Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Llanais Map of the World [Update 4/19]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
This is super cool! Thanks for making this @Llanai!
This is super cool! Thanks for making this @Llanai!
@Llanai
This map is hella rad! Thanks for making it; I've always thought the official map was a little underwhelming.
@Llanai
This map is hella rad! Thanks for making it; I've always thought the official map was a little underwhelming.
@Llanai

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! :D I've been trying to improve my map-making ability in Gimp for a while now, and thought I was coming along alright, but this makes me feel like a total nub lol :P I still have a long way to go I see

I gotta ask, did you use a special font for all the text, or did you hand-write it all?
@Llanai

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! :D I've been trying to improve my map-making ability in Gimp for a while now, and thought I was coming along alright, but this makes me feel like a total nub lol :P I still have a long way to go I see

I gotta ask, did you use a special font for all the text, or did you hand-write it all?
5lAqsu2.gif
MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM
nV0BWDQ.gif
@Ravaella

Don't worry I've been doing this for eternity and my first drafts were... not good to say the least. Just keep plugging at it. I'd love to see something of yours too!

As for the font, it's all hand written like the rest of this monstrosity. I did use the text tool to make a guide for both font sizes so that it was consistent across the whole map, though.
@Ravaella

Don't worry I've been doing this for eternity and my first drafts were... not good to say the least. Just keep plugging at it. I'd love to see something of yours too!

As for the font, it's all hand written like the rest of this monstrosity. I did use the text tool to make a guide for both font sizes so that it was consistent across the whole map, though.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
This is so great!! I really enjoy the scale at the bottom with the days flight and week's flight. I was wondering why there are two bars under each though?

@Llanai
This is so great!! I really enjoy the scale at the bottom with the days flight and week's flight. I was wondering why there are two bars under each though?

@Llanai
tumblr_o15k54yZfb1sk2f1lo1_r1_500.png
@Llanai

Holy cow, I thought that might be the case, but I can't even imagine how long that took. o.O I love how it gives the map a more authentic look, though (at least in my opinion). I can imagine a little Fae scratching along with a quill marking everything down. :)

As for my work... the only map I have uploaded is the one on my profile... I cringe every time I see it. I'm more comfortable with traditional media, but I really want to learn more about digital art so I'm trying to teach myself. I'm not used to drawing with a mouse... it's sooo different from drawing with a pen/pencil. :/
@Llanai

Holy cow, I thought that might be the case, but I can't even imagine how long that took. o.O I love how it gives the map a more authentic look, though (at least in my opinion). I can imagine a little Fae scratching along with a quill marking everything down. :)

As for my work... the only map I have uploaded is the one on my profile... I cringe every time I see it. I'm more comfortable with traditional media, but I really want to learn more about digital art so I'm trying to teach myself. I'm not used to drawing with a mouse... it's sooo different from drawing with a pen/pencil. :/
5lAqsu2.gif
MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM
nV0BWDQ.gif
@Geology

The larger line represents that distance for a fully grown Guardian or Imperial while the smaller is for the average Fae. The rest of the breeds fall somewhere in between.

@Ravaella

The one on your profile isn't bad at all! Quite well done if you ask me. My background is traditional as well. This is actually the first map I've ever made that didn't start out on paper. (I had just gotten my first tablet when I started) My normal process involves drawing the whole thing out in pencil and then drawing over it in gimp with a mouse. Having something to go over is usually pretty good I find at least for keeping my lines in check. Most of all these things just take practice.
@Geology

The larger line represents that distance for a fully grown Guardian or Imperial while the smaller is for the average Fae. The rest of the breeds fall somewhere in between.

@Ravaella

The one on your profile isn't bad at all! Quite well done if you ask me. My background is traditional as well. This is actually the first map I've ever made that didn't start out on paper. (I had just gotten my first tablet when I started) My normal process involves drawing the whole thing out in pencil and then drawing over it in gimp with a mouse. Having something to go over is usually pretty good I find at least for keeping my lines in check. Most of all these things just take practice.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@Ravaella

Your map is great though! I like it a lot, and certainly couldn't pull that off for my own lair! :D
@Ravaella

Your map is great though! I like it a lot, and certainly couldn't pull that off for my own lair! :D
@Llanai
Thank you so much for this! I will definitely be integrating it into my clan lore, and it's super relieving so that I don't have to try to figure out how to make mapping out my clan territory work using just the site's maps!
@Llanai
Thank you so much for this! I will definitely be integrating it into my clan lore, and it's super relieving so that I don't have to try to figure out how to make mapping out my clan territory work using just the site's maps!
UUJDQlO.gif
ping for my attention

I am 2 hours ahead of server
tumblr_inline_nb2ti2p9Wg1qg78ij.png
I just thought I should drop in and say this map and this lore is the coolest thing ever. I'll definitely be taking inspiration from this for my lore!
I just thought I should drop in and say this map and this lore is the coolest thing ever. I'll definitely be taking inspiration from this for my lore!
Sig.png41904606024_0cc8ac141a_o.pngSigI.pngSnv0FVq.pngWTH-Sig2.png

dNCLmdm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24