Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 95 96
[center][b][i]Day 133 - Tree[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=mangled textile] [b]Sentence: [/b] Writing -----[/center] It felt wrong to call the event with the Woundwyrm an "attack". It was more of an "event", like an earthquake or tornado. Fortunately, the creature had not hit the clan's home directly, though almost half had been obliterated by wings and tail. After three days, the dragons were still reeling, albeit not all for the same reasons, and debating on whether to move elsewhere. "The rot isn't spreading," Chi pointed out. "It ends at that spot. We could just expand a bit the other direction, or even into the damaged area." "You're Plague, though," complained Marla. "Of course you wouldn't mind living near that. But in all honesty, it's creepy. I'd rather move on." "Even if we were in a perfectly safe place you'd want to move on," Clementine interjected. "You're a Mirror. I do understand not wanting to live next to that pile of rot, though." "Where would we go?" added Martin. "We can't go much farther west or we'll be in the ocean. East is the Serthis territory you wanted to avoid. North is a cliff, and though I suppose we could fly over if we needed to, Clementine would have to carry Longfang. Who knows if he even understands what we're saying right now." He looked at Longfang expectantly. Longfang looked back, cocked his head as he thought about Martin's speech and why his name had been mentioned, then nodded. "Cannn unnderrstand. Nno mmmmovve far please," he said in his lilting, half-Coatl way of speaking. Avogadro flicked his antennae. "While you've all been arguing, someone's been trying to sneak up on us, by the way." He called out over his shoulder: "You can come out now. We know you're here." A dragon cautiously crept out of hiding. The clan realized it was the Wildclaw who had warned them about the Woundwyrm's approach. "Oh, hello," Avogadro said casually. "I didn't recognize you when you were hiding. Do you need something?" "I couldn't help but overhear," the Wildclaw said. "My name is Galanthus. I was hoping to catch you before you left anywhere." "Of course," Chi said kindly. "You don't have a clan now, since the Woundwyrm came through. Would you like to come with us?" The Wildclaw nodded gratefully. "I also want to ask you to stay here, for two reasons: First, it seemed like the Woundwyrm was searching for something." "I noticed that," Chi replied. "Go on." More confident now, Galanthus started to speak more quickly. "If it was looking for something, it's less likely that it will pass over the same place twice. So if you stay, you're less likely to encounter it again." "Makes sense," Avogadro interjected. "Also." Galanthus turned to Avogadro and Martin. "This may concern you. Come look." He led them down to the river, where a very young tree had tipped at an angle, barely clinging to the ground with half its roots - the rest rotted away. The whole side of the tree had been rotted by the Woundwyrm's touch. Barely visible in the trunk was part of a carved rune: the letter A. Both Skydancers gasped. Avogadro rushed over to the tree. "No! Is it..." He looked it over carefully, then sighed. "It's still alive, I think. But just barely." "This is your tree, then?" asked Galanthus. Avogadro nodded numbly. "Can we save it?" "Funny thing, that," Galanthus said. "Life tends to find a way in these parts. It'll live, I'm sure. Even grow new roots, given time. You may want to make sure it's secure in the ground, though, so the next gentle breeze doesn't knock it completely over." Avogadro stayed next to the tree, studying it, while Martin fetched the others. By the time everyone had gathered around, Avogadro could see what needed to be done. Clementine carefully leaned her weight on the tree's good side, bringing it slowly upright. Martin dropped seeds in the soil on the rot side, then he and Avogadro focused their Nature magic on the seeds. Slowly, vines and leaves grew from them, surrounding the trunk of the tree. Selk, with his more deft hand-work, guided the vines and pulled them tight. When Avogadro saw that the vines were thick enough, Clementine and Selk pulled away. The tree stayed vertical. As the final touch, Avogadro unsheathed his glove-claws and carved a new A rune into the healthy side of the trunk. "I guess we have to stay now," Avogadro said as Swift wandered over to sniff their handiwork. "At least for a while. So I can make sure my tree is okay." ----- You know, it's almost poetic - even his tree is half Nature, half Plague. I almost killed the tree, but I was kind of inspired to let it live by being in Oregon for a couple weeks. Stuff really likes to grow there, even when it's slid halfway down a hill and hanging by one root or something. I'd imagine the Viridian Labyrinth is much the same way. [size=1][s]I may kill it later though
Day 133 - Tree
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising
Pull:
Mangled Textile
Sentence: Writing
It felt wrong to call the event with the Woundwyrm an "attack". It was more of an "event", like an earthquake or tornado. Fortunately, the creature had not hit the clan's home directly, though almost half had been obliterated by wings and tail. After three days, the dragons were still reeling, albeit not all for the same reasons, and debating on whether to move elsewhere.
"The rot isn't spreading," Chi pointed out. "It ends at that spot. We could just expand a bit the other direction, or even into the damaged area."
"You're Plague, though," complained Marla. "Of course you wouldn't mind living near that. But in all honesty, it's creepy. I'd rather move on."
"Even if we were in a perfectly safe place you'd want to move on," Clementine interjected. "You're a Mirror. I do understand not wanting to live next to that pile of rot, though."
"Where would we go?" added Martin. "We can't go much farther west or we'll be in the ocean. East is the Serthis territory you wanted to avoid. North is a cliff, and though I suppose we could fly over if we needed to, Clementine would have to carry Longfang. Who knows if he even understands what we're saying right now." He looked at Longfang expectantly. Longfang looked back, cocked his head as he thought about Martin's speech and why his name had been mentioned, then nodded. "Cannn unnderrstand. Nno mmmmovve far please," he said in his lilting, half-Coatl way of speaking.
Avogadro flicked his antennae. "While you've all been arguing, someone's been trying to sneak up on us, by the way." He called out over his shoulder: "You can come out now. We know you're here."
A dragon cautiously crept out of hiding. The clan realized it was the Wildclaw who had warned them about the Woundwyrm's approach.
"Oh, hello," Avogadro said casually. "I didn't recognize you when you were hiding. Do you need something?"
"I couldn't help but overhear," the Wildclaw said. "My name is Galanthus. I was hoping to catch you before you left anywhere."
"Of course," Chi said kindly. "You don't have a clan now, since the Woundwyrm came through. Would you like to come with us?"
The Wildclaw nodded gratefully. "I also want to ask you to stay here, for two reasons: First, it seemed like the Woundwyrm was searching for something."
"I noticed that," Chi replied. "Go on."
More confident now, Galanthus started to speak more quickly. "If it was looking for something, it's less likely that it will pass over the same place twice. So if you stay, you're less likely to encounter it again."
"Makes sense," Avogadro interjected.
"Also." Galanthus turned to Avogadro and Martin. "This may concern you. Come look."
He led them down to the river, where a very young tree had tipped at an angle, barely clinging to the ground with half its roots - the rest rotted away. The whole side of the tree had been rotted by the Woundwyrm's touch. Barely visible in the trunk was part of a carved rune: the letter A.
Both Skydancers gasped. Avogadro rushed over to the tree. "No! Is it..." He looked it over carefully, then sighed. "It's still alive, I think. But just barely."
"This is your tree, then?" asked Galanthus.
Avogadro nodded numbly. "Can we save it?"
"Funny thing, that," Galanthus said. "Life tends to find a way in these parts. It'll live, I'm sure. Even grow new roots, given time. You may want to make sure it's secure in the ground, though, so the next gentle breeze doesn't knock it completely over."
Avogadro stayed next to the tree, studying it, while Martin fetched the others. By the time everyone had gathered around, Avogadro could see what needed to be done.
Clementine carefully leaned her weight on the tree's good side, bringing it slowly upright. Martin dropped seeds in the soil on the rot side, then he and Avogadro focused their Nature magic on the seeds. Slowly, vines and leaves grew from them, surrounding the trunk of the tree. Selk, with his more deft hand-work, guided the vines and pulled them tight. When Avogadro saw that the vines were thick enough, Clementine and Selk pulled away. The tree stayed vertical. As the final touch, Avogadro unsheathed his glove-claws and carved a new A rune into the healthy side of the trunk.
"I guess we have to stay now," Avogadro said as Swift wandered over to sniff their handiwork. "At least for a while. So I can make sure my tree is okay."
You know, it's almost poetic - even his tree is half Nature, half Plague.
I almost killed the tree, but I was kind of inspired to let it live by being in Oregon for a couple weeks. Stuff really likes to grow there, even when it's slid halfway down a hill and hanging by one root or something. I'd imagine the Viridian Labyrinth is much the same way. I may kill it later though
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 134-137 - Another Trip to Market[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=protective wasp][item=cracked blackened ribcage][item=shining feather cluster][item=marsh choker] [b]Sentence: [/b] 15-25 battles in the Coliseum and Writing -----[/center] "Avvvocado, I wannn, mm..." Longfang hesitated, switched to Coatl and hummed a word out. He pointed at Avogadro's vest. "Clothes?" Avogadro guessed. Longfang nodded. "Alright, let's go to the market we were at before. Galanthus, want to come with?" "Sure, why not?" the Wildclaw replied. Longfang pointed out a few items, not knowing the Draconic words yet. One particularly friendly Coatl salesman made a deal with Longfang entirely in Coatl, giving him a cloak for a discounted price. Longfang pointed at a set of green beads. "Are you sure, little guy?" Avogadro asked. "You think it'll look good on you?" Longfang nodded confidently. "Well, alright then." [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/279dd7b894.png[/img] "Galanthus?" Avogadro called. "Where'd he go?" "Glllaaannnnthssss!" called Longfang worriedly. The two wandered past a body paint booth. "Over here!" Galanthus waved slightly from the booth. A brightly-colored dragon was meticulously painting bright green on the Wildclaw's wings. His feet had already been painted, and the dragon steadied Galanthus's front paw to paint it as Avogadro and Longfang looked on with interest. The artist finished his work surprisingly quickly. "Remember what I told you about removal." "I will, but I don't think I'll ever remove it," Galanthus said, admiring his wings. "It's beautiful." [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/27b9747c21.png[/img] ----- [s]Pinkerton I just gave that Marsh Choker to Crim the other day, I don't want it back thank you[/s] Longfang is level 5 and knows Boulder Bolt (what a weird name); Galanthus is level 4.
Day 134-137 - Another Trip to Market
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising
Pull:
Protective Wasp Cracked Blackened Ribcage Shining Feather Cluster Marsh Choker
Sentence: 15-25 battles in the Coliseum and Writing
"Avvvocado, I wannn, mm..." Longfang hesitated, switched to Coatl and hummed a word out. He pointed at Avogadro's vest.
"Clothes?" Avogadro guessed. Longfang nodded. "Alright, let's go to the market we were at before. Galanthus, want to come with?"
"Sure, why not?" the Wildclaw replied.

Longfang pointed out a few items, not knowing the Draconic words yet. One particularly friendly Coatl salesman made a deal with Longfang entirely in Coatl, giving him a cloak for a discounted price.
Longfang pointed at a set of green beads.
"Are you sure, little guy?" Avogadro asked. "You think it'll look good on you?" Longfang nodded confidently.
"Well, alright then."
279dd7b894.png

"Galanthus?" Avogadro called. "Where'd he go?"
"Glllaaannnnthssss!" called Longfang worriedly.
The two wandered past a body paint booth.
"Over here!" Galanthus waved slightly from the booth. A brightly-colored dragon was meticulously painting bright green on the Wildclaw's wings. His feet had already been painted, and the dragon steadied Galanthus's front paw to paint it as Avogadro and Longfang looked on with interest.
The artist finished his work surprisingly quickly. "Remember what I told you about removal."
"I will, but I don't think I'll ever remove it," Galanthus said, admiring his wings. "It's beautiful."
27b9747c21.png
Pinkerton I just gave that Marsh Choker to Crim the other day, I don't want it back thank you
Longfang is level 5 and knows Boulder Bolt (what a weird name); Galanthus is level 4.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@leopardmask
Ah, they look so handsome
@leopardmask
Ah, they look so handsome
Chasing Memories, a Pinkerlocke
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
[center][b][i]Day 138-140 - No Coatls Allowed[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=discipline][item=berserker's belt][item=balsas anole] [b]Sentence: [/b] Death Streak Roll, Writing, 20-25 battles in the Coliseum Roll: DEATH STREAK Marla, Clementine, Longfang -----[/center] A chaos of squawking and screeching echoed through the woods. Marla and Clementine went to investigate, only to find a large flock of Raptorik. The two backed up, just as Longfang, naively curious, popped out of the trees to see what was happening. Hundreds of eyes turned to this new arrival. One warrior screeched and raised his spear. The warriors started flying in a whirling, spinning pattern. Longfang stared, mesmerized, even as the Raptorik started swooping down and cutting him with their spears. Just before one hit a fatal blow, Clementine carved a swath through the flock with her lightning-covered paw. The flock separated, regrouped, and dove again. Longfang turned tail and scuttled into the trees as Clementine swiped at the Raptorik again. They found Longfang crouched under a bush, pawing at the ground as if to bury himself in the dirt. "Cann't," he whined. "Donnn't wannnt to fight annymmmore. Go back. Please?" "You want to go back to Dragonhome?" Marla asked. Longfang pointed west, toward the Pillar just barely visible through the trees, and hummed a word. "Yes, that's what we call Dragonhome," Marla confirmed. Longfang nodded. So it was decided. The three of them traveled to where they had first found Longfang, right on the coast, picking up the others along the way. Longfang's crest flicked in amusement at the sight of the waning mud puddle he'd played in as a hatchling. Now he could barely put two paws in. "I like youuuu," he said, "but nneeeed less-fighting place. Yess?" Clementine nodded. Marla wing-hugged him. Then Chi did, and Avogadro. "Good luck," Avogadro said. "I hope you find a home where you can live in peace." Longfang nodded, then took flight. "Byyyyeee!" he called over his shoulder. "Bye Avvvvocado! Bye allll!" ----- I tried once, Longfang died, I tried again just to see if I'd do better, and I didn't. [b]New rule for the Pinkerlocke![/b] Any reader can call "dibs" on one of my dragons. If that dragon "dies" (or leaves), instead of being exalted, the dragon will be sent to that person, along with all apparel. (Accents don't count because all I have are holiday accents and I don't buy dupes) I'll also give the dragon at least three days after writing about their death before I exalt. This may end up being more if they're really pretty. I'll probably give Longfang more time than that, since I only just made this rule and he didn't technically die. I'm really debating giving Kyrinasha first crack at Longfang, since they already have Leftrin, but are also in Earth, which would be perfect for lore...
Day 138-140 - No Coatls Allowed
Pull:
Discipline Berserker's Belt Balsas Anole
Sentence: Death Streak Roll, Writing, 20-25 battles in the Coliseum
Roll: DEATH STREAK
Marla, Clementine, Longfang
A chaos of squawking and screeching echoed through the woods. Marla and Clementine went to investigate, only to find a large flock of Raptorik. The two backed up, just as Longfang, naively curious, popped out of the trees to see what was happening. Hundreds of eyes turned to this new arrival. One warrior screeched and raised his spear. The warriors started flying in a whirling, spinning pattern. Longfang stared, mesmerized, even as the Raptorik started swooping down and cutting him with their spears. Just before one hit a fatal blow, Clementine carved a swath through the flock with her lightning-covered paw. The flock separated, regrouped, and dove again. Longfang turned tail and scuttled into the trees as Clementine swiped at the Raptorik again.
They found Longfang crouched under a bush, pawing at the ground as if to bury himself in the dirt.
"Cann't," he whined. "Donnn't wannnt to fight annymmmore. Go back. Please?"
"You want to go back to Dragonhome?" Marla asked.
Longfang pointed west, toward the Pillar just barely visible through the trees, and hummed a word.
"Yes, that's what we call Dragonhome," Marla confirmed. Longfang nodded.
So it was decided. The three of them traveled to where they had first found Longfang, right on the coast, picking up the others along the way. Longfang's crest flicked in amusement at the sight of the waning mud puddle he'd played in as a hatchling. Now he could barely put two paws in.
"I like youuuu," he said, "but nneeeed less-fighting place. Yess?" Clementine nodded. Marla wing-hugged him. Then Chi did, and Avogadro.
"Good luck," Avogadro said. "I hope you find a home where you can live in peace."
Longfang nodded, then took flight.
"Byyyyeee!" he called over his shoulder. "Bye Avvvvocado! Bye allll!"
I tried once, Longfang died, I tried again just to see if I'd do better, and I didn't.
New rule for the Pinkerlocke! Any reader can call "dibs" on one of my dragons. If that dragon "dies" (or leaves), instead of being exalted, the dragon will be sent to that person, along with all apparel. (Accents don't count because all I have are holiday accents and I don't buy dupes)
I'll also give the dragon at least three days after writing about their death before I exalt. This may end up being more if they're really pretty. I'll probably give Longfang more time than that, since I only just made this rule and he didn't technically die.
I'm really debating giving Kyrinasha first crack at Longfang, since they already have Leftrin, but are also in Earth, which would be perfect for lore...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask
You're right, you've got crap luck with Coatls. No more Coatls for you. :(
@Leopardmask
You're right, you've got crap luck with Coatls. No more Coatls for you. :(
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
@Moonlitmage
At least he survived his first few battles. He made it all the way to level 4! Poor Flame and Lightningstrike never even had a chance for their characters to be developed.
@Moonlitmage
At least he survived his first few battles. He made it all the way to level 4! Poor Flame and Lightningstrike never even had a chance for their characters to be developed.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@leopardmask
It's true. ♥ RIP
@leopardmask
It's true. ♥ RIP
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
[center][b][i]Day 141 &142 - Colorful Wings[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=wing bones][item=banded olivine] [b]Sentence: [/b] Writing -----[/center] "Your wings are so pretty," Chi commented to Galanthus, "But you didn't find anything to wear with the design?" Galanthus seemed a bit embarrassed at this. "Well... the design kind of used most of my budget. And I thought Avo and Fang might have been getting impatient, because it [i]did[/i] take a while..." "Oh, no matter," Chi said. "I found this interesting stone near the river, though, and it matches your wings really well. I was hoping you'd have a pocket or pouch or, I don't know, some jewelry item to set it in." She held out a river-worn, banded green stone. Galanthus took the stone and inspected it. "Thank you. It does bear quite the resemblance, doesn't it? Maybe for now I'll set it at my nest here, until I get a way to carry it or show it off." Chi beamed. "Glad you like it." ----- Well that's an interestingly coincidental pair of items. I forgot to say this yesterday, but Martin is level 8 now, Avogadro is level 6, and Galanthus is level 5 but does not know Thunder Slash or whatever it's called yet because I do not have that battle stone. He does have a Charged Might fragment on him though. Also I realized that Avogadro has had the wrong move on him this whole time... he's a physical attacker and I gave him Leaf [i]Bolt[/i]. That's been corrected.
Day 141 &142 - Colorful Wings
Pull:
Wing Bones Banded Olivine
Sentence: Writing
"Your wings are so pretty," Chi commented to Galanthus, "But you didn't find anything to wear with the design?"
Galanthus seemed a bit embarrassed at this. "Well... the design kind of used most of my budget. And I thought Avo and Fang might have been getting impatient, because it did take a while..."
"Oh, no matter," Chi said. "I found this interesting stone near the river, though, and it matches your wings really well. I was hoping you'd have a pocket or pouch or, I don't know, some jewelry item to set it in." She held out a river-worn, banded green stone.
Galanthus took the stone and inspected it. "Thank you. It does bear quite the resemblance, doesn't it? Maybe for now I'll set it at my nest here, until I get a way to carry it or show it off."
Chi beamed. "Glad you like it."
Well that's an interestingly coincidental pair of items.
I forgot to say this yesterday, but Martin is level 8 now, Avogadro is level 6, and Galanthus is level 5 but does not know Thunder Slash or whatever it's called yet because I do not have that battle stone. He does have a Charged Might fragment on him though. Also I realized that Avogadro has had the wrong move on him this whole time... he's a physical attacker and I gave him Leaf Bolt. That's been corrected.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 143-147 - New Friends and Old Enemies[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353 @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @Nekasrof @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=rainbow grasshopper][item=gold-throated sparrow][item=wildwood moss][item=nickel ore][item=twitching leg bones] [b]Sentence: [/b] 10-15 battles in the Coliseum, Adopt a Dragon, Writing Roll: 4 - Pearlcatcher -----[/center] [i]((minor violence warning - I don't like it either))[/i] Galanthus strode out into the woods with Avogadro and Martin. Martin flicked aside some moss as Galanthus talked. "We've gotten a lot of forest fires recently," he was saying. "They're good for the land, but the burned areas are a bit unsightly. And dangerous." "More dangerous than the Woundwyrm you were running from?" Avogadro said skeptically. "Excuse me, but two of your clan died fighting that thing. I'm still not sure why they didn't stay dead, but I know what I saw." Martin and Avogadro shared a look. Chi had told them her secret, but asked them not to share it with Galanthus - there was something about the Wildclaw that just didn't quite seem trustworthy. Galanthus wandered casually through a gap in the trees. The Skydancers followed, finding themselves in one of the burned patches they had been discussing. "Are you sure we should be here?" Avogadro looked around nervously. "It's fine!" Galanthus said, a little too loudly. His words startled a Bonepriest out of hiding. They dispatched it quickly, but it had already alerted the other creatures to the intruders' presence. Now even Galanthus looked nervous. "Um. I didn't think there'd be so many..." Avogadro waved his claws near Galanthus' face menacingly. "You got us into this. You'll help get us out. Got that?" The three defeated beast after beast, Martin's healing spells barely keeping them going. Finally, exhausted, they looked around to see the area clear, save for a couple of scared-looking rabbits. They had horns, and their fur pulsed with orange light. Avogadro eyed them suspiciously. Martin stepped too close. One rabbit bared its teeth and leaped out. Avogadro slashed its belly and flung it aside, as the other shook itself. Flames leaped off its pelt as it leaped at Martin. Already wounded, Martin couldn't dodge out of the way, and Avogadro wasn't in a position to help. The rabbit latched on to Martin's neck. Galanthus grabbed the rabbit and pulled, but it flared fire at him too. He yelped and released the rabbit as Martin stumbled. The flaming rabbit sunk its teeth into Martin's neck as he fell to the ground. Avogadro roared and swiped at the beast, but it hopped out of range and away, leaving Martin bleeding out on the scorched earth. "Father!" Avogadro cried in anguish, dropping to Martin's side. "Papa... No..." Martin's pained eyes met Avogadro's. Each could feel the other's pain. Slowly, Martin's paw lifted, and he pointed east. "I understand, Papa." Avogadro's eyes were full of tears. Martin's paw dropped, his eyes closed, and some of the pain in Avogadro's mind vanished. Avogadro dropped his head for a moment. Then he raised it, eyes brimming with fury as he glared at Galanthus. "This is all your fault," he growled, stalking toward the Wildclaw. Galanthus backed away, flinching as Avogadro brought out his claws. "You brought us here. You alerted the creatures here to our presence. You wanted this." "Never, never!" Galanthus squeaked, his toe claws twitching nervously. "I had no idea, these burnt areas are so barren for [i]years[/i] usually-" He was cut off with a yelp as Avogadro pressed those brutal steel claws against his neck. "Go tell the others what happened," Avogadro growled. "Make sure to tell them [i]you're [/i]responsible." Galanthus nodded slightly. Avogadro lowered his claws, and Galanthus streaked off in the direction of the clan. Avogadro turned back to his father. It didn't take his unique skill to figure out that he wouldn't be able to carry Martin anywhere. He looked around, mentally calculating, trying to find a way. As he wandered back through the trees, he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He immediately flashed his claws again. "No! Don't!" came a cry from the undergrowth, and only then did Avogadro realize what the large white object rolling toward him was. A bright blue dragon shot out and scooped it up. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26475810] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=152&bodygene=3&breed=4&element=11&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=0&winggene=4&wings=13&auth=17a09ebb7ae867054347ce8bb58ec0e463421a28&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] "Ah, you're safe," she crooned, stroking her pearl. Avogadro stared in confusion. The Pearlcatcher looked up suddenly. "Oh, did you need help? You were looking around like you needed to do something you can't do yourself." She saw Martin on the ground and gasped. "Oh Flamecaller, I am so sorry, I didn't realize. Do you need to be alone?" "Actually, I wouldn't mind the help. I need to get him to a very specific place." Avogadro noticed the Pearlcatcher's element. "And I could use your Fire magic when we get there." ----- Apparently Wildclaws and Skydancers are about the same size. I thought Skydancers were smaller than that. [b]Does anyone here want to have Longfang?[/b] If not, I'll put up a Dragon Sales thread so he has a chance at a good home... In the meantime, fortunately one of my breeding projects just finished up so I can get rid of the parents and have room for a new member of the group. So the first name the randomizer gave me for our new member was Booger. Uh. No. This was supposed to go up yesterday but I took too long and the site went into maintenance before I could.
Day 143-147 - New Friends and Old Enemies
Pull:
Rainbow Grasshopper Gold-Throated Sparrow Wildwood Moss Nickel Ore Twitching Leg Bones
Sentence: 10-15 battles in the Coliseum, Adopt a Dragon, Writing
Roll: 4 - Pearlcatcher
((minor violence warning - I don't like it either))
Galanthus strode out into the woods with Avogadro and Martin. Martin flicked aside some moss as Galanthus talked.
"We've gotten a lot of forest fires recently," he was saying. "They're good for the land, but the burned areas are a bit unsightly. And dangerous."
"More dangerous than the Woundwyrm you were running from?" Avogadro said skeptically.
"Excuse me, but two of your clan died fighting that thing. I'm still not sure why they didn't stay dead, but I know what I saw." Martin and Avogadro shared a look. Chi had told them her secret, but asked them not to share it with Galanthus - there was something about the Wildclaw that just didn't quite seem trustworthy.
Galanthus wandered casually through a gap in the trees. The Skydancers followed, finding themselves in one of the burned patches they had been discussing.
"Are you sure we should be here?" Avogadro looked around nervously.
"It's fine!" Galanthus said, a little too loudly. His words startled a Bonepriest out of hiding. They dispatched it quickly, but it had already alerted the other creatures to the intruders' presence. Now even Galanthus looked nervous.
"Um. I didn't think there'd be so many..."
Avogadro waved his claws near Galanthus' face menacingly. "You got us into this. You'll help get us out. Got that?"
The three defeated beast after beast, Martin's healing spells barely keeping them going. Finally, exhausted, they looked around to see the area clear, save for a couple of scared-looking rabbits. They had horns, and their fur pulsed with orange light. Avogadro eyed them suspiciously.
Martin stepped too close. One rabbit bared its teeth and leaped out. Avogadro slashed its belly and flung it aside, as the other shook itself. Flames leaped off its pelt as it leaped at Martin.
Already wounded, Martin couldn't dodge out of the way, and Avogadro wasn't in a position to help. The rabbit latched on to Martin's neck. Galanthus grabbed the rabbit and pulled, but it flared fire at him too. He yelped and released the rabbit as Martin stumbled. The flaming rabbit sunk its teeth into Martin's neck as he fell to the ground. Avogadro roared and swiped at the beast, but it hopped out of range and away, leaving Martin bleeding out on the scorched earth.
"Father!" Avogadro cried in anguish, dropping to Martin's side. "Papa... No..."
Martin's pained eyes met Avogadro's. Each could feel the other's pain. Slowly, Martin's paw lifted, and he pointed east.
"I understand, Papa." Avogadro's eyes were full of tears. Martin's paw dropped, his eyes closed, and some of the pain in Avogadro's mind vanished. Avogadro dropped his head for a moment. Then he raised it, eyes brimming with fury as he glared at Galanthus.
"This is all your fault," he growled, stalking toward the Wildclaw. Galanthus backed away, flinching as Avogadro brought out his claws. "You brought us here. You alerted the creatures here to our presence. You wanted this."
"Never, never!" Galanthus squeaked, his toe claws twitching nervously. "I had no idea, these burnt areas are so barren for years usually-" He was cut off with a yelp as Avogadro pressed those brutal steel claws against his neck.
"Go tell the others what happened," Avogadro growled. "Make sure to tell them you're responsible." Galanthus nodded slightly. Avogadro lowered his claws, and Galanthus streaked off in the direction of the clan.
Avogadro turned back to his father. It didn't take his unique skill to figure out that he wouldn't be able to carry Martin anywhere. He looked around, mentally calculating, trying to find a way. As he wandered back through the trees, he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He immediately flashed his claws again.
"No! Don't!" came a cry from the undergrowth, and only then did Avogadro realize what the large white object rolling toward him was. A bright blue dragon shot out and scooped it up.
dragon?age=1&body=152&bodygene=3&breed=4&element=11&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=0&winggene=4&wings=13&auth=17a09ebb7ae867054347ce8bb58ec0e463421a28&dummyext=prev.png
"Ah, you're safe," she crooned, stroking her pearl. Avogadro stared in confusion.
The Pearlcatcher looked up suddenly. "Oh, did you need help? You were looking around like you needed to do something you can't do yourself." She saw Martin on the ground and gasped. "Oh Flamecaller, I am so sorry, I didn't realize. Do you need to be alone?"
"Actually, I wouldn't mind the help. I need to get him to a very specific place." Avogadro noticed the Pearlcatcher's element. "And I could use your Fire magic when we get there."
Apparently Wildclaws and Skydancers are about the same size. I thought Skydancers were smaller than that.
Does anyone here want to have Longfang? If not, I'll put up a Dragon Sales thread so he has a chance at a good home... In the meantime, fortunately one of my breeding projects just finished up so I can get rid of the parents and have room for a new member of the group.

So the first name the randomizer gave me for our new member was Booger. Uh. No.

This was supposed to go up yesterday but I took too long and the site went into maintenance before I could.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
MARTIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...Why do my favorites always die?! First Leftrin, then Longfang, and then now Martin. UGH!

@Leopardmask

I'll take Longfang. How much do you want for him?
MARTIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...Why do my favorites always die?! First Leftrin, then Longfang, and then now Martin. UGH!

@Leopardmask

I'll take Longfang. How much do you want for him?
Hello
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 95 96