Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Test Chamber of Ends
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19
@Xemseige
I vaguely recall seeing you answer this somewhere, but is it possible to answer the extra merit after submitting a choice?
@Xemseige
I vaguely recall seeing you answer this somewhere, but is it possible to answer the extra merit after submitting a choice?
MM82e8q.png
@stanari yup! You can always answer the extra merit! One try for it though since you can guess them.
@stanari yup! You can always answer the extra merit! One try for it though since you can guess them.
zEs98s1.png cSckuMi.png 9d3aa51023.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
[center][size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261]Intro & Rules[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863120]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863212]Links & Pinglist[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863898]Support[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863920]Thanks[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MuhqiHdKiqhqjjblMvchZnB8LNmr_lPnxgd9IWn6pc8/pubhtml]Check Your Progress![/url] | [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/10#post_17214470]Today's Test![/url][/b][/size][/center] The snow dissipates and you are greeted with a cheery voice and a test chamber made primarily of crystal clear ice and a bit of snow. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]Oh thank the Warden you made it![/color][/b]” That’s weird. Is that Physics’ voice? You’re not sure whether to be apprehensive or relieved. Your trust has already been tested. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]I’m standing in for SHOVOS while she runs some diagnostics on the facility. Eh… nothing’s… nothing’s wrong with it… That’s not what I’m saying…. Er bear with me! I’m a little bit nervous.[/color][/b]” You hear him fumbling with papers through the intercom, and hear it abruptly cut off. It cuts back on and it seems Physics had already begun talking before he engaged the intercom again. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]-kay! Let’s get started! Follow the path of ice pillars that are glowing. I’ll read the test chamber description as you do.[/b][/color]” He clears his throat, but you hesitate to walk through the walls of ice at his insistence. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]Welcome to Test Chamber 4 entitled Landmark. Congratulations, Test Subject! From base camp, across the chasm, and past the ice monolith, you have successfully reached the halfway point. This test chamber simulates the highest known location that our mountaineers have ever reached. Perhaps you’ll be one of the few to tell its tale. “No, that’s not right, don’t listen to that. You’ll do fine! Wait, are you even at the generators yet? Seriously, this isn’t a trick. Go through the ice pillars![/color][/b]” Perhaps you hesitate still to go through. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]Ok look, I’ll admit, there’s a good chance you won’t make it out of here. This isn’t my facility, it’s hers. But if you help me, I promise I’ll find a way to get you out. I know my hypothesis about the ethereal energies is right… Just a few more tests…[/b][/color]” You’re not fully convinced, but following along for now is better than just sitting around. “[color=#5F9EA0][b]Now, originally this test was intended to have you construct landmarkers from the ice and navigate a maze using only the angle of the sun’s reflection to find and retrieve an item and return. But I, meaning she, has taken the liberty of changing the test as the… situation alters.[/color][/b][center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/VoRJn1l.png[/img][/center] “What’s happened is that the simulation is not actually projecting itself fully and we’ll need you to turn on Generator Gamma-Three...” Papers shuffle again and you let out a sigh. “One. Generator Gamma-Three-One. The generators comprise of stacks of smallest to largest elemental power stones. This generator in particular only has 4 power stones, but the current configuration for it is incorrect. [b][center]“[b]To turn on Generator Gamma-Three-One, transfer all four elemental power stones to Tower Three in 6 steps.[/b]”[/center] "The generators are constructed in a way that: [b]You can only move one stone at a time You can only move the topmost stone in a tower. And a stone can only be placed on a stone that is larger than itself.[/b][center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/EM74A77.png[/img][/center] "The tower currently looks like this. With Tower 1 empty. Tower 2 possessing the medium and large power stones. And Tower 3 possessing the small and extra-large power stones. The final configuration will look like this, with all stones on Tower 3.[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/glwEJra.png[/img][/center] "And I think that’s all there is to it! Let me know when you’re done! For an [u]extra merit[/u] how many steps would it take, if all the stones started in Tower 1, to move them to Tower 3?” For a moment you were wishing SHOVOS had returned so that Physics would finally be quiet. But now it seems he is finally affording you some silence. You stare at the stones that aren’t small enough to be lightweight, but not large enough to pose a problem to move. You would feel pretty good about destroying the genertors, but your gut feeling is telling you that it wouldn’t go over very well. It seems like this whole situation isn’t supposed to happen, and most likely you’re not supposed to be able to see the generations within the simulation. Something’s awry, but maybe you can capitalize on something else… You explore a little further into the crystal maze, eyeing the pillars and shards of ice around. Your reflection looks foreboding as you pass them and it makes you wonder chillingly what you would look like trapped in ice. Just as you try to banish the thought [b]you come across an enormous pillar of ice with what looks like a fae frozen within it[/b]. You slowly step forward cautiously, not even noticing the collection of generators arranged in a circle around the landmark. The fae almost looks… peaceful in the ice… but like a trophy. All this ice for one tiny fae? Was the fae strong? What was the story behind this? “That’s Exemplary Test Subject 137… We ran a field test for ascending the Cloudscrape prior to this experiment to test the effectiveness of SHOVOS' serum. He’s the one who really got my thinking, that sheer willpower is the key to ascent. He made it more than halfway and then… something happened to him. SHOVOS’s droids were able to find him here, I assume having succumbed to the elements. And they froze him as a marker of both excellence and what we want to exceed. I… I think he would like being remembered this way…” Physics trails off, but you wonder how much of his story is true. And how Physics could assume this is the way he wanted to be remembered. You step closer to the ice, pondering if you could free the fae from this sinister tomb. And then his eyes open. You leap backwards in fright, but begin to see [b]it’s pink eyes draw a series of lines within the ice. It looks like… a solution to a maze?[/b] A small dot of cyan glow marks the starting point and it looks like you’ll have to find it. The aura of chilled air sends waves of biting pain through your limbs as you reach forward, wishing to touch, perhaps claws the poor fae out. But it looks impossible. You meet the eyes of the fae one last time before turning to find what could possibly be marked as a glowing cyan dot on the map. And then you see it. Among the generators around, some powered and glowing, others looking no different than any other boring old rock, there is one covered in cyan lines akin to circuits. It looks important, and its circuits are placed in a way that the words "Generator Gamma-Three-Two" can be read from it. On a stack of 8 power stones, it appears the first one has fractured. [b]You could repair Generator Gamma-Three-Two easily by replacing it with a stone from Gamma-Three-One.[/b] Is this a trick question? Which do you activate? This is also the starting point of the maze.[b] Do you follow the solution the fae has given you, or go along with the Test Attendants in hopes that you can foil their plans with their own devices?[/b] [u]Responses[/u] W - Answer Question and place stones on tower 3 to repair Generator Gamma-Three One. X – Repair Generator Gamma-Three-Two by replacing a stone with one from Gamma-Three-One Y – Maneuver through the maze and grab the crystal item you stumble upon. Z – Maneuver through the maze with the solution given to you by the Entombed Fae.

The snow dissipates and you are greeted with a cheery voice and a test chamber made primarily of crystal clear ice and a bit of snow. “Oh thank the Warden you made it!” That’s weird. Is that Physics’ voice? You’re not sure whether to be apprehensive or relieved. Your trust has already been tested. “I’m standing in for SHOVOS while she runs some diagnostics on the facility. Eh… nothing’s… nothing’s wrong with it… That’s not what I’m saying…. Er bear with me! I’m a little bit nervous.” You hear him fumbling with papers through the intercom, and hear it abruptly cut off. It cuts back on and it seems Physics had already begun talking before he engaged the intercom again.
-kay! Let’s get started! Follow the path of ice pillars that are glowing. I’ll read the test chamber description as you do.” He clears his throat, but you hesitate to walk through the walls of ice at his insistence.

Welcome to Test Chamber 4 entitled Landmark. Congratulations, Test Subject! From base camp, across the chasm, and past the ice monolith, you have successfully reached the halfway point. This test chamber simulates the highest known location that our mountaineers have ever reached. Perhaps you’ll be one of the few to tell its tale.
“No, that’s not right, don’t listen to that. You’ll do fine! Wait, are you even at the generators yet? Seriously, this isn’t a trick. Go through the ice pillars!
” Perhaps you hesitate still to go through. “Ok look, I’ll admit, there’s a good chance you won’t make it out of here. This isn’t my facility, it’s hers. But if you help me, I promise I’ll find a way to get you out. I know my hypothesis about the ethereal energies is right… Just a few more tests…” You’re not fully convinced, but following along for now is better than just sitting around.
Now, originally this test was intended to have you construct landmarkers from the ice and navigate a maze using only the angle of the sun’s reflection to find and retrieve an item and return. But I, meaning she, has taken the liberty of changing the test as the… situation alters.

VoRJn1l.png

“What’s happened is that the simulation is not actually projecting itself fully and we’ll need you to turn on Generator Gamma-Three...” Papers shuffle again and you let out a sigh. “One. Generator Gamma-Three-One. The generators comprise of stacks of smallest to largest elemental power stones. This generator in particular only has 4 power stones, but the current configuration for it is incorrect.

To turn on Generator Gamma-Three-One, transfer all four elemental power stones to Tower Three in 6 steps.

"The generators are constructed in a way that:
You can only move one stone at a time
You can only move the topmost stone in a tower.
And a stone can only be placed on a stone that is larger than itself.

EM74A77.png

"The tower currently looks like this. With Tower 1 empty. Tower 2 possessing the medium and large power stones. And Tower 3 possessing the small and extra-large power stones. The final configuration will look like this, with all stones on Tower 3.

glwEJra.png

"And I think that’s all there is to it! Let me know when you’re done!
For an extra merit how many steps would it take, if all the stones started in Tower 1, to move them to Tower 3?” For a moment you were wishing SHOVOS had returned so that Physics would finally be quiet. But now it seems he is finally affording you some silence.

You stare at the stones that aren’t small enough to be lightweight, but not large enough to pose a problem to move. You would feel pretty good about destroying the genertors, but your gut feeling is telling you that it wouldn’t go over very well. It seems like this whole situation isn’t supposed to happen, and most likely you’re not supposed to be able to see the generations within the simulation. Something’s awry, but maybe you can capitalize on something else…

You explore a little further into the crystal maze, eyeing the pillars and shards of ice around. Your reflection looks foreboding as you pass them and it makes you wonder chillingly what you would look like trapped in ice. Just as you try to banish the thought you come across an enormous pillar of ice with what looks like a fae frozen within it. You slowly step forward cautiously, not even noticing the collection of generators arranged in a circle around the landmark. The fae almost looks… peaceful in the ice… but like a trophy. All this ice for one tiny fae? Was the fae strong? What was the story behind this?

“That’s Exemplary Test Subject 137… We ran a field test for ascending the Cloudscrape prior to this experiment to test the effectiveness of SHOVOS' serum. He’s the one who really got my thinking, that sheer willpower is the key to ascent. He made it more than halfway and then… something happened to him. SHOVOS’s droids were able to find him here, I assume having succumbed to the elements. And they froze him as a marker of both excellence and what we want to exceed. I… I think he would like being remembered this way…” Physics trails off, but you wonder how much of his story is true. And how Physics could assume this is the way he wanted to be remembered. You step closer to the ice, pondering if you could free the fae from this sinister tomb.

And then his eyes open.

You leap backwards in fright, but begin to see it’s pink eyes draw a series of lines within the ice. It looks like… a solution to a maze? A small dot of cyan glow marks the starting point and it looks like you’ll have to find it. The aura of chilled air sends waves of biting pain through your limbs as you reach forward, wishing to touch, perhaps claws the poor fae out. But it looks impossible. You meet the eyes of the fae one last time before turning to find what could possibly be marked as a glowing cyan dot on the map. And then you see it.

Among the generators around, some powered and glowing, others looking no different than any other boring old rock, there is one covered in cyan lines akin to circuits. It looks important, and its circuits are placed in a way that the words "Generator Gamma-Three-Two" can be read from it. On a stack of 8 power stones, it appears the first one has fractured. You could repair Generator Gamma-Three-Two easily by replacing it with a stone from Gamma-Three-One. Is this a trick question? Which do you activate?

This is also the starting point of the maze. Do you follow the solution the fae has given you, or go along with the Test Attendants in hopes that you can foil their plans with their own devices?

Responses
W - Answer Question and place stones on tower 3 to repair Generator Gamma-Three One.
X – Repair Generator Gamma-Three-Two by replacing a stone with one from Gamma-Three-One
Y – Maneuver through the maze and grab the crystal item you stumble upon.
Z – Maneuver through the maze with the solution given to you by the Entombed Fae.
@Xemseige

Rules clarification question: may I a block from tower 3 to tower 1, passing over any blocks in between? Also, am I still allowed to submit an answer to yesterday's question?
@Xemseige

Rules clarification question: may I a block from tower 3 to tower 1, passing over any blocks in between? Also, am I still allowed to submit an answer to yesterday's question?
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
New question is up!

Also the music playlist has been edited for your listening pleasure!

@ironpen, @stormdragon, @becsprite, @circustry, @tigressrising, @lunarecho, @candlelit97, @remanlt, @astrologist, @analcaynal, @eialyne, @moonbunny, @Hoshi3Kara, @Syncogon, @Spitfire1701, @stanari, @zelan, @hauntzone, @mithent, @kimdra, @marchhare, @beautifulglitter, @pennifeather, @MissMokushiroku, @rubyredtan, @acheronta, @papergryphon, @Temmith, @unicornssparkle, @fairywingtastic, @eme, @kozzy, @amapup, @clarax, @elysadie, @kuikka, @leopardmask
New question is up!

Also the music playlist has been edited for your listening pleasure!

@ironpen, @stormdragon, @becsprite, @circustry, @tigressrising, @lunarecho, @candlelit97, @remanlt, @astrologist, @analcaynal, @eialyne, @moonbunny, @Hoshi3Kara, @Syncogon, @Spitfire1701, @stanari, @zelan, @hauntzone, @mithent, @kimdra, @marchhare, @beautifulglitter, @pennifeather, @MissMokushiroku, @rubyredtan, @acheronta, @papergryphon, @Temmith, @unicornssparkle, @fairywingtastic, @eme, @kozzy, @amapup, @clarax, @elysadie, @kuikka, @leopardmask
[quote name="bellzan" date=2016-01-27 06:12:05]Rules clarification question: may I a block from tower 3 to tower 1, passing over any blocks in between? Also, am I still allowed to submit an answer to yesterday's question?[/quote] @bellzan If the move doesn't violate any of the three rules listed then it is valid. So the answer would be yes to your question. The deadline for Test 3 has just passed unfortunately. I know some people who have answered never asked to be added to the pinglist. I know a lot of people on FR don't like to be pinged so I only ping those that have requested for it. Sorry this wasn't clear.
bellzan wrote on 2016-01-27:

@bellzan If the move doesn't violate any of the three rules listed then it is valid. So the answer would be yes to your question.

The deadline for Test 3 has just passed unfortunately. I know some people who have answered never asked to be added to the pinglist. I know a lot of people on FR don't like to be pinged so I only ping those that have requested for it. Sorry this wasn't clear.
[quote name="AbstractAlgebra" date=2016-01-27 06:31:07] [center][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/436.gif[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1710776][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url] [/center] [/quote] @AbstractAlgebra bellzan used a pokeball
AbstractAlgebra wrote on 2016-01-27:
436.gif
tvbcGte.png

@AbstractAlgebra

bellzan used a pokeball
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
Sorry for the lateness everyone! Next question will come soon. Submissions for Test 4 is closed, but the deadline for Test 5 tomorrow will be extended by an hour or two!
Sorry for the lateness everyone! Next question will come soon. Submissions for Test 4 is closed, but the deadline for Test 5 tomorrow will be extended by an hour or two!
@Xemseige Can I be added to the pinglist please? Also, if I figure out the answer, do I post here or pm you?
@Xemseige Can I be added to the pinglist please? Also, if I figure out the answer, do I post here or pm you?
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
[center][size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261]Intro & Rules[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863120]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863212]Links & Pinglist[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863898]Support[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/1#post_16863920]Thanks[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MuhqiHdKiqhqjjblMvchZnB8LNmr_lPnxgd9IWn6pc8/pubhtml]Check Your Progress![/url] | [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1712261/12#post_17264834]Today's Test![/url][/b][/size][/center] You had thought that the facility had been damaged enough that the next chamber would look more like… well… an actual test chamber. But you’re surprised as you are immersed back into the simulation, and step into deep snow. The wind is gentle despite the altitude, and tosses snow about you playfully and without harm. And up towards the peak, masked in thickening clouds, all you can see are the dancing colors of pink and blue, yellow and green. In the dimming sunset, it really does look like a dreamscape. You ascend for some time without realizing that neither Test Attendant has contacted you, but you feel that you are making good progress and don’t need any direction. There is only one place to go and you are curious what the simulation has hypothesized exists at the peak. You notice the clouds beginning to roll over the land. Their thick shawls of gray causing the few land features to disappear around you. You continue with determination, although you begin to grow frustrated with your own body. You march, you glide, you fly, but your body seems weaker than it’s ever been. A pounding headache has grown ever since you entered this place, and you figure that your body isn’t used to this altitude. “Aqwt dqfa ku unqykpi aqw fqyp.” Was that Physics’ voice? But you didn’t understand it. It sounded like gibberish. “Vjku gpgtia! Ecp’v aqw hggn kv? Ecp’v aqw wpfgtuvcpf kv? Kv ku [i]transcendental[/i]. Cpf aqw owuv dg cu ygnn...” You’re even more confused. Why can’t you understand him? What’s going on? All you could understand was the word ‘transcendental’, the only word that wasn’t encoded. Symbols flash before your eyes and you just can’t make sense of them. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/bT8Ibf1.png[/img][/center] You feel there is a way to decode them. And for some reason you feel like you know how to do it. [b]1. First, you must convert each symbol into a number.[/b] You know through otherworldly intuition that each flight symbol converts to the number of their birth order, but what were they again? [b]2. Second, convert each number to its corresponding letter of the alphabet.[/b] It sounds like gibberish, just like Physics’ words from earlier. [b]3. Third, shift the letters a certain amount to understand the spoken words in this place.[/b] [b]4. Fourth, and lastly, reconvert each letter back to its number in the alphabet.[/b] The number gained is important and you can feel power just from imagining its endlessness The thought of it causes you to ponder this question: if a number increases exponentially forever towards infinity, will it reach a numerical limit or continue also toward infinity? You will gain a sense of accomplishment for solving this [u]extra merit[/u]. The fog of cloud cover gives way as a dragoness peers over the horizon, placing a giant claw on the frozen earth with a terrible grin. A sickly guardian, mangled with synthetic parts and electronics graphed into her flesh. Is this SHOVOS? Is this real? Are you hallucinating? “K ejkugn hkiwtgu qwv htqo vjg keg. Qwv htqo vjg egtvckpva qh fgcvj, kpvq vjg dnguukpi qh gxgtncuvkpi dnkuu. Cpkocvgf iqngou. Rgtukuvgpv xcicdqpfu. Bgcnqwu yctfgpu. [b]Ctkug oa ejknftgp. Cuegpf vq aqwt rnceg cu ctejcpignu qh vjg ykpvgt uswcnn umkgu. Eqpswgt![/b] Rgtej wrqp oa vcnqpu cu k ukv wrqp oa vjtqpg, pqv cu c swggp, dwv cu c iqffguu. K yknn dwknf oaugnh c ecvjgftcn htqo vjg twvjnguu cewogp qh oa dtknnkcpeg cpf vjg xgjgogpeg qh oa codkvkqp. K, UJQXQU, yknn itcpv vjg dnguukpi qh vjg [i]constant [/i]rtqokug qh rgthgev keg.” All you could understand is the word ‘constant’ also not encoded. Constant and transcendental. Features of this number. Perhaps features of yourself. You feel sensations of power as SHOVOS’ words echo within your mind. All this around you is energy and you could fight it to submission and possess it. It could all be yours and you grin at the thought, growing intoxicated by the idea. “Vqq ocpa qh wu ikxg wr yjgp cnn yg gxgt pggf vq fq ku mggr vtakpi.” Your attention turns to a transparent image of Physics phasing in and out in the skies above. Light cascades from all around him, dancing down the slopes, flickering briefly before being lost in the clouds. While beautiful, the lights cause the pounding in your head to increase and heighten the feelings of exhaustion within your body. But Physics’ words fills you with a sense of opportunity and confidence. “[b]Qxgteqog aqwt gctvjna nkokvu! Ogtig ykvj vjg wpmpqyp![/b]” What would it be like to fuse with all this ethereal energy? Enlightenment? To be the unfathomable? The image of Physics continues to soar in the air just as the image of SHOVOS continues to claw at the earth. It all isn’t real is it? They aren’t there and you must be stuck in the dreamscape. Should you decode the symbols and regain your sanity? Or should you utilize the anomalies to your advantage? Or simply for science? [u]Responses[/u] W - Decode the symbols and be free of this madness. X - Peer into the clouds and gain unforeseen knowledge from the dreams. Y - Harness the ethereal energy and merge with the wavelength. Z - Harness the ethereal energy and conquer its eminence.

You had thought that the facility had been damaged enough that the next chamber would look more like… well… an actual test chamber. But you’re surprised as you are immersed back into the simulation, and step into deep snow. The wind is gentle despite the altitude, and tosses snow about you playfully and without harm. And up towards the peak, masked in thickening clouds, all you can see are the dancing colors of pink and blue, yellow and green. In the dimming sunset, it really does look like a dreamscape.

You ascend for some time without realizing that neither Test Attendant has contacted you, but you feel that you are making good progress and don’t need any direction. There is only one place to go and you are curious what the simulation has hypothesized exists at the peak. You notice the clouds beginning to roll over the land. Their thick shawls of gray causing the few land features to disappear around you. You continue with determination, although you begin to grow frustrated with your own body. You march, you glide, you fly, but your body seems weaker than it’s ever been. A pounding headache has grown ever since you entered this place, and you figure that your body isn’t used to this altitude.

“Aqwt dqfa ku unqykpi aqw fqyp.”

Was that Physics’ voice? But you didn’t understand it. It sounded like gibberish.

“Vjku gpgtia! Ecp’v aqw hggn kv? Ecp’v aqw wpfgtuvcpf kv? Kv ku transcendental. Cpf aqw owuv dg cu ygnn...”

You’re even more confused. Why can’t you understand him? What’s going on? All you could understand was the word ‘transcendental’, the only word that wasn’t encoded.
Symbols flash before your eyes and you just can’t make sense of them.
bT8Ibf1.png
You feel there is a way to decode them. And for some reason you feel like you know how to do it.
1. First, you must convert each symbol into a number. You know through otherworldly intuition that each flight symbol converts to the number of their birth order, but what were they again?
2. Second, convert each number to its corresponding letter of the alphabet. It sounds like gibberish, just like Physics’ words from earlier.
3. Third, shift the letters a certain amount to understand the spoken words in this place.
4. Fourth, and lastly, reconvert each letter back to its number in the alphabet. The number gained is important and you can feel power just from imagining its endlessness

The thought of it causes you to ponder this question: if a number increases exponentially forever towards infinity, will it reach a numerical limit or continue also toward infinity? You will gain a sense of accomplishment for solving this extra merit.

The fog of cloud cover gives way as a dragoness peers over the horizon, placing a giant claw on the frozen earth with a terrible grin. A sickly guardian, mangled with synthetic parts and electronics graphed into her flesh. Is this SHOVOS? Is this real? Are you hallucinating?

“K ejkugn hkiwtgu qwv htqo vjg keg. Qwv htqo vjg egtvckpva qh fgcvj, kpvq vjg dnguukpi qh gxgtncuvkpi dnkuu. Cpkocvgf iqngou. Rgtukuvgpv xcicdqpfu. Bgcnqwu yctfgpu. Ctkug oa ejknftgp. Cuegpf vq aqwt rnceg cu ctejcpignu qh vjg ykpvgt uswcnn umkgu. Eqpswgt! Rgtej wrqp oa vcnqpu cu k ukv wrqp oa vjtqpg, pqv cu c swggp, dwv cu c iqffguu. K yknn dwknf oaugnh c ecvjgftcn htqo vjg twvjnguu cewogp qh oa dtknnkcpeg cpf vjg xgjgogpeg qh oa codkvkqp. K, UJQXQU, yknn itcpv vjg dnguukpi qh vjg constant rtqokug qh rgthgev keg.”

All you could understand is the word ‘constant’ also not encoded. Constant and transcendental. Features of this number. Perhaps features of yourself. You feel sensations of power as SHOVOS’ words echo within your mind. All this around you is energy and you could fight it to submission and possess it. It could all be yours and you grin at the thought, growing intoxicated by the idea.

“Vqq ocpa qh wu ikxg wr yjgp cnn yg gxgt pggf vq fq ku mggr vtakpi.” Your attention turns to a transparent image of Physics phasing in and out in the skies above. Light cascades from all around him, dancing down the slopes, flickering briefly before being lost in the clouds. While beautiful, the lights cause the pounding in your head to increase and heighten the feelings of exhaustion within your body. But Physics’ words fills you with a sense of opportunity and confidence. “Qxgteqog aqwt gctvjna nkokvu! Ogtig ykvj vjg wpmpqyp!” What would it be like to fuse with all this ethereal energy? Enlightenment? To be the unfathomable?

The image of Physics continues to soar in the air just as the image of SHOVOS continues to claw at the earth. It all isn’t real is it? They aren’t there and you must be stuck in the dreamscape. Should you decode the symbols and regain your sanity? Or should you utilize the anomalies to your advantage? Or simply for science?

Responses
W - Decode the symbols and be free of this madness.
X - Peer into the clouds and gain unforeseen knowledge from the dreams.
Y - Harness the ethereal energy and merge with the wavelength.
Z - Harness the ethereal energy and conquer its eminence.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19