Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mod App Deadline, ToS Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Xhaztol
Thanks for the reply.
I guess we'll have to disagree on the censorship but so be it.
I'm wondering how far this rule would extend.
If a user's account is terminated and they make a new one, is it within their rights to tell others that they are the same person on a fresh account by mentioning their old account on forums? Say as a signature, for ease.
@Xhaztol
Thanks for the reply.
If a user's account is terminated and they make a new one, is it within their rights to tell others that they are the same person on a fresh account by mentioning their old account on forums? Say as a signature, for ease.
cherry_com_zps0fcc8be8.png

I have a few extra immaculate tablets if anyone wants them. I've already gotten duplicates of everything I wanted so I'm willing to give them to whoever for free.

ETA: I checked and I have 4 tablets. If anyone wants'em, shoot me a message. Otherwise they go in the storage locker.

I have a few extra immaculate tablets if anyone wants them. I've already gotten duplicates of everything I wanted so I'm willing to give them to whoever for free.

ETA: I checked and I have 4 tablets. If anyone wants'em, shoot me a message. Otherwise they go in the storage locker.
I am unclear about this new rule. While you've explained your purpose behind it, the methodology of enforcement seems too vague and arbitrary.

Can users no longer discuss what can and can't constitute a ban? The phrasing of the rule implies users can't even discuss what isn't against the rules, since that would be discussing penalties. The use of the phrase 'we will no longer be tolerating' sounds very harsh and, yes, censor-heavy.
I am unclear about this new rule. While you've explained your purpose behind it, the methodology of enforcement seems too vague and arbitrary.

Can users no longer discuss what can and can't constitute a ban? The phrasing of the rule implies users can't even discuss what isn't against the rules, since that would be discussing penalties. The use of the phrase 'we will no longer be tolerating' sounds very harsh and, yes, censor-heavy.
MuwAAse.png
[quote name="Sitka" date="2013-06-29 20:58:37" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=209522#209900"]@Xhaztol Thanks for the reply. I guess we'll have to disagree on the censorship but so be it. I'm wondering how far this rule would extend. If a user's account is terminated and they make a new one, is it within their rights to tell others that they are the same person on a fresh account by mentioning their old account on forums? Say as a signature, for ease.[/quote] This would absolutely be acceptable. The intent behind this particular rule is to protect a user (if starting again) from potential harassment/lambasting (i.e. "tar-and-feathering") when they are attempting to play the game. If they made an error or went against the Terms of Service (with the exception of extreme situations or unacceptable/damaging social behavior), we are more than likely willing to let said user begin a new account completely fresh, and this is meant to allow them that. These cases are all of course treated separately and handled with the person in question (for instance, a person who was committing ongoing harassment against someone else would not be granted another chance), but I hope that sheds some light on it. :) Thank you for inquiring.
@Xhaztol
Thanks for the reply.

This would absolutely be acceptable. The intent behind this particular rule is to protect a user (if starting again) from potential harassment/lambasting (i.e. "tar-and-feathering") when they are attempting to play the game. If they made an error or went against the Terms of Service (with the exception of extreme situations or unacceptable/damaging social behavior), we are more than likely willing to let said user begin a new account completely fresh, and this is meant to allow them that. These cases are all of course treated separately and handled with the person in question (for instance, a person who was committing ongoing harassment against someone else would not be granted another chance), but I hope that sheds some light on it. :) Thank you for inquiring.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="thestorieswesay" date="2013-06-29 21:10:08" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=209522#209994"]I am unclear about this new rule. While you've explained your purpose behind it, the methodology of enforcement seems too vague and arbitrary. Can users no longer discuss what can and can't constitute a ban? The phrasing of the rule implies users can't even discuss what isn't against the rules, since that would be discussing penalties. The use of the phrase 'we will no longer be tolerating' sounds very harsh and, yes, censor-heavy.[/quote] Apologies for any misconception, please see my above post for clarification. :)

Apologies for any misconception, please see my above post for clarification. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Thanks for the updates :3
I wanted to try for mod positions, but I dont have much pwadmin experience on this forum, ie helping others, so not sure how far id get XD
Thanks for the updates :3
I wanted to try for mod positions, but I dont have much pwadmin experience on this forum, ie helping others, so not sure how far id get XD
Thanks for the updates guys:3
Thanks for the updates guys:3
Umm...no extra tablets because I had to buy some to get what I wanted. Maybe when I can spend treasure again I could get some on the cheap for next year's. Thanks for the holiday!

I forgot that rule about the familiars so I will just stare at my extra one since it was at a good price. :)

P.S. Is it possible for the skins to come back next year? Or maybe a last chance event at the end of the year? Or during January because there isn't an event then? Or whatever else to get them back...hehe!
Umm...no extra tablets because I had to buy some to get what I wanted. Maybe when I can spend treasure again I could get some on the cheap for next year's. Thanks for the holiday!

I forgot that rule about the familiars so I will just stare at my extra one since it was at a good price. :)

P.S. Is it possible for the skins to come back next year? Or maybe a last chance event at the end of the year? Or during January because there isn't an event then? Or whatever else to get them back...hehe!
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
brightshine jubilee was super fun. ;w; thank you!!!

edit: oh, i didn't think about the skins going away. :c haha, i was hoping to win one in the coliseum! maybe i'll have to break down and buy it.
brightshine jubilee was super fun. ;w; thank you!!!

edit: oh, i didn't think about the skins going away. :c haha, i was hoping to win one in the coliseum! maybe i'll have to break down and buy it.
tumblr_inline_mwqux7TPiM1rbhbr0.png
i wish we had more time or an extension or something for a chance to get the holiday stuff. the coliseum/ site in general didn't work all week for me and i barely got a chance to attempt to score tablets or special items from it :(
i wish we had more time or an extension or something for a chance to get the holiday stuff. the coliseum/ site in general didn't work all week for me and i barely got a chance to attempt to score tablets or special items from it :(
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7