Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | NPC accounts
1 2 3 4 5
Hiya everyone! Dunno if this was ever proposed before, but could we please have more NPC accounts? Those for the shopkeepers, I mean. All of the Eleven already have those, so why not keep up with the tendency? Open for your views on the topic!
Hiya everyone! Dunno if this was ever proposed before, but could we please have more NPC accounts? Those for the shopkeepers, I mean. All of the Eleven already have those, so why not keep up with the tendency? Open for your views on the topic!
But why would we want this? The deities don't use their accounts anymore, and there isn't really a natural place there someone like Pinkerton would ever speak (like the deities during their festivals for example).
But why would we want this? The deities don't use their accounts anymore, and there isn't really a natural place there someone like Pinkerton would ever speak (like the deities during their festivals for example).
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I think it would simply feel weird for a potential Pinkerton account to just be dragon ID #95675098 or something lol
I think it would simply feel weird for a potential Pinkerton account to just be dragon ID #95675098 or something lol
21402.png
Why?
Why?
JQQ3Fjt.png
Agreed with RedWillia, unfortunately—why would this be necessary? The Shopkeepers do not run any festivals (which is what the Deity accounts are used for nowadays), and the NPC accounts no longer interact with users like they used to because of how big the site has gotten.
Agreed with RedWillia, unfortunately—why would this be necessary? The Shopkeepers do not run any festivals (which is what the Deity accounts are used for nowadays), and the NPC accounts no longer interact with users like they used to because of how big the site has gotten.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
As cool as it can be, I don't think it's needed. They aren't utilized very much lately at least.
As cool as it can be, I don't think it's needed. They aren't utilized very much lately at least.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
It would serve no functional purpose to have NPC accounts. The deity accounts are legacy from the game's beginnings, and are only really used for posting the Flight Festival announcements.
It would serve no functional purpose to have NPC accounts. The deity accounts are legacy from the game's beginnings, and are only really used for posting the Flight Festival announcements.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
a fun idea! but would be vaguely pointless as all the npcs do on fr is sell you things or something similar

also welcome to fr! this forum in particular can get kind of nasty and people can get weirdly rude jsyk
a fun idea! but would be vaguely pointless as all the npcs do on fr is sell you things or something similar

also welcome to fr! this forum in particular can get kind of nasty and people can get weirdly rude jsyk
I wouldn't mind them getting accounts tbh. They wouldn't do much, but neither do the deity accounts, and people don't say to remove them afaik.

The NPCs having a lair with a bit of lore would be interesting, and the devs don't need to add much to it often if ever. Like lore, it would be an "add and forget" addition.

The lairs would also be a place players could comment about how much they love various NPCs. Comments thanking Pinkerton or Scolding Crim could be funny, or just admiring the artwork of the NPCs.

The addition might not add much, or anything for some players, but it doesn't add nothing.
I wouldn't mind them getting accounts tbh. They wouldn't do much, but neither do the deity accounts, and people don't say to remove them afaik.

The NPCs having a lair with a bit of lore would be interesting, and the devs don't need to add much to it often if ever. Like lore, it would be an "add and forget" addition.

The lairs would also be a place players could comment about how much they love various NPCs. Comments thanking Pinkerton or Scolding Crim could be funny, or just admiring the artwork of the NPCs.

The addition might not add much, or anything for some players, but it doesn't add nothing.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Hm... partial support, but this kinda feels like one of those "would have had to be in from the get-go" things. Also, aside from the manpower stuff, I've seen another site with NPC accounts run face-first into a mess of parasocial stuff. Feels weird to see a site dev and a player starting to date because of interactions they had in-character and I don't want to see that here. Power imbalance stuff, all that jazz.
Hm... partial support, but this kinda feels like one of those "would have had to be in from the get-go" things. Also, aside from the manpower stuff, I've seen another site with NPC accounts run face-first into a mess of parasocial stuff. Feels weird to see a site dev and a player starting to date because of interactions they had in-character and I don't want to see that here. Power imbalance stuff, all that jazz.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.