Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Albus' Progression -- Short Story
1 2
Hello! So, ever write up a bio and realize it's way too long? That's what happened to me, even though I tried to condense it. So, I decided to just post the piece here. I hope you enjoy it! Note: I did not actually scroll this guy at all. He came as Ice/Mantis/Royal Clown/Eye Spots/Circuit. I did make his coat and goggles, though. Edit: Fixed minor typos (Made capitalization consistent, completed an incomplete sentence etc.) and added the last line since I forgot to put it in there initially. Edit2: Fixed a typo. [center][u]Albus' Progression[/u][/center] A Lightning dragon and a Light dragon had come together, and formed a single egg. The hatchling which came from it had no siblings, and though he was a Coatl, neither he nor his parents possessed any magic from the Flamecaller, having each hatched away from the Ashfall Waste. The hatchling was fairly normal and healthy, with beautiful white feathers and scales. The two dragons never formed another clutch. Their son was named Albus. The small family of Coatls did not stay in the wood, however, and as they traveled, Albus grew. He was always a dreamer, and almost more frequent than "Why?" he asked "Why not?" The more they traveled, the more he learned. The Starfall Isles and the Shifting Expanse were particularly interesting to the growing Coatl. It was there that he was exposed to magic and science, respectively. He was quickly consumed by the topics. The little Coatl family unit dissolved one day. Ariel, Albus' mother, succumbed to the deeply-ingrained call of the Flamecaller, and went to serve her. Tsukuyomi, Albus' father, went to settle in the Sunbeam Ruins. Albus had already been studying every textbook and ancient tome he could get his claws on, so his decision to begin studying under the alchemist, Baldwin, came as no surprise. Despite how unique the family of Coatls had been, however, Albus had always felt a little distant from his parents. It was like there was some barrier there -- something that kept him from truly bonding with them. He loved them, yes, but not as much as he felt he should have. Albus got along well with his fellow apprentices. They were always busy discovering new things, coming up with new theories, and keeping up on the latest breakthroughs. He still sent letters to his parents, however. And as he studied, Albus found himself more and more asking that same question from his childhood: "Why not?" The more Albus discovered, the more he realized just how malleable Sornieth was. And not just the planet, but the perceived laws that held the conception of reality in place. Albus became more aggressive in his studies, cross-referencing teachings of magic, machine, and alchemy. He began to lose interest in other things, including maintaining his personal relationships with other dragons. Albus stopped writing to his parents. Many years slipped away. Albus' question became insatiable. "Why not?" The answers that came up were unsatisfactory. There was no reason for it. When lightning struck Bladwin's cauldron, that confirmed it. Science, alchemy, magic... These powerful forces, which changed the unchangeable, could be harnessed as one. With such power, nothing was impossible. The gods struggled to dominate one another, each so distant from the day-to-day lives of those who lived in the world they created. Did they even have a claim on it anymore? If one could change the world, would they even care? And even if they did care, who was to say that they could not be overcome with the combined power of science, magic, and alchemy? "Why not?" It then became so clear... Sornieth had no master. It was a chaotic mass of powers colliding with one another, aimlessly tossing itself about. If one could master the forces that influenced the world, one could achieve anything he desired. The world was unclaimed, sitting by the wayside. Why not pick it up? Albus gained a goal. He sought to study and control these forces on the world. But to truly understand them -- to truly control them...he needed to become [i]more[/i]. More than just a dragon limited to Shadow magic. Albus procured a lab in the Shifting Expanse. Genius was never appreciated without results. Many may have called him mad, or blasphemous, appalled by his audacity to challenge the way the gods designated Sornieth and how dragons interacted with it. He kept his studies and experiments secret. Being a Shadow dragon helped...but it was still so limited. Why should dragons be confined so? After this...after he succeeded, the world would be cast in a new light. The potential was endless. Flights would mean nothing. The beastclans would mean nothing. No boundaries would exist anymore. Time passed. Every sleepless night, he grew closer to it. He understood the biology of the Nature Flight, the machinery of the Lightning Flight, the craftsmanship of the Fire Flight, the magic of the Arcane Flight... He saw how they interacted with the world around them, and how they interacted with the dragons who controlled them. He was so close, now... These, he had chosen to join with his own. Shadow... No longer would he be merely a Shadow dragon. He would master whatever element he chose, and continue to study it, to understand its properties as only a wielder could. Finally, it came. That fateful night... Alchemy. Machinery. Magic... Lightning magic surged through the machines. Nature magic lent itself to biology already. Such an experiment... If the others saw it before its success, he would be thought mad for sure. The surge of power... The runestones he had gathered for this purpose... Alchemy would bind it all together into one organism. This organism would gain the same attributes as Lightning- and Nature-attuned creatures. This organism...was Albus. Power surged through his instruments and materials, breaking it down for optimal absorption. And then it enveloped him. It was like taking a deep breath after having been asleep. Albus could feel the magic filling him. It was so...natural. So breathtaking... So...heavy. Like he was underneath a great waterfall... Something filled his wings. Something from within him awoke. The raw magic was unstable. He transformed... He must have blacked out. The room certainly had. There was only a green glow, not unlike the unstable materials of the alchemist. Albus looked over... His feathers... It was his feathers. They were glowing a bright green...but it looked like there were...cracks? No, his wings still functioned normally...ish. They were warmer, now, though not much. The light faded towards the tips, and the light seemed a little...polluted...rather than being one, solid color. Circles and dots were also mixed in, like bubbles found in gels, or like stains. There were also other obstructions to the light -- more...uniform-looking ones. Shadowy makings curved and struck across his wings, blocking out the light behind them. Wait... Was that...circuitry? Yes, he was sure of it now. Dark circuitry... It was...an unexpected result, for sure. But what of what he [i]had[/i] expected? Albus took in a breath. Feeling a warmth inside of him, ancient and primal as he concentrated, he attempted to release his inborn magic. What puffed out from his mouth...was a plume of purple, shadowy fire. It worked... It worked!! Like the first Coatls, Albus had access to the lines of Fire magic which circled Sornieth! It seemed to be combined or tainted with his Shadow magic, but in time, he was certain that he could understand the phenomenon. For now, he was not merely a Shadow dragon anymore. He was both Shadow and Fire. Something surged through his wings. A little startled, Albus looked to them. A faint glow was leaving the dark circuitry. Curious, he forced his inborn power through the lines. As the circuitry began to glow purple, Albus instinctively knew that he was accessing Shadow and Lightning lines of magic. Nature and Arcane, too, were within him... Albus had five elements. Roughly half of the known magicks were at his disposal. It was considered impossible...but he had done it! A smugness welled up within the Coatl. Thinking of Sornieth's deities, he scoffed. So many accepted the way things were just because it had been that way for so long. No one had even [i]tried[/i] achieving magical attunement on their own! But look at him now... The deities had no hold over the dragons of Sornieth except what the dragons limited themselves to! Albus had done what no one else had -- what the gods had never allowed. Even the [i]gods[/i] were each confined to a single element! And if that was the case...then why shouldn't [i]he[/i] join them? Why couldn't he be a god? The god of ingenuity... The god of change... No... The god of [i]progress[/i]. That's what he would be. And he would surpass the gods. For thousands of years, the old gods had remained the same. That or they were stuck in a pillar. They never improved. But here, one of their [i]creations[/i] had become their equal. He would continue to improve and they would remain the same. He would become-- No. That was just it. He would simply [i]become[/i]. And he would not stop "becoming." Feathers smoothly folded down in self-importance, Albus leisurely considered the gods and their magic in turn. He was a dragon of progress. The elements he had already gathered reflected this. The dragons of the Lightning "Flight" -- what a farce -- were inventors. They understood progress. Likewise, the metalworkers of the Fire Flight. Arcane dragons were always experimenting and seeking. He approved of that. Nature was obvious about it, always seeking to expand. And Shadow... He had made good use of Shadow's deceitful nature. He would accept it. But what value did the others hold to him? "The Monument Builders" of the Earth Flight... Pah! What had they really built recently that was worth any mention? They clung to the past. There was no place for them among the new god. And the Water dragons? The Tidelord himself always sequestered himself away, muttering prophesies and doing nothing productive with his knowledge. Such insight was just as well unknown if one was not going to use it. Albus discounted them. Plague dragons wasted time, energy, and health bashing their skulls against one another and destroying what was around them. Worthless. They would all kill each other eventually. The dragons of the Ice Flight preserved the past, much like the Earth dragons. Albus had no use for them. The Light Flight. They weren't so different from the Water Flight, attaining knowledge just to gain knowledge. Useless. The Wind dragons were even worse about it, being more like the Plague Flight in that they piddled away their time on meaningless, pointless activities, never truly achieving anything. No, Albus was satisfied with the magicks he had collected. Now, it was time to formally announce himself to his new peers. They were easy to locate. After all, each deity never left their preferred abodes in their respective territories. He was certain they would be in awe that one of their creations had attained such heights. However, it was not so. Albus was seen as inconsequential, arrogant, a curiosity, a nuisance...but not a peer. In his rage, Albus made war on the gods and their flights...and he was captured by dragons of the Ice Flight. The gods didn't even intervene. Albus was furious, but he couldn't ignore the results of his failure. No good scientist would. He was not a god. He was a dragon...defeated by dragons. Albus was taken to the Fortress of Ends and locked away in one of its many cells. He was contemptuous and bitter, but defeated. As he resigned himself to his eternal prison, with the walls and bars made from ice which would never melt, Albus huddled in on himself, preserving as much warmth as he was able to. His wings helped, but he knew that he was still mortal. One day, maybe in a week, he would likely be nothing more than a frozen corpse. His wings still radiated light and a little bit of heat, but it would not be enough. He was regretting his decision not to become an ice dragon when he had had the chance. They would be able to survive any cold... Time went by. Day by day, Albus awoke to the same, frigid cell. He was certain that he would never use his hands or feet again, as they had frozen over. He was always tired. Hope was a dream. He would never survive this place... He gazed down upon his striped body and black lab coat. He had been in the same monotonous environment for so long, now, that his eyes were playing tricks on him. His white scales looked like they had turned a light blue, like the ice all around him... He stared at himself a while longer... Then, his tired eyes slowly widened in astonishment. A bewildered, malicious smile twisted its way across his face. His body had adapted on its own, without needing to repeat the experiment, and had taken on an icy hue. He was an Ice dragon now, too...and perhaps he would survive this fortress after all. Long enough to escape...and to seek vengeance against those who had trapped him there. "Why not?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28223215] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/282233/28223215_350.png[/img] [/url]
Hello! So, ever write up a bio and realize it's way too long? That's what happened to me, even though I tried to condense it. So, I decided to just post the piece here. I hope you enjoy it!

Note: I did not actually scroll this guy at all. He came as Ice/Mantis/Royal Clown/Eye Spots/Circuit. I did make his coat and goggles, though.

Edit: Fixed minor typos (Made capitalization consistent, completed an incomplete sentence etc.) and added the last line since I forgot to put it in there initially.
Edit2: Fixed a typo.

Albus' Progression

A Lightning dragon and a Light dragon had come together, and formed a single egg. The hatchling which came from it had no siblings, and though he was a Coatl, neither he nor his parents possessed any magic from the Flamecaller, having each hatched away from the Ashfall Waste. The hatchling was fairly normal and healthy, with beautiful white feathers and scales. The two dragons never formed another clutch. Their son was named Albus.

The small family of Coatls did not stay in the wood, however, and as they traveled, Albus grew. He was always a dreamer, and almost more frequent than "Why?" he asked "Why not?" The more they traveled, the more he learned. The Starfall Isles and the Shifting Expanse were particularly interesting to the growing Coatl. It was there that he was exposed to magic and science, respectively. He was quickly consumed by the topics.

The little Coatl family unit dissolved one day. Ariel, Albus' mother, succumbed to the deeply-ingrained call of the Flamecaller, and went to serve her. Tsukuyomi, Albus' father, went to settle in the Sunbeam Ruins. Albus had already been studying every textbook and ancient tome he could get his claws on, so his decision to begin studying under the alchemist, Baldwin, came as no surprise.

Despite how unique the family of Coatls had been, however, Albus had always felt a little distant from his parents. It was like there was some barrier there -- something that kept him from truly bonding with them. He loved them, yes, but not as much as he felt he should have.

Albus got along well with his fellow apprentices. They were always busy discovering new things, coming up with new theories, and keeping up on the latest breakthroughs. He still sent letters to his parents, however. And as he studied, Albus found himself more and more asking that same question from his childhood: "Why not?"

The more Albus discovered, the more he realized just how malleable Sornieth was. And not just the planet, but the perceived laws that held the conception of reality in place. Albus became more aggressive in his studies, cross-referencing teachings of magic, machine, and alchemy. He began to lose interest in other things, including maintaining his personal relationships with other dragons. Albus stopped writing to his parents.

Many years slipped away. Albus' question became insatiable. "Why not?" The answers that came up were unsatisfactory. There was no reason for it. When lightning struck Bladwin's cauldron, that confirmed it. Science, alchemy, magic... These powerful forces, which changed the unchangeable, could be harnessed as one. With such power, nothing was impossible. The gods struggled to dominate one another, each so distant from the day-to-day lives of those who lived in the world they created. Did they even have a claim on it anymore? If one could change the world, would they even care? And even if they did care, who was to say that they could not be overcome with the combined power of science, magic, and alchemy? "Why not?"

It then became so clear... Sornieth had no master. It was a chaotic mass of powers colliding with one another, aimlessly tossing itself about. If one could master the forces that influenced the world, one could achieve anything he desired. The world was unclaimed, sitting by the wayside. Why not pick it up?

Albus gained a goal. He sought to study and control these forces on the world. But to truly understand them -- to truly control them...he needed to become more. More than just a dragon limited to Shadow magic.

Albus procured a lab in the Shifting Expanse. Genius was never appreciated without results. Many may have called him mad, or blasphemous, appalled by his audacity to challenge the way the gods designated Sornieth and how dragons interacted with it. He kept his studies and experiments secret. Being a Shadow dragon helped...but it was still so limited. Why should dragons be confined so? After this...after he succeeded, the world would be cast in a new light. The potential was endless. Flights would mean nothing. The beastclans would mean nothing. No boundaries would exist anymore.

Time passed. Every sleepless night, he grew closer to it. He understood the biology of the Nature Flight, the machinery of the Lightning Flight, the craftsmanship of the Fire Flight, the magic of the Arcane Flight... He saw how they interacted with the world around them, and how they interacted with the dragons who controlled them. He was so close, now... These, he had chosen to join with his own. Shadow... No longer would he be merely a Shadow dragon. He would master whatever element he chose, and continue to study it, to understand its properties as only a wielder could.

Finally, it came. That fateful night... Alchemy. Machinery. Magic... Lightning magic surged through the machines. Nature magic lent itself to biology already. Such an experiment... If the others saw it before its success, he would be thought mad for sure. The surge of power... The runestones he had gathered for this purpose... Alchemy would bind it all together into one organism. This organism would gain the same attributes as Lightning- and Nature-attuned creatures. This organism...was Albus. Power surged through his instruments and materials, breaking it down for optimal absorption. And then it enveloped him.

It was like taking a deep breath after having been asleep. Albus could feel the magic filling him. It was so...natural. So breathtaking... So...heavy. Like he was underneath a great waterfall... Something filled his wings. Something from within him awoke. The raw magic was unstable. He transformed...

He must have blacked out. The room certainly had. There was only a green glow, not unlike the unstable materials of the alchemist. Albus looked over... His feathers... It was his feathers. They were glowing a bright green...but it looked like there were...cracks? No, his wings still functioned normally...ish. They were warmer, now, though not much. The light faded towards the tips, and the light seemed a little...polluted...rather than being one, solid color. Circles and dots were also mixed in, like bubbles found in gels, or like stains. There were also other obstructions to the light -- more...uniform-looking ones. Shadowy makings curved and struck across his wings, blocking out the light behind them. Wait... Was that...circuitry? Yes, he was sure of it now. Dark circuitry... It was...an unexpected result, for sure. But what of what he had expected?

Albus took in a breath. Feeling a warmth inside of him, ancient and primal as he concentrated, he attempted to release his inborn magic. What puffed out from his mouth...was a plume of purple, shadowy fire.

It worked... It worked!! Like the first Coatls, Albus had access to the lines of Fire magic which circled Sornieth! It seemed to be combined or tainted with his Shadow magic, but in time, he was certain that he could understand the phenomenon. For now, he was not merely a Shadow dragon anymore. He was both Shadow and Fire.

Something surged through his wings. A little startled, Albus looked to them. A faint glow was leaving the dark circuitry. Curious, he forced his inborn power through the lines. As the circuitry began to glow purple, Albus instinctively knew that he was accessing Shadow and Lightning lines of magic. Nature and Arcane, too, were within him... Albus had five elements.

Roughly half of the known magicks were at his disposal. It was considered impossible...but he had done it! A smugness welled up within the Coatl. Thinking of Sornieth's deities, he scoffed. So many accepted the way things were just because it had been that way for so long. No one had even tried achieving magical attunement on their own! But look at him now... The deities had no hold over the dragons of Sornieth except what the dragons limited themselves to! Albus had done what no one else had -- what the gods had never allowed. Even the gods were each confined to a single element! And if that was the case...then why shouldn't he join them? Why couldn't he be a god?

The god of ingenuity... The god of change... No... The god of progress. That's what he would be. And he would surpass the gods. For thousands of years, the old gods had remained the same. That or they were stuck in a pillar. They never improved. But here, one of their creations had become their equal. He would continue to improve and they would remain the same. He would become-- No. That was just it. He would simply become. And he would not stop "becoming."

Feathers smoothly folded down in self-importance, Albus leisurely considered the gods and their magic in turn. He was a dragon of progress. The elements he had already gathered reflected this. The dragons of the Lightning "Flight" -- what a farce -- were inventors. They understood progress. Likewise, the metalworkers of the Fire Flight. Arcane dragons were always experimenting and seeking. He approved of that. Nature was obvious about it, always seeking to expand. And Shadow... He had made good use of Shadow's deceitful nature. He would accept it. But what value did the others hold to him?

"The Monument Builders" of the Earth Flight... Pah! What had they really built recently that was worth any mention? They clung to the past. There was no place for them among the new god. And the Water dragons? The Tidelord himself always sequestered himself away, muttering prophesies and doing nothing productive with his knowledge. Such insight was just as well unknown if one was not going to use it. Albus discounted them. Plague dragons wasted time, energy, and health bashing their skulls against one another and destroying what was around them. Worthless. They would all kill each other eventually. The dragons of the Ice Flight preserved the past, much like the Earth dragons. Albus had no use for them. The Light Flight. They weren't so different from the Water Flight, attaining knowledge just to gain knowledge. Useless. The Wind dragons were even worse about it, being more like the Plague Flight in that they piddled away their time on meaningless, pointless activities, never truly achieving anything.

No, Albus was satisfied with the magicks he had collected. Now, it was time to formally announce himself to his new peers. They were easy to locate. After all, each deity never left their preferred abodes in their respective territories. He was certain they would be in awe that one of their creations had attained such heights.

However, it was not so. Albus was seen as inconsequential, arrogant, a curiosity, a nuisance...but not a peer. In his rage, Albus made war on the gods and their flights...and he was captured by dragons of the Ice Flight. The gods didn't even intervene. Albus was furious, but he couldn't ignore the results of his failure. No good scientist would. He was not a god. He was a dragon...defeated by dragons.

Albus was taken to the Fortress of Ends and locked away in one of its many cells. He was contemptuous and bitter, but defeated. As he resigned himself to his eternal prison, with the walls and bars made from ice which would never melt, Albus huddled in on himself, preserving as much warmth as he was able to. His wings helped, but he knew that he was still mortal. One day, maybe in a week, he would likely be nothing more than a frozen corpse. His wings still radiated light and a little bit of heat, but it would not be enough. He was regretting his decision not to become an ice dragon when he had had the chance. They would be able to survive any cold...

Time went by. Day by day, Albus awoke to the same, frigid cell. He was certain that he would never use his hands or feet again, as they had frozen over. He was always tired. Hope was a dream. He would never survive this place... He gazed down upon his striped body and black lab coat. He had been in the same monotonous environment for so long, now, that his eyes were playing tricks on him. His white scales looked like they had turned a light blue, like the ice all around him...

He stared at himself a while longer... Then, his tired eyes slowly widened in astonishment. A bewildered, malicious smile twisted its way across his face. His body had adapted on its own, without needing to repeat the experiment, and had taken on an icy hue. He was an Ice dragon now, too...and perhaps he would survive this fortress after all. Long enough to escape...and to seek vengeance against those who had trapped him there.

"Why not?"

28223215_350.png
Love this!
Love this!
Hl87sOx.jpg
This story is the definition of creativity. Beautifully written!
This story is the definition of creativity. Beautifully written!
[s]*is personally offended as a Plague dragon* WE ARE THE CHANGE, THE ADAPTATION![/s] I love EEEEETT! [img]http://i.imgur.com/Di3tA0G.gif[/img]
*is personally offended as a Plague dragon* WE ARE THE CHANGE, THE ADAPTATION!

I love EEEEETT!
Di3tA0G.gif
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@OrphanedxBubbles @Thefallenllama @Zygon

Wow! Thank you so much! :D I'm humbled by your compliments. And very glad you enjoyed it!
@OrphanedxBubbles @Thefallenllama @Zygon

Wow! Thank you so much! :D I'm humbled by your compliments. And very glad you enjoyed it!
Your welcome! @Cryoluxa
Your welcome! @Cryoluxa
*You're* @Cryoluxa
*You're* @Cryoluxa
[center][u]Art[/u] So, Albus wound up getting some art done (more than just the little adoptable I colored in) so I decided to put that here, too. May as well, eh? Thanks for the gift, Miss Fizzle! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2090929][img]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/OrphanedxBubbles/image_zpsfnuh3ag9.jpeg[/img][/url] Also, scroll down to see a gift from onionbulb! (Since she posted it here, herself, and it's a large picture.) And here is yet another gift from the very talented onionbulb! [img]http://i.imgur.com/oNhUxYQ.png[/img] Thank you very much, akrimau, for the awesome fanart! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=185628][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/af8dbee5e2d3d901d931774dbe7cb54b/tumblr_inline_pda1q294S21slm5nm_540.png[/img][/url] Temere did this lovely piece! What an interesting interpretation. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2657191/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/eYVd9LE.jpg[/img][/url] I love the inspiration Crayzy took from Albus story! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2795424/15#post_44243050][img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/70/9a/f1/709af15a009911b702976150db8b69c6.jpg[/img][/url] [u]Forum Fame[/u] Thread found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2088300/1]here[/url] -- page 5 (Also featured in the opening post highlights.) [quote name="Cryoluxa" date=2017-01-09 08:06:10]Icemanroy. Oh my gosh. ICEMAN ROY. Sounds like a mobster or something. XD[/quote] [quote name="Disillusionist" date=2017-01-09 08:47:31]I laughed way too hard at ICEMAN ROY. "We call him Roy 'cause he's the king. Don't cross him now, or he'll put you on ICE!"[/quote] Thread found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1791820/1]here[/url] -- page 29 [quote name="Zebrafinch" date=2017-05-30 17:13:41] I think this would be a difficult fight to predict, but Albus certainly seems to have the upper hand with a greater tactical skill and numerous types of magic on his side. With his magic, skill, and patience, and so as long as he is cautious, he would have no problem winning a fight with Lovell. However I have to give Lovell some credit, as in the right scenario Albus wouldn't have a chance. Especially if Lovell were to overcome Albus by force and not allow him time to come up with a plan of attack.[/quote] Thread found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2752604/5#post_40656178]here[/url]. [quote name="Aterna" date="2019-09-17 19:55:51" ] Anyways i read the lore on Albus and... whoa. Really it is a fantastic read i feel. The way he experimented on himself with tools of magic and science to achieve being multi elemental is really unique. Albus is very ambitious and driven to his goal, pushing others aside and becoming a bit arrogant at the success of his experiments, which i think really solidifies his personality in well manner. You get the idea of who he was and who he became over time in a really nice and fluent way making it very enjoyable! Good job on the lore and i love your writing style~ The dragon himself is also wonderfully unique. Literally too! I love how the Circuit mixes with his wings, and boldly streaks his Ice Tiger primary. His apparel is well made too, simple, getting the point across of who he is, and matching his lore. A really pretty dragon! [/quote] He was [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2770177#post_41073007]interviewed[/url]. Recognized for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2873312/1#post_43646944]pulling off his genes well[/url]. [quote name="Sevi" date="2020-06-12 19:36:01" ] albus is now MY favorite too, what kind of dragon can manage to make clown, eyespots AND circuit work???? [/quote] I'm just so [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2888267/1#post_44051344]complimented[/url]. ;-; [quote name="fluteloops0329" date="2020-07-16 20:26:18" ] Albus's lore is so amazing! The fact that a dragon could be kept prisoner in a clan is not something I had thought of before. The way that he fell deeper and deeper into his research reminds me of a lot of professional books I have had to read for school. Great job! Also, Albus is gorgeous! [/quote] Other dragons I have are mentioned in this, too, but I'll just leave this here. :) Original post [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2892150/3#post_44157441]here[/url]. [quote name="Shatapatrika" date="2020-07-27 13:57:33" ] You are an incredibly gifted writer! I was blown away by Albus’ story in particular, although I also really enjoyed Anafuleksi’s as well. Good spooky music too. Rhamantus... wow. Also... I kinda want a clockwork souvenir now although I have no idea what I’d do with one, but isn’t that the nature of such baubles? :) I haven’t written anything since I made the lore for Syet and The Fallen in my den, but you make me want to flex my writing muscles and create some new stories. As for Esmira - I SEE YOU, VILLAIN!! I’ve seen you post her in a few other threads and know to steer far clear of her, lol. Looks like she’s accumulated quite the rap sheet. [/quote] [quote name="Jorbat" date="2022-06-13 04:32:18" ] (was like 40 on Albus lol) Albus is amazing, fantastic job! I'll read up on a little of his lore after typing this :P I love his look, everything just works :D[/quote] [quote name="QuackemsGO" date="2024-03-09 14:01:10" ] That's a neat detail on the wegg pattern! I took a look at the parents for both and pretty neat seeing the one offspring in the lists. Also love how it all connects with the parents/grandparents lore as well! [/quote] ----- Attended a science convention in the Southern Icefield (gutsy, yeah) alongside an (unpaid) intern. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2770388/8#post_41096941][img]https://i.imgur.com/BnGsdTh.png[/img][/url] This also happened: ~~~ Day 1 - between being welcomed and going to the table. As Harper and Albus introduced themselves, earning a few intrigued looks of the surrounding dragons. One of the attendee even gave them a welcome drink! How nice! There’s a little… uhh mushroom in place of the usual paper umbrella? Who uses mushroom for decoration? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637028993232666624/637929609714860056/Screen_Shot_2019-10-27_at_3.24.16_PM.png[/img] They: >Drink the beverage and eat the shroom (don’t try this at home) >Only drink, leave out the shroom (this option is safe but is also the least interesting one /wink wink/) >Take the shroom (also don’t try this at home) Albus identifies the mushroom and politely removes it and slips it into a little box for later. Harper sniffs the drink while Albus casually inquires what sort it is before taking further action. It was a smart move for them to avoid eating any suspicious item, after all, its only quite early into the convention, wouldn't want anything to happen to ruin the fun. Plus, free shroom! Right? x10 All-Seeing Shroom get! ----- One day, Albus heard of a cult of Pearlcatchers called Black Pearls who shared in his single-minded pursuit of advancement and approached them to learn more. The group had uncovered an extra-dimensional space called the Black Spiral, and it was unsafe for any besides Pearlcatchers to enter. That said, they were uncovering an absolute wealth of knowledge from within the rift. As such, Albus expressed his approval, as well as a proposition. Many of the veritable researchers of the Black Pearls were delving into infernal magicks, but (though they did have scientists of their own) none were as well-versed nor adept in the sciences and integration with magic and alchemy as he was. He offered his services in researching what was uncovered using said acumen, provided the Black Pearls submitted their new discoveries to him to study. Together, they would be able to learn much more, much more quickly, than either party attempting to do so alone. The Black Pearls were pleased with this plan and agreed to the proposal. Now, though not a Black Pearl himself, Albus is a stalwart ally of theirs and their foremost contact and compatriot in scientific study of the darkness they unearth. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3145092][img]https://i.imgur.com/rKm0mT6.png[/img][/url][/center]
Art

So, Albus wound up getting some art done (more than just the little adoptable I colored in) so I decided to put that here, too. May as well, eh?

Thanks for the gift, Miss Fizzle!
image_zpsfnuh3ag9.jpeg

Also, scroll down to see a gift from onionbulb! (Since she posted it here, herself, and it's a large picture.)

And here is yet another gift from the very talented onionbulb!
oNhUxYQ.png

Thank you very much, akrimau, for the awesome fanart!
tumblr_inline_pda1q294S21slm5nm_540.png

Temere did this lovely piece! What an interesting interpretation.
eYVd9LE.jpg

I love the inspiration Crayzy took from Albus story!
709af15a009911b702976150db8b69c6.jpg

Forum Fame

Thread found here -- page 5 (Also featured in the opening post highlights.)
Cryoluxa wrote on 2017-01-09:
Icemanroy. Oh my gosh. ICEMAN ROY. Sounds like a mobster or something. XD
Disillusionist wrote on 2017-01-09:
I laughed way too hard at ICEMAN ROY. "We call him Roy 'cause he's the king. Don't cross him now, or he'll put you on ICE!"

Thread found here -- page 29
Zebrafinch wrote on 2017-05-30:
I think this would be a difficult fight to predict, but Albus certainly seems to have the upper hand with a greater tactical skill and numerous types of magic on his side. With his magic, skill, and patience, and so as long as he is cautious, he would have no problem winning a fight with Lovell.

However I have to give Lovell some credit, as in the right scenario Albus wouldn't have a chance. Especially if Lovell were to overcome Albus by force and not allow him time to come up with a plan of attack.

Thread found here.
Aterna wrote on 2019-09-17 19:55:51:
Anyways i read the lore on Albus and... whoa. Really it is a fantastic read i feel. The way he experimented on himself with tools of magic and science to achieve being multi elemental is really unique. Albus is very ambitious and driven to his goal, pushing others aside and becoming a bit arrogant at the success of his experiments, which i think really solidifies his personality in well manner. You get the idea of who he was and who he became over time in a really nice and fluent way making it very enjoyable! Good job on the lore and i love your writing style~

The dragon himself is also wonderfully unique. Literally too! I love how the Circuit mixes with his wings, and boldly streaks his Ice Tiger primary. His apparel is well made too, simple, getting the point across of who he is, and matching his lore.
A really pretty dragon!

He was interviewed.

Recognized for pulling off his genes well.
Sevi wrote on 2020-06-12 19:36:01:
albus is now MY favorite too, what kind of dragon can manage to make clown, eyespots AND circuit work????

I'm just so complimented. ;-;
fluteloops0329 wrote on 2020-07-16 20:26:18:
Albus's lore is so amazing! The fact that a dragon could be kept prisoner in a clan is not something I had thought of before. The way that he fell deeper and deeper into his research reminds me of a lot of professional books I have had to read for school. Great job! Also, Albus is gorgeous!

Other dragons I have are mentioned in this, too, but I'll just leave this here. :) Original post here.
Shatapatrika wrote on 2020-07-27 13:57:33:
You are an incredibly gifted writer! I was blown away by Albus’ story in particular, although I also really enjoyed Anafuleksi’s as well. Good spooky music too. Rhamantus... wow. Also... I kinda want a clockwork souvenir now although I have no idea what I’d do with one, but isn’t that the nature of such baubles? :) I haven’t written anything since I made the lore for Syet and The Fallen in my den, but you make me want to flex my writing muscles and create some new stories.
As for Esmira - I SEE YOU, VILLAIN!! I’ve seen you post her in a few other threads and know to steer far clear of her, lol. Looks like she’s accumulated quite the rap sheet.
Jorbat wrote on 2022-06-13 04:32:18:
(was like 40 on Albus lol)

Albus is amazing, fantastic job! I'll read up on a little of his lore after typing this :P I love his look, everything just works :D
QuackemsGO wrote on 2024-03-09 14:01:10:
That's a neat detail on the wegg pattern! I took a look at the parents for both and pretty neat seeing the one offspring in the lists. Also love how it all connects with the parents/grandparents lore as well!

Attended a science convention in the Southern Icefield (gutsy, yeah) alongside an (unpaid) intern.
BnGsdTh.png

This also happened:

~~~

Day 1 - between being welcomed and going to the table.

As Harper and Albus introduced themselves, earning a few intrigued looks of the surrounding dragons. One of the attendee even gave them a welcome drink! How nice! There’s a little… uhh mushroom in place of the usual paper umbrella? Who uses mushroom for decoration?

Screen_Shot_2019-10-27_at_3.24.16_PM.png

They:
>Drink the beverage and eat the shroom (don’t try this at home)
>Only drink, leave out the shroom (this option is safe but is also the least interesting one /wink wink/)
>Take the shroom (also don’t try this at home)

Albus identifies the mushroom and politely removes it and slips it into a little box for later. Harper sniffs the drink while Albus casually inquires what sort it is before taking further action.

It was a smart move for them to avoid eating any suspicious item, after all, its only quite early into the convention, wouldn't want anything to happen to ruin the fun. Plus, free shroom! Right?

x10 All-Seeing Shroom get!

One day, Albus heard of a cult of Pearlcatchers called Black Pearls who shared in his single-minded pursuit of advancement and approached them to learn more. The group had uncovered an extra-dimensional space called the Black Spiral, and it was unsafe for any besides Pearlcatchers to enter. That said, they were uncovering an absolute wealth of knowledge from within the rift. As such, Albus expressed his approval, as well as a proposition.

Many of the veritable researchers of the Black Pearls were delving into infernal magicks, but (though they did have scientists of their own) none were as well-versed nor adept in the sciences and integration with magic and alchemy as he was. He offered his services in researching what was uncovered using said acumen, provided the Black Pearls submitted their new discoveries to him to study. Together, they would be able to learn much more, much more quickly, than either party attempting to do so alone. The Black Pearls were pleased with this plan and agreed to the proposal.

Now, though not a Black Pearl himself, Albus is a stalwart ally of theirs and their foremost contact and compatriot in scientific study of the darkness they unearth.
rKm0mT6.png
@Cryoluxa i just hope it suites him!
@Cryoluxa i just hope it suites him!
Hl87sOx.jpg
@Cryoluxa I hope you don't mind I post him here since it's his thread :D Here's a little gift from me! ^^ [img]http://i.imgur.com/9kf8uLZ.png[/img]
@Cryoluxa

I hope you don't mind I post him here since it's his thread :D

Here's a little gift from me! ^^
9kf8uLZ.png
89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png
1 2