Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Fortune's Game of Wit and Luck
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 71 72
Hey Guys,

I'm having a great time at the carnival! I sure do miss all of you, but it's a lot of fun meeting new people. We saw a magic show, Valoran I'm sure you would've loved it. Molan I hope your newest invention is going well. Gaila don't give Valoran too much of a hard time. Faolan, if you've got any diplomatic advice so I can maybe make some alliances for the Clan.

I hope to have a bunch of stories for you all when I get back, I miss you, hope you're having a great festival!

Love,

Iva
Hey Guys,

I'm having a great time at the carnival! I sure do miss all of you, but it's a lot of fun meeting new people. We saw a magic show, Valoran I'm sure you would've loved it. Molan I hope your newest invention is going well. Gaila don't give Valoran too much of a hard time. Faolan, if you've got any diplomatic advice so I can maybe make some alliances for the Clan.

I hope to have a bunch of stories for you all when I get back, I miss you, hope you're having a great festival!

Love,

Iva
gWmB8p.jpg
Well Mere, you assured me that it would be an adventure, and yet I was somehow less than prepared for quite how much of an adventure. I would call it an ordeal but The team I have been assigned to is competent enough, though our cohesiveness is something of a work in progress. As always, I am attempting to keep my mind to the task at hand, and if I happen to make some companions while I am here...well, I know you would welcome it. Though you know how well I make friends.

I continue to hope for the best, and will strive to do my best in the name of Olympuswatch. Perhaps the next time that I write I will have a small bit more of an inkling as to what exactly is happening here. I do believe I hear one of the others attempting to garner my attention, and as such I will do as I know you would wish, and be sociable.

Give the clan my best, and though I am sure she has no concerns, assure Cara that I am well and my heart is with her until the day I return. Until then I remain,

Faithfully yours,
Astarot

PS: A brief footnote--can you even fathom? Our group dubbed itself "Work." Had I not been too dumbstruck by the very concept, I am certain I could have conceived of something better. Hells, Clarigale could have. Truly, I don't know what you've gotten me into.
-A
Well Mere, you assured me that it would be an adventure, and yet I was somehow less than prepared for quite how much of an adventure. I would call it an ordeal but The team I have been assigned to is competent enough, though our cohesiveness is something of a work in progress. As always, I am attempting to keep my mind to the task at hand, and if I happen to make some companions while I am here...well, I know you would welcome it. Though you know how well I make friends.

I continue to hope for the best, and will strive to do my best in the name of Olympuswatch. Perhaps the next time that I write I will have a small bit more of an inkling as to what exactly is happening here. I do believe I hear one of the others attempting to garner my attention, and as such I will do as I know you would wish, and be sociable.

Give the clan my best, and though I am sure she has no concerns, assure Cara that I am well and my heart is with her until the day I return. Until then I remain,

Faithfully yours,
Astarot

PS: A brief footnote--can you even fathom? Our group dubbed itself "Work." Had I not been too dumbstruck by the very concept, I am certain I could have conceived of something better. Hells, Clarigale could have. Truly, I don't know what you've gotten me into.
-A
hSiT7bD.png

faQsydP.png
Manifestation: a Pinkerlocke
nnnnn iohA98P.png
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png leo
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png he/him
fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png FR +3
nnnnnnnn xyUtvwe.png
XlFXLvP.png
[quote name="@Solanceae" date=2018-01-28 15:23:03] Where my arctic sea metal boys at? Cone on let’s do this! And other supportive and encouraging words. [/quote] *HIGH-PITCHED SCREAMING* <3 ----- [i]An odious piece of trash arrives at the Disillusionists' lair. They are about to throw it out, it being nothing more than flyers stuck together with cotton candy and spit, but then someone recognizes Faustino's horrendous signature. It always looks like a scrawl that's on the verge of summoning a demon from another dimension.[/i] [b][color=maroon]My clanmates! Am at Carnival, and all well. Have gotten lumped in with dragons from other clans. But everybody is nice. Apparently we are "Supportive Bros". We won prizes while playing games. Captain gave one away to a hatchling. Bully for the kid, I guess. [size=2]I think Capt. is making eyes at me. What do??[/size] Anyway, our team name is "Arctic Sea Metal", maybe Laurant and Calliope can use that for their upcoming band. Send writing supplies pls. A Fae in a top hat stole my writing kit. I'd skwoosh her, but she is a teammate.[/color][/b] [right][color=maroon][b]Yrs, :?*??????\??????_}??????'?????#????;??????[/color][/b][/right] [i]Faust's mate, Mara, holds the letter up like a trophy. "He's[/i] playing[i]! Our Faust is playing[/i] nice[i] with other dragons!!!" The other Disillusionists crowd around, whooping and slapping high-fives. Champagne bottles are opened, and snacks are passed around. Laurant and Calliope blast "It's Yo Hatchday." Faust is [u]making[/i] [/u][u]friends[i][/u]! OH YEEEEEAAAAHHH.[/i]
@Solanceae wrote on 2018-01-28:
Where my arctic sea metal boys at?

Cone on let’s do this! And other supportive and encouraging words.

*HIGH-PITCHED SCREAMING* <3

An odious piece of trash arrives at the Disillusionists' lair. They are about to throw it out, it being nothing more than flyers stuck together with cotton candy and spit, but then someone recognizes Faustino's horrendous signature. It always looks like a scrawl that's on the verge of summoning a demon from another dimension.

My clanmates!

Am at Carnival, and all well. Have gotten lumped in with dragons from other clans. But everybody is nice. Apparently we are "Supportive Bros".

We won prizes while playing games. Captain gave one away to a hatchling. Bully for the kid, I guess. I think Capt. is making eyes at me. What do??

Anyway, our team name is "Arctic Sea Metal", maybe Laurant and Calliope can use that for their upcoming band.

Send writing supplies pls. A Fae in a top hat stole my writing kit. I'd skwoosh her, but she is a teammate.

Yrs,
:?*??????\??????_}??????'?????#????;??????

Faust's mate, Mara, holds the letter up like a trophy. "He's playing! Our Faust is playing nice with other dragons!!!"

The other Disillusionists crowd around, whooping and slapping high-fives. Champagne bottles are opened, and snacks are passed around. Laurant and Calliope blast "It's Yo Hatchday." Faust is making
friends! OH YEEEEEAAAAHHH.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
a letter? how about in person?! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83157&tab=dragon&did=11740830][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/117409/11740830.png[/img][/url][img]https://i.imgur.com/q6f8uvQ.png[/img][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83157&tab=dragon&did=6602136][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/66022/6602136.png[/img][/url] [font=copperplate][color=LightSteelBlue][size=4]Khione[/color][/font] & [font=Candara][color=Aquamarine][size=4]Persephus[/size][/color][/font] & [font=Tahoma][color=Crimson][size=4]Ciphers[/color][/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12882579] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/128826/12882579.png[/img] [font=Gabriola][color=DarkOrange][size=5]Jaynum[/size][/color][/font][/center] The rest of the day had passed more peacefully. The trio padded around the carnival, looked at the vendors' wares, tasted the assortments of foods, and played the games and rode whatever rides Persephus wished to (Err... Well, Ciphers did. Khione she said she couldn't deign herself to do so). They often caught sight of dragons from other teams, but for the longest time hadn't seen Jaynum and his team. Only when the dragonesses were about to take a yawning Persephus back to their lodgings did they spot the Spiral. "There he is," Khione had drawled, flicking her tail behind her. "And... Icewarden's ears, [i]seriously?[/i]" "We should go ask about his day-- aand oh no. Jaynum has coffee. We have to go get that before that tent goes up in flames." With Persephus safely tucked between his mother's wings, Ciphers and Khione dashed off after the Spiral. Intercepting him just before he entered the event's tent, Ciphers wordlessly snatched the drink from Jaynum's claws and frowned when she realized it was near empty. "Hey!" Jaynum shrieked when it cup was taken, but softened when he whipped around to see the 'thief.' "Oh, hi guys! I didn't know you all would be here!" "Of course we would, we have to keep an eye on you," the Imperial droned. "Like making sure you don't get coffee... You know how you are on caffeine." The Spiral shrugged. "I got it for free from listening to a story about dirt! And I had cotton candy, and-- and-- hey kiddo!" Jaynum fluttered up to Persephus, who was stirring from hearing his father's voice. The hatchling merely nodded with another yawn. "Anyways, I also got a pretzel and a caramel apple. I also saw a bunch of cools things. Ya know that this place has the biggest Ferris Wheel this side of Sornieth? Everything seems so fun and tomorrow's gonna be a scavenger hunt! Also all the dragons on my team seem nice. I can't wait to see what else is going to happen... But I think everybody is going back to converge or whatever and I think I should go now so byyyeee!" He rushed back into the tent before the dragonesses could say anything else. Ciphers heaved a great sigh. "Well, he's gone. Lost to the gods of coffee." The trio left soon after, hoping that they would not awaken the next morning to the news that the carnival had been reduced to a pile of ashes in the night. [size=1]hahahaa the writing sucks but i'm really tired and ~WHO CARES~ [s]why do i have to put my lore in everything[/s]
a letter? how about in person?!

11740830.pngq6f8uvQ.png6602136.png
Khione & Persephus & Ciphers

12882579.png
Jaynum

The rest of the day had passed more peacefully. The trio padded around the carnival, looked at the vendors' wares, tasted the assortments of foods, and played the games and rode whatever rides Persephus wished to (Err... Well, Ciphers did. Khione she said she couldn't deign herself to do so). They often caught sight of dragons from other teams, but for the longest time hadn't seen Jaynum and his team. Only when the dragonesses were about to take a yawning Persephus back to their lodgings did they spot the Spiral.

"There he is," Khione had drawled, flicking her tail behind her. "And... Icewarden's ears, seriously?"

"We should go ask about his day-- aand oh no. Jaynum has coffee. We have to go get that before that tent goes up in flames."

With Persephus safely tucked between his mother's wings, Ciphers and Khione dashed off after the Spiral. Intercepting him just before he entered the event's tent, Ciphers wordlessly snatched the drink from Jaynum's claws and frowned when she realized it was near empty.

"Hey!" Jaynum shrieked when it cup was taken, but softened when he whipped around to see the 'thief.' "Oh, hi guys! I didn't know you all would be here!"

"Of course we would, we have to keep an eye on you," the Imperial droned. "Like making sure you don't get coffee... You know how you are on caffeine."

The Spiral shrugged. "I got it for free from listening to a story about dirt! And I had cotton candy, and-- and-- hey kiddo!" Jaynum fluttered up to Persephus, who was stirring from hearing his father's voice. The hatchling merely nodded with another yawn.

"Anyways, I also got a pretzel and a caramel apple. I also saw a bunch of cools things. Ya know that this place has the biggest Ferris Wheel this side of Sornieth? Everything seems so fun and tomorrow's gonna be a scavenger hunt! Also all the dragons on my team seem nice. I can't wait to see what else is going to happen... But I think everybody is going back to converge or whatever and I think I should go now so byyyeee!"

He rushed back into the tent before the dragonesses could say anything else. Ciphers heaved a great sigh.

"Well, he's gone. Lost to the gods of coffee."

The trio left soon after, hoping that they would not awaken the next morning to the news that the carnival had been reduced to a pile of ashes in the night.

hahahaa the writing sucks but i'm really tired and ~WHO CARES~
why do i have to put my lore in everything
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - lightning_banner.png
Listen to the Thunder
Hear Us Roar
Zh duh wkh Fodq ri wkh Vfuhdplqj Vwrup
lightning_banner.png
[center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/c2f13742bcfac4b59a566302fad0a45f/tumblr_inline_p2v6uebU6U1rns2ix_540.gif[/img][/center] [b]Firgen[/b] struggles with smalltalk and receiving compliments, owing to familiarity with her fae-clan's more gestual methods of communication. Between polite nibbles of candyfloss, the guardian pens a letter to her protege: [i]Yainfarn, Arrived safely in Ice territory. Strange to visit my homeland again. Air is stiller, quieter, colder. Feel refreshed by the icefields during festival season. Days seem brighter and the gala more merry because of the land's harshness. Very few fae here. Am unused to the chatter. Entered game of wits in clan's name. Will bring you and Maenad souvenirs. Don't forget to clean the Woodweld. Firgen P.S. Saw ad for 'Barker.' Consider hiring service for clan. How? Why?[/i]
tumblr_inline_p2v6uebU6U1rns2ix_540.gif

Firgen struggles with smalltalk and receiving compliments, owing to familiarity with her fae-clan's more gestual methods of communication. Between polite nibbles of candyfloss, the guardian pens a letter to her protege:

Yainfarn,

Arrived safely in Ice territory. Strange to visit my homeland again. Air is stiller, quieter, colder. Feel refreshed by the icefields during festival season. Days seem brighter and the gala more merry because of the land's harshness. Very few fae here. Am unused to the chatter. Entered game of wits in clan's name. Will bring you and Maenad souvenirs. Don't forget to clean the Woodweld.

Firgen

P.S. Saw ad for 'Barker.' Consider hiring service for clan. How? Why?
0Xrg9Di.png
Telegram received by Beachrock Boardwalk Subclan of the Stupid Horse Clan, c/o one Curio:

BEST HAS HAPPENED STOP ASSIGNED TO TEAM WITH POTATO STOP MARKETING POTENTIAL ASTRONOMICAL STOP WILL PURSUE CONTRACT STOP P.S. PUT IN ORDER 150 SHOWMAN’S POSTERS AS PREVIOUSLY SECURED WITH SUBSTITUTION OF ARIAL HEADER WITH TIMES NEW ROMAN
Telegram received by Beachrock Boardwalk Subclan of the Stupid Horse Clan, c/o one Curio:

BEST HAS HAPPENED STOP ASSIGNED TO TEAM WITH POTATO STOP MARKETING POTENTIAL ASTRONOMICAL STOP WILL PURSUE CONTRACT STOP P.S. PUT IN ORDER 150 SHOWMAN’S POSTERS AS PREVIOUSLY SECURED WITH SUBSTITUTION OF ARIAL HEADER WITH TIMES NEW ROMAN
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
Hey Nebel,

I bet you have no idea where I am, don't you? Good luck finding me this time~ If you did, I know YOU would have great fun, wouldn't you? Lots of dragons, and so much f oo d... I've stuffed myself with cotton candy already. The dragons are fine, just fine, or you would think so. I might have some fun with them, hm? We'll see about that~

- Schadenfreude
Hey Nebel,

I bet you have no idea where I am, don't you? Good luck finding me this time~ If you did, I know YOU would have great fun, wouldn't you? Lots of dragons, and so much f oo d... I've stuffed myself with cotton candy already. The dragons are fine, just fine, or you would think so. I might have some fun with them, hm? We'll see about that~

- Schadenfreude
pVhWnFy.png
to orion:

help i lost my sunglasses, what do??

in other notes, this nocturne was talking about an amazing wolf they once saw. it was truly an amazing wolf! it was tiny and fluffy and had long ears and could jump very far. have you ever seen a wolf like that?
the team leader’s this black imperial, he suggested looking for my sunglasses and he seems nice. he gives me spooky vibes though.
pepsi was spilled, a nail clipper was fried, a mirror maze tent collapsed and someone was following us. isn’t that weird?

say hi to your agol for me, wouldya? he’s a nice agol.

regards,
kichiro
to orion:

help i lost my sunglasses, what do??

in other notes, this nocturne was talking about an amazing wolf they once saw. it was truly an amazing wolf! it was tiny and fluffy and had long ears and could jump very far. have you ever seen a wolf like that?
the team leader’s this black imperial, he suggested looking for my sunglasses and he seems nice. he gives me spooky vibes though.
pepsi was spilled, a nail clipper was fried, a mirror maze tent collapsed and someone was following us. isn’t that weird?

say hi to your agol for me, wouldya? he’s a nice agol.

regards,
kichiro
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
Dearest Lars,

We enjoyed the carnival today, under no pressure since the competitive challenges have not yet started. My team bathes in goodwill; we spent a good deal of time searching for team-mate Kichiro's lost sunglasses in excellent camaraderie. Meandering, aplenty detours there called us. Pratfalls were had. And yet, the final metric of success, achievement of our concrete goal? Its realization remains yet unknown to me. The shadows cloud in this place. Other insubstantial gains worth speaking of: friendship with Elvira, Chaser of Ace and furry Nocturne. Her enthusiasm blinds her to the difference between a wolf and a fluffbun.

Fondest Sentiments,
Illuminati

[Lars's interpretation, reported to clan:]

Dearest Lars,

Since the competition has not started yet, today we just enjoyed the carnival. My team seems nice. One of our number, Kichiro, lost his sunglasses and we looked for them (while having fun and getting into trouble (but not too much trouble!)). I don't actually know if we were able to find the sunglasses. Also, I made a friend! A Nocturne named Elvira. She is enthusiastic (something about wolves???).

Of course, I include my fondest greetings to the rest of the clan, and hope to gain much honor and wealth for us in the coming days,
Illuminati
Dearest Lars,

We enjoyed the carnival today, under no pressure since the competitive challenges have not yet started. My team bathes in goodwill; we spent a good deal of time searching for team-mate Kichiro's lost sunglasses in excellent camaraderie. Meandering, aplenty detours there called us. Pratfalls were had. And yet, the final metric of success, achievement of our concrete goal? Its realization remains yet unknown to me. The shadows cloud in this place. Other insubstantial gains worth speaking of: friendship with Elvira, Chaser of Ace and furry Nocturne. Her enthusiasm blinds her to the difference between a wolf and a fluffbun.

Fondest Sentiments,
Illuminati

[Lars's interpretation, reported to clan:]

Dearest Lars,

Since the competition has not started yet, today we just enjoyed the carnival. My team seems nice. One of our number, Kichiro, lost his sunglasses and we looked for them (while having fun and getting into trouble (but not too much trouble!)). I don't actually know if we were able to find the sunglasses. Also, I made a friend! A Nocturne named Elvira. She is enthusiastic (something about wolves???).

Of course, I include my fondest greetings to the rest of the clan, and hope to gain much honor and wealth for us in the coming days,
Illuminati
je1KGwo.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/224278/22427716.png[/img][/center] Hello, CLANMATES It is the spicy writing this to say I am at a carnival and they told me to write to my CLAN. THE DRAGONS I RESIDE WITH. let us hope this is the correct group, I think I remember where is this place that is "my clan". I have been assigned a TEAM, we are called the MURDEROUS CAPRICATS and we are [i]"shady squad"[/i]. We have had great fun threatening each other over accused thievery and dissappeared gems, and we stole plush toys and snuck around in the CRATE THEY CAME IN. I GREATLY ENJOY THIS EVENT AND I'M SURE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO MY RETURN HOME SOON. -SPICY C. WING
22427716.png

Hello, CLANMATES

It is the spicy writing this to say I am at a carnival and they told me to write to my CLAN. THE DRAGONS I RESIDE WITH. let us hope this is the correct group, I think I remember where is this place that is "my clan".

I have been assigned a TEAM, we are called the MURDEROUS CAPRICATS and we are "shady squad". We have had great fun threatening each other over accused thievery and dissappeared gems, and we stole plush toys and snuck around in the CRATE THEY CAME IN.

I GREATLY ENJOY THIS EVENT AND I'M SURE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO MY RETURN HOME SOON.

-SPICY C. WING
bQiQUFQ.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 71 72