Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] Great Sornieth Bird Banding
1 2 3 4 5 6
@williwawwarden completely understandable! it's definitely a lot of info haha

basically the different stations all have different sets of bird badges that can be unlocked, but they'll only unlock after crossing a certain thresholds (listed in the rules post) of cumulative points from all the bird items sent in to that particular station (different items/species being worth different amount of points - mainly based around number of food points or LAH yielded). If you've donated to a particular station, you can collect any of the unlocked badges from that station!

and no need to apologize! it's my first time running an event like this so it's good to know if I need to clarify anything/change rules/etc for the future; feel free to ask any questions if you've got more!
@williwawwarden completely understandable! it's definitely a lot of info haha

basically the different stations all have different sets of bird badges that can be unlocked, but they'll only unlock after crossing a certain thresholds (listed in the rules post) of cumulative points from all the bird items sent in to that particular station (different items/species being worth different amount of points - mainly based around number of food points or LAH yielded). If you've donated to a particular station, you can collect any of the unlocked badges from that station!

and no need to apologize! it's my first time running an event like this so it's good to know if I need to clarify anything/change rules/etc for the future; feel free to ask any questions if you've got more!
Apopts hub!
71814774.png
Ah, and the thing with the stuff about progress and whatever would be whatever thing I either missed, or did not get to load, I assume. I did get something which kept coming up blank for me and never did find a sheet of donors, so I think I at least know where I was having a problem - which, knowing my entire history with just about everything Sheets-like except basic Wind leaderboards, is probably a my-end issue, too.

So, I goofed it by sending them all in one go rather than spreading them between stations, basically, which would have gained me access to badges from all of the others. Well, if I blew it I blew it, oh well. Thank you for clarifying!

(I did not actually pick, as all I have are station names and no data, so I am assuming I even gain one; I gave up and said 'put them where they help unlock stuff'.)

Sorry for adding to your own brain strain! Do not worry about it. At least I have a fair idea what I was missing now!

Edit - I talked with the receiver (or rather, they PMed me) and it is sorted where they should go. Thank you both so much!
Ah, and the thing with the stuff about progress and whatever would be whatever thing I either missed, or did not get to load, I assume. I did get something which kept coming up blank for me and never did find a sheet of donors, so I think I at least know where I was having a problem - which, knowing my entire history with just about everything Sheets-like except basic Wind leaderboards, is probably a my-end issue, too.

So, I goofed it by sending them all in one go rather than spreading them between stations, basically, which would have gained me access to badges from all of the others. Well, if I blew it I blew it, oh well. Thank you for clarifying!

(I did not actually pick, as all I have are station names and no data, so I am assuming I even gain one; I gave up and said 'put them where they help unlock stuff'.)

Sorry for adding to your own brain strain! Do not worry about it. At least I have a fair idea what I was missing now!

Edit - I talked with the receiver (or rather, they PMed me) and it is sorted where they should go. Thank you both so much!
Hi! I think you have the prices backwards for the fallout streak vs the fallen streak ^^
Hi! I think you have the prices backwards for the fallout streak vs the fallen streak ^^
whoops! it appears they were - points values have been fixed!
whoops! it appears they were - points values have been fixed!
Apopts hub!
71814774.png
@BeeWhisperer Hi! I love birds (and have actually worked at a banding station irl myself). I'm really into badges, though. When/where will we see them?
@BeeWhisperer Hi! I love birds (and have actually worked at a banding station irl myself). I'm really into badges, though. When/where will we see them?
[BSJ 2024] Main Hub[BSJ 2024] Out-of-Flight Raffle
[BSJ 2024] Illuminarti[BSJ 2024] Public Buy
@Jeevas oooooh that's neat! Always wanted to do some banding irl

as for the badges: short story is that they'll be put up when I'm done with my real life stuff lmao.

longer story: there's a bit of thread bbc coding and spreadsheet coding work that I have to do but unfortunately I've been hit in the head over with grad school work before I can touch that (originally there was going to be pings whenever birds released but uh. that's out of the question now), BUT - I should hopefully be able to make an update this Wednesday night/Thursday morning with some of the badges! Looks like we've hit the first and second benchmarks for each station, so those will be releasing - along with 100px height versions that can fit in a signature - in a ping to the update list, and I'll be releasing the sets for benchmark three and four as well once they've been hit. On Saturday morning, assuming you guys haven't unlocked all the birds, I'll be sending out a ping for everything unlocked so far as well as a reminder (note: the event ends with MJ, not the dom week!)
@Jeevas oooooh that's neat! Always wanted to do some banding irl

as for the badges: short story is that they'll be put up when I'm done with my real life stuff lmao.

longer story: there's a bit of thread bbc coding and spreadsheet coding work that I have to do but unfortunately I've been hit in the head over with grad school work before I can touch that (originally there was going to be pings whenever birds released but uh. that's out of the question now), BUT - I should hopefully be able to make an update this Wednesday night/Thursday morning with some of the badges! Looks like we've hit the first and second benchmarks for each station, so those will be releasing - along with 100px height versions that can fit in a signature - in a ping to the update list, and I'll be releasing the sets for benchmark three and four as well once they've been hit. On Saturday morning, assuming you guys haven't unlocked all the birds, I'll be sending out a ping for everything unlocked so far as well as a reminder (note: the event ends with MJ, not the dom week!)
Apopts hub!
71814774.png
i want to make a donation but i'm kinda confused on what kinds of food can be sent in, and what station i should send em to. like, does it have to be specific bird food items, or do any birds work? sorry im just confused TwT
i want to make a donation but i'm kinda confused on what kinds of food can be sent in, and what station i should send em to. like, does it have to be specific bird food items, or do any birds work? sorry im just confused TwT
eyayah | art shop | LF art
@eyayah you can send to any station you'd like with any amount of items, but only one station per pm! as for what items get taken, you can see a big list on the second tab of the receivers sheet with what bird items are accepted and how many points they're worth (generally, anything that's a bird - or like, have a bird head? (that's not sentient in the case of familiars - no harpies/talonik/sphinx/etc) is accepted)!
@eyayah you can send to any station you'd like with any amount of items, but only one station per pm! as for what items get taken, you can see a big list on the second tab of the receivers sheet with what bird items are accepted and how many points they're worth (generally, anything that's a bird - or like, have a bird head? (that's not sentient in the case of familiars - no harpies/talonik/sphinx/etc) is accepted)!
Apopts hub!
71814774.png
ohhh okay i see how haha! thank you!
ohhh okay i see how haha! thank you!
there we go! sent in more birds than is probably sane to @/Oneluckyduck
there we go! sent in more birds than is probably sane to @/Oneluckyduck
1 2 3 4 5 6