Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 25 Days of Lore - LATECOMERS WELCOME
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31 32
[quote name="mukuroikusabas" date="2018-12-08 19:56:16" ] [center][b][font=times new roman][size=5][b]day 8 - escape[/b][/size][/font][/b][/center] [columns]feat [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46030266][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/460303/46030266.png[/img][/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46030267][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/460303/46030267.png[/img][/url][/columns] ----- [font=cambria] "Are you glad you left?" Tira opens one eye to look at her mate, who lies with her back turned towards her. Her eyes are still open, staring blankly towards the window of their room. Tira sits up in their nest, twists her head around so that she can get a better look at what's going on. "It wasn't so much leaving as it was escaping, my dear," Tira reminds her. "I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to keep my life. They were going to kill me." "But you could've gone anywhere in the world. You could've travelled anywhere you wanted without them on your back, and yet you chose to be here with me." Laat pulls a little closer to Tira. "That must mean something, doesn't it?" "It means I love you," Tira replies simply. "I didn't know it when I left of course. I thought I would be free of responsibility, but you pulled me back in, as you keep doing time after time." "Hmm. Has anyone told you that you could be a poet?" Laat asks playfully. Tira nudges her with her wing, and then settles back down in the nest to sleep.[/font] [/quote]
mukuroikusabas wrote on 2018-12-08 19:56:16:
day 8 - escape
feat 46030266.png & 46030267.png

"Are you glad you left?"

Tira opens one eye to look at her mate, who lies with her back turned towards her. Her eyes are still open, staring blankly towards the window of their room. Tira sits up in their nest, twists her head around so that she can get a better look at what's going on.

"It wasn't so much leaving as it was escaping, my dear," Tira reminds her. "I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to keep my life. They were going to kill me."

"But you could've gone anywhere in the world. You could've travelled anywhere you wanted without them on your back, and yet you chose to be here with me." Laat pulls a little closer to Tira. "That must mean something, doesn't it?"

"It means I love you," Tira replies simply. "I didn't know it when I left of course. I thought I would be free of responsibility, but you pulled me back in, as you keep doing time after time."

"Hmm. Has anyone told you that you could be a poet?" Laat asks playfully. Tira nudges her with her wing, and then settles back down in the nest to sleep.
OFQGTWm.png Lore Shop 20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
Day 8: Escape Word count: 522 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5073049] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/50731/5073049_350.png[/img] [/url] "Auster, maybe we should turn back..." Seraphina whispered. Something about the hewn city was deeply unnerving. Maybe it was the unnatural shade hanging over the place. Auster was more unnerved by the silence. The three of them seemed to be the only living things around. There was no birdsong, no skittering of mice, nothing. Still, she couldn't escape the feeling that they were being watched. "What do you think Aer?" Auster asked the armored guardian. "Wanna keep going?" Part of her was disappointed when Aer said "Just a little further. We're almost there. I can [i]feel[/i] it in my bones". "Okay then, onward!" Auster said with a confidence she did not possess. The three dragons walked on in silence. That morning, Aer had suddenly told her friends that she could sense her charge in the Sunbeam Ruins. Seraphina had tagged along out of a desire to see her homeland, and was less than pleased when the Search led them to the hewn city. As for Auster? She was just hoping to find something valuable, preferably small enough to slip into a pocket. Maybe an ancient relic, or a shiny piece of jewelry. "So, Aer" Auster said. The silence was killing her. "How will you know when you find your charge?" "Hmm" Aer rumbled. "I don't know. According to Viola, I'll just know when I see it". "What do you think it'll be?" Auster was hoping it was something thy could easily carry back home. She glanced over her shoulder. The feeling of being watched kept getting stronger by the minute. "Perhaps a statue? I just don't know". "Guys..." Sera whimpered. "Can we please leave now?" "Aer?" "Not too much further" the guardian reassured them. "That's what you said the last time we asked you!" Sera was clearly uncomfortable. "It's so dark". Auster felt stupid. Right, Seraphina was afraid of the dark. How could she forget?" "Aer, I'm with Sera" she said. "This place gives me the creeps". "What's gotten into you two?" Aer dug her claws into the ground. "I'm not leaving, not until I've found my-" "[i]I just saw something move![/i]" Sera shrieked. She pointed a shaky claw. "[i]There![/i]" The other two squinted through the darkness. "I don't see anything" Aer insisted. "It was probably just a noggle" Auster offered. "Just a..." she trailed off. She could see something now, something big. "[i]Run[/i]" she said. "What?" "[i]Run away![/i]" Seraphina screamed. The coatl turned tail and fled. "Come on, Aer!" The larger ridgeback grabbed her friend and tried to drag her off toward the exit. "But my [i]chaaaarrrge![/i]" she protested. "My-" she saw the giant shape, and stopped resisting. The three dragons didn't stop running until they'd escaped the ruins. "What was that about?" Viper asked, peeking out from behind the colossal statue. "I'm not sure" Finch said. "They were screaming too much for me to make it out". The two mulled over it for a bit, before deciding it didn't matter. "Come on, the Shifting Expanse can't be that far away". [Well, that turned out sillier than I planned]
Day 8: Escape
Word count: 522

5073049_350.png

"Auster, maybe we should turn back..." Seraphina whispered. Something about the hewn city was deeply unnerving. Maybe it was the unnatural shade hanging over the place. Auster was more unnerved by the silence. The three of them seemed to be the only living things around. There was no birdsong, no skittering of mice, nothing.
Still, she couldn't escape the feeling that they were being watched.

"What do you think Aer?" Auster asked the armored guardian. "Wanna keep going?"

Part of her was disappointed when Aer said "Just a little further. We're almost there. I can feel it in my bones".

"Okay then, onward!" Auster said with a confidence she did not possess. The three dragons walked on in silence. That morning, Aer had suddenly told her friends that she could sense her charge in the Sunbeam Ruins. Seraphina had tagged along out of a desire to see her homeland, and was less than pleased when the Search led them to the hewn city. As for Auster? She was just hoping to find something valuable, preferably small enough to slip into a pocket. Maybe an ancient relic, or a shiny piece of jewelry.

"So, Aer" Auster said. The silence was killing her. "How will you know when you find your charge?"

"Hmm" Aer rumbled. "I don't know. According to Viola, I'll just know when I see it".

"What do you think it'll be?" Auster was hoping it was something thy could easily carry back home. She glanced over her shoulder. The feeling of being watched kept getting stronger by the minute.

"Perhaps a statue? I just don't know".

"Guys..." Sera whimpered. "Can we please leave now?"

"Aer?"

"Not too much further" the guardian reassured them.

"That's what you said the last time we asked you!" Sera was clearly uncomfortable. "It's so dark".

Auster felt stupid. Right, Seraphina was afraid of the dark. How could she forget?"

"Aer, I'm with Sera" she said. "This place gives me the creeps".

"What's gotten into you two?" Aer dug her claws into the ground. "I'm not leaving, not until I've found my-"

"I just saw something move!" Sera shrieked. She pointed a shaky claw. "There!"

The other two squinted through the darkness. "I don't see anything" Aer insisted.

"It was probably just a noggle" Auster offered. "Just a..." she trailed off. She could see something now, something big. "Run" she said.

"What?"

"Run away!" Seraphina screamed. The coatl turned tail and fled.

"Come on, Aer!" The larger ridgeback grabbed her friend and tried to drag her off toward the exit.

"But my chaaaarrrge!" she protested. "My-" she saw the giant shape, and stopped resisting.

The three dragons didn't stop running until they'd escaped the ruins.

"What was that about?" Viper asked, peeking out from behind the colossal statue.

"I'm not sure" Finch said. "They were screaming too much for me to make it out".

The two mulled over it for a bit, before deciding it didn't matter. "Come on, the Shifting Expanse can't be that far away".

[Well, that turned out sillier than I planned]
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/8a8e/f/2018/295/c/d/h1_by_cas_a_fras-dcq466z.png[/img] [b]December 9th: Tranquil[/b][/center] I'm going to be honest, with my final exam and everything yesterday I didn't have the time to read through everyone's wonderful entries, but do not worry! I will be sure to read through them today, I don't want to miss a single moment of your creativity! I always enjoy seeing what y'all write! It's one of the things I look forward to every day! I also expect the winners for the past few days will be drawn soon! Today's Prize: [quote=December 9 - tranquil][item=Ancient Golem Chest][item=Creeping Tendril][item=Ragesquid]x99[item=Golden Pepper]x99 [item=Stomper Haunch]x99[item=Polar Wooly]x99[item=Enamor][item=Meditate][/quote] @CleverDual @Petall @GreatLordHades @Cheryy @MysticalScribe @Rhosen @Pantali @St0rmy @Kitanya @remnio @TigerFestival @dillykai @lessthan3 @LadyFairchild @Harana @Nettletea @Knickknacks @MarinaQuakenbush @Rhosen @Braixen @Zafer @HauntedWhale @RidleeKi @Talismarr @FantasyMyth @humanityxpeople @Biuret @Blightwyrm @Alstroemeria @inn @mukuroikusabas
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dcq466z.png

December 9th: Tranquil

I'm going to be honest, with my final exam and everything yesterday I didn't have the time to read through everyone's wonderful entries, but do not worry! I will be sure to read through them today, I don't want to miss a single moment of your creativity! I always enjoy seeing what y'all write! It's one of the things I look forward to every day!

I also expect the winners for the past few days will be drawn soon!

Today's Prize:
December 9 - tranquil wrote:
Ancient Golem Chest Creeping Tendril Ragesquid x99 Golden Pepper x99
Stomper Haunch x99 Polar Wooly x99 Enamor Meditate

@CleverDual @Petall @GreatLordHades @Cheryy @MysticalScribe @Rhosen @Pantali @St0rmy @Kitanya @remnio @TigerFestival @dillykai @lessthan3 @LadyFairchild @Harana @Nettletea @Knickknacks @MarinaQuakenbush @Rhosen @Braixen @Zafer @HauntedWhale @RidleeKi @Talismarr @FantasyMyth @humanityxpeople @Biuret @Blightwyrm @Alstroemeria @inn @mukuroikusabas
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][b][size=5]Tranquil[/b][/center] Sorry for the shortness... Word count: 211 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44317098] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/443171/44317098_350.png[/img] [/url]         The library was tranquil, Gwnyth decided. The peaceful atmosphere, the rows upon rows of dusty tomes, the smell of parchment engrained into the air, the happy face of a customer when they. find the exact book they were looking for. She loved all of it. Of course, some of the more superstitious dragons never came around, saying how the old librarian was found dead of decipherable means, and that Gwnyth would be next. (They were both pearlcatchers, she was next in the pattern) She always scoffed and shook her head at that. (Never to their face of course-that be rude-instead she just politely nodded) While yes, magic does exist, and it probably could be used to kill someone, the other librarian most likely just died of a heart attack or something. So yes, Gwnyth would stay in her nice,[i]peaceful[/i], library with her nice, [i]safe[/i], books. And if occasionally, she would close up early and go to the bar where Michael worked for the rest of the night because she felt like someone was watching her, or that some of the books where not there when she looked earlier....well, that was her business only, right? Because there was no way, her lovely, tranquil library was haunted....was there?
Tranquil

Sorry for the shortness...

Word count: 211

44317098_350.png

The library was tranquil, Gwnyth decided. The peaceful atmosphere, the rows upon rows of dusty tomes, the smell of parchment engrained into the air, the happy face of a customer when they. find the exact book they were looking for. She loved all of it. Of course, some of the more superstitious dragons never came around, saying how the old librarian was found dead of decipherable means, and that Gwnyth would be next. (They were both pearlcatchers, she was next in the pattern) She always scoffed and shook her head at that. (Never to their face of course-that be rude-instead she just politely nodded) While yes, magic does exist, and it probably could be used to kill someone, the other librarian most likely just died of a heart attack or something. So yes, Gwnyth would stay in her nice,peaceful, library with her nice, safe, books. And if occasionally, she would close up early and go to the bar where Michael worked for the rest of the night because she felt like someone was watching her, or that some of the books where not there when she looked earlier....well, that was her business only, right? Because there was no way, her lovely, tranquil library was haunted....was there?
Full lair cleanout! -=- Wishlist
9: Tranquil;
IE. Keep Breathing

Word Count: 317
(A bit of a shorty compared to the last one, eh?)

You can find this and the other ones here, in a Google Doc; in case that may be easier to read at least. If you want to comment or anything, go ahead!

All that may be seen in all directions, extending far to the horizons beyond, is a smooth shean of moonlit sea and the one dragon at the center. Far above and far below shimmer countless stars and the grand moon in all its radiance. Distant whispers and faint voices bob too and fro upon the serene surface of the water. This is a place of reflection.

Lying upon the water’s surface, a dragon; a coatl of shadows with a coat of feathers to match. Eyes closed and silent, the Coatl meditates. The only sign of movement is the sparse breath that expands the dragon’s chest. And so it may remain for as long as the dragon may desire. “Silbern?” a small, feminine voice asks, “Siilllbeerrn?” It asks again, louder this time when the dragon did not react

Opening their eyes slowly, the dragon responds to their name leisurely. The sky and sea reflect faintly upon his eyes as Silbern looks about. “Yes?” The dragon responds calmly, a series of echoes reflecting back from the water. When no call returns, Silbern closes their eyes once more.

Soon, all was quiet once more, but the silence was quickly dissolved yet again, “Wake up,” the voice murmured. Silbern did not respond. “Wake up,” the voice calls once more, louder, but still soft. Silbern does not wish to be interrupted, however. “Silbern,” the voice now stern, “Wake up!” it orders.

Silbern gasps as he reawakens upon his meditation carpet, urns and burned out incense around him. Light headed, Silbern ventilates roughly as he catches his lost breath. Requiring his composure Silbern glances about his now dimly lit room and speaks, “Thank you my friend,” though the spirit could not hear Silbern here.

Silbern wraps his head in his forepaws. Silbern will need to be wary now, for there might not be anyone to awaken him the next time he stops breathing.

Author's Note:

Though much shorter, I feel like it fits better than the entire arc that I made for Godbrand and Achaius. That was convoluted, but this is meant to be more simple. Silbern is a dreamer, so he extends his mind beyond his body during meditation or dreaming, as well as being able to lucidly effect his dreams more easily. This allows him to communicate with others on a different level while dreaming, so he can perceive and talk to spirits, view the dreams of others, or even explore the environment around his physical body. Within his mind palace, known to him as the Moonsea, he is essentially a god. That sort of power comes with a cost on his body, however, like ceasing to breath.
9: Tranquil;
IE. Keep Breathing

Word Count: 317
(A bit of a shorty compared to the last one, eh?)

You can find this and the other ones here, in a Google Doc; in case that may be easier to read at least. If you want to comment or anything, go ahead!

All that may be seen in all directions, extending far to the horizons beyond, is a smooth shean of moonlit sea and the one dragon at the center. Far above and far below shimmer countless stars and the grand moon in all its radiance. Distant whispers and faint voices bob too and fro upon the serene surface of the water. This is a place of reflection.

Lying upon the water’s surface, a dragon; a coatl of shadows with a coat of feathers to match. Eyes closed and silent, the Coatl meditates. The only sign of movement is the sparse breath that expands the dragon’s chest. And so it may remain for as long as the dragon may desire. “Silbern?” a small, feminine voice asks, “Siilllbeerrn?” It asks again, louder this time when the dragon did not react

Opening their eyes slowly, the dragon responds to their name leisurely. The sky and sea reflect faintly upon his eyes as Silbern looks about. “Yes?” The dragon responds calmly, a series of echoes reflecting back from the water. When no call returns, Silbern closes their eyes once more.

Soon, all was quiet once more, but the silence was quickly dissolved yet again, “Wake up,” the voice murmured. Silbern did not respond. “Wake up,” the voice calls once more, louder, but still soft. Silbern does not wish to be interrupted, however. “Silbern,” the voice now stern, “Wake up!” it orders.

Silbern gasps as he reawakens upon his meditation carpet, urns and burned out incense around him. Light headed, Silbern ventilates roughly as he catches his lost breath. Requiring his composure Silbern glances about his now dimly lit room and speaks, “Thank you my friend,” though the spirit could not hear Silbern here.

Silbern wraps his head in his forepaws. Silbern will need to be wary now, for there might not be anyone to awaken him the next time he stops breathing.

Author's Note:

Though much shorter, I feel like it fits better than the entire arc that I made for Godbrand and Achaius. That was convoluted, but this is meant to be more simple. Silbern is a dreamer, so he extends his mind beyond his body during meditation or dreaming, as well as being able to lucidly effect his dreams more easily. This allows him to communicate with others on a different level while dreaming, so he can perceive and talk to spirits, view the dreams of others, or even explore the environment around his physical body. Within his mind palace, known to him as the Moonsea, he is essentially a god. That sort of power comes with a cost on his body, however, like ceasing to breath.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Day 9: Tranquil Word count: 351. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3879015] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38791/3879015_350.png[/img] [/url] Chai loved his clanmates, but sometimes they were too noisy. "Grr...you're cheating again, aren't you? There's no other explanation!" "I'm not cheating! You just suck at cards". "Mo-om, big bro took my ro-ock!" "Did [i]not![/i]" "I swear to the eleven, I am [i]not[/i] cheating! Give it a rest Li-" There was a loud thumping sound as a table was knocked over. "Fight! Fight! Fight!" dragons started chanting. "Ten treasure on the spiral!" "Three gems on the skydancer!" Chai shook his head. Yes, his clanmates were far too rowdy. He watched as his mate Teaflower stepped in and broke up the fight. Insincere apologies were spoken, and that was that. The crowd of onlookers gradually dispersed. "Tea?" he spoke to his mate. "I'm heading out, do you want to go with me?" "Sorry sweetie" she apologized "but I'm a bit busy". She leaned forward and pecked him on the forehead. "Go own without me". "Okay then". Chai put his mask on, and flung himself into the air. He had a feeling Teaflower was lying about her workload. The skydancer could probably sense that he wanted to make this trip by himself. Back when his clan still lived in the Windswept Plateau, he'd found a small cave hidden behind a waterfall. Inside the cave was a statue of the Windsinger, carved from green jade. Small offerings -pinwheels, runestones, semiprecious gems- were laid in front of the statue. Whenever he needed to get away from his clanmates, or if he was feeling particularly pious, Chai would make the journey across the Sea of a Thousand Currents back to his homeland, and the little shrine. As always, when he returned to the shrine there were no other dragons present. Someone had been there before him, as evidenced by the silver pocketwatch and porcelain cup they'd left behind, but Chai had never actually [i]met[/i] anyone leaving offerings. His offering this time was a pot of tea, which he poured into the cup. He sat in front of the shrine, and listened to the sound of the waterfall and the wind. Peace and quiet at last. [This one ended up being kinda short].
Day 9: Tranquil
Word count: 351.

3879015_350.png

Chai loved his clanmates, but sometimes they were too noisy.

"Grr...you're cheating again, aren't you? There's no other explanation!"

"I'm not cheating! You just suck at cards".

"Mo-om, big bro took my ro-ock!"

"Did not!"

"I swear to the eleven, I am not cheating! Give it a rest Li-"

There was a loud thumping sound as a table was knocked over. "Fight! Fight! Fight!" dragons started chanting.

"Ten treasure on the spiral!"

"Three gems on the skydancer!"

Chai shook his head. Yes, his clanmates were far too rowdy. He watched as his mate Teaflower stepped in and broke up the fight. Insincere apologies were spoken, and that was that. The crowd of onlookers gradually dispersed.

"Tea?" he spoke to his mate. "I'm heading out, do you want to go with me?"

"Sorry sweetie" she apologized "but I'm a bit busy". She leaned forward and pecked him on the forehead. "Go own without me".

"Okay then". Chai put his mask on, and flung himself into the air. He had a feeling Teaflower was lying about her workload. The skydancer could probably sense that he wanted to make this trip by himself.

Back when his clan still lived in the Windswept Plateau, he'd found a small cave hidden behind a waterfall. Inside the cave was a statue of the Windsinger, carved from green jade. Small offerings -pinwheels, runestones, semiprecious gems- were laid in front of the statue. Whenever he needed to get away from his clanmates, or if he was feeling particularly pious, Chai would make the journey across the Sea of a Thousand Currents back to his homeland, and the little shrine.

As always, when he returned to the shrine there were no other dragons present. Someone had been there before him, as evidenced by the silver pocketwatch and porcelain cup they'd left behind, but Chai had never actually met anyone leaving offerings.

His offering this time was a pot of tea, which he poured into the cup. He sat in front of the shrine, and listened to the sound of the waterfall and the wind.

Peace and quiet at last.

[This one ended up being kinda short].
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[center][i][u][b][size=7]Tranquil[/size][/b][/u][/i][/center] [quote name="Author's Notes"] Day 9! Let's keep this up! This one features one of the dragons in my clan along with a few of my OC's! not long after they join the clan! Trigger warning for mentioned abusive parents! You can read [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2566260/6#post_36563583]the first Author's Notes[/url] for some background on how my clan works! Here we go! [/quote] [i]"Look, guys! It's snowing outside!"[/i] [i]It looks so tranquil, with the snow falling outside! Isn't this lovely?"[/i] Ophy could hear his clanmates from his room, yelling excitedly. He sighed as he looked out the window from his bed. Why did it have to snow now, when he felt so weary and tired? After what happened yesterday, Ophy didn't know what to do with himself. He was hungry, but he didn't want to get up. He couldn't bring himself to do anything at all. [i]"Your birth brought shame among us. You are no longer wanted."[/i] [i]"We have a new son, one who brings us great joy. He is our greatest treasure."[/i] Ophy stared at the wall. [i]Useless. Nothing. Weak.[/i] "Then why did you want me after watching me protect my friends? Am I nothing to you?" A storm was welling up inside him. He felt anger, sadness, loneliness, all at once. The silence in his room was so loud. He suddenly heard a knock at the door. "...Come in." He called, hesitantly. The door opened, and to his surprise, twin Ridgebacks and a Pearlcatcher sauntered into the room, along with a floating Kitsune, which seemed to be carrying a tray of steaming food. "Ophy! Heya buddy." The first Ridgeback took a seat next to Ophy's bed. His beautiful bright wings shone with an outline of the stars. "Mind if we join ya for a sec? You're the only one who hasn't gotten out of bed yet, ya know." The second Ridgeback sat in front of him. His wings also mapped out the stars, though it seemed to be a different shape. "You looked like you could use some company. I brought you breakfast, since you didn't come downstairs earlier." "...The three of you are too kind." Ophy chuckled. He smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. "No, it's fine. Really. We know you're still upset about yesterday, but... we don't want that to bother you. Forgetting about them will take some time. You [i]are[/i] needed, Ophy. You are loved here, and we don't want you to forget that." Zeke grinned at him. His words somehow managed to reach him, even as the clouds of depression shadowed his mind. Ophy's eyes brightened as he gazed at his three concerned friends. "You three... just reminded me how lucky I am to be here with all of you." "We're Caelistians, my friend. Our comrades are our lifeblood; human, dragon, or otherwise. Now here. You haven't eaten since last night." Masa gestured to his Kitsune familiar, Inari. The fox smiled at him as it lifted the tray and placed it in front of Ophy. His eyes widened. "This looks good, Masa! I've...never seen food like this before!" Masa chuckles. "It's food from my country. I tried to recreate it in the best way possible. This - " He gestured to the fried fish - "Is called 'tempura'. Lightly battered and deep-fried fish, shrimp, and plants. Crunchy and delicious to taste. I noticed that you happen to enjoy seafood as well as plants, so I thought this would be perfect for you." [rule] Harana smiled, watching the four dragons from outside of Ophy's door. "He looks a bit better!" Pastel grinned, turning to Harana. "Yup. They seemed to know exactly what was wrong from the moment he walked in the door last night. She wasn't surprised. "How...did they know what to do?" Luna asked her. "Oh, they've had...experience with things like that before. A lot of our comrades are dealing with the same things that Ophy often deals with, so they had to act as our cheer-up team. Ry and Zeke are good at making people laugh, and people often turned to Masa for advice because he was the eldest in our group." Harana grinned as she watched Ophy take a sip of his tea and laugh at one of Ry's jokes. "...When you're ready, you should join us outside. The weather outside is calming." Masa insisted. "...Well... aright. I don't see why not." The Tundra moved the tray aside and got up. "Shoot. We should go. Don't want him to think we were eavesdropping." The Nocturne grabbed the two hatchlings and silently made her way down the stairs, babies in tow. "But we [i]were[/i] eavesdropping." "Shhh! They don't need to know that." Harana whispered as she opened the door. [rule] "Ophy! You're back! Come on, let's play!" The Tundra grinned, his clanmates surrounding him in the snow. Maybe it was because he was a Tundra, or maybe it was his newfound emotions, but he felt right at home now with his friends. [i]"Family doesn't always have to be blood-related, you know. Friends can be family, too."[/i] Ry told him a few minutes earlier. Maybe they were. A tranquil feeling fell over him as he gazed out into the snow front. This was home. And he wouldn't have it any other way. Music Inspo for Today’s Prompt: [url=https://youtu.be/xirk18P889U]Lovely - Billie Eilish ft. Khalid[/url], [url=https://youtu.be/K0yDvd0V9wA]Panic Room - Au/Ra[/url] Featured Dragons: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47159700] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471598/47159700_350.png[/img] [/url] Ophiucus, a dragon I bought not too long ago! He was separated from his family when he was a hatchling and spent his entire life trying to find his family, only to learn that they abandoned him because of how he looked and was replaced. He now lives within the clan and is much happier! This was months later, after his family tried to find him again, and he refused to return. Luckily, the twins and Masato are here to cheer him up.
Tranquil
Author's Notes wrote:
Day 9! Let's keep this up! This one features one of the dragons in my clan along with a few of my OC's! not long after they join the clan! Trigger warning for mentioned abusive parents! You can read the first Author's Notes for some background on how my clan works! Here we go!

"Look, guys! It's snowing outside!"

It looks so tranquil, with the snow falling outside! Isn't this lovely?"

Ophy could hear his clanmates from his room, yelling excitedly. He sighed as he looked out the window from his bed.

Why did it have to snow now, when he felt so weary and tired? After what happened yesterday, Ophy didn't know what to do with himself.

He was hungry, but he didn't want to get up. He couldn't bring himself to do anything at all.

"Your birth brought shame among us. You are no longer wanted."

"We have a new son, one who brings us great joy. He is our greatest treasure."

Ophy stared at the wall.

Useless. Nothing. Weak.

"Then why did you want me after watching me protect my friends? Am I nothing to you?"

A storm was welling up inside him. He felt anger, sadness, loneliness, all at once. The silence in his room was so loud.

He suddenly heard a knock at the door.

"...Come in." He called, hesitantly.

The door opened, and to his surprise, twin Ridgebacks and a Pearlcatcher sauntered into the room, along with a floating Kitsune, which seemed to be carrying a tray of steaming food.

"Ophy! Heya buddy." The first Ridgeback took a seat next to Ophy's bed. His beautiful bright wings shone with an outline of the stars.

"Mind if we join ya for a sec? You're the only one who hasn't gotten out of bed yet, ya know." The second Ridgeback sat in front of him. His wings also mapped out the stars, though it seemed to be a different shape.

"You looked like you could use some company. I brought you breakfast, since you didn't come downstairs earlier."

"...The three of you are too kind." Ophy chuckled. He smiled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"No, it's fine. Really. We know you're still upset about yesterday, but... we don't want that to bother you. Forgetting about them will take some time. You are needed, Ophy. You are loved here, and we don't want you to forget that." Zeke grinned at him.

His words somehow managed to reach him, even as the clouds of depression shadowed his mind. Ophy's eyes brightened as he gazed at his three concerned friends.

"You three... just reminded me how lucky I am to be here with all of you."

"We're Caelistians, my friend. Our comrades are our lifeblood; human, dragon, or otherwise. Now here. You haven't eaten since last night." Masa gestured to his Kitsune familiar, Inari. The fox smiled at him as it lifted the tray and placed it in front of Ophy. His eyes widened.

"This looks good, Masa! I've...never seen food like this before!"

Masa chuckles.

"It's food from my country. I tried to recreate it in the best way possible. This - " He gestured to the fried fish - "Is called 'tempura'. Lightly battered and deep-fried fish, shrimp, and plants. Crunchy and delicious to taste. I noticed that you happen to enjoy seafood as well as plants, so I thought this would be perfect for you."

Harana smiled, watching the four dragons from outside of Ophy's door.

"He looks a bit better!" Pastel grinned, turning to Harana.

"Yup. They seemed to know exactly what was wrong from the moment he walked in the door last night. She wasn't surprised.

"How...did they know what to do?" Luna asked her.

"Oh, they've had...experience with things like that before. A lot of our comrades are dealing with the same things that Ophy often deals with, so they had to act as our cheer-up team. Ry and Zeke are good at making people laugh, and people often turned to Masa for advice because he was the eldest in our group." Harana grinned as she watched Ophy take a sip of his tea and laugh at one of Ry's jokes.

"...When you're ready, you should join us outside. The weather outside is calming." Masa insisted.

"...Well... aright. I don't see why not." The Tundra moved the tray aside and got up.

"Shoot. We should go. Don't want him to think we were eavesdropping." The Nocturne grabbed the two hatchlings and silently made her way down the stairs, babies in tow.

"But we were eavesdropping."

"Shhh! They don't need to know that." Harana whispered as she opened the door.

"Ophy! You're back! Come on, let's play!"

The Tundra grinned, his clanmates surrounding him in the snow. Maybe it was because he was a Tundra, or maybe it was his newfound emotions, but he felt right at home now with his friends.

"Family doesn't always have to be blood-related, you know. Friends can be family, too." Ry told him a few minutes earlier.

Maybe they were.

A tranquil feeling fell over him as he gazed out into the snow front.

This was home. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

Music Inspo for Today’s Prompt: Lovely - Billie Eilish ft. Khalid, Panic Room - Au/Ra

Featured Dragons:

47159700_350.png

Ophiucus, a dragon I bought not too long ago! He was separated from his family when he was a hatchling and spent his entire life trying to find his family, only to learn that they abandoned him because of how he looked and was replaced. He now lives within the clan and is much happier! This was months later, after his family tried to find him again, and he refused to return. Luckily, the twins and Masato are here to cheer him up.
MiowxPk.gif NNGMvB2.pngwwQtqt8.png
~~Tranquil~~

All was quiet, but inside Typhoon's Head was a roar of emotion.

The light of the Star of Stars danced off the sides of the walls of its enclosure. The grass surrounding it’s crater was flattened beneath Typhoon's heavy body. His claws dug into the soft ground, adding to the numerous ridges already there.

It had only been a week since Philipos had disappeared. But it had been a week too long. The Star Brigade, the army of elite soldier formed to protect the city, had been around searching for miles around. No sign of the small blue Mirror had been seen. It was if he had disappeared.

Typhoon ripped out a chunk of grass and shredded it between his claws. His only son. Gone. A dull ache had set into his heart, ever since Chamois had come running up to him, whispering “I can't find him.”

Now, all was quiet. The search parties had ceased, with only a few members of the Star Brigade venturing out to search. All had lost hope of finding their leader's son, the next in the line of succession.

Typhoon close his eyes. All around him was peace and tranquility. But behind his eyes lay a roaring sea of conflict and sorrow.
~~Tranquil~~

All was quiet, but inside Typhoon's Head was a roar of emotion.

The light of the Star of Stars danced off the sides of the walls of its enclosure. The grass surrounding it’s crater was flattened beneath Typhoon's heavy body. His claws dug into the soft ground, adding to the numerous ridges already there.

It had only been a week since Philipos had disappeared. But it had been a week too long. The Star Brigade, the army of elite soldier formed to protect the city, had been around searching for miles around. No sign of the small blue Mirror had been seen. It was if he had disappeared.

Typhoon ripped out a chunk of grass and shredded it between his claws. His only son. Gone. A dull ache had set into his heart, ever since Chamois had come running up to him, whispering “I can't find him.”

Now, all was quiet. The search parties had ceased, with only a few members of the Star Brigade venturing out to search. All had lost hope of finding their leader's son, the next in the line of succession.

Typhoon close his eyes. All around him was peace and tranquility. But behind his eyes lay a roaring sea of conflict and sorrow.
arcanesparkle.gifBasically Redoing my Clan's Lore- for the third time.arcanesparkle.gif
[center][b]Day 9: Tranquil[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23905927] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239060/23905927_350.png[/img] [/url] It was quiet; no one, sentient or not, seemed to dare disturb the spell winter has brought to the Sunbeam Ruins. The snow fell, dusting the alabaster ruins that lay haphazardly throughout the land, their meaning all but having been forgotten in millenia’s wake. Already the stone pathways, smoothed and shiny with time’s touch, were being hidden beneath the soft ice; not buried, but gently covered with a soft veil of powdery snow. It was dark, the Sun having long since set though it was almost impossible to tell with the clouded skies. A rare occurrence; the Sun almost always shone brightly, except for when the Lightweaver deemed a change was due. Emmy watched as the wind gently stirred the snow, allowing it to settle once more. Her breath fogged the glass, and she gave a little shiver at the coldness the glass was giving off. Icy tendrils formed at the corners of the paned window, and she curiously watched as her paw caused the nearest to slowly melt with her warmth, a fading print left behind when she moved it. Glancing back, she watched as her fathers read, sitting side by side, close enough to share a blanket before the gentle warmth the fireplace offered. The Library was quiet, but the spell winter had on the world outside seemed to have worked its magic inside, leaving the inner room feel more inviting than it usually felt. With a last glance to the cool, frozen world, she silently made her way over to them, curling up between the two Tundras, warm and content. [columns][color=transparent]000000000000000000000000[/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24140747] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/241408/24140747.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27681275] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276813/27681275.png[/img] [/url][/columns]
Day 9: Tranquil

23905927_350.png

It was quiet; no one, sentient or not, seemed to dare disturb the spell winter has brought to the Sunbeam Ruins. The snow fell, dusting the alabaster ruins that lay haphazardly throughout the land, their meaning all but having been forgotten in millenia’s wake. Already the stone pathways, smoothed and shiny with time’s touch, were being hidden beneath the soft ice; not buried, but gently covered with a soft veil of powdery snow.

It was dark, the Sun having long since set though it was almost impossible to tell with the clouded skies. A rare occurrence; the Sun almost always shone brightly, except for when the Lightweaver deemed a change was due.

Emmy watched as the wind gently stirred the snow, allowing it to settle once more. Her breath fogged the glass, and she gave a little shiver at the coldness the glass was giving off. Icy tendrils formed at the corners of the paned window, and she curiously watched as her paw caused the nearest to slowly melt with her warmth, a fading print left behind when she moved it.

Glancing back, she watched as her fathers read, sitting side by side, close enough to share a blanket before the gentle warmth the fireplace offered. The Library was quiet, but the spell winter had on the world outside seemed to have worked its magic inside, leaving the inner room feel more inviting than it usually felt.

With a last glance to the cool, frozen world, she silently made her way over to them, curling up between the two Tundras, warm and content.
24140747.png

27681275.png
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/45fc/f/2018/295/c/1/h5_by_cas_a_fras-dcq465x.png[/img][/center] Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the delay, things got a little busy and I wasn't able to get on much until now. Anywho, here are the last three day's winners! I should mention that two of these have art (one by me, and one by @RidleeKi ), I will clarify how to complete that when I send your prize! :D Without further ado, here are the winners! December 6 - mask - won by @Talismarr - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2566260/15#post_36644813]link to lore here[/url] December 7 - decided - won by @Harana - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2566260/15#post_36656818]link to lore here[/url] December 8 - escape - won by @Kitanya - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2566260/16#post_36663811]link to lore here[/url] I will be sending the prizes along shortly! :D @CleverDual @Petall @GreatLordHades @Cheryy @MysticalScribe @Rhosen @Pantali @St0rmy @Kitanya @remnio @TigerFestival @dillykai @lessthan3 @LadyFairchild @Harana @Nettletea @Knickknacks @MarinaQuakenbush @Rhosen @Braixen @Zafer @HauntedWhale @RidleeKi @Talismarr @FantasyMyth @humanityxpeople @Biuret @Blightwyrm @Alstroemeria @inn @Zuron @mukuroikusabas
h5_by_cas_a_fras-dcq465x.png

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for the delay, things got a little busy and I wasn't able to get on much until now. Anywho, here are the last three day's winners! I should mention that two of these have art (one by me, and one by @RidleeKi ), I will clarify how to complete that when I send your prize! :D Without further ado, here are the winners!

December 6 - mask - won by @Talismarr - link to lore here
December 7 - decided - won by @Harana - link to lore here
December 8 - escape - won by @Kitanya - link to lore here

I will be sending the prizes along shortly! :D

@CleverDual @Petall @GreatLordHades @Cheryy @MysticalScribe @Rhosen @Pantali @St0rmy @Kitanya @remnio @TigerFestival @dillykai @lessthan3 @LadyFairchild @Harana @Nettletea @Knickknacks @MarinaQuakenbush @Rhosen @Braixen @Zafer @HauntedWhale @RidleeKi @Talismarr @FantasyMyth @humanityxpeople @Biuret @Blightwyrm @Alstroemeria @inn @Zuron @mukuroikusabas
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31 32