Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Human Deities High School AU
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@ShadowFeather
Thanks! :D You will be added~
@ShadowFeather
Thanks! :D You will be added~
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@bergentruckung I would like to discuss the songs for Stormcatcher and Lightweaver (or Bossman or Glitters, or whatever you prefer to call them) in the 'Singing Voices' post on the old Human Deities thread. So I listened to the example songs and both of them are pretty cool! And I noticed something-they're both songs about love, but with [i]very[/i] different attitudes to it and moods. [i]Safe and Sound [/i] is so. . . sad? And soft? I don't know how else to describe it. While [i]Bernadette[/i] sounds so 'villain-ish' Yeah. Someone on YouTube summarised the lyrics well. [quote]"I love the slight hint of menace here. This isn't an out-of-your-mind raving madness, but controlled, focused. I think the singer is in love, but not the normal kind of love. Not the safe, friendly, innocent kind, but the "I'd kill for you" kind. The kind that burns down their lover's world so that there is only them left."[/quote] I was wondering, do these songs refer to Stormcatcher and Lightweaver's relationship in any way? [size=3][s]Ayreria might stop you from revealing anything about that ship. They really are quite mysterious. What are they up to?[/s][/size] Anyway, have you considered how the deities dance? I made a thread a few weeks ago where other users could submit GIFs and headcanons, and I got some good contributions! I imagine the Arcanist to dance like this (Luna Lovegood dance yeah!) [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/59285b6f85e487d8141c52676ac57982/tumblr_mpagkb2zYB1s47u83o1_500.gif[/img] [quote name="astrotheology" date=2016-03-03 19:43:44] Icewarden stands in the corner and wishes he wasn't here. That, or he waltzes like a dream for some reason. [/quote] [quote name="CaptainSnowblack" date=2016-03-05 05:53:02] Windsinger loves to dance so much, that he made Skydancers Party in tornadoland [/quote] I think this one is quite accurate. It's easy to imagine him being a great dancer with his fun, exuberant personality! [quote name="Sallin" date=2016-03-05 12:34:03] I can definitely see Stormcatcher just breaking out some awesome robot dancing, because if you're gonna be a dancer BE THE BEST DANCER AND OUTSHINE THE SLACKER FLIGHTS. Windsinger is somehow incredible at the Running Man as well as the expected wiggly moves. Tidelord doesn't care enough to dance, he just shows up, grabs a drink and starts muttering ominous things at the others. Flamecaller sets fire to the dancefloor. Sometimes literally. [/quote] [quote name="Stormdragon" date=2016-03-05 14:53:58] [quote name="Tinkertal" date=2016-03-03 19:25:44] [quote name="Pandacow" date=2016-03-03 18:50:12] Stormcatcher would probably be that guy who dances awkwardly. [/quote] That, or after being pestered and cajoled for a century, finally throws up his mantis arms and launches into a full dance routine with emphasis on robotic movements and mimicing electric convulsions. All before never speaking of it again. Ever. No inbetween. Either the absolute worst. Or one of the best. [/quote] I like to think he has mad dance moves, possibly the best of all the deities, but like what Tinkertal just said, he never spoke of them before, nobody has ever seen him dance. And he just stuns everyone into silence and walks away without a word [/quote] What do you think? Pinging @Ayreria for her opinion too on how the deities dance too! As for theme songs for the other deities, I think Waves by Mr Probz suits Tidelord well because the lyrics relate to his gloomy situation of seeing visions, and it also uses ocean-related metaphors ([i]I'm slowly drifting, drifting away. . . and it feels like I'm drowning, pulling against the stream.[/i] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdf5XaHU11U Are you still active on your DeviantArt account, by the way? (You are Melantha963?) I added a couple of your artworks to my favourites.
@bergentruckung
I would like to discuss the songs for Stormcatcher and Lightweaver (or Bossman or Glitters, or whatever you prefer to call them) in the 'Singing Voices' post on the old Human Deities thread. So I listened to the example songs and both of them are pretty cool! And I noticed something-they're both songs about love, but with very different attitudes to it and moods. Safe and Sound is so. . . sad? And soft? I don't know how else to describe it. While Bernadette sounds so 'villain-ish' Yeah. Someone on YouTube summarised the lyrics well.
Quote:
"I love the slight hint of menace here. This isn't an out-of-your-mind raving madness, but controlled, focused. I think the singer is in love, but not the normal kind of love. Not the safe, friendly, innocent kind, but the "I'd kill for you" kind. The kind that burns down their lover's world so that there is only them left."
I was wondering, do these songs refer to Stormcatcher and Lightweaver's relationship in any way?
Ayreria might stop you from revealing anything about that ship. They really are quite mysterious. What are they up to?

Anyway, have you considered how the deities dance? I made a thread a few weeks ago where other users could submit GIFs and headcanons, and I got some good contributions! I imagine the Arcanist to dance like this (Luna Lovegood dance yeah!)
tumblr_mpagkb2zYB1s47u83o1_500.gif
astrotheology wrote on 2016-03-03:
Icewarden stands in the corner and wishes he wasn't here.

That, or he waltzes like a dream for some reason.
CaptainSnowblack wrote on 2016-03-05:
Windsinger loves to dance so much, that he made Skydancers
Party in tornadoland
I think this one is quite accurate. It's easy to imagine him being a great dancer with his fun, exuberant personality!
Sallin wrote on 2016-03-05:
I can definitely see Stormcatcher just breaking out some awesome robot dancing, because if you're gonna be a dancer BE THE BEST DANCER AND OUTSHINE THE SLACKER FLIGHTS.

Windsinger is somehow incredible at the Running Man as well as the expected wiggly moves.

Tidelord doesn't care enough to dance, he just shows up, grabs a drink and starts muttering ominous things at the others.

Flamecaller sets fire to the dancefloor. Sometimes literally.
Stormdragon wrote on 2016-03-05:
Tinkertal wrote on 2016-03-03:
Pandacow wrote on 2016-03-03:
Stormcatcher would probably be that guy who dances awkwardly.
That, or after being pestered and cajoled for a century, finally throws up his mantis arms and launches into a full dance routine with emphasis on robotic movements and mimicing electric convulsions.
All before never speaking of it again. Ever.

No inbetween. Either the absolute worst. Or one of the best.
I like to think he has mad dance moves, possibly the best of all the deities, but like what Tinkertal just said, he never spoke of them before, nobody has ever seen him dance. And he just stuns everyone into silence and walks away without a word

What do you think? Pinging @Ayreria for her opinion too on how the deities dance too!

As for theme songs for the other deities, I think Waves by Mr Probz suits Tidelord well because the lyrics relate to his gloomy situation of seeing visions, and it also uses ocean-related metaphors (I'm slowly drifting, drifting away. . . and it feels like I'm drowning, pulling against the stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdf5XaHU11U

Are you still active on your DeviantArt account, by the way? (You are Melantha963?) I added a couple of your artworks to my favourites.
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
@QuetzalQueen

I actually picked the songs based on how close the singing in it comes to the way I imagine their singing voices to be (because some singers' voices can sound different depending on the songs), but thanks for pointing the differences between those songs! Didn't really cross my mind, but that's certainly interesting. As for whether or not it's related to Stormlight... I'm afraid you'll have to ask Ayreria. I don't actually know 100% what they have in store for our dorks so I can't tell, but even if I tell you what I do know, it may result in some serious maiming owo;;;

Speaking of dances, I believe we've discussed it a bit? I remember us coming to the conclusion that lord fuzzykins and droolmom are wonderful dancers and can probably do pairs. Mister noodle is very likely a naturally gifted dancer, and spacedad just. He can't dance. As for the rest, I don't quite remember, but the way you put tidepotato skipping the dance for a drink sounds about right! I may or may not have gotten some things wrong though so I'll need confirmation from my dear trashm8 on this topic.

Last of all I'm afraid I no longer go on DA, I've abandoned it quite some time ago in favor of using tumblr. You can find everything on mine tagged as "#high school au" if you'd like!
@QuetzalQueen

I actually picked the songs based on how close the singing in it comes to the way I imagine their singing voices to be (because some singers' voices can sound different depending on the songs), but thanks for pointing the differences between those songs! Didn't really cross my mind, but that's certainly interesting. As for whether or not it's related to Stormlight... I'm afraid you'll have to ask Ayreria. I don't actually know 100% what they have in store for our dorks so I can't tell, but even if I tell you what I do know, it may result in some serious maiming owo;;;

Speaking of dances, I believe we've discussed it a bit? I remember us coming to the conclusion that lord fuzzykins and droolmom are wonderful dancers and can probably do pairs. Mister noodle is very likely a naturally gifted dancer, and spacedad just. He can't dance. As for the rest, I don't quite remember, but the way you put tidepotato skipping the dance for a drink sounds about right! I may or may not have gotten some things wrong though so I'll need confirmation from my dear trashm8 on this topic.

Last of all I'm afraid I no longer go on DA, I've abandoned it quite some time ago in favor of using tumblr. You can find everything on mine tagged as "#high school au" if you'd like!
zu98AYW.gif
pYG2o2D.pngROOkhjW.pngqzuygoC.png
PxWaFa4.pngPqkCsO6.png
@bergentruckung @QuetzalQueen

Idunno I didn't pick the music, I didn't listen to music all that often, and I don't know what's happening. Or maybe I do know and I've forgotten. Who knows what I've been up to????

I do believe dancing had been discussed between my trashm8 and I, but we never actually posted anything about it (woops) I have some memories swimming around of what details came up (since it is relevant to some degree), so I may copy it down and post it later today or tomorrow. I've been busy with school things .w.;; It's mostly about their skill and interest in dancing, less of actual styles.
@bergentruckung @QuetzalQueen

Idunno I didn't pick the music, I didn't listen to music all that often, and I don't know what's happening. Or maybe I do know and I've forgotten. Who knows what I've been up to????

I do believe dancing had been discussed between my trashm8 and I, but we never actually posted anything about it (woops) I have some memories swimming around of what details came up (since it is relevant to some degree), so I may copy it down and post it later today or tomorrow. I've been busy with school things .w.;; It's mostly about their skill and interest in dancing, less of actual styles.
@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms @HunterGatherer @Rarmeowz @AviatorPi @Orbitz @ErukaTT @taat60 @Traidy @ManaStar @Seadevil @Zenara @TakanecW @Sadrain @Ishanna @Pluvia @AquaCoral @GuardianOwl @taat60 @Tanagwal @MettatonsLegs @AviatorPi @Zelan @Luca20 @WhiteWolfMoon @Phosphorescence @NebulasAndJays @Dragonheartnight @CelestialJelly @Volatus @WynterDragen @MutantCanuck @KiraJacqueline @Foxspell @ShadowFeather @QuetzalQueen @bergentruckung
Dancing Experience and Party Behaviors
These sort of lists were a thing worthy of full-list pings back in the old thread, so have at it. Just some notes on deities and their ability to break a move.
  • Earthshaker
    Not much of a dancer since his movements are kinda stiff and he's a bit embarrassed, but it's fun so he usually just settles for some sort of shuffle if he ever gets dragged onto the dancefloor for some reason (blame Lissa). More of the sort to just talk with his friends and make sure they're having fun.
  • Flamecaller
    Loves dancing and usually takes any opportunity to get down. Problem: she has zero dancing ability what-so ever, and is pretty much always off rhythm. She doesn't seem to realize this, but she probably wouldn't care if she did. She makes it up through sheer enthusiasm, though, and has good music suggestions.
  • Windsinger
    Likes to dance since it's fun and music is like a core part of his life, though, when it comes to parties, he generally is more often found talking to people over dancing. Still, he's good at getting the livening up the mood and motivating people to dance with him. Most of his experience involves ones found in movies and mainsteam dances, though he knows how to do more classic dances as well.
  • Tidelord
    He's not a particularly good dancer, but it's less of genuinely having no talent and more of him not quite finding the motivation to learn. He seems to have a good sense of rhythm, flow, and has some skill in mimicking others. Would probably be found at the food table and would probably go home early. If anyone ends up joining him at the snack bar, a bunch of stupid jokes are chained and that's how time gets burned.
  • Shadowbinder
    Surprisingly good dancer. She's good at learning through observation and is an excellent mimic, so she can pick things up really quick. Generally not one to show off and is more of a lurker, but can party hard if the reason is right. Her dancing is more elegant and fluid, and, if she makes any missteps, she can probably find a way to make it look purposeful and awesome.
  • Icewarden
    One of his hobbies is ice skating, so he owns a very good sense of balance and movement as well of being surprisingly graceful. Very skillful in the art of dancing, though he's not one who likes to admit it. He likes the activity, but he doesn't like the public. Why is he even at parties? Must've gotten dragged along. If he ever gets forced into dancing, it's almost always because of Shady.
  • Stormcatcher
    One of the few deities who actually had formal training in dancing because his mom was really big on dancing and so had her son take lessons. Like always, he's really hardcore on mastering skills, but, honestly, he hates dancing. While he's proficient at it, he would most rather just listen to music or, hey, play the jams himself. He's good at DJing, much to the shock of everyone.
  • Lightweaver
    She likes dancing and is interested in learning the art. However, most of her experience is limited to mimicking, a skill she's okay with but not to the extent of her sister. Either way, casually dancing at parties is usually a thing, but she also can be found just crowd watching or talking with friends.
  • Gladekeeper
    She took a few lessons when it comes to dancing, but she's honestly more freestyle compared to formal dances. Either way, she finds dancing really fun and is almost always dancing at parties, whether it's with just friends or she's contesting someone for the ownership of the hottest moves on the floor.
  • Plaguebringer
    One who usually attends parties but doesn't do all that much. Is most definitely at the food table and probably steals things off of other people's plates. A pretty decent dancer, surprisingly, though she's not really interested in it or music. Will enter any contests she finds at parties, though, whether it's a game, eating, or just showing up her sister.
  • Arcanist
    This lad does not dance. Just, no. He'll just end up twirling oddly and people will assume he's either on something or trying to summon a demon. Still fun. As for being at parties in general, he's probably a lurker who's there for the free food and/or his friends dragged him along (Windsock).

Also, first Intra-thread link! Yay!

Also, trashm8, I finally got around to replacing you on the ping list, woops.
Also also, QuetzalQueen, I hope you don't mind getting added to the list c:
@sugarfrost @Blizardstar @Upstart @TeaLeafves @PhoenixWarlord @Caelthus @Lionrae @BrightEyedBeast @Valka @dividedAnimus @Indarus @InkSphynx @symphonyofstorms @HunterGatherer @Rarmeowz @AviatorPi @Orbitz @ErukaTT @taat60 @Traidy @ManaStar @Seadevil @Zenara @TakanecW @Sadrain @Ishanna @Pluvia @AquaCoral @GuardianOwl @taat60 @Tanagwal @MettatonsLegs @AviatorPi @Zelan @Luca20 @WhiteWolfMoon @Phosphorescence @NebulasAndJays @Dragonheartnight @CelestialJelly @Volatus @WynterDragen @MutantCanuck @KiraJacqueline @Foxspell @ShadowFeather @QuetzalQueen @bergentruckung
Dancing Experience and Party Behaviors
These sort of lists were a thing worthy of full-list pings back in the old thread, so have at it. Just some notes on deities and their ability to break a move.
  • Earthshaker
    Not much of a dancer since his movements are kinda stiff and he's a bit embarrassed, but it's fun so he usually just settles for some sort of shuffle if he ever gets dragged onto the dancefloor for some reason (blame Lissa). More of the sort to just talk with his friends and make sure they're having fun.
  • Flamecaller
    Loves dancing and usually takes any opportunity to get down. Problem: she has zero dancing ability what-so ever, and is pretty much always off rhythm. She doesn't seem to realize this, but she probably wouldn't care if she did. She makes it up through sheer enthusiasm, though, and has good music suggestions.
  • Windsinger
    Likes to dance since it's fun and music is like a core part of his life, though, when it comes to parties, he generally is more often found talking to people over dancing. Still, he's good at getting the livening up the mood and motivating people to dance with him. Most of his experience involves ones found in movies and mainsteam dances, though he knows how to do more classic dances as well.
  • Tidelord
    He's not a particularly good dancer, but it's less of genuinely having no talent and more of him not quite finding the motivation to learn. He seems to have a good sense of rhythm, flow, and has some skill in mimicking others. Would probably be found at the food table and would probably go home early. If anyone ends up joining him at the snack bar, a bunch of stupid jokes are chained and that's how time gets burned.
  • Shadowbinder
    Surprisingly good dancer. She's good at learning through observation and is an excellent mimic, so she can pick things up really quick. Generally not one to show off and is more of a lurker, but can party hard if the reason is right. Her dancing is more elegant and fluid, and, if she makes any missteps, she can probably find a way to make it look purposeful and awesome.
  • Icewarden
    One of his hobbies is ice skating, so he owns a very good sense of balance and movement as well of being surprisingly graceful. Very skillful in the art of dancing, though he's not one who likes to admit it. He likes the activity, but he doesn't like the public. Why is he even at parties? Must've gotten dragged along. If he ever gets forced into dancing, it's almost always because of Shady.
  • Stormcatcher
    One of the few deities who actually had formal training in dancing because his mom was really big on dancing and so had her son take lessons. Like always, he's really hardcore on mastering skills, but, honestly, he hates dancing. While he's proficient at it, he would most rather just listen to music or, hey, play the jams himself. He's good at DJing, much to the shock of everyone.
  • Lightweaver
    She likes dancing and is interested in learning the art. However, most of her experience is limited to mimicking, a skill she's okay with but not to the extent of her sister. Either way, casually dancing at parties is usually a thing, but she also can be found just crowd watching or talking with friends.
  • Gladekeeper
    She took a few lessons when it comes to dancing, but she's honestly more freestyle compared to formal dances. Either way, she finds dancing really fun and is almost always dancing at parties, whether it's with just friends or she's contesting someone for the ownership of the hottest moves on the floor.
  • Plaguebringer
    One who usually attends parties but doesn't do all that much. Is most definitely at the food table and probably steals things off of other people's plates. A pretty decent dancer, surprisingly, though she's not really interested in it or music. Will enter any contests she finds at parties, though, whether it's a game, eating, or just showing up her sister.
  • Arcanist
    This lad does not dance. Just, no. He'll just end up twirling oddly and people will assume he's either on something or trying to summon a demon. Still fun. As for being at parties in general, he's probably a lurker who's there for the free food and/or his friends dragged him along (Windsock).

Also, first Intra-thread link! Yay!

Also, trashm8, I finally got around to replacing you on the ping list, woops.
Also also, QuetzalQueen, I hope you don't mind getting added to the list c:
@Ayreria

Oh my gosh that is adorable. The image of Bossman as a DJ is the best thing ever.
@Ayreria

Oh my gosh that is adorable. The image of Bossman as a DJ is the best thing ever.
w2N3au9.png
@Ayreria
I 100% approve of your headcanons! Of course, I think I'm most like Gladey.
I don't mind being put on the pinglist, by the way. :)
@Ayreria
I 100% approve of your headcanons! Of course, I think I'm most like Gladey.
I don't mind being put on the pinglist, by the way. :)
@ayreria
ARCANIST AND FLAMECALLER DANCE LIKE WHITE DADS
@ayreria
ARCANIST AND FLAMECALLER DANCE LIKE WHITE DADS
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@sugarfrost [size=1]omg you are here hiiii I hope I am doing okay[/size] This is Mather, probably. [img]http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01723/fVnav_1723936a.gif[/img] Archie is probably Lovegood up there.
@sugarfrost omg you are here hiiii I hope I am doing okay

This is Mather, probably.
fVnav_1723936a.gif
Archie is probably Lovegood up there.
@Ayreria
I found a thread about another artist's interpretations of the deities in human form. It's quite different from bergentruckung's art (they're adults instead of teenagers) but interesting. I especially like the Gladekeeper's design, of course (she's on page 7) :)
Here's the link:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1012172/1

I also have an unusual headcanon idea (because I obviously love dinosaurs, hehe) How would the characters react to being chased by a Tyrannosaurus or Velociraptors?
I imagine Gladey to say "Awwwww, dinosaurs have gotta eat too!" and then someone else (probably Plaguebringer) is probably like "WHAT?! Our lives are in danger here! Shut up!"
Lightweaver would probably be the one who freaks out at first but then becomes the smart one who uses light lasers a flashlight to distract the dinosaur. But you said she is ridiculously unathletic, so she wouldn't run away for long. Oh no.
I imagine the Arcanist would be the one who 'accidentally' got the dinosaur out of its enclosure in the first place! He's just like "WOW! This is so amazing." while everyone else is like "THANKS ARCANIST."
@Ayreria
I found a thread about another artist's interpretations of the deities in human form. It's quite different from bergentruckung's art (they're adults instead of teenagers) but interesting. I especially like the Gladekeeper's design, of course (she's on page 7) :)
Here's the link:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1012172/1

I also have an unusual headcanon idea (because I obviously love dinosaurs, hehe) How would the characters react to being chased by a Tyrannosaurus or Velociraptors?
I imagine Gladey to say "Awwwww, dinosaurs have gotta eat too!" and then someone else (probably Plaguebringer) is probably like "WHAT?! Our lives are in danger here! Shut up!"
Lightweaver would probably be the one who freaks out at first but then becomes the smart one who uses light lasers a flashlight to distract the dinosaur. But you said she is ridiculously unathletic, so she wouldn't run away for long. Oh no.
I imagine the Arcanist would be the one who 'accidentally' got the dinosaur out of its enclosure in the first place! He's just like "WOW! This is so amazing." while everyone else is like "THANKS ARCANIST."
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12