Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 753 754
What are the abilities of dragons from various flights? I know that Water dragons can breathe underwater and Wind dragons can sort of do that too, but that's currently the extent of my definite knowledge.
What are the abilities of dragons from various flights? I know that Water dragons can breathe underwater and Wind dragons can sort of do that too, but that's currently the extent of my definite knowledge.
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
Why do ridgeback male have such a long nose? It was never really explained in the Encyclopedia.
Why do ridgeback male have such a long nose? It was never really explained in the Encyclopedia.
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
I'm trying to see previous answered questions, but a lot of the links in the second post (of this thread) go to a 404 page.

So... Any plans on that getting fixed?

Also is there any plans on compiling a lore question list or something similar?

I've been trying to find that answer about Water Dragons breathing underwater or the name of the dragon world, but finding them is a bit hard. I already know the answer, but if I'm trying to write my dragon's backstory or have a lore discussion, I'd much rather have a source to reference rather than rely on my memory.
I'm trying to see previous answered questions, but a lot of the links in the second post (of this thread) go to a 404 page.

Also is there any plans on compiling a lore question list or something similar?

I've been trying to find that answer about Water Dragons breathing underwater or the name of the dragon world, but finding them is a bit hard. I already know the answer, but if I'm trying to write my dragon's backstory or have a lore discussion, I'd much rather have a source to reference rather than rely on my memory.
How come we don't usually see deity's post anymore with an exception to Holiday announcements? Especially the Tidelord
How come we don't usually see deity's post anymore with an exception to Holiday announcements? Especially the Tidelord
[quote]I couldn't find the old news post that mentioned it; when did FR close registration?[/quote] We closed open registration about mid-July of 2013 due to our community growth outpacing our ability to scale. We're very glad to be making strides towards strengthening our infrastructure with a goal that open reg will be possible again! [br][br] [quote]Also there has been several calls within the WotW and within Suggestions forum to have the 'retiring items' poll redone with additional options for completeness sake (namely the option to retire all and retire none), will that be considered?[/quote] At this time we don't have any plans to recreate the poll. That's not to say that we'll never revisit how future items are retired, but for the upcoming year these are the options. [br][br] [quote]Is the plan for new breeds still two a year like I heard before? Or does the site revamp change all of that?[/quote] Two a year would be our ideal scenario, but we would also like to focus on brand new features to [i]Flight Rising[/i], which may flex that goal depending on what's being worked on at the time; however, you will continue to see new breeds throughout the life of the game. [br][br] [quote]Do the daily bonuses have any effect on Dominance?[/quote] If you're referring to the daily Exalt Bonus criteria, then no. Those are entirely randomized each rollover. Payout is fixed, however. [br][br] [quote]Are we ever going to get more information on how dominance is decided? For example, do 10 hatchlings count the same as exalting one level 10 dragon? Do bonuses count? Maybe this is a silly question, but I've been super curious after losing some pretty hard fought dominance battles in the past.[/quote] Currently, dragons that are higher level yield a greater influence in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dominance][b]Dominance[/b][/url] weighting. It is based on level, not age, so a level 1 hatchling is weighed the same as a level 1 adult. We will likely not publicize the exact data of how the mechanics work. [br][br] [quote]I know this has been asked quite a lot, but I feel like I haven't seen a really clear answer. Will the bears from night of the nocturne be rereleased every year during notn, as in they will never retire, or will they only return for this upcoming night of the nocturne and then be gone for good? Or is it something the team hasn't decided on yet? All the past answers I've seen have only confirmed they'll be returning for the 2015 notn event, but nothing beyond that.[/quote] All of the Bears will be back for 2015 [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i]. Bears available during the 2014 night of the nocturne will be available during 2015 as well, but will have significantly reduced drop rates when compared to Bears/phonies that were not available the prior year (Ice/Shadow/Wind/Water/Nature). We do have some changes we would like to implement for [i]Night of the Nocturne[/i] to make the experience smoother. More information on these changes will be available in December with the event! [br][br] [quote]The last registration window went very smoothly any chance for another one soon?[/quote] We feel like the last one went very smoothly, too! We'll be sure to announce any upcoming registration windows on the site and all our social media outlets. [br][br] [quote]Will the Crim rewrite remove retired items such as the birthday cakes from her roster?[/quote] In order to continue trucking away at the rewrite, there will likely be no discernible changes to what[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tradepost&lot=collection] [b]Crim[/b] [/url]asks for. In the future, if we feel as though her trade deal pool can be further customized on an item-by-item basis, we can definitely look into that. [br][br] [quote]I'm trying to see previous answered questions, but a lot of the links in the second post (of this thread) go to a 404 page. So... Any plans on that getting fixed?[/quote] For the moment, we are leaving old forum thread URLs as-is while we work on finding an engineering solution. Ideally we'd love for all old forum URLs to dynamically redirect to the new forum directory structure, but we haven't yet reached a definite solution yet. Still working on it!
Quote:
I couldn't find the old news post that mentioned it; when did FR close registration?

We closed open registration about mid-July of 2013 due to our community growth outpacing our ability to scale. We're very glad to be making strides towards strengthening our infrastructure with a goal that open reg will be possible again!

Quote:
Also there has been several calls within the WotW and within Suggestions forum to have the 'retiring items' poll redone with additional options for completeness sake (namely the option to retire all and retire none), will that be considered?

At this time we don't have any plans to recreate the poll. That's not to say that we'll never revisit how future items are retired, but for the upcoming year these are the options.

Quote:
Is the plan for new breeds still two a year like I heard before? Or does the site revamp change all of that?

Two a year would be our ideal scenario, but we would also like to focus on brand new features to Flight Rising, which may flex that goal depending on what's being worked on at the time; however, you will continue to see new breeds throughout the life of the game.

Quote:
Do the daily bonuses have any effect on Dominance?

If you're referring to the daily Exalt Bonus criteria, then no. Those are entirely randomized each rollover. Payout is fixed, however.

Quote:
Are we ever going to get more information on how dominance is decided? For example, do 10 hatchlings count the same as exalting one level 10 dragon? Do bonuses count?

Maybe this is a silly question, but I've been super curious after losing some pretty hard fought dominance battles in the past.

Currently, dragons that are higher level yield a greater influence in Dominance weighting. It is based on level, not age, so a level 1 hatchling is weighed the same as a level 1 adult. We will likely not publicize the exact data of how the mechanics work.

Quote:
I know this has been asked quite a lot, but I feel like I haven't seen a really clear answer.
Will the bears from night of the nocturne be rereleased every year during notn, as in they will never retire, or will they only return for this upcoming night of the nocturne and then be gone for good? Or is it something the team hasn't decided on yet?

All the past answers I've seen have only confirmed they'll be returning for the 2015 notn event, but nothing beyond that.

All of the Bears will be back for 2015 Night of the Nocturne. Bears available during the 2014 night of the nocturne will be available during 2015 as well, but will have significantly reduced drop rates when compared to Bears/phonies that were not available the prior year (Ice/Shadow/Wind/Water/Nature).

We do have some changes we would like to implement for Night of the Nocturne to make the experience smoother. More information on these changes will be available in December with the event!

Quote:
The last registration window went very smoothly any chance for another one soon?

We feel like the last one went very smoothly, too! We'll be sure to announce any upcoming registration windows on the site and all our social media outlets.

Quote:
Will the Crim rewrite remove retired items such as the birthday cakes from her roster?

In order to continue trucking away at the rewrite, there will likely be no discernible changes to what Crim asks for. In the future, if we feel as though her trade deal pool can be further customized on an item-by-item basis, we can definitely look into that.

Quote:

For the moment, we are leaving old forum thread URLs as-is while we work on finding an engineering solution. Ideally we'd love for all old forum URLs to dynamically redirect to the new forum directory structure, but we haven't yet reached a definite solution yet. Still working on it!
I noticed that the (beautiful!) new Coliseum venue has exactly one enemy of each element. What was the reasoning behind that choice? Is this something we can expect for future venues as well? Are the admins aware that users generally prefer venues that are heavy in one or a few elements, to make festival grinding a bit easier?
I noticed that the (beautiful!) new Coliseum venue has exactly one enemy of each element. What was the reasoning behind that choice? Is this something we can expect for future venues as well? Are the admins aware that users generally prefer venues that are heavy in one or a few elements, to make festival grinding a bit easier?
JCStitches referred me here to ask a question I posted earlier in the Help Center:

Do comments on user pages have an "expiration" date? I noticed some of my earlier comments on my page are no longer available to see.
JCStitches referred me here to ask a question I posted earlier in the Help Center:

Do comments on user pages have an "expiration" date? I noticed some of my earlier comments on my page are no longer available to see.
tumblr_m2gaw8GLsG1qid2nw.gif YjWoQ61.pngtTESfRw.png
I meant: Do exalted dragons with bonuses weigh more on the Dominance scale than nonbonus dragons?
I meant: Do exalted dragons with bonuses weigh more on the Dominance scale than nonbonus dragons?
When might we expect an Encyclopedia update, for the new venue/change in venues and drops?
When might we expect an Encyclopedia update, for the new venue/change in venues and drops?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I've checked the last several answer posts and haven't seen this given, so I thought I'd ask:

The site optimization is understandably a huge undertaking - though what has been done is great, and works really well! I know the most recent edition of WotW mentioned that Crim was currently being tested, is there any information on when the Coli will be tackled, or even how high of a priority it is for optimizing?

I know my computer is getting a little older (five years, now) and quite heavily used, so whenever I use the coli it tends to wheeze and whine and generally slows down a lot, and the coli animations tend to lag so much that I don't even know sometimes if an attack was successful! I like the coli, though, and I really do want to use it.
I've checked the last several answer posts and haven't seen this given, so I thought I'd ask:

The site optimization is understandably a huge undertaking - though what has been done is great, and works really well! I know the most recent edition of WotW mentioned that Crim was currently being tested, is there any information on when the Coli will be tackled, or even how high of a priority it is for optimizing?

I know my computer is getting a little older (five years, now) and quite heavily used, so whenever I use the coli it tends to wheeze and whine and generally slows down a lot, and the coli animations tend to lag so much that I don't even know sometimes if an attack was successful! I like the coli, though, and I really do want to use it.
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 753 754