Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2016
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 100 101
@WinterArcanist
only the chests disappear not what comes from them
@WinterArcanist
only the chests disappear not what comes from them
MRb9YPn.png
I don't want to buy a whole bundle, just a few of the items.. but it's so rare to see them stock in the MP ;__;
I don't want to buy a whole bundle, just a few of the items.. but it's so rare to see them stock in the MP ;__;
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
@WinterArcanist It means the enemies in the coliseum that drop the chests will disappear until next year. All the loot you've gotten will stay in your hoard. (And unopened chests will turn into nocturnal dust)
@WinterArcanist It means the enemies in the coliseum that drop the chests will disappear until next year. All the loot you've gotten will stay in your hoard. (And unopened chests will turn into nocturnal dust)
I'm a bit curious about the drop rates of the apparels.
Most of the drops seem to be familiars (I've got a mixed bundle of new and old at maybe 2:1 ratio) and that's no wonder seeing just how many new ones were added this year.
What makes me wonder is the drop rate of the ghost flame apparel though, as I have 4 of them compared to 9 new conjurer apparel. I'm not particularly fond of the deep purple shade nor the patchy look so I wasn't too sad of missing them last year but now that I'm trying to collect the purdy new ghost flame set the conjurers make a comeback.
How big is the difference between the old and new apparel drop rate?
Is this just bad luck with the ratio?
Especially with the reduced chest drops from gathering (down from ~3 to 1 or 0 per day) it makes me wonder if getting the ghost flame wing ribbons is through the auction house with a ridiculous price :')
/Edit: last day of the event and i got the wing ribbons yessss
Ghost flame wing ribbons: accuired
NotN: saved
Dragons: Purdy
I'm forcibly ending the chest chase. /end edit

Overall this event is going better than the previous two (for me at least).
Baldwin's been a blessing with brewing the 2 chests over night and a saver for the dropless gatherings.
I'm a bit curious about the drop rates of the apparels.
Most of the drops seem to be familiars (I've got a mixed bundle of new and old at maybe 2:1 ratio) and that's no wonder seeing just how many new ones were added this year.
What makes me wonder is the drop rate of the ghost flame apparel though, as I have 4 of them compared to 9 new conjurer apparel. I'm not particularly fond of the deep purple shade nor the patchy look so I wasn't too sad of missing them last year but now that I'm trying to collect the purdy new ghost flame set the conjurers make a comeback.
How big is the difference between the old and new apparel drop rate?
Is this just bad luck with the ratio?
Especially with the reduced chest drops from gathering (down from ~3 to 1 or 0 per day) it makes me wonder if getting the ghost flame wing ribbons is through the auction house with a ridiculous price :')
/Edit: last day of the event and i got the wing ribbons yessss
Ghost flame wing ribbons: accuired
NotN: saved
Dragons: Purdy
I'm forcibly ending the chest chase. /end edit

Overall this event is going better than the previous two (for me at least).
Baldwin's been a blessing with brewing the 2 chests over night and a saver for the dropless gatherings.
badge1_by_mintinol-dbs9d15.pngyellow_by_mintinol-dbs9d5h.png
green_by_mintinol-dbs9d5q.png
blue_by_mintinol-dbs9d5f.png
purple_by_mintinol-dbs9d5m.png
pink_by_mintinol-dbs9d5o.png
@LapisLupus
Well, Training Fields are probably the worst place to grind, in my opinion. There are less 2-enemy teams and no 3-enemy teams, so you're spending more time waiting for the next battle to load than actually battling. Woodland Path isn't the best chest-drop-wise, but you should also count the materials that you're getting - out of these 20 chests per hour that I get, 5-8 are actually not direct Coli drops. Trinkets and food drop at a pretty good rate, so even if you're not lucky with the Coli chests, you can still get some from Swipp. The Path is one of a few places where you can get both Food and Trinkets for the trade.

This guide is a pretty useful took for Swipp+Coli chest grinding.

@CanesGalactica
3 chests out of 100 battles sounds fair for me, though? It depends on your Internet connection, dragons and browser, but if you're lucky enough to have a fast Coliseum and a team of lvl 25 dragons, a single battle in the Jungles takes about 10 seconds (even less if you manage to Eliminate everything without dodges), so it's roughly 10 chests per hour + materials (since Rainsong drops both trinkets and food), so let's say ~13 chests per hour, give or take 3-4. Which is ~200k treasure per hour if you sell them, a pretty nice haul in my opinion.

Of course, it does take much more time if you're leveling up a dragon, but that just depends on your priorities I guess? I use three completed glass cannons, so I do miss out on experience and profit exalting, but I move through the battles faster, and thus get more loot.
I totally understand the lack of time though, and I'm sorry it's frustrating for you. I missed a couple of Festivals and the first week of NotN because of RL stuff, too, it sucks to miss out on something. If you're got some doubles of familiars, there are people trading them to help each other to complete their collections!
I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything, the language barrier hits me hard when I'm ill. I hope RNG will be kinder to you during the rest of the Night!
@LapisLupus
Well, Training Fields are probably the worst place to grind, in my opinion. There are less 2-enemy teams and no 3-enemy teams, so you're spending more time waiting for the next battle to load than actually battling. Woodland Path isn't the best chest-drop-wise, but you should also count the materials that you're getting - out of these 20 chests per hour that I get, 5-8 are actually not direct Coli drops. Trinkets and food drop at a pretty good rate, so even if you're not lucky with the Coli chests, you can still get some from Swipp. The Path is one of a few places where you can get both Food and Trinkets for the trade.

This guide is a pretty useful took for Swipp+Coli chest grinding.

@CanesGalactica
3 chests out of 100 battles sounds fair for me, though? It depends on your Internet connection, dragons and browser, but if you're lucky enough to have a fast Coliseum and a team of lvl 25 dragons, a single battle in the Jungles takes about 10 seconds (even less if you manage to Eliminate everything without dodges), so it's roughly 10 chests per hour + materials (since Rainsong drops both trinkets and food), so let's say ~13 chests per hour, give or take 3-4. Which is ~200k treasure per hour if you sell them, a pretty nice haul in my opinion.

Of course, it does take much more time if you're leveling up a dragon, but that just depends on your priorities I guess? I use three completed glass cannons, so I do miss out on experience and profit exalting, but I move through the battles faster, and thus get more loot.
I totally understand the lack of time though, and I'm sorry it's frustrating for you. I missed a couple of Festivals and the first week of NotN because of RL stuff, too, it sucks to miss out on something. If you're got some doubles of familiars, there are people trading them to help each other to complete their collections!
I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything, the language barrier hits me hard when I'm ill. I hope RNG will be kinder to you during the rest of the Night!
KmnIjfw.png
[quote name="Nabesima" date=2016-12-29 06:09:04] @CanesGalactica 3 chests out of 100 battles sounds fair for me, though? It depends on your Internet connection, dragons and browser, but if you're lucky enough to have a fast Coliseum and a team of lvl 25 dragons, a single battle in the Jungles takes about 10 seconds (even less if you manage to Eliminate everything without dodges), so it's roughly 10 chests per hour + materials (since Rainsong drops both trinkets and food), so let's say ~13 chests per hour, give or take 3-4. Which is ~200k treasure per hour if you sell them, a pretty nice haul in my opinion. Of course, it does take much more time if you're leveling up a dragon, but that just depends on your priorities I guess? I use three completed glass cannons, so I do miss out on experience and profit exalting, but I move through the battles faster, and thus get more loot. I totally understand the lack of time though, and I'm sorry it's frustrating for you. I missed a couple of Festivals and the first week of NotN because of RL stuff, too, it sucks to miss out on something. If you're got some doubles of familiars, there are people trading them to help each other to complete their collections! I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything, the language barrier hits me hard when I'm ill. I hope RNG will be kinder to you during the rest of the Night! [/quote] Nah, you don't sound rude at all. My point is that the 100 battles I do as a base to determine where is best to farm for events was not yielding near what the guide I was using suggested I should be getting. I was farming in Rainsong Jungle and the 100 battles was actually taking me an hour to complete because I have two 25 dragons and one who is currently at 21. It's not that I don't have multiple level 25 dragons (I have several and sell others on the side), but that the yields people are reporting do not seem to be happening on my end. When i did Sandswept Delta last night (as per suggestions here), I only managed 3 chests in 100 battles, but the battles went by much faster because I only had to Eliminate them, not Scratch, then Eliminate. My Internet connection is actually pretty fast compared to other places I've lived and I have no problem (here) running Coli. I do actually remember the first NotN.. and the Coliseum was horrendous. But even with the battles going by faster, I still would only be averaging 6 chests an hour, not the 10-14 that everyone else is talking about.. so I still believe there is something wrong (even if it's just that the RNG really hates my guts this year). It just makes things unfun when you can't spend infinite hours grinding for the stuff. I was VERY fortunate that someone here saw my first post addressing my concerns and sent me [i]a lot[/i] of the familiars. I'm still looking for some of them (the new guys) and the apparel pieces. I'm going to have to concede defeat in getting all of the vistas, unfortunately. I just don't have enough treasure or gems right now to buy them all since I spent the gems I did have on buying that bundle set of apparel. :( Oh well. It's clear from others that not everyone is having such horrible luck, but man.. my luck wasn't this bad in the last two festivals.. but it sure is this go around.
Nabesima wrote on 2016-12-29:
@CanesGalactica

Nah, you don't sound rude at all. My point is that the 100 battles I do as a base to determine where is best to farm for events was not yielding near what the guide I was using suggested I should be getting. I was farming in Rainsong Jungle and the 100 battles was actually taking me an hour to complete because I have two 25 dragons and one who is currently at 21. It's not that I don't have multiple level 25 dragons (I have several and sell others on the side), but that the yields people are reporting do not seem to be happening on my end.

When i did Sandswept Delta last night (as per suggestions here), I only managed 3 chests in 100 battles, but the battles went by much faster because I only had to Eliminate them, not Scratch, then Eliminate. My Internet connection is actually pretty fast compared to other places I've lived and I have no problem (here) running Coli. I do actually remember the first NotN.. and the Coliseum was horrendous. But even with the battles going by faster, I still would only be averaging 6 chests an hour, not the 10-14 that everyone else is talking about.. so I still believe there is something wrong (even if it's just that the RNG really hates my guts this year).

It just makes things unfun when you can't spend infinite hours grinding for the stuff.

I was VERY fortunate that someone here saw my first post addressing my concerns and sent me a lot of the familiars. I'm still looking for some of them (the new guys) and the apparel pieces. I'm going to have to concede defeat in getting all of the vistas, unfortunately. I just don't have enough treasure or gems right now to buy them all since I spent the gems I did have on buying that bundle set of apparel. :( Oh well.

It's clear from others that not everyone is having such horrible luck, but man.. my luck wasn't this bad in the last two festivals.. but it sure is this go around.
tumblr_inline_nk71a9tcrJ1qg2i5p.png
From what I've been seeing everyone either has disgustingly awful luck, or a crazy amount of luck. The idea of getting 20 chests per hour is absolutely insane to me since I've been barely getting 10 chests from the coliseum per day(and most of the chests drop bears and older familiars -.-). None of my friends have been lucky either.

In fact I gave up on coligrinding entirely at this point and started brewing chests instead, I can't stand the tedious, repetitive mechanics of the coliseum and it's a lot worse when you spend hours on it without getting a single chest... and yes, I've been playing in the sandswept delta and crystal pools. I don't really see any difference of chest drop rates from venue to venue, honestly, all of them suck.
From what I've been seeing everyone either has disgustingly awful luck, or a crazy amount of luck. The idea of getting 20 chests per hour is absolutely insane to me since I've been barely getting 10 chests from the coliseum per day(and most of the chests drop bears and older familiars -.-). None of my friends have been lucky either.

In fact I gave up on coligrinding entirely at this point and started brewing chests instead, I can't stand the tedious, repetitive mechanics of the coliseum and it's a lot worse when you spend hours on it without getting a single chest... and yes, I've been playing in the sandswept delta and crystal pools. I don't really see any difference of chest drop rates from venue to venue, honestly, all of them suck.
ssjS89N.png
What gives 3rd year and still cannot even get a egg drop in this game. Been trying to get nocturne egg and no luck. Why are the drop rates so low and bad? Barely getting any boxes as well
What gives 3rd year and still cannot even get a egg drop in this game. Been trying to get nocturne egg and no luck. Why are the drop rates so low and bad? Barely getting any boxes as well
Fenithsigbanner01_zpsbd1d0c5c.jpg
[quote name="Natakiro" date=2016-12-28 09:08:15] *enter gripe mode* idk what the issue is today, but I haven't gotten a single chest. :/ I've been in the coli long enough to watch two 30-minute Youtube videos, 1 episode of a TV show, and the second half of a long movie, and haven't seen a single chest, and on top of that, haven't gotten any from gathering for the last few days. I am about to just quit. >:| Times like this make the event a massive UNFUN chore. I have enough items for myself, but I'm trying to get some for my one sister, who doesn't have internet this week, and it's just driving me up the wall at this point. I was thinking "Oh, I won't do anything fun and I have time, so why no grind for a few hours before I leave the house for the rest of the day?" only to get irritated with 0 chests. What a waste of my time. Spending two-and-a-half or so hours grinding should at least get me something. Ugh, and if I do get a chest, it will probably be a wooden marionette for the five-millionth time. [/quote] Last week I had more chests than I knew what to do with, this week I'm having the exact same luck as you. I've had to check the event is still going...
Natakiro wrote on 2016-12-28:
*enter gripe mode* idk what the issue is today, but I haven't gotten a single chest. :/ I've been in the coli long enough to watch two 30-minute Youtube videos, 1 episode of a TV show, and the second half of a long movie, and haven't seen a single chest, and on top of that, haven't gotten any from gathering for the last few days. I am about to just quit. >:| Times like this make the event a massive UNFUN chore. I have enough items for myself, but I'm trying to get some for my one sister, who doesn't have internet this week, and it's just driving me up the wall at this point.

I was thinking "Oh, I won't do anything fun and I have time, so why no grind for a few hours before I leave the house for the rest of the day?" only to get irritated with 0 chests. What a waste of my time. Spending two-and-a-half or so hours grinding should at least get me something. Ugh, and if I do get a chest, it will probably be a wooden marionette for the five-millionth time.

Last week I had more chests than I knew what to do with, this week I'm having the exact same luck as you. I've had to check the event is still going...
wooooo
wooooo
uHNAhJY.png
1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 100 101