Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | 10 Words
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Ari leaned on the wooden fence of the palace dock and groaned as he pulled up the net. He was going to kill Eli and Samson for abandoning him to go out to town, leaving him to pull up the net by himself. It was heavy and without Eli and Samson’s added weight helping him it was slipping more than usual, giving him rope burn each time it fell back towards the water and he had to pull it up again.

He gave another giant heave and almost dropped it back into the water fully. There was a girl in the net. A girl who had a tail. There was a mermaid in his net. He breathed deeply, struggling to put thoughts together. A mermaid. In his net.

The girl-mermaid-seemed to be just as surprised as him. She was staring at him from between the ropes, not saying a word. Or maybe she couldn’t speak? Did mermaids even speak Kakad? Then she said something.

“W-what?” Ari stammered.

“Let me go,” she repeated.

“O-of course,” he said and let the rope drop. Except that he was still stunned and confused from the encounter and forgot to let go of the rope as he let it drop and an instant later he was in the water, struggling to get his head above the waves.

He felt an arm around his waist and then he was sputtering, coughing out the water from his lungs and breathing the air in. When he could breathe properly again he turned to look around him. The mermaid was by his side, holding him up but the palace or its dock were nowhere to be seen.

“W-where am I?”

“Liaugh,” the mermaid answered him.

“H-how did we get here?”

“We swam.”

Why? And h-how do I get back home?”

“You were dying from the water. Come on.” And the mermaid dived beneath the ocean, dragging Ari with her. When he woke up he seemed to be in some sort of cave. It was cold and dark. Though he could see the opening no sun made its way in. He shivered. The mermaid sat next to him. Or was she sitting? She was at a sitting height, her tail curled up under her, but he couldn’t see any chair or couch. She seemed to be floating in midair.

When he looked again he wasn’t sure it was even the same mermaid. When he had hauled her up the sun had sparkled off her wet scales, creating tiny iridescent rainbows in the air, but now in the dark cave he scales seemed to glint more like cold metal.

She smiled at him. “You are awake, my love?”

He blinked at her. “M-my love?” He didn’t want to be some mermaid’s lover. He had Sara back home. And his friends. His life. Maybe this was all a dream. Please let it be a dream. A nightmare. He pinched himself.

“You let me go when you could have captured me. To thank you I have brought you back to my home so we can get married. These caves have air for humans like you to breathe.”

Ari’s head was a mess of scrambled thoughts and when he tried to speak, to say something that would convince her to let him go all that came out was, “I didn’t want to be kidnapped!”

“Kidnapped?” She frowned.

“You-you kidnapped me.” Her face grew dark and he struggled to explain. “I want to go home. It’s-your home is very nice but I don’t want to live here and I’m already engaged!”

“You don’t want to live here? But it’s perfect here. There is no sun to burn you, no wind to blow dust in your face, no rain to land on you.”

“That’s very nice. For you! I’m human. I like those things. Please let me go home.” He was begging, close to tears.

“Fine. But we are very deep down. You will not survive making the trip so soon after the first one. I will return you in a week.” She left the cave with a swish of her long tail.

Ari didn’t know if he could trust her but a week later she reappeared and told her to come with him. He woke up on the palace dock with Eli shaking his shoulder.

“Ari! Ari, you’re alive!” He swept him up in his arms and burst into happy tears and laughter. Ari hugged him back and cried with him.
Ari leaned on the wooden fence of the palace dock and groaned as he pulled up the net. He was going to kill Eli and Samson for abandoning him to go out to town, leaving him to pull up the net by himself. It was heavy and without Eli and Samson’s added weight helping him it was slipping more than usual, giving him rope burn each time it fell back towards the water and he had to pull it up again.

He gave another giant heave and almost dropped it back into the water fully. There was a girl in the net. A girl who had a tail. There was a mermaid in his net. He breathed deeply, struggling to put thoughts together. A mermaid. In his net.

The girl-mermaid-seemed to be just as surprised as him. She was staring at him from between the ropes, not saying a word. Or maybe she couldn’t speak? Did mermaids even speak Kakad? Then she said something.

“W-what?” Ari stammered.

“Let me go,” she repeated.

“O-of course,” he said and let the rope drop. Except that he was still stunned and confused from the encounter and forgot to let go of the rope as he let it drop and an instant later he was in the water, struggling to get his head above the waves.

He felt an arm around his waist and then he was sputtering, coughing out the water from his lungs and breathing the air in. When he could breathe properly again he turned to look around him. The mermaid was by his side, holding him up but the palace or its dock were nowhere to be seen.

“W-where am I?”

“Liaugh,” the mermaid answered him.

“H-how did we get here?”

“We swam.”

Why? And h-how do I get back home?”

“You were dying from the water. Come on.” And the mermaid dived beneath the ocean, dragging Ari with her. When he woke up he seemed to be in some sort of cave. It was cold and dark. Though he could see the opening no sun made its way in. He shivered. The mermaid sat next to him. Or was she sitting? She was at a sitting height, her tail curled up under her, but he couldn’t see any chair or couch. She seemed to be floating in midair.

When he looked again he wasn’t sure it was even the same mermaid. When he had hauled her up the sun had sparkled off her wet scales, creating tiny iridescent rainbows in the air, but now in the dark cave he scales seemed to glint more like cold metal.

She smiled at him. “You are awake, my love?”

He blinked at her. “M-my love?” He didn’t want to be some mermaid’s lover. He had Sara back home. And his friends. His life. Maybe this was all a dream. Please let it be a dream. A nightmare. He pinched himself.

“You let me go when you could have captured me. To thank you I have brought you back to my home so we can get married. These caves have air for humans like you to breathe.”

Ari’s head was a mess of scrambled thoughts and when he tried to speak, to say something that would convince her to let him go all that came out was, “I didn’t want to be kidnapped!”

“Kidnapped?” She frowned.

“You-you kidnapped me.” Her face grew dark and he struggled to explain. “I want to go home. It’s-your home is very nice but I don’t want to live here and I’m already engaged!”

“You don’t want to live here? But it’s perfect here. There is no sun to burn you, no wind to blow dust in your face, no rain to land on you.”

“That’s very nice. For you! I’m human. I like those things. Please let me go home.” He was begging, close to tears.

“Fine. But we are very deep down. You will not survive making the trip so soon after the first one. I will return you in a week.” She left the cave with a swish of her long tail.

Ari didn’t know if he could trust her but a week later she reappeared and told her to come with him. He woke up on the palace dock with Eli shaking his shoulder.

“Ari! Ari, you’re alive!” He swept him up in his arms and burst into happy tears and laughter. Ari hugged him back and cried with him.
arcane_nonbinbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wde.gifPoetry and Lore Shop! tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
@lessthan3 *liccs the thread* judge pls
@lessthan3 *liccs the thread* judge pls
dlJsEIj.png
@lessthan3 this is probably way too far past deadline for you to even consider judging, but I did really want to write for this prompt so I did!

The wind whispered a message. A heavy storm was on its way. Paul knew the hours he had left were waning. The captain wanted Paul to prove he was capable, so he wanted Paul to catch one fish, just one, by the end of the day. The sun was long past the noon mark, veering into evening territory. The fish weren’t biting, they were hiding, aware of the storm that would attack the surface. Aware of the great waves that would move the water with mighty force.

A weight pulled against his net. Aha! Finally! He caught something. His heart pounded in his chest as he pulled on the rope with all his strength. A hint of a purple, sparkling tail was his first sight. What a huge fish! He would impress the captain. He wouldn’t have to walk the plank on a day with a huge storm.

But, to Paul’s surprise, this was no fish, this was a mermaid. A creature only talked about in tales about the dangers of the seas. He gasped, hand held tightly to the rope, as she stared at him. Both of them were wide eyed. Silent. No one could see Paul from this side of the ship, due to the captain’s quarters covering up the view, so this was his secret.

“Hey, don’t drop me back into the water please,” she said, her voice was smooth, velvet, and pleasing to his ears. Perhaps she was a siren. In that case, he should put her into the water.

Paul didn’t know how to respond, his mind aware that a mermaid possessed the upper half of a woman’s body, yet he remembered his manners. His eyes were not on her, but at the vast, endless sea beyond her.

“Uh, hello? Can you help me down? This isn’t exactly comfortable.”

He nodded and pulled the net in, noticing how there was a small fish also caught in the net! The mermaid picked it up and threw it back into the sea. She looked smug, lips curled up in a smirk. His skin had the quality of iridescence, slightly teal and aqua from the reflection of water on her body. He sighed. So much for not dying today.

He pulled off his red sailor’s jacket and put it over her, covering her nakedness. She pulled a face, one of confusion, but she didn’t take it off. “Your name,” he said in a gentle tone, not demanding it from her, just curious.

“Kailani,” she replied. Her hand combed through her hair and she looked around at her surroundings, hoping to gain some understand of where she was, since it looked like a human’s ship.

“That’s a beautiful name.” Paul spoke it in his mind, listened to way her voice said it. Memorized it.

There was a slight hint of a blush on her cheeks, just a little tint of pink, of warmth. “If you say so.”

“We can’t talk up here. Someone will see you.” Paul picked Kailani up bridal style and slipped in the shadows of the outer walls of the captain’s quarters. His eyes darted quickly, his shirt grew damp, and he tiptoed, peering as far as he could to the others. They were no longer up on the deck.

Down to dinner. Which he was currently missing. But he wouldn’t get to eat tonight anyway, so he quickened his pace and walked down the stairs to the crew’s quarters. His own room. He dropped her on the bed, closed and locked the door, and sat down on the end.

“Why don’t you want to go back into the ocean?” he asked. Paul could be a selfish man, he could keep her all to himself, but that was a dark corner of himself he was still learning to grow from and be a better man. He would only keep her if that’s what she wanted to do, and she could go when she wanted to go.

“I stole this,” she said, revealing a pendant she was wearing. “If I go back in the waters, I’m a wanted woman.”

“Shouldn’t you be dying right now?”

“This thing. Lets me breathe on land which I was trying to find. But I guess getting caught in a net and riding a ship works.”

“How are you gonna do that with no legs?”

“I’ll get legs. I have to stay out of water for a few days for them to kick in.”

Paul’s laughter was strong at her unintended pun and Kailani stared at him in confusion and fear. What had she done to make this man make so much noise? Why did he laugh? And, she liked it. Very few mermen had ever laughed at the things she said, and she felt a little offended that the stranger was laughing at her. “I don’t get it.”

“You said you have to wait for your legs to kick in.”

“And?”

He stopped laughing, concern spread over his face. “Have you ever heard of a pun?”

“Well, yes. I--” Her brain processed the words and she let out a quick laugh. “Oh, I see.”

And their conversation continued. A little awkward in places as the two of them had cultural differences to work out. But Paul hadn’t had this much fun in years, maybe before he ever started the pirate thing, and Kailani hadn’t met someone who didn’t judge her harshly. Paul didn’t condemn her for stealing. But then, maybe that meant he was the kind of man who was okay with stealing and doing bad things, though he didn’t seem like it. That wasn’t his vibe.

Thunder rumbled deeply, loud and echoed in their ears. The storm. The men were likely asleep in bed or didn’t care about the store. It was post-dinner and they were relaxing in their quarters or playing games of poker. Just idling the evening into night.

There was a loud shout, mentions of holes in the bottom of the boat. Sinking. The end of the world, it felt, when you were in the middle of the ocean. The lifeboats were outside connected to the ship. Paul tensed, trying to think of how he would get Kailani out of here without anyone noticing.

“We’re gonna end up in the bottom of the ocean,” he said and he stared at the wall. His greatest fear was coming to life. The lifeboats were no good for the treacherous stormy seas. The odds were stacked against them. Kailani was not exactly an easy secret to hide as she was the size of an average human woman in height. Paul would wait it out. No one cared about him.

Someone banged on his door. He hid Kailani under blankets and walked over to it. Paul opened the door. It was the captain.

“Did ya catch a fish for me, boy?” said a tall man with no hands and a face not aged well by decades on the waters and bitterness in his heart.

“No, I did not,” Paul answered.

“Then don’t worry about catching a lifeboat, you ain’t gonna live to see another day.” The captain peered his creepy pirate eye into the room. “What’s under yer blankets?”

“Nothing.”

“Ya tryin’ to lie to me?” The captain wobbled into the room, his thin frame overpowered Paul by the sheer fact that Paul did not want to be touched. Paul pulled him away, stopped him from grabbing the blanket and exposing Kailani.

“Just leave me to die. It’s nothing. Not important.”

The captain shoved Paul hard, causing him to stumble and fall. Kailani stared at the strange man in terror, her eyes wide and her body frozen in shock. Too afraid to move or think. “How long have ya been hidin’ her?” He grabbed the body and slung it over his shoulder like she was a bag. Kailani fought against him, smacked her fists against his back and clawed into his skin, but the captain didn’t budge. He didn’t react.

He ran out of the room before Paul had a chance to get up and settled. The boat was tilting, lowering quickly where the holes were. He felt for the crew who had to try and patch it while the thunder roared and the hope was lost.

No love lived in the captain’s heart. It was corrupted by greed. Kailani bit his back and got a reaction, but he would not let go of her. She was too precious, too special. She was worth a lot to the right person, but to him, she was worth nothing. Just an object to use. His own personal treasure. If they both survived, Kailani would have years of misery ahead of her. Years of mistreatment where she would wish she had gone to prison under the sea since that was nothing like the hell of being a creepy old man’s object.

Paul would not let that happen. He ran, sprinted, raced on up the stairs and out to the lifeboats. The captain was already in a boat with Kailani and they were being lowered into the rushing waters. Paul risked it. He jumped over the railing and fell right into the boat. It didn’t break, but he sure felt like he was breaking.

This led to a violent altercation in the dark, illuminated by the lightning. Noise drowned out by the thunder. Paul punched the captain. Captain punched him back. They fell. A hand smacked the captain’s face with strong intensity, improved by the wet water. The captain shoved Paul. He shoved back. Lightning blinded both of them.

The captain tripped over Kailani’s tail and fell into the sea. He tried to grab the boat but a great wave had started growing and swallowed him up. And his body would be lost to the deep waters.

Paul pulled the sail down and rested on the floor of the boat, which was soaking wet from all the rain. Kailani shivered, her arms wrapped over her chest. The captain had removed the coat, so Paul took his shirt off and offered it to her. Not because it was dry, it wasn’t, but it would cover her and maybe make her feel a little less cold.

She took it. After the captain, she understood why the need for modesty. He had spoken cruel and crude comments to her all the way to the lifeboat, and her stomach tightened and felt ill thinking about it.

The two of them stayed in the boat, trying to keep it afloat as much as possible. It went on for a while, then it stopped raining but thunder and lightning still happened. There was some sprinkling, too. The waves had calmed down.

There was nothing to do but wait.

The sun rose in the east, and it started sprinkling again. A rainbow shown up in the sky, and Paul appreciated the reminder that he did not die. That he would live to see today. A day he hadn’t imagined seeing yesterday. And Kailani was asleep, probably content by the waters, and he smiled.

Things were looking up, and that rainbow was the first sign.
@lessthan3 this is probably way too far past deadline for you to even consider judging, but I did really want to write for this prompt so I did!

The wind whispered a message. A heavy storm was on its way. Paul knew the hours he had left were waning. The captain wanted Paul to prove he was capable, so he wanted Paul to catch one fish, just one, by the end of the day. The sun was long past the noon mark, veering into evening territory. The fish weren’t biting, they were hiding, aware of the storm that would attack the surface. Aware of the great waves that would move the water with mighty force.

A weight pulled against his net. Aha! Finally! He caught something. His heart pounded in his chest as he pulled on the rope with all his strength. A hint of a purple, sparkling tail was his first sight. What a huge fish! He would impress the captain. He wouldn’t have to walk the plank on a day with a huge storm.

But, to Paul’s surprise, this was no fish, this was a mermaid. A creature only talked about in tales about the dangers of the seas. He gasped, hand held tightly to the rope, as she stared at him. Both of them were wide eyed. Silent. No one could see Paul from this side of the ship, due to the captain’s quarters covering up the view, so this was his secret.

“Hey, don’t drop me back into the water please,” she said, her voice was smooth, velvet, and pleasing to his ears. Perhaps she was a siren. In that case, he should put her into the water.

Paul didn’t know how to respond, his mind aware that a mermaid possessed the upper half of a woman’s body, yet he remembered his manners. His eyes were not on her, but at the vast, endless sea beyond her.

“Uh, hello? Can you help me down? This isn’t exactly comfortable.”

He nodded and pulled the net in, noticing how there was a small fish also caught in the net! The mermaid picked it up and threw it back into the sea. She looked smug, lips curled up in a smirk. His skin had the quality of iridescence, slightly teal and aqua from the reflection of water on her body. He sighed. So much for not dying today.

He pulled off his red sailor’s jacket and put it over her, covering her nakedness. She pulled a face, one of confusion, but she didn’t take it off. “Your name,” he said in a gentle tone, not demanding it from her, just curious.

“Kailani,” she replied. Her hand combed through her hair and she looked around at her surroundings, hoping to gain some understand of where she was, since it looked like a human’s ship.

“That’s a beautiful name.” Paul spoke it in his mind, listened to way her voice said it. Memorized it.

There was a slight hint of a blush on her cheeks, just a little tint of pink, of warmth. “If you say so.”

“We can’t talk up here. Someone will see you.” Paul picked Kailani up bridal style and slipped in the shadows of the outer walls of the captain’s quarters. His eyes darted quickly, his shirt grew damp, and he tiptoed, peering as far as he could to the others. They were no longer up on the deck.

Down to dinner. Which he was currently missing. But he wouldn’t get to eat tonight anyway, so he quickened his pace and walked down the stairs to the crew’s quarters. His own room. He dropped her on the bed, closed and locked the door, and sat down on the end.

“Why don’t you want to go back into the ocean?” he asked. Paul could be a selfish man, he could keep her all to himself, but that was a dark corner of himself he was still learning to grow from and be a better man. He would only keep her if that’s what she wanted to do, and she could go when she wanted to go.

“I stole this,” she said, revealing a pendant she was wearing. “If I go back in the waters, I’m a wanted woman.”

“Shouldn’t you be dying right now?”

“This thing. Lets me breathe on land which I was trying to find. But I guess getting caught in a net and riding a ship works.”

“How are you gonna do that with no legs?”

“I’ll get legs. I have to stay out of water for a few days for them to kick in.”

Paul’s laughter was strong at her unintended pun and Kailani stared at him in confusion and fear. What had she done to make this man make so much noise? Why did he laugh? And, she liked it. Very few mermen had ever laughed at the things she said, and she felt a little offended that the stranger was laughing at her. “I don’t get it.”

“You said you have to wait for your legs to kick in.”

“And?”

He stopped laughing, concern spread over his face. “Have you ever heard of a pun?”

“Well, yes. I--” Her brain processed the words and she let out a quick laugh. “Oh, I see.”

And their conversation continued. A little awkward in places as the two of them had cultural differences to work out. But Paul hadn’t had this much fun in years, maybe before he ever started the pirate thing, and Kailani hadn’t met someone who didn’t judge her harshly. Paul didn’t condemn her for stealing. But then, maybe that meant he was the kind of man who was okay with stealing and doing bad things, though he didn’t seem like it. That wasn’t his vibe.

Thunder rumbled deeply, loud and echoed in their ears. The storm. The men were likely asleep in bed or didn’t care about the store. It was post-dinner and they were relaxing in their quarters or playing games of poker. Just idling the evening into night.

There was a loud shout, mentions of holes in the bottom of the boat. Sinking. The end of the world, it felt, when you were in the middle of the ocean. The lifeboats were outside connected to the ship. Paul tensed, trying to think of how he would get Kailani out of here without anyone noticing.

“We’re gonna end up in the bottom of the ocean,” he said and he stared at the wall. His greatest fear was coming to life. The lifeboats were no good for the treacherous stormy seas. The odds were stacked against them. Kailani was not exactly an easy secret to hide as she was the size of an average human woman in height. Paul would wait it out. No one cared about him.

Someone banged on his door. He hid Kailani under blankets and walked over to it. Paul opened the door. It was the captain.

“Did ya catch a fish for me, boy?” said a tall man with no hands and a face not aged well by decades on the waters and bitterness in his heart.

“No, I did not,” Paul answered.

“Then don’t worry about catching a lifeboat, you ain’t gonna live to see another day.” The captain peered his creepy pirate eye into the room. “What’s under yer blankets?”

“Nothing.”

“Ya tryin’ to lie to me?” The captain wobbled into the room, his thin frame overpowered Paul by the sheer fact that Paul did not want to be touched. Paul pulled him away, stopped him from grabbing the blanket and exposing Kailani.

“Just leave me to die. It’s nothing. Not important.”

The captain shoved Paul hard, causing him to stumble and fall. Kailani stared at the strange man in terror, her eyes wide and her body frozen in shock. Too afraid to move or think. “How long have ya been hidin’ her?” He grabbed the body and slung it over his shoulder like she was a bag. Kailani fought against him, smacked her fists against his back and clawed into his skin, but the captain didn’t budge. He didn’t react.

He ran out of the room before Paul had a chance to get up and settled. The boat was tilting, lowering quickly where the holes were. He felt for the crew who had to try and patch it while the thunder roared and the hope was lost.

No love lived in the captain’s heart. It was corrupted by greed. Kailani bit his back and got a reaction, but he would not let go of her. She was too precious, too special. She was worth a lot to the right person, but to him, she was worth nothing. Just an object to use. His own personal treasure. If they both survived, Kailani would have years of misery ahead of her. Years of mistreatment where she would wish she had gone to prison under the sea since that was nothing like the hell of being a creepy old man’s object.

Paul would not let that happen. He ran, sprinted, raced on up the stairs and out to the lifeboats. The captain was already in a boat with Kailani and they were being lowered into the rushing waters. Paul risked it. He jumped over the railing and fell right into the boat. It didn’t break, but he sure felt like he was breaking.

This led to a violent altercation in the dark, illuminated by the lightning. Noise drowned out by the thunder. Paul punched the captain. Captain punched him back. They fell. A hand smacked the captain’s face with strong intensity, improved by the wet water. The captain shoved Paul. He shoved back. Lightning blinded both of them.

The captain tripped over Kailani’s tail and fell into the sea. He tried to grab the boat but a great wave had started growing and swallowed him up. And his body would be lost to the deep waters.

Paul pulled the sail down and rested on the floor of the boat, which was soaking wet from all the rain. Kailani shivered, her arms wrapped over her chest. The captain had removed the coat, so Paul took his shirt off and offered it to her. Not because it was dry, it wasn’t, but it would cover her and maybe make her feel a little less cold.

She took it. After the captain, she understood why the need for modesty. He had spoken cruel and crude comments to her all the way to the lifeboat, and her stomach tightened and felt ill thinking about it.

The two of them stayed in the boat, trying to keep it afloat as much as possible. It went on for a while, then it stopped raining but thunder and lightning still happened. There was some sprinkling, too. The waves had calmed down.

There was nothing to do but wait.

The sun rose in the east, and it started sprinkling again. A rainbow shown up in the sky, and Paul appreciated the reminder that he did not die. That he would live to see today. A day he hadn’t imagined seeing yesterday. And Kailani was asleep, probably content by the waters, and he smiled.

Things were looking up, and that rainbow was the first sign.
dlJsEIj.png
Ok so I don't really have comments for each of you that entered but I will say I loved every single entry. I think I'm going to have to say... @hume is the winner and @Mypilot the runner up. @mynameisgoliath I loved your story too. Thank you guys for being patient with me.
Ok so I don't really have comments for each of you that entered but I will say I loved every single entry. I think I'm going to have to say... @hume is the winner and @Mypilot the runner up. @mynameisgoliath I loved your story too. Thank you guys for being patient with me.
RkXJJ5L.png
3adgzZD.png
6Dq3jOp.png
tqGkHih.png
bYt72YT.png
AaYNmEX.png
Wow! Thanks for judging me despite posting my entry way late! I'm glad you liked it. :3 Prompt: [img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0746/5943/products/Hele-Pama-Art_Thor_4b04dc46-2585-432d-ab38-bc0fbd26cffc.jpg?v=1441294823.png[/img] Don't worry too much about what's in the picture, I just want to read something set at the beach!! Words: sand, hike, gusty, endearing, refreshing, swim, tropical, below, quaint, amicable @SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Annalynn @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @Kiradog234 @Skyeset @AloneTogether @frostt @misericordieuse @favvn @Restless @Auraelia @Reiyn @After @Mochaccino @SariStar @Dragonartist24 @Willowfrost10 Want to add or remove yourself from the pinglist? Link [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fzwp_XsyGAROPMfBob1RPuSL-9fJAnrIpx4A6J6niR8/edit]here[/url]. EDIT: I remembered everything but the deadline. DEADLINE: January 30th @ 23:59 FR time. art credit: [url]https://www.thorart.com/[/url] just bc I love the art!
Wow! Thanks for judging me despite posting my entry way late! I'm glad you liked it. :3
Prompt:
Hele-Pama-Art_Thor_4b04dc46-2585-432d-ab38-bc0fbd26cffc.jpg?v=1441294823.png
Don't worry too much about what's in the picture, I just want to read something set at the beach!!

Words: sand, hike, gusty, endearing, refreshing, swim, tropical, below, quaint, amicable

@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Annalynn @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @Kiradog234 @Skyeset @AloneTogether @frostt @misericordieuse @favvn @Restless @Auraelia @Reiyn @After @Mochaccino @SariStar @Dragonartist24 @Willowfrost10

Want to add or remove yourself from the pinglist? Link here.

EDIT: I remembered everything but the deadline.

DEADLINE: January 30th @ 23:59 FR time.

art credit: https://www.thorart.com/ just bc I love the art!
dlJsEIj.png
@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Annalynn @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @Kiradog234 @Skyeset @AloneTogether @frostt @misericordieuse @favvn @Restless @Auraelia @Reiyn @After @Mochaccino @SariStar @Dragonartist24 @Willowfrost10

Extending the deadline to the 10th of February!

Sorry for being a bad person about this, but no one responded so I didn't even think to check the thread. Also please don't take this too seriously I'm just being a jerk for fun only my old pals will appreciate it I think, hey guys!

Extending the deadline to the 10th of February!

Sorry for being a bad person about this, but no one responded so I didn't even think to check the thread. Also please don't take this too seriously I'm just being a jerk for fun only my old pals will appreciate it I think, hey guys!
dlJsEIj.png
I didn't put a time but I doubt anyone is going to enter, so new prompt! [img]https://photorator.com/photos/images/abandoned-farmhouse-in-the-english-countryside-by-art-hakker-photography-48064.jpg[/img] Words: wind, below, picturesque, abandoned, forlorn, miles, classified, faith, creak, roam Deadline: February 15 @ 23:59 FR time. ----- So, I have a question to all: what turns you off from writing on this thread compared to other writing contest threads? (Feel free to answer this instead of responding to the prompt :P or do both? or is that too crazy?) Is it the pictures? The words?
I didn't put a time but I doubt anyone is going to enter, so new prompt!

abandoned-farmhouse-in-the-english-countryside-by-art-hakker-photography-48064.jpg

Words: wind, below, picturesque, abandoned, forlorn, miles, classified, faith, creak, roam

Deadline: February 15 @ 23:59 FR time.

So, I have a question to all: what turns you off from writing on this thread compared to other writing contest threads? (Feel free to answer this instead of responding to the prompt :P or do both? or is that too crazy?) Is it the pictures? The words?
dlJsEIj.png
^^^^^ look at above post ^^^^^

@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Annalynn @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @Kiradog234 @Skyeset @AloneTogether @frostt @misericordieuse @favvn @Restless @Auraelia @Reiyn @After @Mochaccino @SariStar @Kumie @Willowfrost10
^^^^^ look at above post ^^^^^

@SamIamLuvDov @humanityxpeople @Annalynn @SolusPrime379 @Lightshadow101 @demonslayr62 @Chrisondra @Mypilot @lessthan3 @PixieKnight3264 @coyearth @SocialBookWorm @Kiradog234 @Skyeset @AloneTogether @frostt @misericordieuse @favvn @Restless @Auraelia @Reiyn @After @Mochaccino @SariStar @Kumie @Willowfrost10
dlJsEIj.png
@Hume

I don't usually do this thread, mainly because I often forget or end up not including words, plus I haven't really had the time to sit down and write. I might for this one though! It looks interesting, and most of the words you chose look like something I would add anyway to a more "freestyle" piece. :)
@Hume

I don't usually do this thread, mainly because I often forget or end up not including words, plus I haven't really had the time to sit down and write. I might for this one though! It looks interesting, and most of the words you chose look like something I would add anyway to a more "freestyle" piece. :)
@Kumie

Ahh yeah makes sense. I wouldn't notice if someone forgot a word or two because like, we're all human, but it sounds like what I was thinking: ten words is just too many to make sure you include in a piece. If you make the choice to write for it, cool! If you don't, I hope you have a nice day. :)
@Kumie

Ahh yeah makes sense. I wouldn't notice if someone forgot a word or two because like, we're all human, but it sounds like what I was thinking: ten words is just too many to make sure you include in a piece. If you make the choice to write for it, cool! If you don't, I hope you have a nice day. :)
dlJsEIj.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27