Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reorganization of notifications
[Center] I think it would be much much nicer and less cluttered if the notifications were reorganized. Currently every single thing is cluttered in the bell tab other than friend requests. It feels like a real shame because most people aren't getting loads of friend requests a day and it has far more potential than that. There are also times where I don't have time or I'm not really in the mood or right headspace to be looking through pings, but I want to reset/see what notifications I have like Baldwin and Auction house. Opening it marks everything as read I would like to propose changing the friend request notification tab into the site notification tab and making the current bell tab into a player based alert tab.[/center] [Quote= New system reorganization] [emoji=new friend size=1][B]Site based notifications[/b] (If it's an interaction with the site itself then it goes here) -Dig sites -Baldwin -Auction house -Friend requests -Galore -Crossroads -Achievements (not currently implemented, but this is where it would go if it was) -Any future implemented site notifications ---------- [emoji=bell size=1][B]Player based notifications[/b] (If it's purely social with another player with no site based exchange, it goes here) -Direct forum pings/Pinglist pings -Posts on star'd threads -Clan page messages Note: Cross roads could go in either category, but I find it very easy to miss those notifications in the flood at times and it felt better to me in the first category [/quote]
I think it would be much much nicer and less cluttered if the notifications were reorganized. Currently every single thing is cluttered in the bell tab other than friend requests. It feels like a real shame because most people aren't getting loads of friend requests a day and it has far more potential than that. There are also times where I don't have time or I'm not really in the mood or right headspace to be looking through pings, but I want to reset/see what notifications I have like Baldwin and Auction house. Opening it marks everything as read

I would like to propose changing the friend request notification tab into the site notification tab and making the current bell tab into a player based alert tab.
New system reorganization wrote:
Site based notifications
(If it's an interaction with the site itself then it goes here)

-Dig sites
-Baldwin
-Auction house
-Friend requests
-Galore
-Crossroads
-Achievements (not currently implemented, but this is where it would go if it was)
-Any future implemented site notifications

Player based notifications
(If it's purely social with another player with no site based exchange, it goes here)

-Direct forum pings/Pinglist pings
-Posts on star'd threads
-Clan page messages

Note: Cross roads could go in either category, but I find it very easy to miss those notifications in the flood at times and it felt better to me in the first category
Auction_copy.jpg
i agree that notifications should be split, but i don't want anything except friend requests to appear in the friend request icon. instead, new notification groups/icons should be created.

i was going to create a list of how i'd group notifications, but then i realised the real problem is everyone would want them grouped differently.

i therefore think players should be able to arbitrarily create new notification groups, and designate those groups an icon, and have those icons appear across the bar as needed.

i also think the site should supply a "do not notify" group we can sort unwanted notifications into, so we don't get them at all.

i agree that notifications should be split, but i don't want anything except friend requests to appear in the friend request icon. instead, new notification groups/icons should be created.

i was going to create a list of how i'd group notifications, but then i realised the real problem is everyone would want them grouped differently.

i therefore think players should be able to arbitrarily create new notification groups, and designate those groups an icon, and have those icons appear across the bar as needed.

i also think the site should supply a "do not notify" group we can sort unwanted notifications into, so we don't get them at all.

Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
i like the idea of an upgrade! support!
i like the idea of an upgrade! support!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Support. Another thing I would like is if notifications for new posts on subscribed threads were grouped together (this site is the only one I'm on that still gives one for every single post). So instead of what we have now:
"[ user] replied to [thread]"
and so on, it would be more like this:
"[ user 1], [ user 2], and others replied to [thread 1]."
"[ user 3] replied to [thread 2]."
and so on, and clicking the notification sends you to the first post that gave the notification and makes the thread be able to give another notification.
Support. Another thing I would like is if notifications for new posts on subscribed threads were grouped together (this site is the only one I'm on that still gives one for every single post). So instead of what we have now:
and so on, it would be more like this:
"[ user 1], [ user 2], and others replied to [thread 1]."
"[ user 3] replied to [thread 2]."
and so on, and clicking the notification sends you to the first post that gave the notification and makes the thread be able to give another notification.
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
man I do wish there were tabs sometimes
like a subscribed alert tab, a ping tab, a cr tab, that kinda thing

also I wish you could search through them
man I do wish there were tabs sometimes
like a subscribed alert tab, a ping tab, a cr tab, that kinda thing

also I wish you could search through them

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png