Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 86 87
Can't wait
Can't wait
He looks so cool
He looks so cool
Do you think that there's an exact date when this will be set up yet?
Do you think that there's an exact date when this will be set up yet?
I love Galore with all my heart - looks amazing!
I love Galore with all my heart - looks amazing!
He looks like Alloy/Freckle/Underbelly
He looks like Alloy/Freckle/Underbelly

source.gif
He's cool looking! I wonder what items he'll have up for trade
He's cool looking! I wonder what items he'll have up for trade

source.gif
Cool
Cool
13727029_T11NorkbYt25IVD.png13274078_X3bZQjxAmJAeBNH.gif13727029_T11NorkbYt25IVD.png
@Stormhawke

I have only a few points to make in reply to your post, though I confess I get wordy even still.

Firstly, my first post to any of this was in favour of this change. Of Galore. If only because, yes, it's another NPC, it's more lore, more art, more immersion. However, seven days is not enough. Not for something you cannot get more than one of, a point your quote from another player misses also. (Buying an item everyone only gets one of? Do you have any idea how inflated the cost would be from those few who were willing to sell it? At least with the festivals, items come back if you can only get one, or some can buy multiples to sell off later. This keeps prices reasonable.) And, to counter your point about other games not allowing you to collect unless active. Fair, and agreed to, but most of those games have ample warning and longer than a week to obtain it. At least the ones I've ever been a part of. Life happens. Even to otherwise devotedly active players. And for a one per person item, that's a harsh thing to miss out on, and not at all about entitlement.

Second point, coding an entirely new NPC, making art for it, how is that less work than staggered, more limited handouts? Which was the whole point in mentioning staggered hand outs at all. It seemed simpler a solution. That is all. That aside, you mentioned that staggered handouts would likely earn upset players, something I can imagine would be true. However, Galore's time frame is already doing that. If it's made clear from the start that the hand outs happen in intervals, not all at once, that should be simple enough. Maybe there would be some confusion and complaints the first time, until people understand the process, but like with any change, it takes time for the populace to adjust. These are just considerations, however. Not a personal vendetta against having Galore around. As earlier stated, this is the route they took. And so long as some adjustments are made to keep it fair for everyone who actively plays the game, I personally support it. Just...

I must reiterate that this is very different than an item you can grind multiple copies off to sell off later to those who couldn't get it for them self. Prime example, if not a slightly exaggerated one, are familiars like the skycat given to kickstarter backers. (One of the few circumstances where that's a fair outcome.) Most will never stand a chance of having it short of dropping hundreds of actual USD on buying it from the maybe one soul that crops up once in a blue moon and decides to get rid of it. If it's a truly desirable item that most will actually want to keep in the first place, you're basically SOL for affording it if you don't get your hands on it during the event or quickly thereafter from someone who doesn't understand its potential value just yet. Especially true of familiars, which they've been known to give us. See the ultimate buttersnake or the phoenix, which still manage to sell for decent prices despite being handed out to all existing accounts at the time.

It's this price jump for those who happen to miss an event that has me speaking out at all. Because there's just too many things that could prevent someone from being able to log on for a whole week without warning. And besides, no one should have to plan real life around a social media pet site, no matter how endearing, addicting, etc. the site can be.
@Stormhawke

I have only a few points to make in reply to your post, though I confess I get wordy even still.

Firstly, my first post to any of this was in favour of this change. Of Galore. If only because, yes, it's another NPC, it's more lore, more art, more immersion. However, seven days is not enough. Not for something you cannot get more than one of, a point your quote from another player misses also. (Buying an item everyone only gets one of? Do you have any idea how inflated the cost would be from those few who were willing to sell it? At least with the festivals, items come back if you can only get one, or some can buy multiples to sell off later. This keeps prices reasonable.) And, to counter your point about other games not allowing you to collect unless active. Fair, and agreed to, but most of those games have ample warning and longer than a week to obtain it. At least the ones I've ever been a part of. Life happens. Even to otherwise devotedly active players. And for a one per person item, that's a harsh thing to miss out on, and not at all about entitlement.

Second point, coding an entirely new NPC, making art for it, how is that less work than staggered, more limited handouts? Which was the whole point in mentioning staggered hand outs at all. It seemed simpler a solution. That is all. That aside, you mentioned that staggered handouts would likely earn upset players, something I can imagine would be true. However, Galore's time frame is already doing that. If it's made clear from the start that the hand outs happen in intervals, not all at once, that should be simple enough. Maybe there would be some confusion and complaints the first time, until people understand the process, but like with any change, it takes time for the populace to adjust. These are just considerations, however. Not a personal vendetta against having Galore around. As earlier stated, this is the route they took. And so long as some adjustments are made to keep it fair for everyone who actively plays the game, I personally support it. Just...

I must reiterate that this is very different than an item you can grind multiple copies off to sell off later to those who couldn't get it for them self. Prime example, if not a slightly exaggerated one, are familiars like the skycat given to kickstarter backers. (One of the few circumstances where that's a fair outcome.) Most will never stand a chance of having it short of dropping hundreds of actual USD on buying it from the maybe one soul that crops up once in a blue moon and decides to get rid of it. If it's a truly desirable item that most will actually want to keep in the first place, you're basically SOL for affording it if you don't get your hands on it during the event or quickly thereafter from someone who doesn't understand its potential value just yet. Especially true of familiars, which they've been known to give us. See the ultimate buttersnake or the phoenix, which still manage to sell for decent prices despite being handed out to all existing accounts at the time.

It's this price jump for those who happen to miss an event that has me speaking out at all. Because there's just too many things that could prevent someone from being able to log on for a whole week without warning. And besides, no one should have to plan real life around a social media pet site, no matter how endearing, addicting, etc. the site can be.
Galore looks so beautiful! pretty excited for when this gets put into place now.
Galore looks so beautiful! pretty excited for when this gets put into place now.
so im a little confused. so is this where we can buy limited event items (like past famillars or apparel) or is this only where if you win it, it goes to Galore?
so im a little confused. so is this where we can buy limited event items (like past famillars or apparel) or is this only where if you win it, it goes to Galore?
nudX0O8.png
Rxl9DBX.png
1 2 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 86 87