Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Server errors! Solved.
1 2 3
Update 16-12-2018 I still haven't had any errors, so I'm closing this thread as solved. ______________ Update 15-12-2018 Installed the new router today, and haven't had any errors since. I don't want to jynx it, but I think maybe it was the DNS and now that I have a new router the problem is solved. ____________ Update 6-12-2018 I contacted my ISP and inquired about the problem and DNS, and they think if it is the DNS then a new router will solve the problem, so they are sending me a new one for free! It will arrive in 4-5 days. [b]If that doesn't fix it, then the problem lies with flightrising. [/b] ____________ Update 4-12-2018 = Today I tried to train up 1 pair at 15:00 flight rising time and the error happened when the dragons got to level 5, so that is about 3-4 minutes in as per usual when the error happens. It seems that the [b]server error[/b] is related to how [u]busy[/u] the server is. ____________ Update: 3-12-2018 = Today I was able to train up 4 pairs of dragons in the mire between 2:40 and 3:20 Flight rising time without getting any server errors! It's a little too early to start cheering though, as I've made that mistake before... jynxing myself my cheering too soon. I mean this IS the least busy time on the site, so that could have something to do with it, but it is the longest I've gone so far without any server errors while using the normal flight rising coliseum link instead of the one mentioned below! :) _____________ [s][color=red]Solution found:[/color] If I use this link to coli I don't get server disconnection erros anymore:[/s] https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=battle If I use that link I will not get the disconnection errors as frequently, but I still get them. I guess 20 minutes of coli time beats 4 minutes of coli time, but unfortunately the problem persists When the traffic on the site is at its peak, so from about 13:00 to 22:00 FR time the error comes back every 3-4 mintues of being in coli, even with the special link, followed by the site being offline for 2-3 minutes. Worst. Festival. Ever. [color=red]Flight rising staff PLEASE fix this!!![/color] _________ So I keep getting: [quote]Connection to Flight Rising server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and not set to block flightrising.com.[/quote] Meanwhile all the other sites I visit work fine, so it's not my internet. It happens pretty frequently. I can't even train fodder up to level 7 in the mire without getting this, which is frustrating because then I have wait a min or two for it to pass before the site works again, plus I have to refresh my coli and regain my breath from scratch. Anyone else having this? [color=red]Edit: I waited 24 hours. Problem still there. I even have evidence of it now:[/color] https://gifyu.com/image/T6vg [i]It's a long gif so please be patient. To activate the load opening it in a new tab isn't enough, the gif image must be clicked, and then it needs 5 to 10 minutes at best to load if you have a decent internet connection. [/i] ____ [b]Things I've tried:[/b] - Trying different browsers - Running CCleaner which clears every cookie/history etc. every nook and cranny. - Trying the special link at the top of the post - Turning Faire Game Socket to alternate - Turning off my Firewall and Antivirus [b]My laptop specs:[/b] Win 8.1 core i7 12GB ram memory 64bit My location: Europe - Netherlands My internet provider: Ziggo THIS PROBLEM WAS NOT THERE BEFORE THE SERVER CHANGE. [b][color=red]Something is wrong with the new server.[/color][/b] Please fix it!!!
Update 16-12-2018
I still haven't had any errors, so I'm closing this thread as solved.
I contacted my ISP and inquired about the problem and DNS, and they think if it is the DNS then a new router will solve the problem, so they are sending me a new one for free! It will arrive in 4-5 days. If that doesn't fix it, then the problem lies with flightrising.
Update 4-12-2018 = Today I tried to train up 1 pair at 15:00 flight rising time and the error happened when the dragons got to level 5, so that is about 3-4 minutes in as per usual when the error happens. It seems that the server error is related to how busy the server is.
Update: 3-12-2018 = Today I was able to train up 4 pairs of dragons in the mire between 2:40 and 3:20 Flight rising time without getting any server errors!

It's a little too early to start cheering though, as I've made that mistake before... jynxing myself my cheering too soon. I mean this IS the least busy time on the site, so that could have something to do with it, but it is the longest I've gone so far without any server errors while using the normal flight rising coliseum link instead of the one mentioned below! :)

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=battle

If I use that link I will not get the disconnection errors as frequently, but I still get them. I guess 20 minutes of coli time beats 4 minutes of coli time, but unfortunately the problem persists

When the traffic on the site is at its peak, so from about 13:00 to 22:00 FR time the error comes back every 3-4 mintues of being in coli, even with the special link, followed by the site being offline for 2-3 minutes.

Worst. Festival. Ever.

Flight rising staff PLEASE fix this!!!
_________

So I keep getting:
Quote:
Connection to Flight Rising server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and not set to block flightrising.com.

Meanwhile all the other sites I visit work fine, so it's not my internet.

It happens pretty frequently. I can't even train fodder up to level 7 in the mire without getting this, which is frustrating because then I have wait a min or two for it to pass before the site works again, plus I have to refresh my coli and regain my breath from scratch.

Anyone else having this?

Edit: I waited 24 hours. Problem still there. I even have evidence of it now:

https://gifyu.com/image/T6vg

It's a long gif so please be patient. To activate the load opening it in a new tab isn't enough, the gif image must be clicked, and then it needs 5 to 10 minutes at best to load if you have a decent internet connection.

____

Things I've tried:
- Trying different browsers
- Running CCleaner which clears every cookie/history etc. every nook and cranny.
- Trying the special link at the top of the post
- Turning Faire Game Socket to alternate
- Turning off my Firewall and Antivirus

My laptop specs:
Win 8.1
core i7
12GB ram memory
64bit

My location: Europe - Netherlands
My internet provider: Ziggo

THIS PROBLEM WAS NOT THERE BEFORE THE SERVER CHANGE.
Something is wrong with the new server. Please fix it!!!

@inuraichi not sure this will work, but have you tried toggling the faire game socket in account settings?
@inuraichi not sure this will work, but have you tried toggling the faire game socket in account settings?
fzww6al.png
@chatoyant No, because before the server switch this problem never occurred before.

Besides, the entire site is unavailable for 1 to 2 minutes each time it occurs, so it's not a coli related problem.

The only reason I mentioned the coli is to give a timeframe of how frequest these server outings are occuring.
@chatoyant No, because before the server switch this problem never occurred before.

Besides, the entire site is unavailable for 1 to 2 minutes each time it occurs, so it's not a coli related problem.

The only reason I mentioned the coli is to give a timeframe of how frequest these server outings are occuring.
@inuraichi i see. it wasn't clear that the issue concerns the entire site
@inuraichi i see. it wasn't clear that the issue concerns the entire site
fzww6al.png
@inuraichi It's possible it's an effect of the server migration. Although, from accounts of people being unable to access the site it's more of a hard block and less of a 'works sometimes' thing. Although certain pages did work for them while others were locked out with the error page. So it might be a different issue. But I wanted toss this in here just in case. Either way I would send in a contact us if this continues on until tomorrow. [quote]DNS propagation for the new servers may take up to 24 hours, but we are hoping it will be much shorter than that. This means that even though the migration will be complete, some players may have access to the site while others don't. Unfortunately, we don't have control over this part as it is heavily reliant on factors such as internet service providers and what region you're accessing the site from.[/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2563948/1#post_36247013]Source[/url] If it is unrelated, then what browser are you using? Have you tried others? Does it work on your phone or another computer? If possible can you test it on a different internet connection? Do you have adblock installed or duck-duck-go? There have been ads lately that have been attempting to redirect players... Is it possible that one of those ads is attempting to or somehow reloading your page in an attempt to redirect you? All of these are just spaghetti guesses thrown at the wall but if any of them stick then hopefully someone can figure something out for you.
@inuraichi

It's possible it's an effect of the server migration. Although, from accounts of people being unable to access the site it's more of a hard block and less of a 'works sometimes' thing. Although certain pages did work for them while others were locked out with the error page.

So it might be a different issue. But I wanted toss this in here just in case. Either way I would send in a contact us if this continues on until tomorrow.
Quote:
DNS propagation for the new servers may take up to 24 hours, but we are hoping it will be much shorter than that. This means that even though the migration will be complete, some players may have access to the site while others don't. Unfortunately, we don't have control over this part as it is heavily reliant on factors such as internet service providers and what region you're accessing the site from.
Source

If it is unrelated, then what browser are you using? Have you tried others? Does it work on your phone or another computer? If possible can you test it on a different internet connection? Do you have adblock installed or duck-duck-go? There have been ads lately that have been attempting to redirect players... Is it possible that one of those ads is attempting to or somehow reloading your page in an attempt to redirect you? All of these are just spaghetti guesses thrown at the wall but if any of them stick then hopefully someone can figure something out for you.
IT7iTv8.png
Thanks. I'm 100% sure it is server migration, because before that I never had any issues like this.

I use FR through my computer and use google chrome. This has always worked fine for me until the server change.

I'm going to just wait out those 24 hours like you said, and if things don't change I'll send in a contact us.
Thanks. I'm 100% sure it is server migration, because before that I never had any issues like this.

I use FR through my computer and use google chrome. This has always worked fine for me until the server change.

I'm going to just wait out those 24 hours like you said, and if things don't change I'll send in a contact us.
I'm getting this problem too, even when all other websites work perfectly. I hope it's just because of the server migration, but this is going to be a big problem for me if I can't put in more lore for my dragons :/

Edit:
Idk if this would be related, but it also happened twice when I tried putting new clothes on one of my dergs.
I'm getting this problem too, even when all other websites work perfectly. I hope it's just because of the server migration, but this is going to be a big problem for me if I can't put in more lore for my dragons :/

Edit:
Idk if this would be related, but it also happened twice when I tried putting new clothes on one of my dergs.
I'm noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | I'm eldafr on tumblr93sr.png
@Elda I'm glad I'm not alone in this :( I have evidence of it on a gif now. Can you check if this is similar to what happens to you? If the gif takes long to load I understand. It is 48mb's and that is after I used an online compressor to make it smaller :(
@Elda I'm glad I'm not alone in this :( I have evidence of it on a gif now. Can you check if this is similar to what happens to you? If the gif takes long to load I understand. It is 48mb's and that is after I used an online compressor to make it smaller :(
@inuraichi
I'm also getting this especially when in the fairgrounds. I haven't done much in the coli yet but i'll keep my eye open for it when i do.
@inuraichi
I'm also getting this especially when in the fairgrounds. I haven't done much in the coli yet but i'll keep my eye open for it when i do.
extra-wing-left.pngextra-head-right.pngpGLtnaO.pngextra-head-left.pngextra-wing-right.png
@inuraichi

You are not alone and I don’t think it has something to do with the server migration. I have exactly the same problems since the open registration. Every once in a while, a new thread appears where people complain about connection/time out errors. All the reports are the same.

It happens to me when I try to melt down stuff in Baldwin, change apparel or familiars on my dragons, basically whenever a lot of stuff has to be loaded. I often see a white screen for a long time in the coli until finally the enemies appear and I can actually play. Sometimes I also lose the connection like you do.
After I get timed out, I cannot access any part of the site for a few minutes. I always clear my cache manually after this and then the site works again (after a minute or so). I don’t have any issues with other sites.

I cannot offer any help, I don’t know if the server cannot handle that much traffic, whether your connection is slow, it’s a browser issue, a regional problem or maybe a mixture of all. I just wanted to let you know that some people are having connection problems for quite a while. For me, FR has good and bad days and I try to be patient and live with it^^
@inuraichi

You are not alone and I don’t think it has something to do with the server migration. I have exactly the same problems since the open registration. Every once in a while, a new thread appears where people complain about connection/time out errors. All the reports are the same.

It happens to me when I try to melt down stuff in Baldwin, change apparel or familiars on my dragons, basically whenever a lot of stuff has to be loaded. I often see a white screen for a long time in the coli until finally the enemies appear and I can actually play. Sometimes I also lose the connection like you do.
After I get timed out, I cannot access any part of the site for a few minutes. I always clear my cache manually after this and then the site works again (after a minute or so). I don’t have any issues with other sites.

I cannot offer any help, I don’t know if the server cannot handle that much traffic, whether your connection is slow, it’s a browser issue, a regional problem or maybe a mixture of all. I just wanted to let you know that some people are having connection problems for quite a while. For me, FR has good and bad days and I try to be patient and live with it^^
1NzTPIR.pngiQrUd5S.png6iqaVJp.png
1 2 3