Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene Name Changes
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="ThistleProse" date="2023-11-27 02:07:36" ] I would LOVE the dropdown in the AH and in the Hoard/Vault But also, I think that hte name setup would better work as: "Primary Auraboa Gene: Fade" "Primary Gene Auraboa: Fade" "Primary Gene Undertide: Fade" "Primary Gene: Fade" Because then we can search for: tide: Fade ;; gene: fade;; Boa: Fade Which is far more inline with most folks' current search methods, than forcing to write 'auraboa gene: whatever" [/quote] See, this is a much better temporary solution that understands how players actually use the search bar. Typing "Gene: Fade" and "Undertide: Fade" is much more intuitive and will see more use than "Primary Gene: Fade" and "Undertide Gene: Fade" as the current plan entails.
ThistleProse wrote on 2023-11-27 02:07:36:
I would LOVE the dropdown in the AH and in the Hoard/Vault

But also, I think that hte name setup would better work as:

"Primary Auraboa Gene: Fade"

"Primary Gene Auraboa: Fade"
"Primary Gene Undertide: Fade"
"Primary Gene: Fade"

Because then we can search for:

tide: Fade ;; gene: fade;; Boa: Fade

Which is far more inline with most folks' current search methods, than forcing to write 'auraboa gene: whatever"

See, this is a much better temporary solution that understands how players actually use the search bar. Typing "Gene: Fade" and "Undertide: Fade" is much more intuitive and will see more use than "Primary Gene: Fade" and "Undertide Gene: Fade" as the current plan entails.
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
@ThistleProse
Love your suggestion so I added it to my original post :)
@ThistleProse
Love your suggestion so I added it to my original post :)
gs8As9u.png
[quote name="pearlnareff" date="2023-11-27 04:01:33" ] Support for the drop down addition, though I guess the difference between the AH and the Market place, is that tab is specifically for genes, whereas the AH tab has other things involved to where for some searches I guess it would be useless or... IDK how UI works or if it would cause some sort of issue/error with that. And another look, Genes don't even have their own spot on the category dropdown menu as it is. I am not a fan of the name change as it is just because i've gotten in the habit of typing out the gene and first couple of letters of the ancient like recently "capsule (au" for the auro...aura See I am still struggling here-- /j [/quote] If they wanted to add a tab to the AH specifically for genes that'd be cool too. I dunno about you, but the only reason I go to specialty in the AH is for genes/breed changes.
pearlnareff wrote on 2023-11-27 04:01:33:
Support for the drop down addition, though I guess the difference between the AH and the Market place, is that tab is specifically for genes, whereas the AH tab has other things involved to where for some searches I guess it would be useless or... IDK how UI works or if it would cause some sort of issue/error with that. And another look, Genes don't even have their own spot on the category dropdown menu as it is.

I am not a fan of the name change as it is just because i've gotten in the habit of typing out the gene and first couple of letters of the ancient
like recently "capsule (au" for the auro...aura See I am still struggling here-- /j

If they wanted to add a tab to the AH specifically for genes that'd be cool too. I dunno about you, but the only reason I go to specialty in the AH is for genes/breed changes.
gs8As9u.png
Support. I can't tell you how many times I bought THE WRONG GENE. Q Q
Support. I can't tell you how many times I bought THE WRONG GENE. Q Q
@Find a Dragon forum: please don't ping unless buying
loimysO.png 3FRtP4L.png BzjAkuF.png rix3ppo.png YMPbu9R.png
SH-signature.png
Support. As the change stands I'm simply going to ignore the name change still only search fade and dig through the results. [emoji=snapper confused size=1]
Support. As the change stands I'm simply going to ignore the name change still only search fade and dig through the results.
tSKOR3g.pngmoocow-breeders-banner.gif 100_where_acorn.png
i really wish they'd just do "primary gene: fade (ancient)" or primary ancient gene or something - the method we have and the method implemented is still too much
i really wish they'd just do "primary gene: fade (ancient)" or primary ancient gene or something - the method we have and the method implemented is still too much
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
adding (modern) seems to be the most logical thing, really.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-12-01 06:19:38" ] adding (modern) seems to be the most logical thing, really. [/quote] agree with that too
SCB wrote on 2023-12-01 06:19:38:
agree with that too
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Full support! I'm lazy when it comes to searching for stuff and always do partial words as mentioned here- [quote name="Tserin" date="2023-11-26 20:20:51" ] [quote name="teddy2008" date="2023-11-26 20:18:38" ]I don't know anyone who types out the full name of the gene each time they want to search it, lol. [/quote] The majority of my searches are like, "jag" "sav" "cont" ¨cind" "gemb" "peac" So.. yeah this is not very helpful with that lmao. I can just adjust my habits to do primary gene: jag and just change the part after gene, it's not That big a deal, but I do wish for a more convenient option. [/quote] ...so the ability to just type part of the words instead, along with the added drop-down menu for breeds, would be SO much better.
Full support! I'm lazy when it comes to searching for stuff and always do partial words as mentioned here-
Tserin wrote on 2023-11-26 20:20:51:
teddy2008 wrote on 2023-11-26 20:18:38:
I don't know anyone who types out the full name of the gene each time they want to search it, lol.
The majority of my searches are like,
"jag"
"sav"
"cont"
¨cind"
"gemb"
"peac"
So.. yeah this is not very helpful with that lmao. I can just adjust my habits to do primary gene: jag and just change the part after gene, it's not That big a deal, but I do wish for a more convenient option.

...so the ability to just type part of the words instead, along with the added drop-down menu for breeds, would be SO much better.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
Support support support. Drop down menus that filter based on which dragons the gene can be applied to maxes the most sense. I don't understand why this wasn't the first solution, considering we already have it in the Marketplace.
Support support support. Drop down menus that filter based on which dragons the gene can be applied to maxes the most sense. I don't understand why this wasn't the first solution, considering we already have it in the Marketplace.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png