Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Line-breaking Dusthide tert: Anteater
1 2 3 4 5 6
I had originally posted this as a silly idea in FRD, but figured I might as well post it here too! Dusthides remind me a lot of pangolins and other anteaters, so I thought it would be fun if they had a line-breaking tertiary gene that gave them a long snout and [url=https://xenarthrans.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/tamandua-mexicana-1.jpg]tamandua[/url] ears. Since their mouths go pretty far back, they can't have proper pangolin tube snoots, but they can still have the nose and tongue! Some quick mockups: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/9HZ6xzF/dragon1.png[/img] Cream/Beige/Black [img]https://i.ibb.co/bFH4d4r/dragon2.png[/img] Coal/Slate/Latte [img]https://i.ibb.co/RNQx0r1/dragon3.png[/img] Steel/Steel/Orca[/center] The dark accents are borrowed from genes like Cherub and Falcon, and the tongue comes from whatever that colour's tongue looks like (ie. peachy pink for Black, dark bluish for Orca), similar to how Pinions on Gaolers changes their inner ears. As far as acquisition goes, maybe it could be an Arlo gene? A number of anteater species like to dig, and Dusties are a burrowing breed themselves. :0 But a line-breaking tert in the treasure MP would be nice, too. Baldwin would also be fine, and Swipp... I think I'd like to see Swipp get revamped before too many more genes are added, haha. ;_; It can take eons for a trade to cycle in.
I had originally posted this as a silly idea in FRD, but figured I might as well post it here too!

Dusthides remind me a lot of pangolins and other anteaters, so I thought it would be fun if they had a line-breaking tertiary gene that gave them a long snout and tamandua ears. Since their mouths go pretty far back, they can't have proper pangolin tube snoots, but they can still have the nose and tongue!

Some quick mockups:
dragon1.png
Cream/Beige/Black
dragon2.png
Coal/Slate/Latte
dragon3.png
Steel/Steel/Orca

The dark accents are borrowed from genes like Cherub and Falcon, and the tongue comes from whatever that colour's tongue looks like (ie. peachy pink for Black, dark bluish for Orca), similar to how Pinions on Gaolers changes their inner ears.

As far as acquisition goes, maybe it could be an Arlo gene? A number of anteater species like to dig, and Dusties are a burrowing breed themselves. :0 But a line-breaking tert in the treasure MP would be nice, too. Baldwin would also be fine, and Swipp... I think I'd like to see Swipp get revamped before too many more genes are added, haha. ;_; It can take eons for a trade to cycle in.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I really like this gene, it would look super cute on the dusties, and it fits with their lore as well. Your example art is also beautiful.
Support!
I really like this gene, it would look super cute on the dusties, and it fits with their lore as well. Your example art is also beautiful.
Support!
Pings OK!
I love their little faces! I support this completely! I think it gives options to the people who were disappointed in the short faces, which is an added bonus.
I love their little faces! I support this completely! I think it gives options to the people who were disappointed in the short faces, which is an added bonus.
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
FULL support for this; as i posted in the OG thread, this type of gene would single-handedly save the breed for me.
FULL support for this; as i posted in the OG thread, this type of gene would single-handedly save the breed for me.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
support! I would 100% have use for this.
support! I would 100% have use for this.
Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
Yes, this is adorable! I was just speculating in another thread that their claws and flexible bodies could let them climb like little anteaters!
Yes, this is adorable! I was just speculating in another thread that their claws and flexible bodies could let them climb like little anteaters!
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
Throwing my support.
Throwing my support.
FeIiZnO.png
Full support! This looks so good!
Full support! This looks so good!
fced41bdccad1a8c5ef3e9ae0635f4b0a7267717.gif
Support! Adorable and very eye catching. I'd definitely have to snag one or two if this came out fr
Support! Adorable and very eye catching. I'd definitely have to snag one or two if this came out fr
yPXQqTN.png
full support !!!!!!! i need so bad, especially the ears.. so cute !!!!!!
full support !!!!!!! i need so bad, especially the ears.. so cute !!!!!!
ePOliyb.pngHdmxfuE.pngWTRVHVo.png
1vAtYxM.pngsh5xjiu.pngpcUL48u.png
PRICTGJ.pngVDqpTLf.pngmtHAEL4.png
cdqdRxL.png5Tw56Ex.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6