Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why is there STILL no keybind???
Huge support; I have fibromyalgia and a repetitive stress injury and I love the coliseum but it hurts my wrists bad. I’d love to just… tap LShift or Enter to fight on; I think I’d play much more TwT at this point I mostly level fodder on my iPad to manage my pain since it’s easier than clicking, but I know a large touchscreen device is a luxury most people don’t have.
Huge support; I have fibromyalgia and a repetitive stress injury and I love the coliseum but it hurts my wrists bad. I’d love to just… tap LShift or Enter to fight on; I think I’d play much more TwT at this point I mostly level fodder on my iPad to manage my pain since it’s easier than clicking, but I know a large touchscreen device is a luxury most people don’t have.
Lira
she/they/he
ll0CfnD.png
BZnhUNi.png
ypcKWM0.png
AaYNmEX.png

UU9vIu2.png
Please do not ping me in regards to this post! I am here to offer an explanation, not get into a debate.

I feel the reason we do not have keybinds is because of macros. If the coliseum is entirely playable via keyboard presses, then someone with sufficient knowledge could probably make a macro program that plays the coliseum automatically. The point of the coliseum captchas is to make it harder for macros to function effectively by forcing the user to input a choice. A lot of programs out there look for bot activity via instantaneous mouse-clicks, so when you manually drag your cursor to the correct image, or spend X amount of seconds before confirming on a touch screen, that's a check against a bot/macro.

I don't know much about macros, just basic cursory knowledge, so feel free to expand or correct this.

Again, please don't ping me for this post! Feel free to add to it or whatever, I only wanted to add some information that might help explain why there is no keybind and why the things are they way they are.
Please do not ping me in regards to this post! I am here to offer an explanation, not get into a debate.

I feel the reason we do not have keybinds is because of macros. If the coliseum is entirely playable via keyboard presses, then someone with sufficient knowledge could probably make a macro program that plays the coliseum automatically. The point of the coliseum captchas is to make it harder for macros to function effectively by forcing the user to input a choice. A lot of programs out there look for bot activity via instantaneous mouse-clicks, so when you manually drag your cursor to the correct image, or spend X amount of seconds before confirming on a touch screen, that's a check against a bot/macro.

I don't know much about macros, just basic cursory knowledge, so feel free to expand or correct this.

Again, please don't ping me for this post! Feel free to add to it or whatever, I only wanted to add some information that might help explain why there is no keybind and why the things are they way they are.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
B684mez.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
So much support, please! Clicking is painful for me and it really limits the amount of coli I can do :/
So much support, please! Clicking is painful for me and it really limits the amount of coli I can do :/
[quote name="Teletraan" date="2024-07-03 08:00:32" ] Please do not ping me in regards to this post! I am here to offer an explanation, not get into a debate. I feel the reason we do not have keybinds is because of macros. If the coliseum is entirely playable via keyboard presses, then someone with sufficient knowledge could probably make a macro program that plays the coliseum automatically. The point of the coliseum captchas is to make it harder for macros to function effectively by forcing the user to input a choice. A lot of programs out there look for bot activity via instantaneous mouse-clicks, so when you manually drag your cursor to the correct image, or spend X amount of seconds before confirming on a touch screen, that's a check against a bot/macro. I don't know much about macros, just basic cursory knowledge, so feel free to expand or correct this. Again, please don't ping me for this post! Feel free to add to it or whatever, I only wanted to add some information that might help explain why there is no keybind and why the things are they way they are. [/quote] As for this, I think the captcha (which is already excessively frequent) should be more than sufficient to deal with this.
Teletraan wrote on 2024-07-03 08:00:32:

As for this, I think the captcha (which is already excessively frequent) should be more than sufficient to deal with this.
huge support for this! and I agree with @Lallyhop- while I get that the devs are trying to prevent people from making programs to fight for them, the captcha is already hassle enough for that.
huge support for this! and I agree with @Lallyhop- while I get that the devs are trying to prevent people from making programs to fight for them, the captcha is already hassle enough for that.
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
goals / challenges
color wheel obelisks
stock the pond
[quote name="Teletraan" date="2024-07-03 08:00:32" ] I feel the reason we do not have keybinds is because of macros. If the coliseum is entirely playable via keyboard presses, then someone with sufficient knowledge could probably make a macro program that plays the coliseum automatically. [/quote] nope, it's exactly as easy to make a macro with mouse clicks as a keyboard-only one, and it's also easy to do delays and mouse movement and stuff... except flight rising doesn't seem to have any kind of bot detection anyway, and i'm pretty sure it's impossible to make one that would keep bots out but not humans. fr's captcha "works" by keeping humans out more effectively than it could bots obviously support, having to hold your mouse all the time and clicking it regularly is at the very least an unnecessary inconvenience for everyone but also impossible for some, please don't keep the most interactive and making the most treasure part of the game inaccessible (...they aren't doing it so that people buy gems instead, right?)
Teletraan wrote on 2024-07-03 08:00:32:
I feel the reason we do not have keybinds is because of macros. If the coliseum is entirely playable via keyboard presses, then someone with sufficient knowledge could probably make a macro program that plays the coliseum automatically.

nope, it's exactly as easy to make a macro with mouse clicks as a keyboard-only one, and it's also easy to do delays and mouse movement and stuff... except flight rising doesn't seem to have any kind of bot detection anyway, and i'm pretty sure it's impossible to make one that would keep bots out but not humans. fr's captcha "works" by keeping humans out more effectively than it could bots

obviously support, having to hold your mouse all the time and clicking it regularly is at the very least an unnecessary inconvenience for everyone but also impossible for some, please don't keep the most interactive and making the most treasure part of the game inaccessible

(...they aren't doing it so that people buy gems instead, right?)
Accent: Jelliecatcher (Pearlcatcher Female)
Auction: Antique/Beige/Cream G1
100% support and if it annoys me enough with only a wrist sprain, I can only imagine how tedious it is for those who have to play completely one-handed.

As a temporary solution for those struggling with mouse use, there are gaming controllers you can connect to control the cursor. Alternatively, if you can easily reach your numpad, there's ways to move and click your cursor without your mouse on Windows computers.
Instructions for Windows 10
Windows 11

I'd toy around with these settings until you find the movement comfortable. Your mileage may vary with these solutions, and I still think they should add a keybind for the Fight On button.
100% support and if it annoys me enough with only a wrist sprain, I can only imagine how tedious it is for those who have to play completely one-handed.

As a temporary solution for those struggling with mouse use, there are gaming controllers you can connect to control the cursor. Alternatively, if you can easily reach your numpad, there's ways to move and click your cursor without your mouse on Windows computers.
Instructions for Windows 10
Windows 11

I'd toy around with these settings until you find the movement comfortable. Your mileage may vary with these solutions, and I still think they should add a keybind for the Fight On button.
Full support for this. More accessibility is always good.
Full support for this. More accessibility is always good.
Account less than a year old? Ask me about free dragons!
Bought and kept some of my fodder? Ask me about a free renaming scroll!

Does putting lore on dragons ever get less daunting?
support! I made a coli suggestion thread that included this + custom keybinds earlier too. It's silly that there isn't a key bind for [b]the one button you need to click the MOST during coli[/b]. During battles where you're even-levelled it may not be AS noticeable, but doing grinds/levelling fodder with higher level dragons--which, let's face it, is what everyone who bothers with coli does at some point--means that you are FREQUENTLY stopping to click that button from every 6-15ish seconds. Maybe 30 seconds if you miss a ton because of worse-than-usual dodge RNG (which is not much worse than usual and a whole other issue). It adds up, it's annoying, and as I and others have mentioned, it's a big accessibility issue for those with conditions that limit their mobility/ability to use a mouse! There's almost no point in even having a keyboard mode when you HAVE to use a mouse every other moment. Not unless they expect people to set up their own mouse-to-keyboard input specifically for the "Fight On" button, which AFAIK goes against TOS. What else are people supposed to do then? [emoji=fae confused size=1] I don't care about people setting up macro programs because, as others have already stated, that is why the captcha is there (another can of worms). If the only reason why we don't have a "Fight On" bind is that people can somehow surpass the captchas with macros/automate the coliseum, then you need to fix the captcha system. Ignoring player accessibility won't make that go away!
support! I made a coli suggestion thread that included this + custom keybinds earlier too.

It's silly that there isn't a key bind for the one button you need to click the MOST during coli. During battles where you're even-levelled it may not be AS noticeable, but doing grinds/levelling fodder with higher level dragons--which, let's face it, is what everyone who bothers with coli does at some point--means that you are FREQUENTLY stopping to click that button from every 6-15ish seconds. Maybe 30 seconds if you miss a ton because of worse-than-usual dodge RNG (which is not much worse than usual and a whole other issue). It adds up, it's annoying, and as I and others have mentioned, it's a big accessibility issue for those with conditions that limit their mobility/ability to use a mouse!

There's almost no point in even having a keyboard mode when you HAVE to use a mouse every other moment. Not unless they expect people to set up their own mouse-to-keyboard input specifically for the "Fight On" button, which AFAIK goes against TOS. What else are people supposed to do then?

I don't care about people setting up macro programs because, as others have already stated, that is why the captcha is there (another can of worms). If the only reason why we don't have a "Fight On" bind is that people can somehow surpass the captchas with macros/automate the coliseum, then you need to fix the captcha system. Ignoring player accessibility won't make that go away!
he/him
Full support. Accessibility in this game has felt like a complete afterthought (or just plain non-thought) throughout the years.
Full support. Accessibility in this game has felt like a complete afterthought (or just plain non-thought) throughout the years.
LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.pngImE8TtZ.pngoKZOZJE.pngdnRpItE.png