Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Achievement Badge Section in ClanProfile
I'm not sure if all flights do this, but in Nature the different activities I have participated in have allowed me to earn "badges" that are just little icons that are the right dimensions to put in your signature. It is very cute, but you can only fit so many in your signature at once. So I was wondering, wouldn't it be fun if the badges were more of a built-in feature?

Display in Clan Profile

Right now when you go to a Clan Profile there is a blank space under the info box that contains your name, forum activity, and friends. We could add another box underneath it that would have image slots for the different badges. There could also potentially be an option to put a name with the badge & a link to a FR forum topic. If someone had too many badges it could add a scroll bar inside the box.

Display in Signature

If this were added maybe they could also add a shortcut for putting them in your signature?
What I am thinking is that when you go to Account Settings -> Forum Signature there would be a box that included any of the badges you currently have in your Clan Profile and clicking one would automatically paste the coding for it into the "Set forum signature" text box (including Image & link if both are present).

This would make it much more convenient to be able to change out which badges you are displaying in your signature if you like to rotate through them.

Adding Badges - Option One - Self Editing

One thing I am not sure how to handle is how to add the badges themselves. I've come up with two ideas to handle this. Let me know which one you like.

With the Self Editing option there would be a field for you to input the image URL, link URL (optional), and badge name yourself and then it would appear in your clan profile.

Adding Badges - Option Two - Award to Others

For this option one person "creates" a badge by inputting the image URL, link URL (optional), and badge name and then save if to "Your Created Badges" which would be a separate page from the badges displayed in your clan profile. You could then go to the "Your Created Badges" page and click on an "Award To" button where you would then be given a space to type in a username. Whoever you put in would then received a notification where they could accept or decline the badge. If they accept it it would be added to a page titled "Your Awarded Badges." In this new page they could choose which badges to display on their clan profile.

Monitering Badge Content

The only real concerns with the badge content would be 1) size and 2) abiding by FR rules. For the first I believe you can just make it so the image has to be whatever maximum size or dimensions to be able to upload. The second should be easy enough to enforce by simply having a "Report" button available for the badge, should the need arise (a similar level of policing to what is currently done in the art forum).
I'm not sure if all flights do this, but in Nature the different activities I have participated in have allowed me to earn "badges" that are just little icons that are the right dimensions to put in your signature. It is very cute, but you can only fit so many in your signature at once. So I was wondering, wouldn't it be fun if the badges were more of a built-in feature?

Display in Clan Profile

Right now when you go to a Clan Profile there is a blank space under the info box that contains your name, forum activity, and friends. We could add another box underneath it that would have image slots for the different badges. There could also potentially be an option to put a name with the badge & a link to a FR forum topic. If someone had too many badges it could add a scroll bar inside the box.

Display in Signature

If this were added maybe they could also add a shortcut for putting them in your signature?
What I am thinking is that when you go to Account Settings -> Forum Signature there would be a box that included any of the badges you currently have in your Clan Profile and clicking one would automatically paste the coding for it into the "Set forum signature" text box (including Image & link if both are present).

This would make it much more convenient to be able to change out which badges you are displaying in your signature if you like to rotate through them.

Adding Badges - Option One - Self Editing

One thing I am not sure how to handle is how to add the badges themselves. I've come up with two ideas to handle this. Let me know which one you like.

With the Self Editing option there would be a field for you to input the image URL, link URL (optional), and badge name yourself and then it would appear in your clan profile.

Adding Badges - Option Two - Award to Others

For this option one person "creates" a badge by inputting the image URL, link URL (optional), and badge name and then save if to "Your Created Badges" which would be a separate page from the badges displayed in your clan profile. You could then go to the "Your Created Badges" page and click on an "Award To" button where you would then be given a space to type in a username. Whoever you put in would then received a notification where they could accept or decline the badge. If they accept it it would be added to a page titled "Your Awarded Badges." In this new page they could choose which badges to display on their clan profile.

Monitering Badge Content

The only real concerns with the badge content would be 1) size and 2) abiding by FR rules. For the first I believe you can just make it so the image has to be whatever maximum size or dimensions to be able to upload. The second should be easy enough to enforce by simply having a "Report" button available for the badge, should the need arise (a similar level of policing to what is currently done in the art forum).
Dragon rentals suggestion, for safer studding and nest rentals.
Integrating badges into FR suggestion, for signature badges and user awards.