Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Share the lore-centered dragons!
1 2 3
So, I'm really into clans with lore. If you have some, go ahead and share! Post the dragons that have a bigger part in it or a part at all, tell about your clan habits, lifestyle, hierarchy, happenings, whatever comes to mind! If you have e.g a tumblr page for your clan lore/stories/dragons/etc., share it too! I think we can also comment to each other in this topic, share thoughts and comments about each other's clans! ------ I'm still working on it, but here's something about my Lightning clan, [i]the Stormchanters[/i]. More text can be found on my clan profile for now. :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7829058] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78291/7829058_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Emyr is the adamant, quiet and intimidating leader. He's very loyal to his followers and will protect them at any cost. He's old and wise and has a lot of authority inside the clan. Emyr values traditions and as a Lightning dragon, he's sometimes considered as an outdated leader for honouring the more ancient customs of dragons. He decided to become a mentor, a leader and a father for those who needed it. So, the Stormchanters were born.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12861483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128615/12861483_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]There is a young ridgeback who has started to gather followers to his side. Kirous is a malicious and power-thirsty drake, who despises Emyr and his ways. His deepest intentions are not necessarily clear and mostly he just seems to want power over other dragons and maybe to prove that he's greater than Emyr. Kirous resides on an island near the lair, hidden. There are some Stormchanters who have joined him, but most of them stay in secret and still seem to follow Emyr. [/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11425272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114253/11425272_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]The rebellious Kirous has a rival - Riitti is a young female ridgeback, who was raised by Emyr and grew up with so much potential, that the leader has decided her to be his successor. Riitti takes after his foster father, but is a lot softer on the outside than the Guardian. She shouldn't be underestimated because of her kindness though - she's very skilled fighter and uses lightning magic in powerful ways.[/i] Many of my dragons also have Finnish names, so they may sound a bit weird. Kirous means "Curse" and Riitti means "Rite, ritual" in Finnish. And of course I have other dragons who take part in the happenings of my lore, but these are the main trio. There we go. Feel free to share your thoughts about it and post something of your clan lore too! c: [s](I'll ping myself so I won't lose this topic [/s]@Phantomskjere )
So, I'm really into clans with lore. If you have some, go ahead and share!

Post the dragons that have a bigger part in it or a part at all, tell about your clan habits, lifestyle, hierarchy, happenings, whatever comes to mind! If you have e.g a tumblr page for your clan lore/stories/dragons/etc., share it too! I think we can also comment to each other in this topic, share thoughts and comments about each other's clans!

I'm still working on it, but here's something about my Lightning clan, the Stormchanters. More text can be found on my clan profile for now. :)

7829058_350.png

Emyr is the adamant, quiet and intimidating leader. He's very loyal to his followers and will protect them at any cost. He's old and wise and has a lot of authority inside the clan. Emyr values traditions and as a Lightning dragon, he's sometimes considered as an outdated leader for honouring the more ancient customs of dragons. He decided to become a mentor, a leader and a father for those who needed it. So, the Stormchanters were born.

12861483_350.png

There is a young ridgeback who has started to gather followers to his side. Kirous is a malicious and power-thirsty drake, who despises Emyr and his ways. His deepest intentions are not necessarily clear and mostly he just seems to want power over other dragons and maybe to prove that he's greater than Emyr. Kirous resides on an island near the lair, hidden. There are some Stormchanters who have joined him, but most of them stay in secret and still seem to follow Emyr.

11425272_350.png

The rebellious Kirous has a rival - Riitti is a young female ridgeback, who was raised by Emyr and grew up with so much potential, that the leader has decided her to be his successor. Riitti takes after his foster father, but is a lot softer on the outside than the Guardian. She shouldn't be underestimated because of her kindness though - she's very skilled fighter and uses lightning magic in powerful ways.

Many of my dragons also have Finnish names, so they may sound a bit weird. Kirous means "Curse" and Riitti means "Rite, ritual" in Finnish. And of course I have other dragons who take part in the happenings of my lore, but these are the main trio.

There we go. Feel free to share your thoughts about it and post something of your clan lore too! c:

(I'll ping myself so I won't lose this topic @Phantomskjere )
Does your clan have lore? SHARE IT HERE!
@Phantomskjere Ooh, very nice! You've got quite the conflict going on there, and I love how you've tied in your element. Riitti sounds like a great character, and I like how you've worked with Emyr's 'lost' daughter. Will you be updating your story as the conflict progresses? My clan has lore, too! (Though, some dragons are fan-dragons, but I hope to tie them in a little better.) The not-quite-drowned are a water clan, living deep down in the sea of a thousand currents. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2976640] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29767/2976640_350.png[/img] [/url] They're led by a guardian, Terwe. Clan lore can be found on my profile, but basically it goes like this: Terwe's charge are dragons who would have drowned. And so she roams the sea, using her water-flight-precognitive-powers looking for lost souls to save and offers them a place. So, almost all the dragons in my lair almost drowned some time before, for one reason or another. All my dragons have little snippets of lore or bio, but there is not much 'plot' going on. Just this... sort-of background story. :) (also, your bios are really cool! Extensive, informative, pretty!)
@Phantomskjere
Ooh, very nice! You've got quite the conflict going on there, and I love how you've tied in your element. Riitti sounds like a great character, and I like how you've worked with Emyr's 'lost' daughter.
Will you be updating your story as the conflict progresses?

My clan has lore, too! (Though, some dragons are fan-dragons, but I hope to tie them in a little better.)

The not-quite-drowned are a water clan, living deep down in the sea of a thousand currents.

2976640_350.png

They're led by a guardian, Terwe. Clan lore can be found on my profile, but basically it goes like this: Terwe's charge are dragons who would have drowned. And so she roams the sea, using her water-flight-precognitive-powers looking for lost souls to save and offers them a place. So, almost all the dragons in my lair almost drowned some time before, for one reason or another.

All my dragons have little snippets of lore or bio, but there is not much 'plot' going on. Just this... sort-of background story. :)
(also, your bios are really cool! Extensive, informative, pretty!)
1lu6sg3.gif
the seas are lovely, dark and deep...
but we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep

velsim #52577, the not-quite-drowned. - wishlist | sales | accents
@Velsim

Thank you! I do want to write a longer story to go with my clan lore, yes! I'm still thinking about where to post it though. But after I get all of my dragons their bios and get enough dragons to the rebellion, I'll definitely put a link on my profile leading to the story. I have so many things on my mind, so I think that a longer, written story would be good for me to express the conflicts of my clan. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy my lore (and bios). ;u;

And ah! I really, really like the idea of your clan! I never really payed much attention to the water flight, but your clan definitely changed my thoughts of it. I love the eerie feeling of the lore, and it makes sense to the question of how the dragons of other elements would live on Tidelord's domains. Very creative, I feel like I'd want to read more about it!
@Velsim

Thank you! I do want to write a longer story to go with my clan lore, yes! I'm still thinking about where to post it though. But after I get all of my dragons their bios and get enough dragons to the rebellion, I'll definitely put a link on my profile leading to the story. I have so many things on my mind, so I think that a longer, written story would be good for me to express the conflicts of my clan. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy my lore (and bios). ;u;

And ah! I really, really like the idea of your clan! I never really payed much attention to the water flight, but your clan definitely changed my thoughts of it. I love the eerie feeling of the lore, and it makes sense to the question of how the dragons of other elements would live on Tidelord's domains. Very creative, I feel like I'd want to read more about it!
@Phantomskjere
Oh! Would you ping me when you write it all out? Because I'd definitely be interested in reading it!

And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the idea! Actually I came up with it while reading the region descriptions of the world map - those are pretty dark!
@Phantomskjere
Oh! Would you ping me when you write it all out? Because I'd definitely be interested in reading it!

And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the idea! Actually I came up with it while reading the region descriptions of the world map - those are pretty dark!
1lu6sg3.gif

@Velsim Sure! I'll do that whenever I start the topic. I may do it soon too, depending on my inspiration and time! c: I'm afraid that next week, some evening I'll just start writing and after hours, I'll realize that the sun is rising... :D But yeah, I'll ping you! I'm seriously very glad that you're interested in reading my stuff.

I personally love it when people read the lore of the flights etc. and build their clan/dragon lore around it. It creates a sense of unity in some way, I think. :) And there also are so many creative people on this site, so it's really nice to read dragon bios and clan profiles. It's also very inspiring.
@Velsim Sure! I'll do that whenever I start the topic. I may do it soon too, depending on my inspiration and time! c: I'm afraid that next week, some evening I'll just start writing and after hours, I'll realize that the sun is rising... :D But yeah, I'll ping you! I'm seriously very glad that you're interested in reading my stuff.

I personally love it when people read the lore of the flights etc. and build their clan/dragon lore around it. It creates a sense of unity in some way, I think. :) And there also are so many creative people on this site, so it's really nice to read dragon bios and clan profiles. It's also very inspiring.
@Phantomskjere
Nice! I'll be looking forward to it, then!

I agree, it ties everything together. And I'm always happy to read other people's stories and lore :D
@Phantomskjere
Nice! I'll be looking forward to it, then!

I agree, it ties everything together. And I'm always happy to read other people's stories and lore :D
1lu6sg3.gif

@Phantomskjere I have two dragons with lore partially finished. Pneumonic did have all of hers completed, but over half disappeared. Granted it gave me every reason to do a proper rewrite, it still annoyed me to no end. Sage has a small bit of lore that I still need to finish, but you get a good idea of his role and personality from what is there. Below is Pneumonic, the clans leader. You can get the majority of her story from what is there, and I got a little creative by weaving genes into the story. The stories are rather lengthy though. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=99823] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/999/99823_350.png[/img] [/url] Sage is hard for me to explain fully because I dont have much on him right now. He has a thought out story, but it is not there yet. Yet. Still, what is there may interest you. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=270813] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2709/270813_350.png[/img] [/url] And then I have the link in my signature that is from the dragon's perspective.
@Phantomskjere

I have two dragons with lore partially finished. Pneumonic did have all of hers completed, but over half disappeared. Granted it gave me every reason to do a proper rewrite, it still annoyed me to no end. Sage has a small bit of lore that I still need to finish, but you get a good idea of his role and personality from what is there.

Below is Pneumonic, the clans leader. You can get the majority of her story from what is there, and I got a little creative by weaving genes into the story. The stories are rather lengthy though.

99823_350.png

Sage is hard for me to explain fully because I dont have much on him right now. He has a thought out story, but it is not there yet. Yet. Still, what is there may interest you.

270813_350.png

And then I have the link in my signature that is from the dragon's perspective.
I'm just going to drop in this little weirdo while I go read up on everybody else's lore because as lorekeeper she has a little directory in her bio that'll get you everywhere with finished bios x3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7772621] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77727/7772621_350.png[/img] [/url]
I'm just going to drop in this little weirdo while I go read up on everybody else's lore because as lorekeeper she has a little directory in her bio that'll get you everywhere with finished bios x3

7772621_350.png
@Phantomskjere I have lore on most of my creepy dragons on my second page, but since it would make my post huge, i will just share my most recent lores~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15345294] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153453/15345294_350.png[/img] [/url] Thundercrack was found and adopted by the clan leader, Atrox. Atrox's own children all left the clan, but he felt the need to get an heir, a successor to his lair and the family within. The head of the necromancy and plague department of the lair, Pestilence, had stolen some eggs herself to ensure her own heirs. And Atrox had decided to do the same. Thundercrack had been laid in an other lair in the lightning realm, yet his eyes spoke of places elsewhere. Places where Atrox himself had been hatched. Deciding the hatchling was worthy of being his heir, he took to training and teaching the hatchling, and named him after the festival he was hatched during. Soon after he joined the lair, a younger dragon was brought into the lair as well, by the name of TideSinger. Since the two were the only hatchlings in the clan at the time, the two took to eachother fast and became great friends. Personality wise Tundercrack is a rambunctuous dragon whom is confident in his own cunning. He has a big ego and thusly sometimes crashes with the other male ridgebacks. But he takes his lessons in being a clan leader seriously and takes care not to go too far or push his future family members too hard. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15397501] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153976/15397501_350.png[/img] [/url] Tidesinger was brought into the clan by fate. The clans mystics had forseen a prophesy that one day the clan would befall dark times, and only a dragon shining brighter then the light reflecting off the sundial terrace, with a strong will and strong armor could save them all. To save his clan from doom, Soothsayer took to the wastelands to find their savior. Drawn to a certain spot in the wastelands, he came across a hatching of a single egg, surrounded by ceremony and other dragons. Feeling he had found the one he was looking for, he drew near. The egg hatched, and as the snapper guarding the nest said, the child had to choose their destiny. Destiny brought Tidesinger to the clan, and under the elders he learned to read, fight and other great things. Growing up, to someday fulfill the destiny the elders did not tell him about, for his own good. He grew up together with Thundercrack, and the two became quite good friends, roughhousing and racing across the sands sometimes to avoid boring lessons. After they grew up they turned their attention to the coliseum, fighting with pleasure and showing off scars to one another. ((oh gosh its still long im so sorry!))
@Phantomskjere

I have lore on most of my creepy dragons on my second page, but since it would make my post huge, i will just share my most recent lores~

15345294_350.png

Thundercrack was found and adopted by the clan leader, Atrox.
Atrox's own children all left the clan, but he felt the need to get an heir, a successor to his lair and the family within. The head of the necromancy and plague department of the lair, Pestilence, had stolen some eggs herself to ensure her own heirs. And Atrox had decided to do the same.

Thundercrack had been laid in an other lair in the lightning realm, yet his eyes spoke of places elsewhere. Places where Atrox himself had been hatched. Deciding the hatchling was worthy of being his heir, he took to training and teaching the hatchling, and named him after the festival he was hatched during.
Soon after he joined the lair, a younger dragon was brought into the lair as well, by the name of TideSinger. Since the two were the only hatchlings in the clan at the time, the two took to eachother fast and became great friends.

Personality wise Tundercrack is a rambunctuous dragon whom is confident in his own cunning. He has a big ego and thusly sometimes crashes with the other male ridgebacks. But he takes his lessons in being a clan leader seriously and takes care not to go too far or push his future family members too hard.

15397501_350.png

Tidesinger was brought into the clan by fate. The clans mystics had forseen a prophesy that one day the clan would befall dark times, and only a dragon shining brighter then the light reflecting off the sundial terrace, with a strong will and strong armor could save them all.
To save his clan from doom, Soothsayer took to the wastelands to find their savior.
Drawn to a certain spot in the wastelands, he came across a hatching of a single egg, surrounded by ceremony and other dragons.
Feeling he had found the one he was looking for, he drew near. The egg hatched, and as the snapper guarding the nest said, the child had to choose their destiny.

Destiny brought Tidesinger to the clan, and under the elders he learned to read, fight and other great things. Growing up, to someday fulfill the destiny the elders did not tell him about, for his own good.
He grew up together with Thundercrack, and the two became quite good friends, roughhousing and racing across the sands sometimes to avoid boring lessons. After they grew up they turned their attention to the coliseum, fighting with pleasure and showing off scars to one another.

((oh gosh its still long im so sorry!))
alWiqh6.png
My clan is of the Light domain and it is called the Paladins' Circle. It has since moved from its original location into a larger area within the Mirrorlight Promenade. Their new location is the Sanctuary of the Prism, a mirrored temple that once worshiped a god known as the Prism in the old ages but has since been converted into a temple for the Lightweaver. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11804343] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/118044/11804343_350.png[/img] [/url] Hierarchy is the current male ruler of the clan, although he originates from the Windswept Plateau and had no intent of coming to the Sunbeam Ruins. He ended up being chased there by bandits from the Tangled Wood. He sought shelter in the Cathedral of the Sun (where the clan used to live) and found a clan in turmoil because of a short-tempered male leader and his wife who was too scared to do anything. Hierarchy was eventually chosen as the male leader of the clan and it was he who named it the Paladins' Circle and brought it up from a loosely organized band. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9042855] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90429/9042855_350.png[/img] [/url] Judgment is the current female ruler of the clan. She is one of the daughters of Wrath and Aegis, the previous leaders of the clan. It was the occurrence of three female children that made Wrath spiral into a fog of contempt because he wanted a male heir as a successor. Judgment was chosen as the clan's next female leader to rule alongside Hierarchy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7862929] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78630/7862929_350.png[/img] [/url] Desire is one of the clan's four founders and has been with it since its inception. She took the position of Adviser due to a lack of interest in a leadership position. When Wrath's temper flared due to the contempt for his daughters, Desire was forced to leave and go to the Starfall Isles in search of answers. There, she received a prophetic vision that showed Hierarchy and Judgment being crowned the clan's new leaders, and she returned to find that it was completely true. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7862930] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78630/7862930_350.png[/img] [/url] Despair is another clan founder and chose the position of Diplomat because, like Desire, he had no want for a leadership position. He did not always have his solemn demeanor; in fact, he was quite cheerful before Wrath began to rule the clan with an iron fist, and Despair was forced to change his personality to adapt. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7833334] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78334/7833334_350.png[/img] [/url] Aegis was another of the four clan founders and the mate of Wrath, the first male leader. She has a sweet personality but is rather submissive and this unfortunately came to light before the clan's darkest times. When Wrath became fierce and unrelenting, Aegis was too afraid to confront him and nothing changed in the clan. Eventually she was succeeded by her daughter Judgment, although her first choice for the new leader was her other daughter Adamant. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7751487] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77515/7751487_350.png[/img] [/url] Wrath was the first male leader of the clan and one of its four founders. When the time came to produce heirs, he produced a nest of wholly female children. Wanting at least one son to take over the kingship, Wrath's personality changed completely and his subjects suffered under his fierce dictatorship. When Hierarchy arrived at the cathedral and was elected the new leader, Wrath stepped down, although he still tries to give advice to Hierarchy (that Hierarchy, by the way, never listens to)
My clan is of the Light domain and it is called the Paladins' Circle. It has since moved from its original location into a larger area within the Mirrorlight Promenade. Their new location is the Sanctuary of the Prism, a mirrored temple that once worshiped a god known as the Prism in the old ages but has since been converted into a temple for the Lightweaver.

11804343_350.png

Hierarchy is the current male ruler of the clan, although he originates from the Windswept Plateau and had no intent of coming to the Sunbeam Ruins. He ended up being chased there by bandits from the Tangled Wood.

He sought shelter in the Cathedral of the Sun (where the clan used to live) and found a clan in turmoil because of a short-tempered male leader and his wife who was too scared to do anything. Hierarchy was eventually chosen as the male leader of the clan and it was he who named it the Paladins' Circle and brought it up from a loosely organized band.

9042855_350.png

Judgment is the current female ruler of the clan. She is one of the daughters of Wrath and Aegis, the previous leaders of the clan. It was the occurrence of three female children that made Wrath spiral into a fog of contempt because he wanted a male heir as a successor. Judgment was chosen as the clan's next female leader to rule alongside Hierarchy.

7862929_350.png

Desire is one of the clan's four founders and has been with it since its inception. She took the position of Adviser due to a lack of interest in a leadership position. When Wrath's temper flared due to the contempt for his daughters, Desire was forced to leave and go to the Starfall Isles in search of answers.

There, she received a prophetic vision that showed Hierarchy and Judgment being crowned the clan's new leaders, and she returned to find that it was completely true.

7862930_350.png

Despair is another clan founder and chose the position of Diplomat because, like Desire, he had no want for a leadership position. He did not always have his solemn demeanor; in fact, he was quite cheerful before Wrath began to rule the clan with an iron fist, and Despair was forced to change his personality to adapt.

7833334_350.png

Aegis was another of the four clan founders and the mate of Wrath, the first male leader. She has a sweet personality but is rather submissive and this unfortunately came to light before the clan's darkest times. When Wrath became fierce and unrelenting, Aegis was too afraid to confront him and nothing changed in the clan.

Eventually she was succeeded by her daughter Judgment, although her first choice for the new leader was her other daughter Adamant.

7751487_350.png

Wrath was the first male leader of the clan and one of its four founders. When the time came to produce heirs, he produced a nest of wholly female children. Wanting at least one son to take over the kingship, Wrath's personality changed completely and his subjects suffered under his fierce dictatorship.

When Hierarchy arrived at the cathedral and was elected the new leader, Wrath stepped down, although he still tries to give advice to Hierarchy (that Hierarchy, by the way, never listens to)

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
1 2 3