Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town -- The Fuzz
[center][u][b]The Fuzz[/b][/u] Putting Criminals on Ice "Hello!" greets a friendly Tundra as you walk into the Eightleaf Town Police Department. He's seated at the front desk and is giving you a warm smile. "Welcome to the Eightleaf Town Police Department! I'm Officer Fannar. How can I help you today?" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296928/29692787_350.png[/img][/center] You reply... 1. "I just wandered in here. What is this place? What goes on here?" 2. "I heard you were recruiting." 3. "Something happened. I'm here to file a report." 4. "I'm a private party looking for a commission. Have any work for me?" 5. "May I please talk to the chief?" [center]--- 1: "Oh. Here to learn more about the Fuzz, huh? That's what the police here are called," Fannar answers, seeming amused. "I think it's because we're all so fuzzy, bring Tundra dragons and all. Even the chief's half Tundra! That's what he says, anyway. Looks like a woolly Snapper to me." Fannar takes a moment to enjoy his amusement. Then, his attention returns to you and he nods. "Right. Anyway, this is the police department. We hold criminals and suspects temporarily in cells in the back -- separately, of course. But we don't do permanent imprisonment, here. All criminals convicted in the Southern Icefields are sent to the Fortress of Ends for the Icewarden to try and, if found guilty, hold indefinitely. We only send ones over Town Hall finds guilty, though, unless we send them over to the Sunbeam Ruins. That's in the policy, but it doesn't happen often. It's a long trip, you know, and we're a little understaffed for things like that, so the suspect would have to ask for a trial over there, and..." He shrugs with an apologetic grin. "Sorry. That's complicated, I know. Anyway, what we do here is we patrol the town to make sure everyone's nice and safe. And if some crime gets underway, we deal with it and stop it, then we hold the suspect for questioning. We run investigations, too, and we're in charge of making sure convicted prisoners within our jurisdiction reach the Fortress of Ends." He looks over to a bulletin board hanging on the wall. "Local businesses hang advertisements over there, but sometimes problems that need solving get pinned up there, too. Things like missing pets. Right now, [i]we[/i] even have a poster pinned up! If you're ever interested in joining the force, you'll want to take a look at it." The poster the Tundra was talking about shows dragons lined up with stern, serious looks on their faces. Across the top, it reads "The Southern Icefield needs you! Join the police force today!" There's text advising the viewer to visit a local police department for details. In the corner, it shows a spiffy-looking navy blue coat -- the same one Fannar's wearing. By the picture, it says in small letters, "Uniform purchase required." The Tundra holds up a clipboard to indicate it. "And here, we have forms for people to fill out. The two main kinds we have are crime reports and recruitment forms. If you want to report a crime, you need to fill out a form so that we can keep the information organized. If you want to join our ranks, you'll need to fill out a form for that, too. There's a surprising amount of paperwork involved with this job, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It's actually kind of fun in its own way."[/center] 1.1: "I see. Is that all there is to this place?" 1.2: "I see. You know, I [i]am[/i] interested in looking at one of those recruitment forms." 1.3: "I see. In that case, can you help me?" [center]--- 1.3: "Of course. What do you need help with?" Fannar asks.[/center] 1.3.1: "I would like to join the Fuzz." (go to 1.2) 1.3.2: "Something happened and I need help." (go to 3) [center]--- 1.1: "I'm afraid so," Fannar replies with a bit of an apologetic smile. "I can't exactly let you in any farther. You're just a visitor, after all. Still, I hope your visit was informative."[/center] 1.1.1: "I see. Well, thank you!" [center]--- 1.1.1: "Goodbye! Stay safe!" Officer Fannar farewells, "And be sure to let us know if you need any help! That's what we're here for!" You leave the police station better informed. --- 2: "Oh! As a matter of fact, we are! Would you like to see the recruitment form?" Fannar asks.[/center] 2.1: "Yes, please." (go to 1.2) 2.2: "No, I just wanted to confirm that." 2.3: "No thanks. I changed my mind." (go to 2.2) [center]--- 2.2: "Oh. Okay," Fannar replies, setting down the clipboard. (go to 1.1.1) --- 1.2: "Great!" Fannar exclaims, even cheerier now that he was before. "We're pretty understaffed right now, so it'll be great to have you aboard! Of course, that's if your application gets approved, and that's not my call. Anyway, here you are. Please fill out this form." You go up to the desk and take the clipboard Officer Fannar hands you.[/center] [b]PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY FILL THIS WHOLE THING OUT.[/b] It's mostly just for flavor. (see note below.) [code=]EIGHTLEAF TOWN POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION FORM Please fill out the form completely as accurately as possible. Please use blue or black ink while filling out this form. NAME: AGE: M/F (circle one) SPECIES: ELEMENT: Mailing Address: Please list any special skills or interests you have. Have you, at any point in time, ever been convicted of a crime? If so, what was the crime? What is the position you are applying for? What is your desired rate of pay? You understand that this job's hours will fluctuate depending on the police station's needs. Y/N (circle one) You understand that you will have to purchase your own uniform and will be required to maintain it. Y/N (circle one) You understand that, should your application be accepted, that you will be required to undergo a physical evaluation. Y/N (circle one) Please attach your resume and cover letter to this form. Please include at least three references. By signing this form, you are stating that the above information is true. You agree that any misinformation is fraudulence and that you will be subjected to a court of law and if found guilty, will accept the results. You also agree that this is an application, not a contract of employment, and that the Eightleaf Town Police Department is under no obligation to hire you. Please sign and date below. _____________________________________________[/code] [u]Note:[/u] You [i]will[/i] actually have to submit the dragon you want to join the fuzz, though, whether here or by PM. To see the form you're [i]supposed[/i] to fill out, please scroll down to the appropriate post. (Hint: it has a bunch of apparel items stamped onto it.) 2.1.1: You fill out the form, attach everything required to it, and hand it over to Fannar. 2.1.2: "Alright. Do you mind if I take this home and send it in later?" 2.1.3: "Do I have to be a resident of Eightleaf Town to work here?" 2.1.4: "I changed my mind." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2) [center]--- 2.1.3: Fannar nods, looking a little amused. "Well, yes. You have to be on time for work, after all. That'd be hard to do from the Viridian Labyrinth, or wherever else."[/center] 2.1.3.1: "I see. Can I fill this out later and send it to you?" (go to 2.1.2) 2.1.3.2: "Nevermind, then." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2) 2.1.3.3: "Okay." You fill out the form, make all necessary attachments, and hand it back to Fannar. (go to 2.1.1) [center]--- 2.1.1: "Thank you! Wow, you really came prepared, bringing all that extra paperwork. I hope your application gets approved!" Fannar cheerily responds as he takes your form and files it away. "I'll make sure this gets to the chief."[/center] 2.1.1.1: "When will I know if my application's been approved?" 2.1.1.2: "Thank you. Goodbye!" (go to 1.1.1) [center]--- 2.1.1.1: "Oh, we'll let you know when to come in for the physical. It's not that hard -- just a test to make sure you can handle the job, and to let us know where to put you. It includes training, too, so don't worry about not knowing what to do in one situation or another," Fannar replies good-naturedly.[/center] 2.1.1.1.1: "Alright. Thank you!" (go to 1.1.1) [center]--- 2.1.2: "Oh, not at all! Just mail or deliver it to this police station when you're finished with it," Fannar answers agreeably.[/center] 2.1.2.1: "Alright. Thank you!" (go to 1.1.1) 2.1.2.2: "Actually, I changed my mind." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2) [center]--- 3: "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Here; please fill out this form," Fannar responds, handing you a clipboard. "I wish this was a faster process, but it's better to keep everything organized so that we don't get confused halfway through an investigation."[/center] [code]EIGHTLEAF TOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT CASE FILE -- INITIAL FORM CASE #____ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) CASE NAME _______________________ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) CASE STATUS _________________ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) Contact's Name: Nature of the Incident (i.e., theft) Description of the Incident (please include as many details as possible, such as time and location) Victim's Name: Victim's Profile (please include as many details as possible, including length, eye color, occupation, etc.) Any suspects? Suspects' descriptions: [/code] [u]Note:[/u] This form you actually do fill out. It will be filed away and initiate an rp for the Fuzz and any private investigators who get involved. [u]Not taking cases at this time.[/u] [center]"I assure you that we'll do our best to resolve this issue in a timely manner, so please leave it to us," Fannar assures you.[/center] 3.1: "Thank you." You fill out the form and hand it over to Fannar. 3.2: (to be added when private investigators are unlocked) [center]--- 3.1: Fannar takes the form and files it away. "I'll make sure this gets to the chief quickly. We'll make sure to start the investigation soon, so don't worry about it. Was there anything else I could help you with?"[/center] 3.1.1: "No. That's all; thank you." [center]--- 3.1.1: Fannar nods. "Alright. Stay safe." You leave the police station. --- 4: "Oh, I see. Well, if we have any cases for you, it'd be over there," Fannar replies, indicating the bulletin board on the wall. He hums to himself and his eyes roll up to the ceiling absently as he muses aloud, "Or you could talk to the chief, I guess. He might have something for you..."[/center] 4.1: "Thank you. I'll take a look at the bulletin board." You walk over to the bulletin board and take a look as Fannar says "you're welcome" and goes back to sorting through files. (go to the bulletin board, found in a later post) 4.2: "The chief? Is he available?" (go to 5) [center]--- 5: "Hmm... I don't know. Let me check," Officer Fannar muses before getting up and heading through a door in the back, out of the lobby area and out of sight.[/center] 5.1: You wait patiently for Officer Fannar's return. 5.2: You go look at the bulletin board while you wait. (go to the bulletin board, found in a later post, then go to 5.1) [center]--- 5.1: When Fannar returns, he is alone. He goes back to his place behind his desks and gives you an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, but the chief is busy right now. I'd ask if you would like to make an appointment, but he only does that for official police business. Still, if it's important, he might get back to you if you fill out this form." Fannar hands you a form.[/center] [code]Today's Date: Name: Would like an appointment with: Preferred appointment date: Meeting Location: Reason for contact:[/code] 5.1.1: "Does everyone have to fill one of these out to talk with him?" 5.1.2: "Actually, nevermind." You hand the form back to Fannar. (go to 2.2) 5.1.3: You fill out the form and hand it to Fannar. [center]--- 5.1.1: Fannar laughs lightly at the question. "Usually, yes. Even [i]I[/i] have to use the form sometimes!"[/center] 5.1.1.1: "I just wanted to apply for recruitment." 5.1.1.2: You fill out the form and hand it to Fannar. (go to 5.1.3) 5.1.1.3: "Actually, nevermind." You hand the form back to Fannar. (go to 2.2) 5.1.1.4: "I just wanted to report an incident..." (go to 3) [center]--- 5.1.1.1: "Really?" Fannar asks with a grin as he takes the form back from you.[/center] 5.1.1.1.1: You answer affirmatively. (go to 1.2) 5.1.1.1.2: "Actually, nevermind." [center]--- 5.1.1.1.2: "Oh. Okay. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Fannar asks.[/center] 5.1.1.1.2.1: "No thank you." 5.1.1.1.2.2: "Yes. Can you tell me more about this place and what you do here?" (go to 1, replace "Oh. Here to learn about the Fuzz, huh?" with "Well, to start, you can call us 'The Fuzz.'") 5.1.1.1.2.3: "Yes. Actually, I would like to report an incident." (go to 3) 5.1.1.1.2.4: "Yes. Could I see what cases are available for people outside the police force?" (go to 4 and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief) [center]--- 5.1.1.1.2.1: "Okay," Fannar agrees with a nod. (go to 1.1.1) --- 5.1.3: "Thank you very much!" Fannar says as he takes the form and files it away. "I'll run it by the chief and try to get you that appointment. If you don't hear back from us, though, it means that the chief had other things to do. Please understand." That done, Fannar looks to you again. "Was there anything else?"[/center] 5.1.3.1: "No, that's all." (go to 5.1.1.1.2.1) (For some reason, it thinks the number is a url. Do not click.) 5.1.3.2: "Yes. Can you tell me more about this place and what you do here?" (go to 1, replace "Oh. Here to learn about the Fuzz, huh?" with "Well, to start, you can call us 'The Fuzz.'") 5.1.3.3: "Well, if [i]you[/i] can help, that would be great. I would like to report an incident." 5.1.3.4: "Well, yes, since the chief isn't available. Would [i]you[/i] be able to show me what cases are available for people outside the police force?" (go to 5.1.3.3) (For some reason, it thinks the number is a url. Do not click.) [center]--- 5.1.3.3: "Oh. Was that what that was about? I can help you with that," the Tundra cheerily tells you. "Would you like me to cancel your appointment?"[/center] 5.1.3.3.1: "No thank you." 5.1.3.3.2: "Yes, please, if you can help me instead." [center]--- 5.1.3.3.1: "Alright, then," Fannar replies with a nod. "I'll keep your appointment intact."[/center] 5.1.3.3.1.1: "Thank you. Now, about that incident..." (go to 3 and replace "Oh." with "Yes.") 5.1.3.3.1.2: "Thank you. Now, about those cases..." (go to 4, get rid of "Oh, I see.", replace "Well," with "Right." and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief) [center]--- 5.1.3.3.2: "Alright, then. I'll make sure you're satisfied before I cancel it, just to make sure you get what you need," Fannar replies.[/center] 5.1.3.3.2.1: "Thank you. Now, about that incident..." (go to 3 and replace "Oh." with "Yes.") 5.1.3.3.2.2: "Thank you. Now, about those cases..." (go to 4, get rid of "Oh, I see.", replace "Well," with "Right." and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief)
The Fuzz
Putting Criminals on Ice

"Hello!" greets a friendly Tundra as you walk into the Eightleaf Town Police Department. He's seated at the front desk and is giving you a warm smile. "Welcome to the Eightleaf Town Police Department! I'm Officer Fannar. How can I help you today?"

29692787_350.png

You reply...
1. "I just wandered in here. What is this place? What goes on here?"
2. "I heard you were recruiting."
3. "Something happened. I'm here to file a report."
4. "I'm a private party looking for a commission. Have any work for me?"
5. "May I please talk to the chief?"

---

1:

"Oh. Here to learn more about the Fuzz, huh? That's what the police here are called," Fannar answers, seeming amused. "I think it's because we're all so fuzzy, bring Tundra dragons and all. Even the chief's half Tundra! That's what he says, anyway. Looks like a woolly Snapper to me."

Fannar takes a moment to enjoy his amusement. Then, his attention returns to you and he nods. "Right. Anyway, this is the police department. We hold criminals and suspects temporarily in cells in the back -- separately, of course. But we don't do permanent imprisonment, here. All criminals convicted in the Southern Icefields are sent to the Fortress of Ends for the Icewarden to try and, if found guilty, hold indefinitely. We only send ones over Town Hall finds guilty, though, unless we send them over to the Sunbeam Ruins. That's in the policy, but it doesn't happen often. It's a long trip, you know, and we're a little understaffed for things like that, so the suspect would have to ask for a trial over there, and..."

He shrugs with an apologetic grin. "Sorry. That's complicated, I know. Anyway, what we do here is we patrol the town to make sure everyone's nice and safe. And if some crime gets underway, we deal with it and stop it, then we hold the suspect for questioning. We run investigations, too, and we're in charge of making sure convicted prisoners within our jurisdiction reach the Fortress of Ends."

He looks over to a bulletin board hanging on the wall. "Local businesses hang advertisements over there, but sometimes problems that need solving get pinned up there, too. Things like missing pets. Right now, we even have a poster pinned up! If you're ever interested in joining the force, you'll want to take a look at it."

The poster the Tundra was talking about shows dragons lined up with stern, serious looks on their faces. Across the top, it reads "The Southern Icefield needs you! Join the police force today!" There's text advising the viewer to visit a local police department for details. In the corner, it shows a spiffy-looking navy blue coat -- the same one Fannar's wearing. By the picture, it says in small letters, "Uniform purchase required."

The Tundra holds up a clipboard to indicate it. "And here, we have forms for people to fill out. The two main kinds we have are crime reports and recruitment forms. If you want to report a crime, you need to fill out a form so that we can keep the information organized. If you want to join our ranks, you'll need to fill out a form for that, too. There's a surprising amount of paperwork involved with this job, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It's actually kind of fun in its own way."

1.1: "I see. Is that all there is to this place?"
1.2: "I see. You know, I am interested in looking at one of those recruitment forms."
1.3: "I see. In that case, can you help me?"

---

1.3:

"Of course. What do you need help with?" Fannar asks.

1.3.1: "I would like to join the Fuzz." (go to 1.2)
1.3.2: "Something happened and I need help." (go to 3)

---

1.1:

"I'm afraid so," Fannar replies with a bit of an apologetic smile. "I can't exactly let you in any farther. You're just a visitor, after all. Still, I hope your visit was informative."

1.1.1: "I see. Well, thank you!"

---

1.1.1:

"Goodbye! Stay safe!" Officer Fannar farewells, "And be sure to let us know if you need any help! That's what we're here for!"

You leave the police station better informed.

---

2:

"Oh! As a matter of fact, we are! Would you like to see the recruitment form?" Fannar asks.

2.1: "Yes, please." (go to 1.2)
2.2: "No, I just wanted to confirm that."
2.3: "No thanks. I changed my mind." (go to 2.2)

---

2.2:

"Oh. Okay," Fannar replies, setting down the clipboard.

(go to 1.1.1)

---

1.2:

"Great!" Fannar exclaims, even cheerier now that he was before. "We're pretty understaffed right now, so it'll be great to have you aboard! Of course, that's if your application gets approved, and that's not my call. Anyway, here you are. Please fill out this form."

You go up to the desk and take the clipboard Officer Fannar hands you.

PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY FILL THIS WHOLE THING OUT. It's mostly just for flavor. (see note below.)
Code:
EIGHTLEAF TOWN POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION FORM Please fill out the form completely as accurately as possible. Please use blue or black ink while filling out this form. NAME: AGE: M/F (circle one) SPECIES: ELEMENT: Mailing Address: Please list any special skills or interests you have. Have you, at any point in time, ever been convicted of a crime? If so, what was the crime? What is the position you are applying for? What is your desired rate of pay? You understand that this job's hours will fluctuate depending on the police station's needs. Y/N (circle one) You understand that you will have to purchase your own uniform and will be required to maintain it. Y/N (circle one) You understand that, should your application be accepted, that you will be required to undergo a physical evaluation. Y/N (circle one) Please attach your resume and cover letter to this form. Please include at least three references. By signing this form, you are stating that the above information is true. You agree that any misinformation is fraudulence and that you will be subjected to a court of law and if found guilty, will accept the results. You also agree that this is an application, not a contract of employment, and that the Eightleaf Town Police Department is under no obligation to hire you. Please sign and date below. _____________________________________________
Note: You will actually have to submit the dragon you want to join the fuzz, though, whether here or by PM. To see the form you're supposed to fill out, please scroll down to the appropriate post. (Hint: it has a bunch of apparel items stamped onto it.)

2.1.1: You fill out the form, attach everything required to it, and hand it over to Fannar.
2.1.2: "Alright. Do you mind if I take this home and send it in later?"
2.1.3: "Do I have to be a resident of Eightleaf Town to work here?"
2.1.4: "I changed my mind." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2)

---

2.1.3:

Fannar nods, looking a little amused. "Well, yes. You have to be on time for work, after all. That'd be hard to do from the Viridian Labyrinth, or wherever else."

2.1.3.1: "I see. Can I fill this out later and send it to you?" (go to 2.1.2)
2.1.3.2: "Nevermind, then." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2)
2.1.3.3: "Okay." You fill out the form, make all necessary attachments, and hand it back to Fannar. (go to 2.1.1)

---

2.1.1:

"Thank you! Wow, you really came prepared, bringing all that extra paperwork. I hope your application gets approved!" Fannar cheerily responds as he takes your form and files it away. "I'll make sure this gets to the chief."

2.1.1.1: "When will I know if my application's been approved?"
2.1.1.2: "Thank you. Goodbye!" (go to 1.1.1)

---

2.1.1.1:

"Oh, we'll let you know when to come in for the physical. It's not that hard -- just a test to make sure you can handle the job, and to let us know where to put you. It includes training, too, so don't worry about not knowing what to do in one situation or another," Fannar replies good-naturedly.

2.1.1.1.1: "Alright. Thank you!" (go to 1.1.1)

---

2.1.2:

"Oh, not at all! Just mail or deliver it to this police station when you're finished with it," Fannar answers agreeably.

2.1.2.1: "Alright. Thank you!" (go to 1.1.1)
2.1.2.2: "Actually, I changed my mind." You hand the clipboard back to Fannar. (go to 2.2)

---

3:

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Here; please fill out this form," Fannar responds, handing you a clipboard. "I wish this was a faster process, but it's better to keep everything organized so that we don't get confused halfway through an investigation."

Code:
EIGHTLEAF TOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT CASE FILE -- INITIAL FORM CASE #____ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) CASE NAME _______________________ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) CASE STATUS _________________ (to be filled in by the Eightleaf Town Police Department) Contact's Name: Nature of the Incident (i.e., theft) Description of the Incident (please include as many details as possible, such as time and location) Victim's Name: Victim's Profile (please include as many details as possible, including length, eye color, occupation, etc.) Any suspects? Suspects' descriptions:
Note: This form you actually do fill out. It will be filed away and initiate an rp for the Fuzz and any private investigators who get involved. Not taking cases at this time.

"I assure you that we'll do our best to resolve this issue in a timely manner, so please leave it to us," Fannar assures you.

3.1: "Thank you." You fill out the form and hand it over to Fannar.
3.2: (to be added when private investigators are unlocked)

---

3.1:

Fannar takes the form and files it away. "I'll make sure this gets to the chief quickly. We'll make sure to start the investigation soon, so don't worry about it. Was there anything else I could help you with?"

3.1.1: "No. That's all; thank you."

---

3.1.1:

Fannar nods. "Alright. Stay safe."

You leave the police station.

---

4:

"Oh, I see. Well, if we have any cases for you, it'd be over there," Fannar replies, indicating the bulletin board on the wall. He hums to himself and his eyes roll up to the ceiling absently as he muses aloud, "Or you could talk to the chief, I guess. He might have something for you..."

4.1: "Thank you. I'll take a look at the bulletin board." You walk over to the bulletin board and take a look as Fannar says "you're welcome" and goes back to sorting through files. (go to the bulletin board, found in a later post)
4.2: "The chief? Is he available?" (go to 5)

---

5:

"Hmm... I don't know. Let me check," Officer Fannar muses before getting up and heading through a door in the back, out of the lobby area and out of sight.

5.1: You wait patiently for Officer Fannar's return.
5.2: You go look at the bulletin board while you wait. (go to the bulletin board, found in a later post, then go to 5.1)

---

5.1:

When Fannar returns, he is alone. He goes back to his place behind his desks and gives you an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, but the chief is busy right now. I'd ask if you would like to make an appointment, but he only does that for official police business. Still, if it's important, he might get back to you if you fill out this form."

Fannar hands you a form.

Code:
Today's Date: Name: Would like an appointment with: Preferred appointment date: Meeting Location: Reason for contact:

5.1.1: "Does everyone have to fill one of these out to talk with him?"
5.1.2: "Actually, nevermind." You hand the form back to Fannar. (go to 2.2)
5.1.3: You fill out the form and hand it to Fannar.

---

5.1.1:

Fannar laughs lightly at the question. "Usually, yes. Even I have to use the form sometimes!"

5.1.1.1: "I just wanted to apply for recruitment."
5.1.1.2: You fill out the form and hand it to Fannar. (go to 5.1.3)
5.1.1.3: "Actually, nevermind." You hand the form back to Fannar. (go to 2.2)
5.1.1.4: "I just wanted to report an incident..." (go to 3)

---

5.1.1.1:

"Really?" Fannar asks with a grin as he takes the form back from you.

5.1.1.1.1: You answer affirmatively. (go to 1.2)
5.1.1.1.2: "Actually, nevermind."

---

5.1.1.1.2:

"Oh. Okay. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Fannar asks.

5.1.1.1.2.1: "No thank you."
5.1.1.1.2.2: "Yes. Can you tell me more about this place and what you do here?" (go to 1, replace "Oh. Here to learn about the Fuzz, huh?" with "Well, to start, you can call us 'The Fuzz.'")
5.1.1.1.2.3: "Yes. Actually, I would like to report an incident." (go to 3)
5.1.1.1.2.4: "Yes. Could I see what cases are available for people outside the police force?" (go to 4 and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief)

---

5.1.1.1.2.1:

"Okay," Fannar agrees with a nod.

(go to 1.1.1)

---

5.1.3:

"Thank you very much!" Fannar says as he takes the form and files it away. "I'll run it by the chief and try to get you that appointment. If you don't hear back from us, though, it means that the chief had other things to do. Please understand."

That done, Fannar looks to you again. "Was there anything else?"

5.1.3.1: "No, that's all." (go to 5.1.1.1.2.1) (For some reason, it thinks the number is a url. Do not click.)
5.1.3.2: "Yes. Can you tell me more about this place and what you do here?" (go to 1, replace "Oh. Here to learn about the Fuzz, huh?" with "Well, to start, you can call us 'The Fuzz.'")
5.1.3.3: "Well, if you can help, that would be great. I would like to report an incident."
5.1.3.4: "Well, yes, since the chief isn't available. Would you be able to show me what cases are available for people outside the police force?" (go to 5.1.3.3) (For some reason, it thinks the number is a url. Do not click.)

---

5.1.3.3:

"Oh. Was that what that was about? I can help you with that," the Tundra cheerily tells you. "Would you like me to cancel your appointment?"

5.1.3.3.1: "No thank you."
5.1.3.3.2: "Yes, please, if you can help me instead."

---

5.1.3.3.1:

"Alright, then," Fannar replies with a nod. "I'll keep your appointment intact."

5.1.3.3.1.1: "Thank you. Now, about that incident..." (go to 3 and replace "Oh." with "Yes.")
5.1.3.3.1.2: "Thank you. Now, about those cases..." (go to 4, get rid of "Oh, I see.", replace "Well," with "Right." and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief)

---

5.1.3.3.2:

"Alright, then. I'll make sure you're satisfied before I cancel it, just to make sure you get what you need," Fannar replies.

5.1.3.3.2.1: "Thank you. Now, about that incident..." (go to 3 and replace "Oh." with "Yes.")
5.1.3.3.2.2: "Thank you. Now, about those cases..." (go to 4, get rid of "Oh, I see.", replace "Well," with "Right." and exclude any options or dialogue having to do with the chief)
The Bulletin Board

There's a poster seemingly perpetually hanging here which shows dragons lined up with stern, serious looks on their faces. Across the top, it reads "The Southern Icefield needs you! Join the police force today!" There's text advising the viewer to visit a local police department for details. In the corner, it shows a spiffy-looking navy blue coat. By the picture, it says in small letters, "Uniform purchase required."

A business card is stuffed into the corner of the board. It's cream-colored with pink graphic designs in the upper left and the lower right corners. These designs seem to be simple, whirling lines with subtle star- and clover-shaped patterns. Also in the lower left corner is a picture of a plate of chocolate chip cookies next to a steaming, plain mug. In the upper left corner is a picture of a white daisy. The text on the card reads "the Lucky Star Cafe" in big, yellow letters, stretched out and arcing across the card's middle. In smaller letters below it, it gives the cafe's address.

It doesn't look like there are any public cases open today.
The Bulletin Board

There's a poster seemingly perpetually hanging here which shows dragons lined up with stern, serious looks on their faces. Across the top, it reads "The Southern Icefield needs you! Join the police force today!" There's text advising the viewer to visit a local police department for details. In the corner, it shows a spiffy-looking navy blue coat. By the picture, it says in small letters, "Uniform purchase required."

A business card is stuffed into the corner of the board. It's cream-colored with pink graphic designs in the upper left and the lower right corners. These designs seem to be simple, whirling lines with subtle star- and clover-shaped patterns. Also in the lower left corner is a picture of a plate of chocolate chip cookies next to a steaming, plain mug. In the upper left corner is a picture of a white daisy. The text on the card reads "the Lucky Star Cafe" in big, yellow letters, stretched out and arcing across the card's middle. In smaller letters below it, it gives the cafe's address.

It doesn't look like there are any public cases open today.
[center]Disclaimer: Some of this text look familiar? You probably read it [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2086477]here[/url], on the main information page for Eightleaf Town. This thread is about the police and detectives based in the version of Sornieth that Eightleaf Town exists in, and so is a subsection of that thread. That means it follows the same lore. Please skim whichever page you read second to save yourself some time and effort. Thank you! (Note: there is a bit more world lore on the main page than on this one, so be careful while skimming!) [u]World Lore[/u] [u]The Southern Icefield[/u] The Southern Icefield's role in Sornieth is a vital one. It has the strongest corrections presence in the world, and the worst convicts in Sornieth are sent to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2170781]Fortress of Ends[/url] for the Icewarden himself to oversee. While each deity has the final say on convicts found within his or her own lands, they often differ the worst of them -- or ones they don't want to have to deal with -- to the Icewarden, who presides over Sornieth's greatest prison: the Fortress of Ends. However, most trials are actually performed by Light dragons and/or the Lightweaver in the Sunbeam Ruins. Whether or not convicts have a right to a trial depends entirely on the whims of whichever deity whose lands they are convicted in. (The Plaguebringer being particularly fond of skipping trials or imprisonment and going straight to sentencing.) The Icewarden keeps around him Ice Sprites to assist him directly, sends Cragward Custodians to manage the Fortress of Ends, keeps Frostbite Hummingbirds handy to communicate quickly with Chiefs of Police all over the Southern Icefield and with his counterparts in other elemental lands, and has recently sent out Frozen Goblins to keep an eye on things outside of his fortress. Chiefs of Police across the Southern Icefield serve the Icewarden, and each one knows how to work with each of these different kinds of familiars, should the need arise. Many, in particular, keep Frozen Goblins or Frostbite Hummingbirds close at hand. They also, for rowdier transports to the fortress, employ the help of the Icewarden's Polarfreeze Defenders. ~~~ Sornieth Lore pulled from: Southern Icefields informational paragraph: The massive, frosted expanse of the Southern Icefield once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the continents watching from above. The Ice[b]warden[/b] and his brood now resist northern threats from the glacial [b]prisons[/b] that [b]they maintain[/b] at the bottom of the world. This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink. The Fortress of Ends informational paragraph: A frigid, unforgiving monument to the archaic past. From out of craggy, inhospitable terrain grow [b]spires of impenetrable ice[/b], covered in hoarfrost. Within these [b]looming towers[/b] exist [b]creatures, horrors, treasures, and even the ice flight's own denizens, [u]trapped forever[/u][/b] in [b]unending preservation[/b]. And they are being [b]watched[/b]... Sunbeam Ruins tooltip: The light dragons of the Sunbeam Ruins are philosophers. They prefer to be [b]unbiased and logical, revealing the nature of the world[/b] as does the rays of the sun. Of all the dragons, light dragons are the most scholarly, [b]holding the pursuit of truth as the highest virtue a dragon might aspire to[/b]. Scrolls and relics are their favored treasures. The Wyrmwound informational paragraph: A veritable cauldron of disease, [b]churned by the Plaguebringer[/b] herself, [b]to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity[/b]. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, [b]wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous.[/b] Ice-Specific Items: Cragward Custodian [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/15875.png[/img] Tooltip: Elemental acolyte of the Icewarden Frigid Fugitive Shackles [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/2481.png[/img] Tooltip: The frozen-over limbs of this dragon are forever bound by frigid shackles. Frostbite Hummingbird [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/669.png[/img] Tooltip: Frostbite hummingbirds are the messengers of the Icewarden. These tiny beings are minor ice spirits and not living, breathing birds at all. Ice Sprite [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/2623.png[/img] Tooltip: Entourage of the Icewarden. Polarfreeze Defender [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/8400.png[/img] Tooltip: Guardian of the Southern Icefield. Frozen Goblin [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/21153.png[/img] Tooltip: The eyes of the Icewarden. [u]Affliliates[/u] In another layer of reality within Sornieth another force serves the Icewarden in the pursuit of justice and order: a group known as the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2225888/1]Wardens[/url]. Though initiates of the Wardens don't know of the policedragons -- or even of these parallel dimensions called "layers" -- all are told in time. Likewise, only those policedragons higher up the chain -- except in special cases -- are aware of the layers, and by extension, the Wardens. However, the policedragons and the Wardens are allies in every way, and will readily come to each other's aid should the need arise.
Disclaimer: Some of this text look familiar? You probably read it here, on the main information page for Eightleaf Town. This thread is about the police and detectives based in the version of Sornieth that Eightleaf Town exists in, and so is a subsection of that thread. That means it follows the same lore. Please skim whichever page you read second to save yourself some time and effort. Thank you! (Note: there is a bit more world lore on the main page than on this one, so be careful while skimming!)

World Lore

The Southern Icefield
The Southern Icefield's role in Sornieth is a vital one. It has the strongest corrections presence in the world, and the worst convicts in Sornieth are sent to the Fortress of Ends for the Icewarden himself to oversee. While each deity has the final say on convicts found within his or her own lands, they often differ the worst of them -- or ones they don't want to have to deal with -- to the Icewarden, who presides over Sornieth's greatest prison: the Fortress of Ends. However, most trials are actually performed by Light dragons and/or the Lightweaver in the Sunbeam Ruins. Whether or not convicts have a right to a trial depends entirely on the whims of whichever deity whose lands they are convicted in. (The Plaguebringer being particularly fond of skipping trials or imprisonment and going straight to sentencing.)

The Icewarden keeps around him Ice Sprites to assist him directly, sends Cragward Custodians to manage the Fortress of Ends, keeps Frostbite Hummingbirds handy to communicate quickly with Chiefs of Police all over the Southern Icefield and with his counterparts in other elemental lands, and has recently sent out Frozen Goblins to keep an eye on things outside of his fortress. Chiefs of Police across the Southern Icefield serve the Icewarden, and each one knows how to work with each of these different kinds of familiars, should the need arise. Many, in particular, keep Frozen Goblins or Frostbite Hummingbirds close at hand. They also, for rowdier transports to the fortress, employ the help of the Icewarden's Polarfreeze Defenders.

~~~

Sornieth Lore pulled from:

Southern Icefields informational paragraph:
The massive, frosted expanse of the Southern Icefield once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the continents watching from above. The Icewarden and his brood now resist northern threats from the glacial prisons that they maintain at the bottom of the world. This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink.

The Fortress of Ends informational paragraph:
A frigid, unforgiving monument to the archaic past. From out of craggy, inhospitable terrain grow spires of impenetrable ice, covered in hoarfrost. Within these looming towers exist creatures, horrors, treasures, and even the ice flight's own denizens, trapped forever in unending preservation. And they are being watched...

Sunbeam Ruins tooltip:
The light dragons of the Sunbeam Ruins are philosophers. They prefer to be unbiased and logical, revealing the nature of the world as does the rays of the sun. Of all the dragons, light dragons are the most scholarly, holding the pursuit of truth as the highest virtue a dragon might aspire to. Scrolls and relics are their favored treasures.

The Wyrmwound informational paragraph:
A veritable cauldron of disease, churned by the Plaguebringer herself, to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous.

Ice-Specific Items:
Cragward Custodian
15875.png
Tooltip: Elemental acolyte of the Icewarden

Frigid Fugitive Shackles
2481.png
Tooltip: The frozen-over limbs of this dragon are forever bound by frigid shackles.

Frostbite Hummingbird
669.png
Tooltip: Frostbite hummingbirds are the messengers of the Icewarden. These tiny beings are minor ice spirits and not living, breathing birds at all.

Ice Sprite
2623.png
Tooltip: Entourage of the Icewarden.

Polarfreeze Defender
8400.png
Tooltip: Guardian of the Southern Icefield.

Frozen Goblin
21153.png
Tooltip: The eyes of the Icewarden.

Affliliates

In another layer of reality within Sornieth another force serves the Icewarden in the pursuit of justice and order: a group known as the Wardens. Though initiates of the Wardens don't know of the policedragons -- or even of these parallel dimensions called "layers" -- all are told in time. Likewise, only those policedragons higher up the chain -- except in special cases -- are aware of the layers, and by extension, the Wardens. However, the policedragons and the Wardens are allies in every way, and will readily come to each other's aid should the need arise.
[center][u]Signing up for the Fuzz[/u] (For the user) So, you're interested in signing up your dragon to join the Eightleaf Police Department? Wonderful! Please post here with this form filled in. [code][b]Dragon:[/b] (a link to the dragon goes here, whether in the form of an image, a word, or just a link) [b]Name:[/b] (the dragon's name goes here) [b]How long has your dragon been on the force?[/b] Is your dragon just being recruited? Has your dragon been a part of Eightleaf Town's police force for a while now? Has your dragon been a police officer elsewhere, and is just being transferred? If so, how long has this dragon been a police officer? [b]Where is/has your dragon stationed?[/b] Eightleaf Town? Somewhere else in the Southern Icefield? In another region? [b]Please provide a brief summary of your dragon and his/her intended role on the force.[/b] I.e., Officer Fannar is a relatively new recruit to the Eightleaf Town Police Department. He works the front desk a lot, but also walks a beat, and gets called in for missions. [b]Please provide a brief description of your dragon's personality and reputation.[/b] I.e., Officer Fannar is friendly, cheery, and optimistic. He's laid-back, but not lazy, and he has proven that he can be relied upon. [b]Which pieces of apparel that is currently available would you like?[/b] Please see the list below.[/code] Also, please note that I have the right to reject any applications you send in. It's unlikely, for example, that I'll let a serial killer onto the force. So, please be realistic when sending these in. [u]Uniform[/u] The following is the uniform for Southern Icefield policedragons and is [i]required[/i] to be worn whenever said dragons are on duty. Wear it proudly! [item=navy aviator coat] In addition, non-Tundras must wear some combination of the following. (This section may be updated from time to time.) coats [item=white wooly coat][item=black wooly coat][item=brown wooly coat][item=orange wooly coat][item=pink wooly coat][item=scarlet wooly coat][item=plum wooly coat][item=blue wooly coat][item=chartreuse wooly coat] tails [item=white wooly tail][item=black wooly tail][item=brown wooly tail][item=orange wooly tail][item=pink wooly tail][item=scarlet wooly tail][item=plum wooly tail][item=blue wooly tail][item=chartreuse wooly tail] arms [item=roving seafarer's armcuffs][item=raider's fur armwraps][item=pillager's fur armwraps] legs [item=roving seafarer's legcuffs][item=raider's fur legwraps][item=pillager's fur legwraps] Note: To dragons who need help acquiring the specified apparel, I do have some stores, and they will be handed out, free of charge, to registered policedragons on a first come, first serve basis. Here are the pieces I have in stock right now: - White Wooly Coat x2 - Brown Wooly Coat x2 - White Wooly Tail x1 - Brown Wooly Tail x1 - Roving Seafarer's Armcuffs x1 Any other apparel is optional. That is, your dragon is not limited solely to these items. They just have to be prominent on your dragon if your dragon is on duty. [u]Stationed Elsewhere[/u] Interested in the concept, but would rather be stationed somewhere else? Not a problem! Please keep in mind that the Southern Icefield is the corrections capital of Sornieth, however, due to the role and nature of the Icewarden. As such, whether your dragon works in another town, in another jurisdiction, or in an entirely different region under a different deity, the police of the Southern Icefield are both the elite and the most plentiful. In short, there will be fewer police dragons in other regions. (Just as there are more scholars in the Sunbeam Ruins than in other regions, and more electricians in the Shifting Expanse.) In short, you're not going to get as much backup outside of the Southern Icefield as you would inside of it. (Not that policedragons from other regions don't ask for help from the Southern Icefield policedragons.) However, if your dragon works within the Icewarden's lands, you're connected to a vast network of policedragons. In short, please keep the world lore, described above, in mind. Furthermore, the Navy Aviator Coat is the uniform for [i]Southern Icefield policedragons[/i]. I haven't worked out the uniforms for policedragons in other regions.
Signing up for the Fuzz
(For the user)

So, you're interested in signing up your dragon to join the Eightleaf Police Department? Wonderful! Please post here with this form filled in.
Code:
[b]Dragon:[/b] (a link to the dragon goes here, whether in the form of an image, a word, or just a link) [b]Name:[/b] (the dragon's name goes here) [b]How long has your dragon been on the force?[/b] Is your dragon just being recruited? Has your dragon been a part of Eightleaf Town's police force for a while now? Has your dragon been a police officer elsewhere, and is just being transferred? If so, how long has this dragon been a police officer? [b]Where is/has your dragon stationed?[/b] Eightleaf Town? Somewhere else in the Southern Icefield? In another region? [b]Please provide a brief summary of your dragon and his/her intended role on the force.[/b] I.e., Officer Fannar is a relatively new recruit to the Eightleaf Town Police Department. He works the front desk a lot, but also walks a beat, and gets called in for missions. [b]Please provide a brief description of your dragon's personality and reputation.[/b] I.e., Officer Fannar is friendly, cheery, and optimistic. He's laid-back, but not lazy, and he has proven that he can be relied upon. [b]Which pieces of apparel that is currently available would you like?[/b] Please see the list below.

Also, please note that I have the right to reject any applications you send in. It's unlikely, for example, that I'll let a serial killer onto the force. So, please be realistic when sending these in.

Uniform

The following is the uniform for Southern Icefield policedragons and is required to be worn whenever said dragons are on duty. Wear it proudly!

Navy Aviator Coat

In addition, non-Tundras must wear some combination of the following.
(This section may be updated from time to time.)

coats
White Wooly Coat Black Wooly Coat Brown Wooly Coat Orange Wooly Coat Pink Wooly Coat Scarlet Wooly Coat Plum Wooly Coat Blue Wooly Coat Chartreuse Wooly Coat

tails
White Wooly Tail Black Wooly Tail Brown Wooly Tail Orange Wooly Tail Pink Wooly Tail Scarlet Wooly Tail Plum Wooly Tail Blue Wooly Tail Chartreuse Wooly Tail

arms
Roving Seafarer's Armcuffs Raider's Fur Armwraps Pillager's Fur Armwraps

legs
Roving Seafarer's Legcuffs Raider's Fur Legwraps Pillager's Fur Legwraps

Note: To dragons who need help acquiring the specified apparel, I do have some stores, and they will be handed out, free of charge, to registered policedragons on a first come, first serve basis.

Here are the pieces I have in stock right now:
- White Wooly Coat x2
- Brown Wooly Coat x2
- White Wooly Tail x1
- Brown Wooly Tail x1
- Roving Seafarer's Armcuffs x1

Any other apparel is optional. That is, your dragon is not limited solely to these items. They just have to be prominent on your dragon if your dragon is on duty.

Stationed Elsewhere

Interested in the concept, but would rather be stationed somewhere else? Not a problem! Please keep in mind that the Southern Icefield is the corrections capital of Sornieth, however, due to the role and nature of the Icewarden. As such, whether your dragon works in another town, in another jurisdiction, or in an entirely different region under a different deity, the police of the Southern Icefield are both the elite and the most plentiful. In short, there will be fewer police dragons in other regions. (Just as there are more scholars in the Sunbeam Ruins than in other regions, and more electricians in the Shifting Expanse.) In short, you're not going to get as much backup outside of the Southern Icefield as you would inside of it. (Not that policedragons from other regions don't ask for help from the Southern Icefield policedragons.) However, if your dragon works within the Icewarden's lands, you're connected to a vast network of policedragons. In short, please keep the world lore, described above, in mind.

Furthermore, the Navy Aviator Coat is the uniform for Southern Icefield policedragons. I haven't worked out the uniforms for policedragons in other regions.
[center][u]Registered Policedragons[/u][/center] [quote][u]Grip[/u] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28318173] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283182/28318173_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Chief of Police at Eightleaf Town[/quote] [quote][u]Fannar[/u] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29692787] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296928/29692787_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Eightleaf Town Policedragon[/quote]
Registered Policedragons

Quote:
Grip Chief of Police at Eightleaf Town
Quote:
Fannar Eightleaf Town Policedragon
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved