Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2016
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
I for one thought that the chest drop rate was way too high. auction prices for most new familiars dropped below 10k by the 3rd/4th day of the event.

I don't get the perennial complaint that the (supposedly) "low drop rate" of chests in the coli was an impediment towards getting a full set of the new familiars/eq. if you really had such bad luck with the coli, the money that you earned from coli grinding in that period would have been sufficient for you to grab the remaining ones off the AH given their generally affordable prices. if you say that you haven't even got the money to do that, that means you probably haven't grinded long enough in the coli to complain about the drop rates in the first place.

just my 2c.
I for one thought that the chest drop rate was way too high. auction prices for most new familiars dropped below 10k by the 3rd/4th day of the event.

I don't get the perennial complaint that the (supposedly) "low drop rate" of chests in the coli was an impediment towards getting a full set of the new familiars/eq. if you really had such bad luck with the coli, the money that you earned from coli grinding in that period would have been sufficient for you to grab the remaining ones off the AH given their generally affordable prices. if you say that you haven't even got the money to do that, that means you probably haven't grinded long enough in the coli to complain about the drop rates in the first place.

just my 2c.
@hiroki
So, in other words, "If you didn't grind too much in the coliseum you have no right to complain"? No words can explain how much I despise this mindset, so sorry in advance if I sound rude.

First of all, this event happened in the busiest time of the year. Most people didn't even have much time to spend in the coliseum in the first place because this event is so badly timed. Not to mention that the mere fact this event is so centered on the coliseum is already problematic, because to a huge part of the community coligrinding is an awfully TEDIOUS activity and they simply can't stand its repetitive mechanics, I specially loathe it because before coming across a wave of mimics that only MIGHT drop a chest, I will have to go through an average of 3-5 waves of opponents unrelated to the event.

Secondly, you speak as if we got tons of treasure from coligrinding, when in truth we really don't. The loot from coligrinding is laughably cheap and you wouldn't make much from selling it, unless you were extremely lucky and managed to find a very rare drop like dragon eggs and rare familiars. Relying on luck isn't the answer at all. Also, of course the event rewards were considerably cheap during the event, that's expected to happen in its runtime when we all have unlimited access to these exclusive items, regardless of the chest drop rate. However, take a look at the huge amount of stuff this event has introduced this year alone. Vistas, familiars, entire sets of apparel that are incredibly beautiful and desirable... if each of those items cost a measly 10k, we would still have to spend a fortune to get everything! I had to buy 4 familiars at the end because I couldn't get them by the end of the event, and they cost around 13k each, that's 52k spent on completing my set of the new familiars. That's a lot and I'd rather have a fair chance to get them while actually playing the event instead of simply burning treasure like that...

... Which is not the case because the chances weren't fair at all! The drop rate was atrocious because the RNG was clearly just as unbalanced as last year since it either punished the player or flooded them with chests. In the very first day, where our gathering turns were boosted to 30, I found no chests at all, and in the following days I barely found any. Hell at some point I found no chests in my gathering turns for THREE days in a row, and not a single friend of mine was lucky either with that. The coliseum wasn't any better either because even though I pushed myself to grind for an average of 5 hours a day, I'd only find about 3 chests in that amount of time. There very few days where I spent the whole day coligrinding and only got 10 chests at most, and one of those days I got NONE. Meanwhile I've seen other people commenting they were finding about 10 chests per hour, which is such an insane contrast you can easily tell how unbalanced the RNG is.

I couldn't rely neither on coligrinding nor on gathering to find chests, so the vast majority of mine were from brewing at Baldwin's or from trading at Swipp's. I'm specially thankful for the Baldwin option because I'm constantly brewing tons of materials, but when it came to Swipp's trades I still had to rely a lot on coligrinding in specific venues in order to get specific loot... and considering, you know, how the admins completely went back on their words and failed to cycle the loot like they announced they would do throughout the event, a lot of those trades were out of question for me since I couldn't properly grind in the higher venues.

So really, those who are complaining do have every right to do so. It's really great that you had luck and were able to enjoy the event, but you shouldn't shush those who didn't and prevent them criticizing the things they found problematic.
@hiroki
So, in other words, "If you didn't grind too much in the coliseum you have no right to complain"? No words can explain how much I despise this mindset, so sorry in advance if I sound rude.

First of all, this event happened in the busiest time of the year. Most people didn't even have much time to spend in the coliseum in the first place because this event is so badly timed. Not to mention that the mere fact this event is so centered on the coliseum is already problematic, because to a huge part of the community coligrinding is an awfully TEDIOUS activity and they simply can't stand its repetitive mechanics, I specially loathe it because before coming across a wave of mimics that only MIGHT drop a chest, I will have to go through an average of 3-5 waves of opponents unrelated to the event.

Secondly, you speak as if we got tons of treasure from coligrinding, when in truth we really don't. The loot from coligrinding is laughably cheap and you wouldn't make much from selling it, unless you were extremely lucky and managed to find a very rare drop like dragon eggs and rare familiars. Relying on luck isn't the answer at all. Also, of course the event rewards were considerably cheap during the event, that's expected to happen in its runtime when we all have unlimited access to these exclusive items, regardless of the chest drop rate. However, take a look at the huge amount of stuff this event has introduced this year alone. Vistas, familiars, entire sets of apparel that are incredibly beautiful and desirable... if each of those items cost a measly 10k, we would still have to spend a fortune to get everything! I had to buy 4 familiars at the end because I couldn't get them by the end of the event, and they cost around 13k each, that's 52k spent on completing my set of the new familiars. That's a lot and I'd rather have a fair chance to get them while actually playing the event instead of simply burning treasure like that...

... Which is not the case because the chances weren't fair at all! The drop rate was atrocious because the RNG was clearly just as unbalanced as last year since it either punished the player or flooded them with chests. In the very first day, where our gathering turns were boosted to 30, I found no chests at all, and in the following days I barely found any. Hell at some point I found no chests in my gathering turns for THREE days in a row, and not a single friend of mine was lucky either with that. The coliseum wasn't any better either because even though I pushed myself to grind for an average of 5 hours a day, I'd only find about 3 chests in that amount of time. There very few days where I spent the whole day coligrinding and only got 10 chests at most, and one of those days I got NONE. Meanwhile I've seen other people commenting they were finding about 10 chests per hour, which is such an insane contrast you can easily tell how unbalanced the RNG is.

I couldn't rely neither on coligrinding nor on gathering to find chests, so the vast majority of mine were from brewing at Baldwin's or from trading at Swipp's. I'm specially thankful for the Baldwin option because I'm constantly brewing tons of materials, but when it came to Swipp's trades I still had to rely a lot on coligrinding in specific venues in order to get specific loot... and considering, you know, how the admins completely went back on their words and failed to cycle the loot like they announced they would do throughout the event, a lot of those trades were out of question for me since I couldn't properly grind in the higher venues.

So really, those who are complaining do have every right to do so. It's really great that you had luck and were able to enjoy the event, but you shouldn't shush those who didn't and prevent them criticizing the things they found problematic.
ssjS89N.png
How come enchanter's tatters bundle is still in the gem MP? Night of Noc's over
How come enchanter's tatters bundle is still in the gem MP? Night of Noc's over
AZaaqmj.png sushi_1.png
I really enjoyed Notn this year since my dragons were a higher level they were able to help me grind much better than last year :D

The chest drop rate was pretty decent and I really loved the return of past Notn items since last year I wasn't able to get much :)

I do have a tip though since I know the past Notn things can't keep stacking up each year,
Do a rotation type thing! Just like the seasonal winds in the MP :D
Each Notn have the New Notn things, the previous year's Notn things, and one more randomly chosen year's Notn things :D

That way nothing's too clogged up but nothing's too expensive and unfindable :)

Looking forward to next year, this is one of my fav events ^w^
I really enjoyed Notn this year since my dragons were a higher level they were able to help me grind much better than last year :D

The chest drop rate was pretty decent and I really loved the return of past Notn items since last year I wasn't able to get much :)

I do have a tip though since I know the past Notn things can't keep stacking up each year,
Do a rotation type thing! Just like the seasonal winds in the MP :D
Each Notn have the New Notn things, the previous year's Notn things, and one more randomly chosen year's Notn things :D

That way nothing's too clogged up but nothing's too expensive and unfindable :)

Looking forward to next year, this is one of my fav events ^w^
I am Subbed to all topics I create. If on another user's forum, Ping me @PhysIIk
[LF] Soil/Jungle/Coal Female
B4US4Db.png
@Lilian PREACH
@Lilian PREACH
And I love you, random forum poster!
VfSmU07.gif
[quote name="Undel" date=2016-12-18 01:12:00] After two weeks have passed, Nocturnes, their eggs, and their [b]Strange Chests[/b] will become scarce until next year, when they again return. [center][size=4][b]IMPORTANT NOTE: Strange Chests will disintegrate after [u]23:59 server time, January 2, 2017[/u]. Be sure to open all of them before the event ends![/b][/size][/center] [/quote] This... confuses me greatly... Are they gone, or are they "scarce"?
Undel wrote on 2016-12-18:
After two weeks have passed, Nocturnes, their eggs, and their Strange Chests will become scarce until next year, when they again return.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Strange Chests will disintegrate after 23:59 server time, January 2, 2017. Be sure to open all of them before the event ends!

This... confuses me greatly... Are they gone, or are they "scarce"?
@MishaBaby completely gone until next year :)
@MishaBaby completely gone until next year :)
JqmjqQW.pngAWAnvtM.png
[quote name="Nightsail" date=2017-01-01 05:19:09] Sooo... I had two Strange Chests brewing at Baldwin's that should've been ready shortly after rollover this morning. I went to collect them, and... the cauldron was empty. Didn't have the two chests in my hoard, either; they just... aren't there. Anyone else have this issue? Because if I'd known I wasn't going to get those chests, I really would've rather just have saved those components. :( [/quote] This ^ I am not positive what I had brewing the last time I was in there, but I doubt it was a chest as I was trying to gather other things, but whatever it was turned to dust. I was quite sick still when I was last on ( I say last, I mean prior to yesterday, sorry, I jumped on momentarily yesterday but didn't have time to come find this) and so I thoroughly meant to come back to retrieve whatever it was brewing prior to the end of the event and poof it's dust. It's possible it was a chest set. I would rather have had my items returned than wasted the lot on a dust.
Nightsail wrote on 2017-01-01:
Sooo... I had two Strange Chests brewing at Baldwin's that should've been ready shortly after rollover this morning. I went to collect them, and... the cauldron was empty. Didn't have the two chests in my hoard, either; they just... aren't there. Anyone else have this issue? Because if I'd known I wasn't going to get those chests, I really would've rather just have saved those components. :(

This ^
I am not positive what I had brewing the last time I was in there, but I doubt it was a chest as I was trying to gather other things, but whatever it was turned to dust. I was quite sick still when I was last on ( I say last, I mean prior to yesterday, sorry, I jumped on momentarily yesterday but didn't have time to come find this) and so I thoroughly meant to come back to retrieve whatever it was brewing prior to the end of the event and poof it's dust. It's possible it was a chest set. I would rather have had my items returned than wasted the lot on a dust.
It was amazing!
It was amazing!
Thank you so much for such an incredible event, it was so much fun to participate in over the Christmas holidays!

The new familiars are fabulous and the team really out did themselves with the new apparel—completely gorgeous!

Thank you! :D
Thank you so much for such an incredible event, it was so much fun to participate in over the Christmas holidays!

The new familiars are fabulous and the team really out did themselves with the new apparel—completely gorgeous!

Thank you! :D
UVkxwKU.png0MgCmmH.pngKomVjnb.png
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101