Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 25 Days of Lore - LATECOMERS WELCOME
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
@LadyFairchild

Thank you for your feedback! I understand where you are coming from, but CleverDual and I already spokeon the topic of judging, and from the start the point of the prizes isn't to determine who's writing is the best. This event isn't a contest, it's just a fun way to get people writing. The prizes are more a fun holiday spin on things to encourage participation, but CleverDual and I felt it would change the spirit of the event to make it more competitive. We link to the lore with the prizes just as another way to feature the work the winner did! We didn't want to feel like this event is exclusive if people are joining to improve their writing, as one of the reasons we created it was a way to encourage us to expand and explore our own clan lore! I did take the time to read every submission when they were posted, though I didn't have time to comment, so I see and appreciate the effort you all put into your writing. Perhaps commenting is something I'll have to encourage more next time, both for myself and the participants so people can get more feedback on their work! I hope you understand, I do appreciate your feedback and I understand if this changes your participation in the event this winter.

@MarinaQuakenbush

Thanks for your feedback! I meant to comment on it but it's been a very busy month! Yes, we will definitely explain the rules and mechanics better at the start this winter! We were still figuring this out and we've definitely solidified things more and will be starting out with clearer expectations, I agree that it's an important part of running this event in a smoother manner next time! And I agree with what you're saying about the judging, the purpose of this event is not to make it a contest but instead to encourage people to come together and write and share their creativity! The gifts are just a holiday bonus! Thanks again for your feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed the event! I can't wait to see what you write this holiday season!
@LadyFairchild

Thank you for your feedback! I understand where you are coming from, but CleverDual and I already spokeon the topic of judging, and from the start the point of the prizes isn't to determine who's writing is the best. This event isn't a contest, it's just a fun way to get people writing. The prizes are more a fun holiday spin on things to encourage participation, but CleverDual and I felt it would change the spirit of the event to make it more competitive. We link to the lore with the prizes just as another way to feature the work the winner did! We didn't want to feel like this event is exclusive if people are joining to improve their writing, as one of the reasons we created it was a way to encourage us to expand and explore our own clan lore! I did take the time to read every submission when they were posted, though I didn't have time to comment, so I see and appreciate the effort you all put into your writing. Perhaps commenting is something I'll have to encourage more next time, both for myself and the participants so people can get more feedback on their work! I hope you understand, I do appreciate your feedback and I understand if this changes your participation in the event this winter.

@MarinaQuakenbush

Thanks for your feedback! I meant to comment on it but it's been a very busy month! Yes, we will definitely explain the rules and mechanics better at the start this winter! We were still figuring this out and we've definitely solidified things more and will be starting out with clearer expectations, I agree that it's an important part of running this event in a smoother manner next time! And I agree with what you're saying about the judging, the purpose of this event is not to make it a contest but instead to encourage people to come together and write and share their creativity! The gifts are just a holiday bonus! Thanks again for your feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed the event! I can't wait to see what you write this holiday season!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32