Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1584 1585
@Eulerian

I know the feeling. xD;; I'm currently trying to write lore for some of the dragons at the back of my lair who need it and touch up my clan's lore in general, and if I get some good ideas in the meantime I'll be sure to post them here!

The only thing I can think of at the top of my head is those children of Brightwork and Shula who focus on apparel-making could occasionally send some samples to their older siblings to feature/sell in their store (and/or to trade new styles and techniques) - or even those who don't might work out trade arrangements between craftsdragons in their clans and those in mine.
@Eulerian

I know the feeling. xD;; I'm currently trying to write lore for some of the dragons at the back of my lair who need it and touch up my clan's lore in general, and if I get some good ideas in the meantime I'll be sure to post them here!

The only thing I can think of at the top of my head is those children of Brightwork and Shula who focus on apparel-making could occasionally send some samples to their older siblings to feature/sell in their store (and/or to trade new styles and techniques) - or even those who don't might work out trade arrangements between craftsdragons in their clans and those in mine.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
@Salathielly - As I recall, your new wildclaws are much more physical fighters than the Oakrest Hunters & exorcists you've collected. How's your medicinal stores / medics? That might be another trade opportunity to consider.
@Salathielly - As I recall, your new wildclaws are much more physical fighters than the Oakrest Hunters & exorcists you've collected. How's your medicinal stores / medics? That might be another trade opportunity to consider.
Limesparrow - I'd be open to an exchange ;D the thing is that um. So. What you see in my lair is... twenty dragons short. I have exactly that many in a friend's lair. Mostly gene projects, though- ... wait.. holy crap.

SO UM. Do you have an ideas for what sort of dragon I should send over to you?
Limesparrow - I'd be open to an exchange ;D the thing is that um. So. What you see in my lair is... twenty dragons short. I have exactly that many in a friend's lair. Mostly gene projects, though- ... wait.. holy crap.

SO UM. Do you have an ideas for what sort of dragon I should send over to you?
otQd63W.png
@ixris

*cough cough* Well, my long-time physician did depart from the clan after the recent problem with the malevolent spirits, but I still have my healer Hugh, though he's more the magical type than the "knowledgeable about anatomy and herbs" type even if he has studied them some and is getting better at mundane medicine. (We're pretty good on mental/emotional health, but the physical health department is lacking a bit.) As soon as I get his lore written which was supposed to be forever ago this guy is going to take over as the clan's physician, and I think his son is going to assist him. The father's got a bit of a grumpy personality, so he isn't going to sell himself with a good bedside manner, plus there's going to be a problem if any of the patients don't like animals because he accidentally attracts them. Those two are actually related to Winternight, and they met when Ez and Winter went down to visit Ez's old haunts in the Southern Icefield for the Crystalline Gala, so they're part of a larger story that I need to finish writing. ^_^;;
@ixris

*cough cough* Well, my long-time physician did depart from the clan after the recent problem with the malevolent spirits, but I still have my healer Hugh, though he's more the magical type than the "knowledgeable about anatomy and herbs" type even if he has studied them some and is getting better at mundane medicine. (We're pretty good on mental/emotional health, but the physical health department is lacking a bit.) As soon as I get his lore written which was supposed to be forever ago this guy is going to take over as the clan's physician, and I think his son is going to assist him. The father's got a bit of a grumpy personality, so he isn't going to sell himself with a good bedside manner, plus there's going to be a problem if any of the patients don't like animals because he accidentally attracts them. Those two are actually related to Winternight, and they met when Ez and Winter went down to visit Ez's old haunts in the Southern Icefield for the Crystalline Gala, so they're part of a larger story that I need to finish writing. ^_^;;
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
@Salathielly - Oh THOSE kids! You were telling me about them! :D (Please write their lore. Dad is such a precious creature. Roomies and I had a great gigglefit looking at him! And kid's leg - tell me about kid's leg! D: ) But yeah, sounds like you got that covered. DON'T MIND ME. JUST MEDDLING HERE. lol
@Salathielly - Oh THOSE kids! You were telling me about them! :D (Please write their lore. Dad is such a precious creature. Roomies and I had a great gigglefit looking at him! And kid's leg - tell me about kid's leg! D: ) But yeah, sounds like you got that covered. DON'T MIND ME. JUST MEDDLING HERE. lol
@ixris

I had the horrible urge to make a Dr. Doolittle-type dragon (except a super grumpy one? because having animals following you around all the time and talking to you could get annoying really fast), so Cindermoon happened.

Remember how I told you to kick me when I started getting multiple dragons for one story? I did it again. ._. (Also I found a male ice coatl with the exact same colors as Ez last night and so now I've ended up with a Peter Pan knockoff permababy who's also involved in in this story.)

What I have so far about their backstory is a tangled mess, and I'm still trying to connect all the pieces (it started out as a Snow Queen-esque story, but then Pied Piper elements got added to it, and now echoes of Peter Pan stories are in there as well...oops?). I've added more bullet points to Cindermoon's bio, and I'll hopefully be working on it more later tonight or early this week...
@ixris

I had the horrible urge to make a Dr. Doolittle-type dragon (except a super grumpy one? because having animals following you around all the time and talking to you could get annoying really fast), so Cindermoon happened.

Remember how I told you to kick me when I started getting multiple dragons for one story? I did it again. ._. (Also I found a male ice coatl with the exact same colors as Ez last night and so now I've ended up with a Peter Pan knockoff permababy who's also involved in in this story.)

What I have so far about their backstory is a tangled mess, and I'm still trying to connect all the pieces (it started out as a Snow Queen-esque story, but then Pied Piper elements got added to it, and now echoes of Peter Pan stories are in there as well...oops?). I've added more bullet points to Cindermoon's bio, and I'll hopefully be working on it more later tonight or early this week...
For limesparrow, again!, and just personal reference. And holy crap I have... So many mages.

Clan Clergy:
Procyon - Monk in service of the Stormcatcher
Spica - Nun in service of the Windsinger
Maleagant - Priest in service of the Stormcatcher
Ascella - Priestess in service of the Arcanist
Chalawan - High Priest in service of the Arcanist
Cassandra - High Priestess in service of the Plaguebringer
Swordbreaker - Sage in service of the Arcanist

Clan Clergy Currently Away:
Achernar - Sage in service of the Shadowbinder

Healers:
Giedi - Herbalist / Pharmacist
Arcturus - Combat Surgeon
Spica - Midwife / Pediatrician / Family Doctor
Sterope - Pharmacist / Alchemist / Shock Therapist
Alya - Counselor
Jabbah - JUST YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD PSYCHIATRIST
Hassaleh - Witch Doctor

Mages:
Adhara - Seer
Altair - Seer
Nusakan - Mage Professor
Rasalas - Ritualist
Spica - Healer
Jade - Sorceress
Maleagant - Ritualist
Asil - Mage
Isra - Mage
Ksora - Mage
Algol - Mage
Heka - Mage
Pollux - Mage Professor
Asterope - Wannabe Witch
Ascella - Sorceress
Chalawan - Mage
Betelgeuse - Mage
Hemera - Mage
Nestor - Sorcerer
Cassandra - Witch
Hassaleh - Witch
Jupiter - Witch
For limesparrow, again!, and just personal reference. And holy crap I have... So many mages.

Clan Clergy:
Procyon - Monk in service of the Stormcatcher
Spica - Nun in service of the Windsinger
Maleagant - Priest in service of the Stormcatcher
Ascella - Priestess in service of the Arcanist
Chalawan - High Priest in service of the Arcanist
Cassandra - High Priestess in service of the Plaguebringer
Swordbreaker - Sage in service of the Arcanist

Clan Clergy Currently Away:
Achernar - Sage in service of the Shadowbinder

Healers:
Giedi - Herbalist / Pharmacist
Arcturus - Combat Surgeon
Spica - Midwife / Pediatrician / Family Doctor
Sterope - Pharmacist / Alchemist / Shock Therapist
Alya - Counselor
Jabbah - JUST YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD PSYCHIATRIST
Hassaleh - Witch Doctor

Mages:
Adhara - Seer
Altair - Seer
Nusakan - Mage Professor
Rasalas - Ritualist
Spica - Healer
Jade - Sorceress
Maleagant - Ritualist
Asil - Mage
Isra - Mage
Ksora - Mage
Algol - Mage
Heka - Mage
Pollux - Mage Professor
Asterope - Wannabe Witch
Ascella - Sorceress
Chalawan - Mage
Betelgeuse - Mage
Hemera - Mage
Nestor - Sorcerer
Cassandra - Witch
Hassaleh - Witch
Jupiter - Witch
otQd63W.png
Oh man I see this thread has been opened up. Excellent!

I love the idea of exchanging dragons and sending them to visit other lore clans. My clan in particular is a hub/safe haven for travelers, so it 100% fits in my lore to have visitors come through. Of course I'm also always perpetually out of space... BUT we can jump that hurtle when the time comes! :P My clan's roles vary widely, but I always seem to gather spiritual-types (shamans, empaths, soothsayers, a few dragons that just kinda... walk the path between the normal and the spirit world (they're kinda odd and not really there so most of the other dragons just ignore them), prophets, things of that sort). And fighters, despite being a so-called peaceful clan. I kinda maybe have a small problem with impulse-buying lvl 25s.

Aghh so many of my dragons don't have written lore rn though, I need to get on that. Like, so many of my dragons have lore in my head, but I haven't been able to like... spit it out, I guess. But maybe the idea of lore dragon exchanges will help spark the need to get them all recorded in written word.

@Salathielly

Ahhh I for one would love to see any updates on ANY Oakrest dragons you have here! I already kinda stalk your lore and hatchery ahaha. But like legit, I have a couple other Oakrest dragons that I'll probably make note of here when I update them, so.
Oh man I see this thread has been opened up. Excellent!

I love the idea of exchanging dragons and sending them to visit other lore clans. My clan in particular is a hub/safe haven for travelers, so it 100% fits in my lore to have visitors come through. Of course I'm also always perpetually out of space... BUT we can jump that hurtle when the time comes! :P My clan's roles vary widely, but I always seem to gather spiritual-types (shamans, empaths, soothsayers, a few dragons that just kinda... walk the path between the normal and the spirit world (they're kinda odd and not really there so most of the other dragons just ignore them), prophets, things of that sort). And fighters, despite being a so-called peaceful clan. I kinda maybe have a small problem with impulse-buying lvl 25s.

Aghh so many of my dragons don't have written lore rn though, I need to get on that. Like, so many of my dragons have lore in my head, but I haven't been able to like... spit it out, I guess. But maybe the idea of lore dragon exchanges will help spark the need to get them all recorded in written word.

@Salathielly

Ahhh I for one would love to see any updates on ANY Oakrest dragons you have here! I already kinda stalk your lore and hatchery ahaha. But like legit, I have a couple other Oakrest dragons that I'll probably make note of here when I update them, so.
Eulerian: WOWWW you have so many dragons... That's super impressive!

Well... my own dragons are in a weird sort of split where a chunk of them are doctors, a chunk of them are patients, and a chunk of them just do labor or pursue their own interests. Here's a list of all the ones that come to mind right now as having decent stories behind them, even if they aren't all written down at the moment

Medics
Kemris - Medic, leader, and progen
Lazuli - THE SNUGGLE FRIEND (also delivers messages)
Luna - Dietitian, rations food, hunts

kinda everyone else
Picasso - a depressed artist
Waikiki - In physical therapy for a missing limb
Aggy - Completely deaf from an accident and in rehabilitation
Spinel - Collects many shiny things and is slightly agoraphobic
Rosie - apiarist + pretty severely depressed
Rania - Weaponsmith
Rigel - Resident flirt
Wergild- Apprentice armorsmith
Daisy - my sweet summer child who goes scavenging for materials to help out the clan
Delsca - Beast tamer
Harriet - Mage
Ezekiel - Ghost hunter and protector
Tabi - Gardener
Phoenix + Lief - her kids, and the only ones she'll ever have

I'm not sure what sort of exchange we should do. Maybe babies... write some lore for them and do the ol' switcheroo.
Eulerian: WOWWW you have so many dragons... That's super impressive!

Well... my own dragons are in a weird sort of split where a chunk of them are doctors, a chunk of them are patients, and a chunk of them just do labor or pursue their own interests. Here's a list of all the ones that come to mind right now as having decent stories behind them, even if they aren't all written down at the moment

Medics
Kemris - Medic, leader, and progen
Lazuli - THE SNUGGLE FRIEND (also delivers messages)
Luna - Dietitian, rations food, hunts

kinda everyone else
Picasso - a depressed artist
Waikiki - In physical therapy for a missing limb
Aggy - Completely deaf from an accident and in rehabilitation
Spinel - Collects many shiny things and is slightly agoraphobic
Rosie - apiarist + pretty severely depressed
Rania - Weaponsmith
Rigel - Resident flirt
Wergild- Apprentice armorsmith
Daisy - my sweet summer child who goes scavenging for materials to help out the clan
Delsca - Beast tamer
Harriet - Mage
Ezekiel - Ghost hunter and protector
Tabi - Gardener
Phoenix + Lief - her kids, and the only ones she'll ever have

I'm not sure what sort of exchange we should do. Maybe babies... write some lore for them and do the ol' switcheroo.
scar66 - 8)c I'm sure we could work something out~

limesparrow - babies might be good, yeah. The question is......... Do you want them forever or just for a while?
scar66 - 8)c I'm sure we could work something out~

limesparrow - babies might be good, yeah. The question is......... Do you want them forever or just for a while?
otQd63W.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1584 1585