Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Llanai's Map of the World 2.2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[i][/i]Hello everyone! I've been working over the past several months on a large and quite detailed map of Sornieth for everyone to use! The project may have gotten a bit out of hand, but I'm happy to share the result with everyone now! [img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/5892/f/2017/078/3/8/sornieth_v2_2_by_soenkan-db2ts15.png[/img] [columns] [size=5][b]~~~~~~[/b][/size] [nextcol] [center][size=6][b][url=http://orig12.deviantart.net/5892/f/2017/078/3/8/sornieth_v2_2_by_soenkan-db2ts15.png]Full Sized Map[/url] [url=http://orig14.deviantart.net/7d30/f/2017/078/a/3/sornieth_v2_2l_by_soenkan-db2ts0y.png]Labeless Version[/url][/b][/size][/center] [nextcol] [center][size=6][b][url=http://orig14.deviantart.net/a8fa/f/2017/078/6/4/sornieth_v2_2u_by_soenkan-db2ts0q.png]LARGE version[/url] [url=http://hungrytundras.tumblr.com/post/158586810023/hello-kids-i-know-i-said-first-day-of-jamboree-a]Tumblr Post[/url][/b][/size][/center] [nextcol] [size=5][b]~~~~~~[/b][/size] [/columns] Also included with this is a bit of lore for each of the extra locations I've added! Feel free to use this however you like or reference it in your lore. Just be sure to link back here! [quote]South Marsh - This area, home to the Southmarsh Podid, is the only portion of the mire still firmly under the control of the local nature dragons. Venturing into the northern area means trouble. Arbordawn Archipelago - these islands make up the eastern edge of the North Sea. Their pleasant weather makes them quite attractive both to vacationers and to a menagerie of North Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far) Mirrorlight Bay - The second age built ports and quays along this gulf are in good enough condition for contemporary use. They now serve as a hub of interflight trade, particularly between the North Sea flights. Goldwood - the relatively small portion of Sornieth's great forest remaining on the eastern side of light and shadow's disturbingly straight border. Named for the gold wood pines that grow there, it is considered the gateway to the tangled wood. Solaria Valley - the valley of the River Solaria is green and pleasant, though more often than not the lovely conditions are soiled by the reputation of its most well known feature, Hewn City. Stormlight Drop - The northern edge of Stormcatcher's massive terraforming project where the high desert plateau suddenly falls in a sheer cliff down to the grassy plains of Solaria. Skyrock Downs - The rocky foothills of the Ashfall mountains above which Cloudsong floats. While much more rolling than the neighboring steppe, these hills are far from smooth. Windstar Bay - Home to a number of skirmishes, this deep pocket of a bay serves as border between wind and arcane. It also plays host to several dens of Triune Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far) The Ochre Sea - named for the golden color the water takes on during sunset, the Ochre Sea separates Starwood Strand from the rest of the Arcanist’s domain. Fallen Shore - the Crystal Spires here grow steadily as magical fallout hardens and consumes the soil. Each year, the coastline recedes and the spires grow longer and more numerous. Some believe they will one day consume the whole continent, ending the world for a third time. Ghostlight Valley - with its headwaters in the mountains of Dragonhome, the River Ghostlight is Sornieth’s longest. The narrow valley surrounding it is home to a strong beastkin population and a number of well preserved ruins. The ghostlight and its largest tributary, the River Dusk, form the border between Dragonhome, The Wastes, and The Tangled Wood. Bleakwater Basin - Where the Ghostlight and the murky waters of Driftwood Drag empty into the Sea of One Thousand Currents, the water is dark like ink. Catastrophe Ridge - the northern rim and all that remains of the great blast crater from which arcanist was born. The Sunlet Islands - Suchly named for they are only Islands when the sun allows. During winter, the channels freeze forming one continuous landmass. The easternmost channels never lose their icy layer completely. They are called the Frigid Floes. Gatekeeper and Sentinel Points - When one says ‘the fortress of ends’ they are often referring to the points. Named for the great watchtowers which prevent escaped prisoners’ passage to the mainland, the rocky lands here are home to Ice Flight’s largest clans. Gatekeeper point is the narrowest crossing between the South and the Mainland and is a common point of entry. The Diamond Isles - While these are considered part of Arcanist’s territory, his magical influence is relatively weak when compared to the rest of starfall. This makes the area less desirable for dragons. It is, however a magnet to beastkin as well as Great Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far)[/quote] [size=5][b]Version 3.5 (ish)[/b][/size] [s]The next release of my map is inbound! I'll be documenting progress here since I didn't reserve a second post. [/s] Progress on Version 3 has been halted as we wait for the release of the new Canon Map. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2145780/9#post_37360467]You can find the most complete version of it here![/url] [center] [b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/Q1vVblsX7jw5WCu82][ You can add yourself to a release pinglist here ][/url][/b] Current WIPs [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/6315/f/2018/074/9/d/world_map_3_preview_3_by_soenkan-dc5z59y.png[/img] [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/1c55/i/2018/074/b/1/world_map_3_preview_6_by_soenkan-dc5z59q.png[/img] [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/b2f6/th/pre/f/2018/074/4/6/world_map_3_preview_11_by_soenkan-dc5z59d.png[/img] [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/4cf2/i/2018/074/5/f/world_map_3_preview_12_by_soenkan-dc5z58w.png[/img][/center]
Hello everyone! I've been working over the past several months on a large and quite detailed map of Sornieth for everyone to use! The project may have gotten a bit out of hand, but I'm happy to share the result with everyone now!

sornieth_v2_2_by_soenkan-db2ts15.png
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Also included with this is a bit of lore for each of the extra locations I've added! Feel free to use this however you like or reference it in your lore. Just be sure to link back here!
Quote:
South Marsh - This area, home to the Southmarsh Podid, is the only portion of the mire still firmly under the control of the local nature dragons. Venturing into the northern area means trouble.

Arbordawn Archipelago - these islands make up the eastern edge of the North Sea. Their pleasant weather makes them quite attractive both to vacationers and to a menagerie of North Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far)

Mirrorlight Bay - The second age built ports and quays along this gulf are in good enough condition for contemporary use. They now serve as a hub of interflight trade, particularly between the North Sea flights.

Goldwood - the relatively small portion of Sornieth's great forest remaining on the eastern side of light and shadow's disturbingly straight border. Named for the gold wood pines that grow there, it is considered the gateway to the tangled wood.

Solaria Valley - the valley of the River Solaria is green and pleasant, though more often than not the lovely conditions are soiled by the reputation of its most well known feature, Hewn City.

Stormlight Drop - The northern edge of Stormcatcher's massive terraforming project where the high desert plateau suddenly falls in a sheer cliff down to the grassy plains of Solaria.

Skyrock Downs - The rocky foothills of the Ashfall mountains above which Cloudsong floats. While much more rolling than the neighboring steppe, these hills are far from smooth.

Windstar Bay - Home to a number of skirmishes, this deep pocket of a bay serves as border between wind and arcane. It also plays host to several dens of Triune Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far)

The Ochre Sea - named for the golden color the water takes on during sunset, the Ochre Sea separates Starwood Strand from the rest of the Arcanist’s domain.

Fallen Shore - the Crystal Spires here grow steadily as magical fallout hardens and consumes the soil. Each year, the coastline recedes and the spires grow longer and more numerous. Some believe they will one day consume the whole continent, ending the world for a third time.

Ghostlight Valley - with its headwaters in the mountains of Dragonhome, the River Ghostlight is Sornieth’s longest. The narrow valley surrounding it is home to a strong beastkin population and a number of well preserved ruins. The ghostlight and its largest tributary, the River Dusk, form the border between Dragonhome, The Wastes, and The Tangled Wood.

Bleakwater Basin - Where the Ghostlight and the murky waters of Driftwood Drag empty into the Sea of One Thousand Currents, the water is dark like ink.

Catastrophe Ridge - the northern rim and all that remains of the great blast crater from which arcanist was born.

The Sunlet Islands - Suchly named for they are only Islands when the sun allows. During winter, the channels freeze forming one continuous landmass. The easternmost channels never lose their icy layer completely. They are called the Frigid Floes.

Gatekeeper and Sentinel Points - When one says ‘the fortress of ends’ they are often referring to the points. Named for the great watchtowers which prevent escaped prisoners’ passage to the mainland, the rocky lands here are home to Ice Flight’s largest clans. Gatekeeper point is the narrowest crossing between the South and the Mainland and is a common point of entry.

The Diamond Isles - While these are considered part of Arcanist’s territory, his magical influence is relatively weak when compared to the rest of starfall. This makes the area less desirable for dragons. It is, however a magnet to beastkin as well as Great Sea pirates (the most fearsome of Sornieth's pirates by far)

Version 3.5 (ish)

The next release of my map is inbound! I'll be documenting progress here since I didn't reserve a second post.

Progress on Version 3 has been halted as we wait for the release of the new Canon Map. You can find the most complete version of it here!
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I can't believe this has been buried, excellent work as always!
I can't believe this has been buried, excellent work as always!
It looks gorgeous!
It looks gorgeous!
UsagiNita-Sama.pngSage3.png Sage2.png
This is amazing! I hope you don't mind if I use this to show where my clan is located.
This is amazing! I hope you don't mind if I use this to show where my clan is located.
1234567 S6bPlBX.png
When the villains fall,
the kingdoms never weep
No one lights a candle to remember
No, no one mourns at all,
They lay them to sleep.
Nt2JiBw.png
@Maltshakes
Thanks for the boost. I'd actually forgotten that I even made this thread oops

@Delkerono @Lavendetta

Thank you both! This is free to use so long as you credit!
@Maltshakes
Thanks for the boost. I'd actually forgotten that I even made this thread oops

@Delkerono @Lavendetta

Thank you both! This is free to use so long as you credit!
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
This is amazing! I can't believe how much detail you put into this, it's so beautiful and well thought out! *applauds*
This is amazing! I can't believe how much detail you put into this, it's so beautiful and well thought out! *applauds*
My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
Wow, this is so cool!:D
Wow, this is so cool!:D
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@ironpen @cakecafe

Since you guys helped me work out some ideas, I thought I'd ping you for the final product. I hope you don't mind. I almost forgot

@Shara @MagykalWagykal

Thank you you both!
@ironpen @cakecafe

Since you guys helped me work out some ideas, I thought I'd ping you for the final product. I hope you don't mind. I almost forgot

@Shara @MagykalWagykal

Thank you you both!
@Llanai
It looks fantastic!
@Llanai
It looks fantastic!
RupeeFireX2.gif?GPSys=party.png
so anyway when's stormlight going to hire you?
so anyway when's stormlight going to hire you?
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art
mollymauk.tumblr | twitter@widomauk
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10