Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change "Riot" to "Rot"
1 2 3 4
i just feel like rot makes more sense because like... the gene isnt rioting? i mean its also not rotting but it could be...

idk i feel like the naming conventions of some of the genes are going to be pretty bad considering we're going to have one called "greens" or "greenskeeper" which... sounds dumb.
i just feel like rot makes more sense because like... the gene isnt rioting? i mean its also not rotting but it could be...

idk i feel like the naming conventions of some of the genes are going to be pretty bad considering we're going to have one called "greens" or "greenskeeper" which... sounds dumb.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
yeah sure why not

both would be cool, wouldnt bother me in the slightest if they changed it Or if they kept it. both are cool
yeah sure why not

both would be cool, wouldnt bother me in the slightest if they changed it Or if they kept it. both are cool
I dont agree its bad enough we didn't get a good gene lets not name it something its not
I dont agree its bad enough we didn't get a good gene lets not name it something its not
No support. I don't know why people in the forums and offsite have been acting so surprised over what it's called, it fits the naming convention and I'm pretty sure a dev straight up said it would be called Riot? I might have to search through the dev tracker...
No support. I don't know why people in the forums and offsite have been acting so surprised over what it's called, it fits the naming convention and I'm pretty sure a dev straight up said it would be called Riot? I might have to search through the dev tracker...
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
[quote name="Panarow" date="2023-10-22 16:35:57" ] I dont agree its bad enough we didn't get a good gene lets not name it something its not [/quote] it's waaaaay better than what light flight got, you gotta give them that. that gene is sooo bad
Panarow wrote on 2023-10-22 16:35:57:
it's waaaaay better than what light flight got, you gotta give them that. that gene is sooo bad
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I... really don't see the problem here and if it gets changed it just ends up annoying a different set of people. I don't see the point in changing it.
I... really don't see the problem here and if it gets changed it just ends up annoying a different set of people. I don't see the point in changing it.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Same boat as Tserin. There's no point in renaming it if it's not offensive. It follows how they named the festivals.
Same boat as Tserin. There's no point in renaming it if it's not offensive. It follows how they named the festivals.
Please don't quote me.
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-10-22 17:40:38" ] [quote name="Panarow" date="2023-10-22 16:35:57" ] I dont agree its bad enough we didn't get a good gene lets not name it something its not [/quote] it's waaaaay better than what light flight got, you gotta give them that. that gene is sooo bad [/quote] It's the best fest gene so far
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-10-22 17:40:38:
Panarow wrote on 2023-10-22 16:35:57:
it's waaaaay better than what light flight got, you gotta give them that. that gene is sooo bad

It's the best fest gene so far
[quote name="Limanya" date="2023-10-22 11:04:01" ] [quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-10-22 10:00:52" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2023-10-22 09:38:53" ] counterargument: keeping it as "riot" breaks the naming scheme of using the flight-related word in the festival name [/quote] Uh... Yeeah, but the Plague Festival's name being the odd one out is something that's been set in stone since... Well, forever. They've named the set with this naming scheme regardless. [/quote] it's not that much of an odd one out, imo, given that it - like all other fest names - contains a 'festival' and 'flight' element. it's just written as 'riot of rot' instead of 'rot riot' - but i do not see how that prevents the use of 'rot' for the gene name. riot of rot fits in much better with the other fest names than riot does with the other gene names; i think the similarity of the words makes it stand out less but it'd be weird if for example arcane randomly got a gene named "celebration" while every other flight got one named for their element, y'know? or if we get one named "gathering" in may? it just sounds off to me personally given that the familiar does get to be named "marigold of rot", having the gene be named riot feels extra odd to me since now it also doesn't match the familiar it released with. ultimately this all doesn't matter that much and it [i]is[/i] only a single letter difference but still, it annoys me just enough that i do hope it gets changed for consistency's sake :P [/quote] Support for change
Limanya wrote on 2023-10-22 11:04:01:
Zenzic wrote on 2023-10-22 10:00:52:
Limanya wrote on 2023-10-22 09:38:53:
counterargument: keeping it as "riot" breaks the naming scheme of using the flight-related word in the festival name

Uh... Yeeah, but the Plague Festival's name being the odd one out is something that's been set in stone since... Well, forever. They've named the set with this naming scheme regardless.
it's not that much of an odd one out, imo, given that it - like all other fest names - contains a 'festival' and 'flight' element. it's just written as 'riot of rot' instead of 'rot riot' - but i do not see how that prevents the use of 'rot' for the gene name. riot of rot fits in much better with the other fest names than riot does with the other gene names; i think the similarity of the words makes it stand out less but it'd be weird if for example arcane randomly got a gene named "celebration" while every other flight got one named for their element, y'know? or if we get one named "gathering" in may? it just sounds off to me personally

given that the familiar does get to be named "marigold of rot", having the gene be named riot feels extra odd to me since now it also doesn't match the familiar it released with. ultimately this all doesn't matter that much and it is only a single letter difference but still, it annoys me just enough that i do hope it gets changed for consistency's sake :P
Support for change
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
No support from me. I think that it being named "Riot" makes it more distinctly a festival gene. If it were named "Rot" I'd expect it to actually be a rotting gene, where that's not really what the art portrays IMO [which isn't a bad thing, it's actually becoming my favorite fest gene we've gotten so far].
No support from me. I think that it being named "Riot" makes it more distinctly a festival gene. If it were named "Rot" I'd expect it to actually be a rotting gene, where that's not really what the art portrays IMO [which isn't a bad thing, it's actually becoming my favorite fest gene we've gotten so far].
!! signature under construction !!
1 2 3 4