Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bump button
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support! I think that for any thread that allows bumping outside of Dragon Sales, the limit should be one bump every 5-10 hours. In the sales forum, it should be shorter, since that moves so fast
Support! I think that for any thread that allows bumping outside of Dragon Sales, the limit should be one bump every 5-10 hours. In the sales forum, it should be shorter, since that moves so fast
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
just put a cooldown, make it so that it doesn't work if a thread's been deactivated for 3 months and im lovin it!
just put a cooldown, make it so that it doesn't work if a thread's been deactivated for 3 months and im lovin it!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Only for forums that allow bumping, which I think is only the sales forums. It would just make it a lot less hassle and clutter since people have to individually post bumps.

As for cooldown, since it's sales, I would say once every hour.
Only for forums that allow bumping, which I think is only the sales forums. It would just make it a lot less hassle and clutter since people have to individually post bumps.

As for cooldown, since it's sales, I would say once every hour.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I'm cool with this for sales forums. Staff probably has the best idea of what a reasonable cooldown would be.
I'm cool with this for sales forums. Staff probably has the best idea of what a reasonable cooldown would be.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
what they said, support but with limits.
what they said, support but with limits.
I want this so much! Especially with how active FR is, it is sooooo easy for topics to get buried.

I do agree with having limits to it. A timer is a great option for. this. An alternative option could be position in the forum, for example it must be on at least Page 2 (or 3 or 4, whatever makes sense) before it can be bumped. Really any limit will work

It may also be good to divide the forums into 2 categories because it makes sense to be able to bump sales and stuff like that more often. Maybe Category 1 forums (thing currently allowing you to post "bump") could be once every 10 hours and Category 2 forums (forums that are currently forced to be lost to the depths lol) could be once ever 24 or 48 hours.
I want this so much! Especially with how active FR is, it is sooooo easy for topics to get buried.

I do agree with having limits to it. A timer is a great option for. this. An alternative option could be position in the forum, for example it must be on at least Page 2 (or 3 or 4, whatever makes sense) before it can be bumped. Really any limit will work

It may also be good to divide the forums into 2 categories because it makes sense to be able to bump sales and stuff like that more often. Maybe Category 1 forums (thing currently allowing you to post "bump") could be once every 10 hours and Category 2 forums (forums that are currently forced to be lost to the depths lol) could be once ever 24 or 48 hours.
Dragon rentals suggestion, for safer studding and nest rentals.
Integrating badges into FR suggestion, for signature badges and user awards.
this would be awesome!! no more bumping and then deleting your own post on hatchery threads lol
this would be awesome!! no more bumping and then deleting your own post on hatchery threads lol
JrFZWwz.pnggiphy.gif
[quote name="Wyakin" date="2020-12-10 14:11:58" ] It may also be good to divide the forums into 2 categories because it makes sense to be able to bump sales and stuff like that more often. Maybe Category 1 forums (thing currently allowing you to post "bump") could be once every 10 hours and Category 2 forums (forums that are currently forced to be lost to the depths lol) could be once ever 24 or 48 hours. [/quote] Only sales forums should be able to be bumped. Other random topic threads don't need to be bumped. If they're not garnering attention or being posted on then they've run their course. It's probably best that they get lost to the depths.
Wyakin wrote on 2020-12-10 14:11:58:
Only sales forums should be able to be bumped. Other random topic threads don't need to be bumped. If they're not garnering attention or being posted on then they've run their course. It's probably best that they get lost to the depths.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Definitely support this, since it already happens but causes threads to be flooded. It seems weird to implement it, but then limit the use of it via a timer. I think if it was done that way then people would just continue to bump traditionally because it actually does what the person wants.
Basically what I am saying is, a bump button would be lovely--it makes it easier to do a thing that everyone already needs to do. If it was added but made it harder to keep a topic up, then I think people wouldn't use it. I think people would ignore the button and just keep post bumping.

(That said, the one limit I could see making sense is not allowing it to be used unless the topic is on the 2nd or 3rd+ page for the sales forums)
Definitely support this, since it already happens but causes threads to be flooded. It seems weird to implement it, but then limit the use of it via a timer. I think if it was done that way then people would just continue to bump traditionally because it actually does what the person wants.
Basically what I am saying is, a bump button would be lovely--it makes it easier to do a thing that everyone already needs to do. If it was added but made it harder to keep a topic up, then I think people wouldn't use it. I think people would ignore the button and just keep post bumping.

(That said, the one limit I could see making sense is not allowing it to be used unless the topic is on the 2nd or 3rd+ page for the sales forums)
eP65k0J.png
It would need a few restrictions/limits, of course, but overall I think this is a really good idea!!
It would need a few restrictions/limits, of course, but overall I think this is a really good idea!!
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10