Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 10 Words
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
Why am I making this, idk. It might not even be very successful- I don't even know what this thread's title is about

Alright, inspired by @TidalMoonrise's thread, Write Away, and also inspired by @lessthan3, who said I should make my own thread?? heck, what am I doing...

Basically, I was considering the idea where each prompt is a specific story chosen by the prompt creator and in your reply for that story, you have to include ten words that the prompt creator had chosen. It's somewhat of a competition thing I guess, and if you don't include all ten words, your entry cannot win (but no ten words or not, the prompt creator should give you your input!)

@Chrisondra @TidalMoonrise @Mypilot @PixieKnight3264 @Karika @SamIamLuvDov @Lightshadow101 @humanityxpeople @coyearth @Avanari @demonslayr62 @ladylilitu @acorn781 @Endernil @Arithelia @Sillywinter @inthestars @Annalynn @meddlesomedragon @SocialBookWorm @SolusPrime379 @Zodiac753 @Kattata @Reiyn @Skyeset

I'm sorry to ping you, but I guess this needs to get started somehow?? And you guys are the ping list for Write Away, so I guess this somewhat works-

Current Prompt

Prompt: Where do you go when you sleep?
Words: Atmosphere, door(way), end, life, path, thoughts, time, sky, walk, wind.
Deadline: Saturday 15 February, 23:59

(You can use either door or doorway.)

Self-editing Ping List;

Here
Why am I making this, idk. It might not even be very successful- I don't even know what this thread's title is about

Alright, inspired by @TidalMoonrise's thread, Write Away, and also inspired by @lessthan3, who said I should make my own thread?? heck, what am I doing...

Basically, I was considering the idea where each prompt is a specific story chosen by the prompt creator and in your reply for that story, you have to include ten words that the prompt creator had chosen. It's somewhat of a competition thing I guess, and if you don't include all ten words, your entry cannot win (but no ten words or not, the prompt creator should give you your input!)

@Chrisondra @TidalMoonrise @Mypilot @PixieKnight3264 @Karika @SamIamLuvDov @Lightshadow101 @humanityxpeople @coyearth @Avanari @demonslayr62 @ladylilitu @acorn781 @Endernil @Arithelia @Sillywinter @inthestars @Annalynn @meddlesomedragon @SocialBookWorm @SolusPrime379 @Zodiac753 @Kattata @Reiyn @Skyeset

I'm sorry to ping you, but I guess this needs to get started somehow?? And you guys are the ping list for Write Away, so I guess this somewhat works-

Current Prompt

Prompt: Where do you go when you sleep?
Words: Atmosphere, door(way), end, life, path, thoughts, time, sky, walk, wind.
Deadline: Saturday 15 February, 23:59

(You can use either door or doorway.)

Self-editing Ping List;

Here
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter Hm, this seems interesting! I don't really think I would be able to do this now, but please do keep me on the ping list!
@Sillywinter Hm, this seems interesting! I don't really think I would be able to do this now, but please do keep me on the ping list!
She/Her - Straight but not Narrow- Melanie Martinez Fan - +1 hour FR time - Feel free to click my links below! \/
SH1SQ3B.pngti8KfRS.png GOc109J.pngdl3RiWP.pnguntitled_by_samiamluvdov-dbpv3i7.gif
@Sillywinter

I'm bad at stuff like this, but I'll definitely give it a try!
@Sillywinter

I'm bad at stuff like this, but I'll definitely give it a try!
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
@SamIamLuvDov

Awesome!

@Lightshadow101

I'm not too great with things like this either, thanks for giving it a try!
@SamIamLuvDov

Awesome!

@Lightshadow101

I'm not too great with things like this either, thanks for giving it a try!
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter

I may wait until a prompt that speaks to me more to post though, sorry!
@Sillywinter

I may wait until a prompt that speaks to me more to post though, sorry!
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
@Sillywinter For the words, do we have to use them as they're listed in the list?

For example, could I use exhausted instead of exhaustion and would it still count?
@Sillywinter For the words, do we have to use them as they're listed in the list?

For example, could I use exhausted instead of exhaustion and would it still count?
dlJsEIj.png
@humanityxpeople

I would say yes, just make sure you say that you've used a different 'version' of the word.
@humanityxpeople

I would say yes, just make sure you say that you've used a different 'version' of the word.
rPflwkH.png
@Sillywinter For several of the words, I used different tenses or versions, but they are all there. This was a fun challenge!

~~

While her family slept, Cecelia stepped out of the house while the stars were scattered throughout the night sky. She liked to look at the untouched snow before her family awoke and walked around in it.

There was something so peaceful about the silence and the cold early morning air. She breathed out and watched her breath disappear into the dark, then she noticed the holes in the snow near the trees.

Two hours until the sun would come up. It was too early to tell anyone where she was going, so she didn't. She stepped toward the holes, curious if they were foot prints or animal prints.

As she stepped closer, she recognized them as animal prints, but she didn't know what type of animal, though they looked to be dog prints. Oh, no! Someone's dog was out in the freezing night, she thought. They led further into the woods.

She looked behind her. Her home was dark and still. No one would notice if she left, right? Besides, she could follow her footprints back to the house. Cecelia pulled a flashlight out of her coat pocket, fipped on the switch, and began to follow the prints deeper into the woods.

Cold air nipped at her bare face and she pulled her scarf up to cover and keep warm.

None of this was familiar to her. Her home wasn't a short walk away. Every noise, big or small, made her heart race and the adrenaline set into her system.

A bear, maybe, except bears hybernate during the winter.

Or worse, a human out to kill unsuspecting victims in the woods. More realistic, she realized. There were plenty of houses with these woods in their backyard. That's what every shape she thought she saw was.

Just her imagination. Cecelia had barely slept last night, too excited about the snow, and now exhaustion was settling into her body. But she continued to walk through the woods because she was on a mission.

A dog-like creature jumped in her path. She screamed and fell back into the snow. This dog was huge with black fur.

This was worse. This was way worse than her imagination could come up with. A hellhound. She was going to die a gruesome death and no one would know. Her soul would be taken to Hell, which she likely deserved, but she didn't want to go this way.

Upon further inspection, after grabbing the flashlight, she realized that this was a wolf, not a dog, and it stared at her with yellow eyes. It didn't move, but she could tell it was breathing by subtle movements of the fur.

It walked over to her, and she was not afraid. She reached out and touched the silky smooth fur, and she petted it like it was a dog. Wolves were basically feral dogs, after all. She was sure if the wolf wanted to attack her, it would.

When she got up from the snow, the wolf beckoned for her to follow it. Cecelia was already so far away from home, and the sky was beginning to brighten. Soon, her family would awaken and notice her absense.

They might worry.

She didn't want them to worry.

She longed for an adventure. Deeper into the woods. Snow crunched beneath her feet while the wolf never made a sound. It looked back at her a few times to make sure she still followed to wherever it was leading her.

She trusted it which was naive of her.

She noticed the light first. A warm light through the trees. They reached a clearing with a fire going and a tent.

Someone stepped out of the tent. A male who was taller than her and looked older than her by a few years. His coat was bloodstained and had a big hole, and that made her feel uneasy.

He gave his wolf, she assumed his wolf, an annoyed look, and he grumbled and sighed when the wolf just laid by the fire.

"Someone needs to attend to your wounds," the wolf spoke in a masculine tone. "I can't do it in this form."

She gasped quietly. It can talk! Animals don't do that. What kind of witchcraft was this?

"I'm fine," he said as he held his arm.

And this was normal for them! "Are you a witch?" she asked them both, since she wasn't sure who to address.

The man's eyes widened at the accusation and he crossed his arms over his chest while shaking his head. "Nope. He was cursed by one, though." He gestured to the wolf.

"Oh, my goodness." She sorrowfully looked at the wolf. How awful that must be! Though that would get her out of high school classes if she was turned into a wolf. "How can I help?"

"Kill him, then I don't have to deal with him anymore."

She narrowed her eyes at him, and he laughed.

The wolf's ears flattened and he tensed up, glaring at his friend. "Eat me."

They both shared a look and smiled, or the wolf sort of smiled. Cecelia couldn't really tell.

"I can't help you right now. My family will be up soon and I don't want to worry them. They like to coddle me. I'm the youngest," she said. "I'll come back later if you'll still be here. I need to grab supplies."

"I'll find you at sunset," the wolf replied.

She nodded and followed the prints back to the house. Her mind whirled with thoughts of all the things she had seen. A friendly, talking wolf was friends a guy who got injured somehow. There was a curse involved. Of couse she had to help these strangers, they needed it. Not that she knew a single thing about curses, but she did know a thing or two about mending physical wounds.

Quiet as mouse, she went inside and tiptoed to her room to act like she was asleep until the sun was in the sky and she could say she woke up to the sunlight.
@Sillywinter For several of the words, I used different tenses or versions, but they are all there. This was a fun challenge!

~~

While her family slept, Cecelia stepped out of the house while the stars were scattered throughout the night sky. She liked to look at the untouched snow before her family awoke and walked around in it.

There was something so peaceful about the silence and the cold early morning air. She breathed out and watched her breath disappear into the dark, then she noticed the holes in the snow near the trees.

Two hours until the sun would come up. It was too early to tell anyone where she was going, so she didn't. She stepped toward the holes, curious if they were foot prints or animal prints.

As she stepped closer, she recognized them as animal prints, but she didn't know what type of animal, though they looked to be dog prints. Oh, no! Someone's dog was out in the freezing night, she thought. They led further into the woods.

She looked behind her. Her home was dark and still. No one would notice if she left, right? Besides, she could follow her footprints back to the house. Cecelia pulled a flashlight out of her coat pocket, fipped on the switch, and began to follow the prints deeper into the woods.

Cold air nipped at her bare face and she pulled her scarf up to cover and keep warm.

None of this was familiar to her. Her home wasn't a short walk away. Every noise, big or small, made her heart race and the adrenaline set into her system.

A bear, maybe, except bears hybernate during the winter.

Or worse, a human out to kill unsuspecting victims in the woods. More realistic, she realized. There were plenty of houses with these woods in their backyard. That's what every shape she thought she saw was.

Just her imagination. Cecelia had barely slept last night, too excited about the snow, and now exhaustion was settling into her body. But she continued to walk through the woods because she was on a mission.

A dog-like creature jumped in her path. She screamed and fell back into the snow. This dog was huge with black fur.

This was worse. This was way worse than her imagination could come up with. A hellhound. She was going to die a gruesome death and no one would know. Her soul would be taken to Hell, which she likely deserved, but she didn't want to go this way.

Upon further inspection, after grabbing the flashlight, she realized that this was a wolf, not a dog, and it stared at her with yellow eyes. It didn't move, but she could tell it was breathing by subtle movements of the fur.

It walked over to her, and she was not afraid. She reached out and touched the silky smooth fur, and she petted it like it was a dog. Wolves were basically feral dogs, after all. She was sure if the wolf wanted to attack her, it would.

When she got up from the snow, the wolf beckoned for her to follow it. Cecelia was already so far away from home, and the sky was beginning to brighten. Soon, her family would awaken and notice her absense.

They might worry.

She didn't want them to worry.

She longed for an adventure. Deeper into the woods. Snow crunched beneath her feet while the wolf never made a sound. It looked back at her a few times to make sure she still followed to wherever it was leading her.

She trusted it which was naive of her.

She noticed the light first. A warm light through the trees. They reached a clearing with a fire going and a tent.

Someone stepped out of the tent. A male who was taller than her and looked older than her by a few years. His coat was bloodstained and had a big hole, and that made her feel uneasy.

He gave his wolf, she assumed his wolf, an annoyed look, and he grumbled and sighed when the wolf just laid by the fire.

"Someone needs to attend to your wounds," the wolf spoke in a masculine tone. "I can't do it in this form."

She gasped quietly. It can talk! Animals don't do that. What kind of witchcraft was this?

"I'm fine," he said as he held his arm.

And this was normal for them! "Are you a witch?" she asked them both, since she wasn't sure who to address.

The man's eyes widened at the accusation and he crossed his arms over his chest while shaking his head. "Nope. He was cursed by one, though." He gestured to the wolf.

"Oh, my goodness." She sorrowfully looked at the wolf. How awful that must be! Though that would get her out of high school classes if she was turned into a wolf. "How can I help?"

"Kill him, then I don't have to deal with him anymore."

She narrowed her eyes at him, and he laughed.

The wolf's ears flattened and he tensed up, glaring at his friend. "Eat me."

They both shared a look and smiled, or the wolf sort of smiled. Cecelia couldn't really tell.

"I can't help you right now. My family will be up soon and I don't want to worry them. They like to coddle me. I'm the youngest," she said. "I'll come back later if you'll still be here. I need to grab supplies."

"I'll find you at sunset," the wolf replied.

She nodded and followed the prints back to the house. Her mind whirled with thoughts of all the things she had seen. A friendly, talking wolf was friends a guy who got injured somehow. There was a curse involved. Of couse she had to help these strangers, they needed it. Not that she knew a single thing about curses, but she did know a thing or two about mending physical wounds.

Quiet as mouse, she went inside and tiptoed to her room to act like she was asleep until the sun was in the sky and she could say she woke up to the sunlight.
dlJsEIj.png
@Sillywinter

Brilliant idea! I'll enter if I can (which means if my mood fits the prompt lol) but if not then I assure you that I'll enter during the next prompt! Keep me on the pinglist, yeah?
@Sillywinter

Brilliant idea! I'll enter if I can (which means if my mood fits the prompt lol) but if not then I assure you that I'll enter during the next prompt! Keep me on the pinglist, yeah?
PpBM5cS.png
@Sillywinter
I LOVE this!! I'm always up for a challenge. Will edit this post later with my entry :3
EDIT:
(my entry)
Oh! So I think I use the word dam (not the thing that keeps in water) so if ya don't like words like at than sorry. It just happens to be part of my natural vocabulary...Ah, and there is death involved in this so advisory warning to that too. That's all :) Enjoy:

Lily had assumed the walk would be quick. Lily had assumed wrong. Two hours ago, a tall, handsome Dark Knight guy had rushed out of nowhere and saved her from her now ex-boyfriend Tom. Tom had pretended to be a good guy while actually being self centered and a jerk. Tall, dark, and heroic here had been rude about the rescue, acting like it had been such an inconvenience for him but turned out to have a pretty good sense of morals as he hadn't left her in the middle of that dirt path to fend for herself. Instead, he had become her crutch and offered to take her to where him and his friends were camped out. Sketchy offer to say the least, as there were no camping grounds in the area, but anything was better than waiting on Tom to come back for her.

Why did she need a human crutch? Simple. Tom had been driving his pickup and Lily had been in the passenger seat. They had gotten into a pretty bad argument which led to Lily threatening to jump out of the moving vehicle. Tom called her on what he believed to be a bluff. Turned out to not be one. Lily had injured her ankle on the landing. It felt like someone had crushed it with a two ton rock and all she wanted to do was scream out in pain. It was when Tom had yanked her up from the ground and forced her to walk on both feet back to the truck that her savior came to her rescue.

Now they were here. Where is here? In the middle of the woods. Her family was probably worried sick about her. There was no cell reception where the two were so she had no way of calling them. But Gavin, her human crutch, had promised that were he and his friends were, was a car where one of them could drive her home. She hoped they all weren't as "charming" as he was. He had been grumbling the entire two hours about how he should there by now, helping them with that. Whoever them, wherever there, and whatever that was, he made sure not to let anything slip out.

Her wound, as Gavin had called it earlier which again was weird as no one actually used the word 'wound', still hurt something fierce. Exhaustion had settled in as the frigid night February air crept under her skin. Her frosted breath became clearer and clearer with each passing minute. Gavin must have felt her shivering as he stopped a moment and handed her his jacket. Normally she would have refused but it was too damn cold for that.

"How is the cold not bothering you?" Lily got bored of the silence.

"I grew up in Minnesota," Gavin answered without looking at her.

Ah, yeah. This is probably summer to him, Lily figured. Living in Arizona, anything below 82 degrees Fahrenheit was a bit on the chilly side to her. She looked up to see if she could make out any stars as she did know a little bit about survival stuff from a friend of hers. She had figured out which direction her house was from him and he even had told her that should she ever find herself lost at night, to keep the north star to her back and walk straight. Lily wished he was with her now. With the arm not wrapped around Gavin's neck, Lily rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She could sleep when she got home, if she ever did.

She heard Gavin sigh again just before they stopped. "Ten minutes then we keep going." He helped her to the ground then leaned against a tree. To Lily, it looked as though he was on edge, like he expected something to come at them. A few times on their way here he had stopped and listened. That certainly didn't help Lily's nerves at all as each time she thought something was going to come out of the darkness and kill them. So when Gavin suddenly took a step forward and...did he growl?--though it was definitely a human noise, it sounded like he did that on a regular basis--Lily's heart started to beat a little harder.

"What?" Lily's eyes dashed around everywhere. She tried to make herself feel small because unlike before, she felt a prickling on her neck. Something was finally coming.

"Don't move. Don't do anything." Gavin then disappeared. Lily tried to stop him, but the moment she moved without his aid, the pain her ankle swelled up and burst like a bubble. She gripped it in frustration. As shady and suspicious as Gavin had been, he was still better than being on her own in the middle of the woods at night.

A minute passed. Then another, and another. Each one felt like an eternity. Fear coursed through Lily's veins coupled with...was that sorrow? She felt sad because Gavin had left her side. Now that had to be the strangest part of the night. The momentary thought had distracted her.

"What're you doing all the way out 'ere little missy?" A surly voice asked. Lily sharply looked up to see a man standing about five feet away from her and seemed to be very pleased to have found her. She pushed herself up against the tree Gavin had just been on.

"I...I was camping with friends and went on a walk because I couldn't sleep. I sprained my ankle on a rock like an idiot," Lily weakly lied. Her voice was shaky and uncertain so it was no wonder the older man could tell she was clearly lying.

"Oh? And why is that that I don't believe ya?" He took a step forward and Lily's heart sped up. She dug her fingernails into the bark of the tree, like doing so would save her for whatever fate the man before her had in store. Where was Gavin?

"I'm, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me..." Lily didn't dare try to hide was frightened she was.

"I know yous is one of them," The man brought something up that she had thought had been a walking stick. It was a gun. A small scream escaped her lips when she realized it.

"Who? Who are you talking about?" Lily was sure she was going to die of fear before the bullet bit into her skin.

"One of them. Those abominations. We done did track you all down. Hard too as ya kept changing, but we did it," the man loaded the rifle with a single bullet, "don't know what ya'll are planning, but it's gonna end, right here. Right now." He took aim and Lily shut her eyes.

That was when she heard it. A howl, then a nasty snarl followed. She heard the gun go off but didn't feel any pain, side from her ankle of course. She dared to peek and saw her would be murderer on the ground with...something on his chest. Another snarl and a quick chomp to the psychopath's throat and it was all over. The heavy mass moved off its fresh kill and settled its eyes on her. Before the moonlight had moved away from them, Lily saw exactly what it was and it made her heart jump into her throat.

It was a wolf. His fur a nightmare black and with the moon hidden behind the dark clouds now, there was no hope distinguishing him from the night air. He took a step forward and this time, Lily let out an actual, bloodcurdling scream. She would have preferred the gun.

"Stop moving you idiot!" Another person emerged from the darkness and whacked the wolf upside the head. "Sorry about him. He tends to forget how incredibly terrifying he is." The girl sighed. She was no older than Lily, probably around sixteen. The moon had broken through clouds and offered just enough light so Lily could once again see. The girl's silky blond honey hair had been put up in a pony tail. She wore a blue and gray letterman's jacket and green shorts.

"You...you...who?" Lily pointed to the girl. Her hands were trembling terribly and she could feel herself hyperventilating.

"Me? My name's Amber. I'm told yours is Lily," Amber walked over and knelt in front of her. Up close, Lily could see that Amber's face glistened with sweat and she was taking low, shallow breaths. She must have sprinted here.

"Who?" Again, Lily could barely make out the word. She had intended to ask who told Amber her name. Looked like Amber understood despite the lack of words.

"Hm? Oh, Gavin did. Our camp isn't too far from here and he managed to get a text to his clone" the wolf barked angrily, at least Lily thought it sounded angry, "okay! He texted his twin that the guys who've been tailing us finally caught up." Amber did her best to remain friendly, something Lily did appreciate. So Gavin's friends weren't all like him. That was good.

"Where," Lily took an unsteady breath as her heart slowed down a nudge. "Where is Gavin?"

"Oh, he, uh, he went to go stop the other guys?" Amber coughed a little when she answered. Lily knew that cough. She was lying. The wolf barked a few times which made Lily nearly jump out of her skin.

"Coddling? How am I coddling her?" Amber looked backed at him. The wolf let out a audible huff. "Wait, you're not serious, are you?" the wolf nodded. "So, Lily, I know this is going to sound strange and really creepy, but I'm going to need you to come with us. Turns out you're the person we've been looking for the past few days." Amber rubbed the back of her neck like she was unsure of this herself. There was only one thing Lily really registered. Amber had talked to the wolf. Legitimately talked to the wolf. She had a conversation with him. Instead of being what Amber probably had expected her to be, terrified out of her goddamn mind and unwilling to have anything to do with them, Lily grabbed Amber by the forearm and pulled her in a little closer. To Amber's surprise, Lily looked a bit hopeful. Like she had been searching for them as well.

"What are you?" Lily asked, praying to whatever god had brought them to her had brought them to give her the one answer she'd been looking for for months now; that she wasn't going crazy.

"By your reaction, the same as you." Amber blinked several times then offered a kind smile. "This makes things a whole lot easier for us." Amber helped Lily to her feet and offered herself the way Gavin had earlier. "Come on, everything will be made clear in about twenty minutes."

WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW THE PROMPT! I was like "How could I not use them for this??" I have characters that fit this to a tee, I just ended up changing their names and fudged a little of the details about their story. Hope you enjoy it!!

Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I bolded the ten words. Wanted to make it easier for you to find them.
@Sillywinter
I LOVE this!! I'm always up for a challenge. Will edit this post later with my entry :3
EDIT:
(my entry)
Oh! So I think I use the word dam (not the thing that keeps in water) so if ya don't like words like at than sorry. It just happens to be part of my natural vocabulary...Ah, and there is death involved in this so advisory warning to that too. That's all :) Enjoy:

Lily had assumed the walk would be quick. Lily had assumed wrong. Two hours ago, a tall, handsome Dark Knight guy had rushed out of nowhere and saved her from her now ex-boyfriend Tom. Tom had pretended to be a good guy while actually being self centered and a jerk. Tall, dark, and heroic here had been rude about the rescue, acting like it had been such an inconvenience for him but turned out to have a pretty good sense of morals as he hadn't left her in the middle of that dirt path to fend for herself. Instead, he had become her crutch and offered to take her to where him and his friends were camped out. Sketchy offer to say the least, as there were no camping grounds in the area, but anything was better than waiting on Tom to come back for her.

Why did she need a human crutch? Simple. Tom had been driving his pickup and Lily had been in the passenger seat. They had gotten into a pretty bad argument which led to Lily threatening to jump out of the moving vehicle. Tom called her on what he believed to be a bluff. Turned out to not be one. Lily had injured her ankle on the landing. It felt like someone had crushed it with a two ton rock and all she wanted to do was scream out in pain. It was when Tom had yanked her up from the ground and forced her to walk on both feet back to the truck that her savior came to her rescue.

Now they were here. Where is here? In the middle of the woods. Her family was probably worried sick about her. There was no cell reception where the two were so she had no way of calling them. But Gavin, her human crutch, had promised that were he and his friends were, was a car where one of them could drive her home. She hoped they all weren't as "charming" as he was. He had been grumbling the entire two hours about how he should there by now, helping them with that. Whoever them, wherever there, and whatever that was, he made sure not to let anything slip out.

Her wound, as Gavin had called it earlier which again was weird as no one actually used the word 'wound', still hurt something fierce. Exhaustion had settled in as the frigid night February air crept under her skin. Her frosted breath became clearer and clearer with each passing minute. Gavin must have felt her shivering as he stopped a moment and handed her his jacket. Normally she would have refused but it was too damn cold for that.

"How is the cold not bothering you?" Lily got bored of the silence.

"I grew up in Minnesota," Gavin answered without looking at her.

Ah, yeah. This is probably summer to him, Lily figured. Living in Arizona, anything below 82 degrees Fahrenheit was a bit on the chilly side to her. She looked up to see if she could make out any stars as she did know a little bit about survival stuff from a friend of hers. She had figured out which direction her house was from him and he even had told her that should she ever find herself lost at night, to keep the north star to her back and walk straight. Lily wished he was with her now. With the arm not wrapped around Gavin's neck, Lily rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She could sleep when she got home, if she ever did.

She heard Gavin sigh again just before they stopped. "Ten minutes then we keep going." He helped her to the ground then leaned against a tree. To Lily, it looked as though he was on edge, like he expected something to come at them. A few times on their way here he had stopped and listened. That certainly didn't help Lily's nerves at all as each time she thought something was going to come out of the darkness and kill them. So when Gavin suddenly took a step forward and...did he growl?--though it was definitely a human noise, it sounded like he did that on a regular basis--Lily's heart started to beat a little harder.

"What?" Lily's eyes dashed around everywhere. She tried to make herself feel small because unlike before, she felt a prickling on her neck. Something was finally coming.

"Don't move. Don't do anything." Gavin then disappeared. Lily tried to stop him, but the moment she moved without his aid, the pain her ankle swelled up and burst like a bubble. She gripped it in frustration. As shady and suspicious as Gavin had been, he was still better than being on her own in the middle of the woods at night.

A minute passed. Then another, and another. Each one felt like an eternity. Fear coursed through Lily's veins coupled with...was that sorrow? She felt sad because Gavin had left her side. Now that had to be the strangest part of the night. The momentary thought had distracted her.

"What're you doing all the way out 'ere little missy?" A surly voice asked. Lily sharply looked up to see a man standing about five feet away from her and seemed to be very pleased to have found her. She pushed herself up against the tree Gavin had just been on.

"I...I was camping with friends and went on a walk because I couldn't sleep. I sprained my ankle on a rock like an idiot," Lily weakly lied. Her voice was shaky and uncertain so it was no wonder the older man could tell she was clearly lying.

"Oh? And why is that that I don't believe ya?" He took a step forward and Lily's heart sped up. She dug her fingernails into the bark of the tree, like doing so would save her for whatever fate the man before her had in store. Where was Gavin?

"I'm, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me..." Lily didn't dare try to hide was frightened she was.

"I know yous is one of them," The man brought something up that she had thought had been a walking stick. It was a gun. A small scream escaped her lips when she realized it.

"Who? Who are you talking about?" Lily was sure she was going to die of fear before the bullet bit into her skin.

"One of them. Those abominations. We done did track you all down. Hard too as ya kept changing, but we did it," the man loaded the rifle with a single bullet, "don't know what ya'll are planning, but it's gonna end, right here. Right now." He took aim and Lily shut her eyes.

That was when she heard it. A howl, then a nasty snarl followed. She heard the gun go off but didn't feel any pain, side from her ankle of course. She dared to peek and saw her would be murderer on the ground with...something on his chest. Another snarl and a quick chomp to the psychopath's throat and it was all over. The heavy mass moved off its fresh kill and settled its eyes on her. Before the moonlight had moved away from them, Lily saw exactly what it was and it made her heart jump into her throat.

It was a wolf. His fur a nightmare black and with the moon hidden behind the dark clouds now, there was no hope distinguishing him from the night air. He took a step forward and this time, Lily let out an actual, bloodcurdling scream. She would have preferred the gun.

"Stop moving you idiot!" Another person emerged from the darkness and whacked the wolf upside the head. "Sorry about him. He tends to forget how incredibly terrifying he is." The girl sighed. She was no older than Lily, probably around sixteen. The moon had broken through clouds and offered just enough light so Lily could once again see. The girl's silky blond honey hair had been put up in a pony tail. She wore a blue and gray letterman's jacket and green shorts.

"You...you...who?" Lily pointed to the girl. Her hands were trembling terribly and she could feel herself hyperventilating.

"Me? My name's Amber. I'm told yours is Lily," Amber walked over and knelt in front of her. Up close, Lily could see that Amber's face glistened with sweat and she was taking low, shallow breaths. She must have sprinted here.

"Who?" Again, Lily could barely make out the word. She had intended to ask who told Amber her name. Looked like Amber understood despite the lack of words.

"Hm? Oh, Gavin did. Our camp isn't too far from here and he managed to get a text to his clone" the wolf barked angrily, at least Lily thought it sounded angry, "okay! He texted his twin that the guys who've been tailing us finally caught up." Amber did her best to remain friendly, something Lily did appreciate. So Gavin's friends weren't all like him. That was good.

"Where," Lily took an unsteady breath as her heart slowed down a nudge. "Where is Gavin?"

"Oh, he, uh, he went to go stop the other guys?" Amber coughed a little when she answered. Lily knew that cough. She was lying. The wolf barked a few times which made Lily nearly jump out of her skin.

"Coddling? How am I coddling her?" Amber looked backed at him. The wolf let out a audible huff. "Wait, you're not serious, are you?" the wolf nodded. "So, Lily, I know this is going to sound strange and really creepy, but I'm going to need you to come with us. Turns out you're the person we've been looking for the past few days." Amber rubbed the back of her neck like she was unsure of this herself. There was only one thing Lily really registered. Amber had talked to the wolf. Legitimately talked to the wolf. She had a conversation with him. Instead of being what Amber probably had expected her to be, terrified out of her goddamn mind and unwilling to have anything to do with them, Lily grabbed Amber by the forearm and pulled her in a little closer. To Amber's surprise, Lily looked a bit hopeful. Like she had been searching for them as well.

"What are you?" Lily asked, praying to whatever god had brought them to her had brought them to give her the one answer she'd been looking for for months now; that she wasn't going crazy.

"By your reaction, the same as you." Amber blinked several times then offered a kind smile. "This makes things a whole lot easier for us." Amber helped Lily to her feet and offered herself the way Gavin had earlier. "Come on, everything will be made clear in about twenty minutes."

WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW THE PROMPT! I was like "How could I not use them for this??" I have characters that fit this to a tee, I just ended up changing their names and fudged a little of the details about their story. Hope you enjoy it!!

Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I bolded the ten words. Wanted to make it easier for you to find them.
HKrGNct.pngaeUUUJn.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27