cords were part of an April Fool's event, and for April fool's could be opened again and again. After the event was over, whatever color you left the item on was important, as it gave you a unique item tied to that particular color... and a depleted version of the cord/chest to enjoy! The depleted versions of cords will open forever and should not provide any new items.

Quote:
Do dragons know and use the word "electricity" or is it all Lightning magic for them?

Dragons do have a word for electricity, as they had to find a word to describe the unusual lightning that would sometimes power ancient relics! Draconic engineers adopted the term for lightning used in specific situations.

Quote:
Are there any plans for transmuting lower level goop/sludge/etc to higher level goop/sludge/etc? Since transmuting has such a high chance of green and you can't hoardsell, it ends up cluttering your hoard a LOT.

There are no plans at this time; however, more recipes are likely to use the lower level ingredients and in greater quantities than they are higher level ingredients. If we notice one particular ingredient is piling up as "useless", that's a cue for us to make more recipes that utilize it! As we have a limited amount of recipes since it's a new feature, pile ups of "unwanted" ingredients are likely to be more common. Hang onto them; they're gonna be useful!

Quote:
How large are the BeastClan species, especially as compared to dragons?

Are harpies the size of a bird, a human, or larger or smaller? Are centaurs the size of a horse, a human, or larger?
Can a Talonok rival an imperial?
Is a clan that finds itself attacked by Longnecks doomed unless they have at least one member of the larger species (ridgeback, guardian, imperial)?
Etc.

The creatures of Flight Rising would not know what a "human" is, so consider the following a non-lore-friendly comparison!
  • Talonok are the smallest beastclan, around the size of a large bird of prey such as a bearded vulture.
  • Harpies and Longneck are about the size of a human.
  • Serthis and Maren are slightly larger than a human, and much longer.
  • Centaurs are the largest, and are the size of a horse.

Quote:
Will there ever be Encyclopedia entries on the Flights and their cultures? Like how exactly their holidays are celebrated, their opinions on other Flights, food, customs, what everyday life is like in each of the regions, etc. Just a little more than the little blurbs we get when picking our Flights in the beginning. (For example, you've mentioned on numerous occasions that the Water Flight occasionally has darker tendencies. Exactly how dark are we talking? What other weird mysterious customs do we they have??)

We want to focus on expanding the various areas of the Encyclopedia, to make it the one-stop place for all questions lore and gameplay. Flight lore is something we would like to expand on for sure!
I know you get probably get sick of hearing this but it's been a while, so once again, could you please tell us how the admins feel about the state of FR economy (in general and focusing on the dragon market in particular)?

Another question related to the above... are there plans on increasing how effective a dragon sink exalting is or adding a new dragon sink?

Now for some questions completely unrelated to the economy...

How much enjoyment do the admins take in our theories and attempts to divine new information about yet to be released breeds?

Are the plans to expand the flight festivals to other areas of the game (IE beyond the banner under the logo, gathering, coliseum and festive favours)?

You mentioned that the Night of the Nocturne event was shaky due to the volume of chests being opened and that was due to the unique to setup of 2014 Night of the Nocturne.. does that mean there will be less chests or will the chests be removed and replaced with drops that would normally be in the chests?

Which flight has the highest concentration of alchemists?
I know you get probably get sick of hearing this but it's been a while, so once again, could you please tell us how the admins feel about the state of FR economy (in general and focusing on the dragon market in particular)?

Another question related to the above... are there plans on increasing how effective a dragon sink exalting is or adding a new dragon sink?

Now for some questions completely unrelated to the economy...

How much enjoyment do the admins take in our theories and attempts to divine new information about yet to be released breeds?

Are the plans to expand the flight festivals to other areas of the game (IE beyond the banner under the logo, gathering, coliseum and festive favours)?

You mentioned that the Night of the Nocturne event was shaky due to the volume of chests being opened and that was due to the unique to setup of 2014 Night of the Nocturne.. does that mean there will be less chests or will the chests be removed and replaced with drops that would normally be in the chests?

Which flight has the highest concentration of alchemists?
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why do some questions seemingly go unanswered entirely or are answered incredibly vaguely?

I can understand missing questions that were asked while you were already typing a response, but I occasionally see a bunch of unanswered questions sprinkled between the answered ones and it makes me wonder why.
I hope this doesn't sound rude, but why do some questions seemingly go unanswered entirely or are answered incredibly vaguely?

I can understand missing questions that were asked while you were already typing a response, but I occasionally see a bunch of unanswered questions sprinkled between the answered ones and it makes me wonder why.
V8I0CBG.gif
About how big are the 2014/2015 festival bears? Are they the size of RL bears? The size of a particular dragon? Or do they vary from element to element, or bear to bear?
About how big are the 2014/2015 festival bears? Are they the size of RL bears? The size of a particular dragon? Or do they vary from element to element, or bear to bear?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Any plans to spruce up the Gathering system in the future?
Any plans to spruce up the Gathering system in the future?
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
@LilithServil [quote=First Post] Please understand that not all questions will have immediate or detailed answers. Due to development or internal planning, some information will need to remain undisclosed. If your question is not something we are able to answer, it will be documented. You aren't being ignored - we simply can't provide informative answers to every question being asked. We will always do our best![/quote]
@LilithServil
First Post wrote:
Please understand that not all questions will have immediate or detailed answers. Due to development or internal planning, some information will need to remain undisclosed. If your question is not something we are able to answer, it will be documented. You aren't being ignored - we simply can't provide informative answers to every question being asked. We will always do our best!
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip?

Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now.
I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip?

Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
So IS the mask on the "Create New Items" screen just there because, or is that a plan for a future recipe? I'd make a million plague doctor masks if so...But I'd also be very disappointed if it's just a tease D:
So IS the mask on the "Create New Items" screen just there because, or is that a plan for a future recipe? I'd make a million plague doctor masks if so...But I'd also be very disappointed if it's just a tease D:
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gifYou Just gestured to all of me!tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
Why is it the thematic apparel during the holidays has increased in cost every year, rather than remaining stable like the price of familiars, Special Apparel and Emblems? (I remember the armbands costing 25 Currency, the sashes costing 35, and this year the crowns cost 40.)
Why is it the thematic apparel during the holidays has increased in cost every year, rather than remaining stable like the price of familiars, Special Apparel and Emblems? (I remember the armbands costing 25 Currency, the sashes costing 35, and this year the crowns cost 40.)
0lxtP1J.png
[quote name="acorncap" date=2015-06-21 11:23:56] Why is it the thematic apparel during the holidays has increased in cost every year, rather than remaining stable like the price of familiars, Special Apparel and Emblems? (I remember the armbands costing 25 Currency, the sashes costing 35, and this year the crowns cost 40.) [/quote] I would like to know this as well.
acorncap wrote on 2015-06-21:

I would like to know this as well.
V8I0CBG.gif
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 753 754