Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | allow endgame players an alt
1 2 3 4
No support. I suppose I'd qualify as one of these "endgame players," but on a site with so many varied and valid playstyles, there isn't one fair way to define the end of the game.

People who like to collect dragons are running out of space.
People who like to complete tasks and challenges are running out of achievements/den tasks.
People who like to complete their bestiary are running out of unawakened familiars.
People who like to earn and spend currency are running out of new things to buy.
People who like coliseum are running out of dragons to level and ways to keep the battles interesting.
People who like novelty and variety are running out of stuff to do.

Besides not having multiple accounts being what I'd consider the most hard and fast site rule that we've had forever, the exact one thing that I wouldn't want to do now that I've achieved and completed so much on this site is have to do everything all over again.

What I would like to see is expansions to current site features so that people who need more space or tasks can have them, and new site features for the people who are bored with what we've got and looking for novelty. This would have the benefit of being things that all players could utilize and enjoy, without having to meet arbitrary requirements of are they elite enough.

Players who have achieved a lot and have a lot of resources at their disposal are not the ones in need of additional exclusive benefits, and we shouldn't have exclusive benefits anyway on a site focused so heavily on inclusivity and player experience.
No support. I suppose I'd qualify as one of these "endgame players," but on a site with so many varied and valid playstyles, there isn't one fair way to define the end of the game.

People who like to collect dragons are running out of space.
People who like to complete tasks and challenges are running out of achievements/den tasks.
People who like to complete their bestiary are running out of unawakened familiars.
People who like to earn and spend currency are running out of new things to buy.
People who like coliseum are running out of dragons to level and ways to keep the battles interesting.
People who like novelty and variety are running out of stuff to do.

Besides not having multiple accounts being what I'd consider the most hard and fast site rule that we've had forever, the exact one thing that I wouldn't want to do now that I've achieved and completed so much on this site is have to do everything all over again.

What I would like to see is expansions to current site features so that people who need more space or tasks can have them, and new site features for the people who are bored with what we've got and looking for novelty. This would have the benefit of being things that all players could utilize and enjoy, without having to meet arbitrary requirements of are they elite enough.

Players who have achieved a lot and have a lot of resources at their disposal are not the ones in need of additional exclusive benefits, and we shouldn't have exclusive benefits anyway on a site focused so heavily on inclusivity and player experience.
nInTqKu.png
Since when does Flight Rising have an endgame?
The trade-locking thing wouldn't work. Consider the following scenario:

A and B are alt-accounts, so cannot trade with each other. Players C and D are alt-accounts, so cannot trade with each other.

Player A sends an item to Player C, Player C sends it to Player B.

Player C sends an item to Player B, Player B sends it to Player D.

I mean, you can make that against the rules on pain of losing your alt/main account, but considering an alt account is only for "engame" players (whatever that means, there are no levels except in the Coli) why even bother with alts at all?
The trade-locking thing wouldn't work. Consider the following scenario:

A and B are alt-accounts, so cannot trade with each other. Players C and D are alt-accounts, so cannot trade with each other.

Player A sends an item to Player C, Player C sends it to Player B.

Player C sends an item to Player B, Player B sends it to Player D.

I mean, you can make that against the rules on pain of losing your alt/main account, but considering an alt account is only for "engame" players (whatever that means, there are no levels except in the Coli) why even bother with alts at all?
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Refer to the recent clarifications done about additional accounts. Additional accounts are not permitted, no exceptions

https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004081203-Can-I-have-more-than-one-account
Refer to the recent clarifications done about additional accounts. Additional accounts are not permitted, no exceptions

https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004081203-Can-I-have-more-than-one-account
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="elfin" date="2024-04-06 14:37:36" ] Since when does Flight Rising have an endgame? [/quote] agreed. we need more lair spaces and achievements to work towards, not more accounts.
elfin wrote on 2024-04-06 14:37:36:

agreed.

we need more lair spaces and achievements to work towards, not more accounts.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I mean, I could see the appeal to this- but I think it would have to come at the cost of losing your main account. You can freeze things as they are, forever- but you can't go back, and there's no possibility of trading.

Torn on whether or not you'd get to keep your username or need a new one, and Dom also throws a wrench in the works (would you get your free flight switch back, or be able to choose a new flight for your lair?).

Alternately, what if there was a "reset button" of sorts- you can save a snapshot of how your lair was, and then like, reset all the counters and your Hoard/Vault. You can go view the snapshot at any time, similar to how Morphology and Outfit slots work, but it's not real. This would probably want some way to prevent retired familiars from vanishing into the aether (so, maybe any of those and any bosses maybe could go to Roundsey or somesuch?), maybe UMAs too, but I think it's got promise.
I mean, I could see the appeal to this- but I think it would have to come at the cost of losing your main account. You can freeze things as they are, forever- but you can't go back, and there's no possibility of trading.

Torn on whether or not you'd get to keep your username or need a new one, and Dom also throws a wrench in the works (would you get your free flight switch back, or be able to choose a new flight for your lair?).

Alternately, what if there was a "reset button" of sorts- you can save a snapshot of how your lair was, and then like, reset all the counters and your Hoard/Vault. You can go view the snapshot at any time, similar to how Morphology and Outfit slots work, but it's not real. This would probably want some way to prevent retired familiars from vanishing into the aether (so, maybe any of those and any bosses maybe could go to Roundsey or somesuch?), maybe UMAs too, but I think it's got promise.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

No support. I get the idea but it would give the staff migraines to determine what is and isn't rule breaking.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account.
Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account.
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke
»Skin Shop
I don't think allowing a secondary account as a reward for "finishing" the game works because none of the qualifiers are something you are expected to "complete" as a part of your experience in FR.

Maxing out lair slots or hibden, or collecting all familiars aren't goals intended to be achieved, they're just things you can do if you want to. It's just as viable a game experience to have only a small lair with handful of dragons and not bother with familiars at all.

Introducing a desirable premium reward for maxing these things out would send a signal that they are intended as challenges you are expected to work towards, and that just shatters the entire ethos that FR is what you make of it.

If players were allowed multiple accounts, I think it'd be best and simplest to just allow them to everyone and not tie it to jumping through gameplay hoops.
I don't think allowing a secondary account as a reward for "finishing" the game works because none of the qualifiers are something you are expected to "complete" as a part of your experience in FR.

Maxing out lair slots or hibden, or collecting all familiars aren't goals intended to be achieved, they're just things you can do if you want to. It's just as viable a game experience to have only a small lair with handful of dragons and not bother with familiars at all.

Introducing a desirable premium reward for maxing these things out would send a signal that they are intended as challenges you are expected to work towards, and that just shatters the entire ethos that FR is what you make of it.

If players were allowed multiple accounts, I think it'd be best and simplest to just allow them to everyone and not tie it to jumping through gameplay hoops.
I think I see what you were aiming for with this since I do play another game where you can have an alternate account. However, FR is built different and an alternative account here is significantly more useful (not in a good way) than an alternative account on the other pet site. They also have pet deaths, and not logging into your main is how you prevent things from dying before you can freeze them (among other things). FR has no penalties for logging into your account daily, so it's not like your dragons could potentially die the moment you click login. If there were a downside, I could understand delaying that login until you can do what you aim to but there's nothing to prevent here. If anything, you're penalized for not logging in semi-often (if you feed your dragons, anyway).

Additionally, I don't see how this couldn't be solved just as well by adding all of that to be able to be purchased on the accounts we all have now: our single accounts. It changes nothing if we're worried about food ticks because those ticks are just going to happen on another account with this feature. I fail to see the difference on that front. Even if we're looking at it as a money sink, I think this could also be better implemented on a single account as well. Think: a second "outpost" lair that could be purchased for a high amount that gives the benefit of space and an extra nest (and/or nests that can be purchased) in that outpost's element. I feel like that would have the same benefits without the unnecessary extra steps.

At the end of the day, my point is alternate accounts are usually only added in games where you are on a time limit for something that is integral to the gameplay loop (see example above). The only thing we are on a time limit for is events, and those go by real life days. We wouldn't be pausing anything by not logging in, and an alternate account would only necessitate increasing event prices to balance out the alternate accounts. So... what then? Players who don't qualify are outta luck because they aren't at the same point as others?

Even if another account was allowed, locking it behind something like this is not how you go about it.
I think I see what you were aiming for with this since I do play another game where you can have an alternate account. However, FR is built different and an alternative account here is significantly more useful (not in a good way) than an alternative account on the other pet site. They also have pet deaths, and not logging into your main is how you prevent things from dying before you can freeze them (among other things). FR has no penalties for logging into your account daily, so it's not like your dragons could potentially die the moment you click login. If there were a downside, I could understand delaying that login until you can do what you aim to but there's nothing to prevent here. If anything, you're penalized for not logging in semi-often (if you feed your dragons, anyway).

Additionally, I don't see how this couldn't be solved just as well by adding all of that to be able to be purchased on the accounts we all have now: our single accounts. It changes nothing if we're worried about food ticks because those ticks are just going to happen on another account with this feature. I fail to see the difference on that front. Even if we're looking at it as a money sink, I think this could also be better implemented on a single account as well. Think: a second "outpost" lair that could be purchased for a high amount that gives the benefit of space and an extra nest (and/or nests that can be purchased) in that outpost's element. I feel like that would have the same benefits without the unnecessary extra steps.

At the end of the day, my point is alternate accounts are usually only added in games where you are on a time limit for something that is integral to the gameplay loop (see example above). The only thing we are on a time limit for is events, and those go by real life days. We wouldn't be pausing anything by not logging in, and an alternate account would only necessitate increasing event prices to balance out the alternate accounts. So... what then? Players who don't qualify are outta luck because they aren't at the same point as others?

Even if another account was allowed, locking it behind something like this is not how you go about it.
1 2 3 4