Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writer's Place [Banners!]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @seapulse, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon

I'm pretty happy with how many people are interested in Writer's Place now! :D

Singe-Word Prompt

Today's single word prompt is happiness.
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @seapulse, @Helbram, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon

I'm pretty happy with how many people are interested in Writer's Place now! :D

Singe-Word Prompt

Today's single word prompt is happiness.
Happiness, hm?
Watch as people mess around
Chuckling whenever something weird happens
The screen blocks my view of them
But I can still tell
They are there laughing along.
Happiness, hm?
Watch as people mess around
Chuckling whenever something weird happens
The screen blocks my view of them
But I can still tell
They are there laughing along.
This looks amazing. I wrote something for the latest prompt but didn't post it because of a lack of confidence :P
I was referred here, and I'm glad I checked it out. I'll be checking in when I can, you may even see something written, eventually XD
This looks amazing. I wrote something for the latest prompt but didn't post it because of a lack of confidence :P
I was referred here, and I'm glad I checked it out. I'll be checking in when I can, you may even see something written, eventually XD
xTOF8.gif8pIam9a.png
@SpiderLondon I like it! Definitely creative! @PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @seapulse, @swaggiep34, SpiderLondon [i][b]Picture Prompts[/b][/i] Today's picture prompt is: [img]https://dreamlandia.com/images/T/thunderstorm.jpg[/img] (This image does not belong to me.) I thought this was a pretty cool image. ^.^
@SpiderLondon

I like it! Definitely creative!

@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @M00nKnight, @seapulse, @swaggiep34, SpiderLondon

Picture Prompts

Today's picture prompt is:

thunderstorm.jpg

(This image does not belong to me.)

I thought this was a pretty cool image. ^.^
@SilverWhiteRaven

Hi! I didn't think so many people would like Writer's Place! ^.^

I'm glad you like this, I didn't expect that many people would. If you want to be put on any pinglists or anything, let me know and I'll put you on them.
@SilverWhiteRaven

Hi! I didn't think so many people would like Writer's Place! ^.^

I'm glad you like this, I didn't expect that many people would. If you want to be put on any pinglists or anything, let me know and I'll put you on them.
There Is a storm incoming. I want to ride it.
There's something about storms and lightning that are exciting. Huge, uncontrollable forces with pure, wild beauty. It makes one wish to either burrow in the ground...
Or grow wings and fly among the chaos.
To be one with the thick waters of the sky charged with current, the thrill of the view and the fear of danger making an uncomparable mix of emotions.
But this is all just a daydream. A daydream worth every moment.
There Is a storm incoming. I want to ride it.
There's something about storms and lightning that are exciting. Huge, uncontrollable forces with pure, wild beauty. It makes one wish to either burrow in the ground...
Or grow wings and fly among the chaos.
To be one with the thick waters of the sky charged with current, the thrill of the view and the fear of danger making an uncomparable mix of emotions.
But this is all just a daydream. A daydream worth every moment.
xTOF8.gif8pIam9a.png
@ToonKuriboh
Hahaha, yeah. It seems that you posted the perfect thing to actually make me write. I didn't think i'd be able to do so today! Thank you, and I don't need to be on a ping list, i'll just subscribe to this thread and watch for things :>
@ToonKuriboh
Hahaha, yeah. It seems that you posted the perfect thing to actually make me write. I didn't think i'd be able to do so today! Thank you, and I don't need to be on a ping list, i'll just subscribe to this thread and watch for things :>
xTOF8.gif8pIam9a.png
@SilverWhiteRaven

Alright! I'm glad this helped you write, the point of a lot of this is to give people inspiration and such. ^.^

I also like the writing you posted, your style is awesome.
@SilverWhiteRaven

Alright! I'm glad this helped you write, the point of a lot of this is to give people inspiration and such. ^.^

I also like the writing you posted, your style is awesome.
@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @seapulse, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon

Song Inspiration

Today's song is Enemies, by Shinedown. I love this song, haven't listened to it in quite a while, but I hope this gives people some inspiration.

Lyrics
YouTube Audio Video

If either of these links aren't working, please let me know so I can fix it.

@PhoenixMiko, @Firedawn, @seapulse, @swaggiep34, @Booktwist, @SpiderLondon

Song Inspiration

Today's song is Enemies, by Shinedown. I love this song, haven't listened to it in quite a while, but I hope this gives people some inspiration.

Lyrics
YouTube Audio Video

If either of these links aren't working, please let me know so I can fix it.

Phew, so much inspiration! I hope everyone else has gotten motivated today! :)

Happiness

Happiness was a word Byu hadn't thought about in a long, long time. Yet the faint recollections were there; a loving mate, hatchlings dancing around her feet, Request smiling, always smiling, hanging onto her every word. She associated happiness with family.

Yet she was still surrounded by family now. A different family, of eyes or lack of eyes staring back without reaction, without emotion. She found them to be more comforting then questions and laughter and loud noises. But there was no happiness with them, just a sort of empty comfortableness.

Yet, when she heard a gentle knock at the door, and a quiet voice of Aceysha, she smiled. The very action she associated with happiness. As she let her new family slip away, back to the world they belonged in, she turned to her real family, the family that still was with her.

But the happiness still escaped her.

Enemies by Shinedown
(omg I almost squealed when I heard this bc I recognized it from WWE)

Young Eikre stared down at the harsh, dark, ruthless water that had swallowed up his sister only moments before when he made it one to one. Rama had immediately rushed off with a scramble of claws, looking for someone to help. But Eikre just looked, staring down, fighting back some cruel words that poisoned his mouth.

"It's quite a drop from the top. So how you feeling down there?
It’s a cold, cruel, harsh reality."

When Rama came scrambling back with Autumn in tow, who herself jumped fearlessly into the winter water after the small skydancer, Eikre still didn't move. He was filled with the bitter taste that he always got whenever he saw his sister, his brother. He glanced over at Rama, wondering just how hard it would be to stage his own accident.

Yet there they were coming back up, out of the water, Autumn with Eira. Eikre tried to smile and look happy, but it was bitter. It was angry. It was sad.

"You got the world on its knees
You’re taking all that you please."

They're teenagers, and Eikre watches as Rama hoards his books and Eira pines after a bogsneak who barely casts her an eye. He spends all his time watching, observing, being ignored. The bitter poison that filled him before was still overwhelming. He hated his siblings. He hated his parents. He hated his mentor. He hated his clan.

And he thrived on it. He thrived on the dangerous 'pranks' he played that always got blamed on Hema since no one would think about the off-white skydancer that quietly lurked in the corner, would they? His ideas were just getting better and better, his craft being honed like a knife on a whetstone. He made it fifteen to one already.

His sister and brother took and took and took- and he waited. He waited, in the shadows, waiting for the time to strike.

"It’s twenty to one
Yeah, so you better run!!!"

They're adults now. They've settled with families, all three of them. They've matured. Yet the poison still boils. And soon, so very soon, Eikre would make it twenty to one.
Phew, so much inspiration! I hope everyone else has gotten motivated today! :)

Happiness

Happiness was a word Byu hadn't thought about in a long, long time. Yet the faint recollections were there; a loving mate, hatchlings dancing around her feet, Request smiling, always smiling, hanging onto her every word. She associated happiness with family.

Yet she was still surrounded by family now. A different family, of eyes or lack of eyes staring back without reaction, without emotion. She found them to be more comforting then questions and laughter and loud noises. But there was no happiness with them, just a sort of empty comfortableness.

Yet, when she heard a gentle knock at the door, and a quiet voice of Aceysha, she smiled. The very action she associated with happiness. As she let her new family slip away, back to the world they belonged in, she turned to her real family, the family that still was with her.

But the happiness still escaped her.

Enemies by Shinedown
(omg I almost squealed when I heard this bc I recognized it from WWE)

Young Eikre stared down at the harsh, dark, ruthless water that had swallowed up his sister only moments before when he made it one to one. Rama had immediately rushed off with a scramble of claws, looking for someone to help. But Eikre just looked, staring down, fighting back some cruel words that poisoned his mouth.

"It's quite a drop from the top. So how you feeling down there?
It’s a cold, cruel, harsh reality."

When Rama came scrambling back with Autumn in tow, who herself jumped fearlessly into the winter water after the small skydancer, Eikre still didn't move. He was filled with the bitter taste that he always got whenever he saw his sister, his brother. He glanced over at Rama, wondering just how hard it would be to stage his own accident.

Yet there they were coming back up, out of the water, Autumn with Eira. Eikre tried to smile and look happy, but it was bitter. It was angry. It was sad.

"You got the world on its knees
You’re taking all that you please."

They're teenagers, and Eikre watches as Rama hoards his books and Eira pines after a bogsneak who barely casts her an eye. He spends all his time watching, observing, being ignored. The bitter poison that filled him before was still overwhelming. He hated his siblings. He hated his parents. He hated his mentor. He hated his clan.

And he thrived on it. He thrived on the dangerous 'pranks' he played that always got blamed on Hema since no one would think about the off-white skydancer that quietly lurked in the corner, would they? His ideas were just getting better and better, his craft being honed like a knife on a whetstone. He made it fifteen to one already.

His sister and brother took and took and took- and he waited. He waited, in the shadows, waiting for the time to strike.

"It’s twenty to one
Yeah, so you better run!!!"

They're adults now. They've settled with families, all three of them. They've matured. Yet the poison still boils. And soon, so very soon, Eikre would make it twenty to one.
Bro I'm just here for a good time || They/Them
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53