Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39
wow, this post is really amazing. Xhaztol, thank you so much for putting this together and posting it for all of us to read.

I'm one of those who have voiced their concerns with how communication has been going on this site, so seeing something like this is really heartening to me personally. so, thank you both for the concept and for the content of this post in particular. I can't speak for everyone on this site, but I know that, for me personally, knowing more or less where you guys stand on site issues really helps me to get a sense of how the site is progressing (not to mention, it lets me know what bugs I can stop complaining about!).

I'm also a fan of the community spotlight; that's a really nice touch. good work all around.
wow, this post is really amazing. Xhaztol, thank you so much for putting this together and posting it for all of us to read.

I'm one of those who have voiced their concerns with how communication has been going on this site, so seeing something like this is really heartening to me personally. so, thank you both for the concept and for the content of this post in particular. I can't speak for everyone on this site, but I know that, for me personally, knowing more or less where you guys stand on site issues really helps me to get a sense of how the site is progressing (not to mention, it lets me know what bugs I can stop complaining about!).

I'm also a fan of the community spotlight; that's a really nice touch. good work all around.
pEubtYJ.png
whoot, thanks for the clarification & updates!
whoot, thanks for the clarification & updates!
767VVTs.png
@Xhaztol Mind including some information about the Clanbound scatterscrolls?
People seem to be a bit confused or haven't heard of it
@Xhaztol Mind including some information about the Clanbound scatterscrolls?
People seem to be a bit confused or haven't heard of it
@Hera i been so exhausted i prolly missed the post about it before hand. xD
@Hera i been so exhausted i prolly missed the post about it before hand. xD
ld4kS5D.png
The games and coliseum, as well as exalting, are ways of making treasure - bringing treasure into the system. Selling dragons only moves dragons around the system.

The profitability of selling dragons is not an issue of the game's mechanics, rather it is based upon users' supply and demand; and as such I don't see it as something the admins have to "fix".

The issue currently is not enough ways to make treasure, as people not partial to any of the current options are likely to be unhappy having to do things they don't want to do to get treasure.

There are other games in development/debugging, it can't be helped but to wait for them to come out. I know of at least three games in development.
The games and coliseum, as well as exalting, are ways of making treasure - bringing treasure into the system. Selling dragons only moves dragons around the system.

The profitability of selling dragons is not an issue of the game's mechanics, rather it is based upon users' supply and demand; and as such I don't see it as something the admins have to "fix".

The issue currently is not enough ways to make treasure, as people not partial to any of the current options are likely to be unhappy having to do things they don't want to do to get treasure.

There are other games in development/debugging, it can't be helped but to wait for them to come out. I know of at least three games in development.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Oooh, very cool!
It's nice to hear from you guys about these matters, and I can't wait to read more of these in the future ^~^
Oooh, very cool!
It's nice to hear from you guys about these matters, and I can't wait to read more of these in the future ^~^
RmHSCAk.png NjbUgLV.png ycEeRDZ.png ONw09wm.pngRmHSCAk.png
@hera @blackfoxette

Xhaztol actually posted about them on the very first page... scroll to the bottom comments
@hera @blackfoxette

Xhaztol actually posted about them on the very first page... scroll to the bottom comments
767VVTs.png
Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim.

The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.
Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim.

The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.
Interesting response. I appreciate it, but I don't agree with your vision for the site.

One, the events are not very fun. It's pretty disappointing to hear that these monthly events are all we have to look forward to in the future. Unless they could possibly have more added to them in the future?

I also don't really agree about dragon prices. There are so many things that could be done to drastically improve the problem: larger lairs, price for breeding, longer cooldowns, limiting the number of times dragons can breed, etc.
Any one of those would have a great impact.

I don't really see what the point of the site will be when every dragon in any color/gene combination is easy to obtain, which we are fast approaching.
Interesting response. I appreciate it, but I don't agree with your vision for the site.

One, the events are not very fun. It's pretty disappointing to hear that these monthly events are all we have to look forward to in the future. Unless they could possibly have more added to them in the future?

I also don't really agree about dragon prices. There are so many things that could be done to drastically improve the problem: larger lairs, price for breeding, longer cooldowns, limiting the number of times dragons can breed, etc.
Any one of those would have a great impact.

I don't really see what the point of the site will be when every dragon in any color/gene combination is easy to obtain, which we are fast approaching.
ice_rune_50x50.png
[quote name="Myotis" date="2013-10-07 21:46:20"]Not being able to breed for a profit? So... what's supposed to keep us coming back once we achieve our goals and can't afford more lair space? It sounds like you all are punishing players for being active... That's a really bizarre thing for a game which is, ultimately, a breeding sim. The rest of the updates are exciting! I just really hope you rethink the economy stuff.[/quote] [color=green]Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements. (S'pose I should credit this. Quoted directly from full-of-steel on tumblr.)
Myotis wrote on 2013-10-07 21:46:20:

Flight Rising is not a breeding sim. It is a pet site/web RPG with breeding elements.

(S'pose I should credit this. Quoted directly from full-of-steel on tumblr.)
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39