Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fest Shop Idea: Gene Vouchers
1 2
I don't know if the currently released fest-exclusive terts would get more breeds added to them in the future (...or, uh, should that be phrased the other way around?), but I feel like this'll add a teensy bit of bloat to the fest shop in the future if they are. (I dunno, this was probably mentioned in the previous announcement on Greenskeeper's '23.)

To avoid this potentially becoming a problem as more Ancients get added, I had a tiny, silly idea: instead of there being separate listings for the genes, there's one listing for a Voucher that you take to Glass and Gloss for whatever specific scroll you need. Like, a Brightshine Gene Voucher can be traded in for Tertiary Gene: Brightshine (Veilspun) or Tertiary Gene: Brightshine (Undertide), and so on.

Pros:
-Reduces potential gene bloat in Joxar's shop
-The separate fest genes cost 60 fest currency each, if the Vouchers stayed that price you would be paying the same amount for two Vouchers that you would be paying for two copies of the gene for separate breeds
-The genes would technically be available year-round... but the Vouchers wouldn't be, technically keeping them fest-exclusive

Cons:
-This technically clutters Glass and Gloss' shop up more instead
-You have to go to a separate shop for the genes (admittedly not much of a con, but some people might prefer the current "one-stop shop" style of things)
-The genes would technically be available year-round as a result (yeah, this is listed in "pros", but even with the vouchers being fest-exclusive i could see someone having a problem with this)
-Could be unnecessary if Glass and Gloss become able to swap Ancient genes for scrolls of that gene for other Ancients (re: another suggestion thread i saw)

Not quite sure if this is a pro or con (probably the latter) but there's also a good chance I could be making a bigger deal out of this than I need to be, but I figured I'd toss this idea out anyways. :V

(Feel free to add more pros and cons in the replies, I probably missed something.)
I don't know if the currently released fest-exclusive terts would get more breeds added to them in the future (...or, uh, should that be phrased the other way around?), but I feel like this'll add a teensy bit of bloat to the fest shop in the future if they are. (I dunno, this was probably mentioned in the previous announcement on Greenskeeper's '23.)

To avoid this potentially becoming a problem as more Ancients get added, I had a tiny, silly idea: instead of there being separate listings for the genes, there's one listing for a Voucher that you take to Glass and Gloss for whatever specific scroll you need. Like, a Brightshine Gene Voucher can be traded in for Tertiary Gene: Brightshine (Veilspun) or Tertiary Gene: Brightshine (Undertide), and so on.

Pros:
-Reduces potential gene bloat in Joxar's shop
-The separate fest genes cost 60 fest currency each, if the Vouchers stayed that price you would be paying the same amount for two Vouchers that you would be paying for two copies of the gene for separate breeds
-The genes would technically be available year-round... but the Vouchers wouldn't be, technically keeping them fest-exclusive

Cons:
-This technically clutters Glass and Gloss' shop up more instead
-You have to go to a separate shop for the genes (admittedly not much of a con, but some people might prefer the current "one-stop shop" style of things)
-The genes would technically be available year-round as a result (yeah, this is listed in "pros", but even with the vouchers being fest-exclusive i could see someone having a problem with this)
-Could be unnecessary if Glass and Gloss become able to swap Ancient genes for scrolls of that gene for other Ancients (re: another suggestion thread i saw)

Not quite sure if this is a pro or con (probably the latter) but there's also a good chance I could be making a bigger deal out of this than I need to be, but I figured I'd toss this idea out anyways. :V

(Feel free to add more pros and cons in the replies, I probably missed something.)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
Oh I REALLY like this! Support.
One of the things I've been frustrated with this fest cycle is the rising currency demands.

I know everybody goes on and on about it being easier to get fc, but as someone who plays 99% on mobile the biggest earner -bonding familiars- is basically impossible. It takes over an hour to bond all the familiars attached to my lair dragons. That's not worth it, it's too tedious and awful to be bearable. But now we have TWO more big price items per fest, and potentially even more versions down the line to further split your funds between.

The option to buy vouchers and then use them on the specific scrolls when I have a need for a particular breed, instead of buying some of each in hopes when I need them it'll be the right ones would be great! Or a swap mechanic. But I really would prefer if I'm not stuck trying to anticipate what I'll need for the next full year and hoping I put my fest currency behind the winning bet.
One of the things I've been frustrated with this fest cycle is the rising currency demands.

I know everybody goes on and on about it being easier to get fc, but as someone who plays 99% on mobile the biggest earner -bonding familiars- is basically impossible. It takes over an hour to bond all the familiars attached to my lair dragons. That's not worth it, it's too tedious and awful to be bearable. But now we have TWO more big price items per fest, and potentially even more versions down the line to further split your funds between.

The option to buy vouchers and then use them on the specific scrolls when I have a need for a particular breed, instead of buying some of each in hopes when I need them it'll be the right ones would be great! Or a swap mechanic. But I really would prefer if I'm not stuck trying to anticipate what I'll need for the next full year and hoping I put my fest currency behind the winning bet.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2023-09-08 17:02:47" ] Oh I REALLY like this! Support. One of the things I've been frustrated with this fest cycle is the rising currency demands. I know everybody goes on and on about it being easier to get fc, but as someone who plays 99% on mobile the biggest earner -bonding familiars- is basically impossible. It takes over an hour to bond all the familiars attached to my lair dragons. That's not worth it, it's too tedious and awful to be bearable. But now we have TWO more big price items per fest, and potentially even more versions down the line to further split your funds between. The option to buy vouchers and then use them on the specific scrolls when I have a need for a particular breed, instead of buying some of each in hopes when I need them it'll be the right ones would be great! Or a swap mechanic. But I really would prefer if I'm not stuck trying to anticipate what I'll need for the next full year and hoping I put my fest currency behind the winning bet. [/quote] Really summed everything up well for me. Plus, a voucher is likely a LOT less intimidating for newer players trying to keep up with the fest demands. It's also a very easy to understand mechanic, almost every pet sim I've played has some kind of voucher item you can trade in for different special items in this way. It's not different from any other kind of currency that way really. Definitely support, it's clean and easy and takes off the pressure of trying to guess which breed you want this gene on more. G&G clutter is a valid concern, but it's always going to be cluttered tbqh. The way it is designed means this is impossible to avoid and we stray into dif topics entirely trying to fix this.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2023-09-08 17:02:47:

Really summed everything up well for me.
Plus, a voucher is likely a LOT less intimidating for newer players trying to keep up with the fest demands. It's also a very easy to understand mechanic, almost every pet sim I've played has some kind of voucher item you can trade in for different special items in this way. It's not different from any other kind of currency that way really.

Definitely support, it's clean and easy and takes off the pressure of trying to guess which breed you want this gene on more. G&G clutter is a valid concern, but it's always going to be cluttered tbqh. The way it is designed means this is impossible to avoid and we stray into dif topics entirely trying to fix this.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I think this should happens for ALL genes. Not fest only.
I'm glad saw here comment that it is easy and more clear for understanding.

(I still hope we'll get activdiscussion for everybody's good
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3232274/1 )
I think this should happens for ALL genes. Not fest only.
I'm glad saw here comment that it is easy and more clear for understanding.

(I still hope we'll get activdiscussion for everybody's good
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3232274/1 )

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
No support. Since the main concern is gene bloat, this just moves that problem from one shop to another, and actually makes the problem worse by needing all fest genes to be available year round, instead of for their specific fest week.

A gene voucher is not necessarily a bad idea in itself, but does run the risk of people mistaking which breeds it will work for. I'm very sympathetic to the issue of having to buy the fest genes without having a clear plan for them yet, but fest currency being what it is, they're probably also the cheapest non-Coli genes you can get.
No support. Since the main concern is gene bloat, this just moves that problem from one shop to another, and actually makes the problem worse by needing all fest genes to be available year round, instead of for their specific fest week.

A gene voucher is not necessarily a bad idea in itself, but does run the risk of people mistaking which breeds it will work for. I'm very sympathetic to the issue of having to buy the fest genes without having a clear plan for them yet, but fest currency being what it is, they're probably also the cheapest non-Coli genes you can get.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the fest-exclusive terts and potential solutions. It's always great to see the community brainstorming ideas to improve the game experience. If you're still exploring options, I have a suggestion that might interest you. Personally, I've found that using the best coupon apps is a game-changer when it comes to maximizing savings on various purchases. These apps offer a convenient way to access a wide range of discounts on different products and services. Plus, they often feature exclusive deals that you might not find elsewhere. So, if you're keen on exploring more efficient ways to manage in-game resources or just looking for some cool deals, give these coupon apps a try.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the fest-exclusive terts and potential solutions. It's always great to see the community brainstorming ideas to improve the game experience. If you're still exploring options, I have a suggestion that might interest you. Personally, I've found that using the best coupon apps is a game-changer when it comes to maximizing savings on various purchases. These apps offer a convenient way to access a wide range of discounts on different products and services. Plus, they often feature exclusive deals that you might not find elsewhere. So, if you're keen on exploring more efficient ways to manage in-game resources or just looking for some cool deals, give these coupon apps a try.
Making enough gold for that dragon can feel like a grind, especially when your computer isn't cooperating with certain games. Have you tried diversifying your gold-making methods? Sometimes, focusing on crafting or gathering resources can be more lucrative than solely relying on the trading post.
Making enough gold for that dragon can feel like a grind, especially when your computer isn't cooperating with certain games. Have you tried diversifying your gold-making methods? Sometimes, focusing on crafting or gathering resources can be more lucrative than solely relying on the trading post.
Yeah I've been buying 2-4 copies of gene for each breed even if I don't have a plan.

But like if glass and gloss could convert ancient to ancient (or sell the ancient parchment in favors and glass to choose breed) maybe I could buy 1/2 as many genes and idk a handful of apparel more.
Yeah I've been buying 2-4 copies of gene for each breed even if I don't have a plan.

But like if glass and gloss could convert ancient to ancient (or sell the ancient parchment in favors and glass to choose breed) maybe I could buy 1/2 as many genes and idk a handful of apparel more.
With Swipp and Baldwin being converted to parchments, that gives a reason for the fest genes to also be switched over that-a-ways. Plus, it gives the devs the option to release the genes for more breeds out of season, as it were. Also, I'd much prefer to be able to pick breeds as needed instead of having to guess blindly ahead of time whether I'll need say, ten Veil copies and two Aether copies or vice versa? It'd be useful. Support.
With Swipp and Baldwin being converted to parchments, that gives a reason for the fest genes to also be switched over that-a-ways. Plus, it gives the devs the option to release the genes for more breeds out of season, as it were. Also, I'd much prefer to be able to pick breeds as needed instead of having to guess blindly ahead of time whether I'll need say, ten Veil copies and two Aether copies or vice versa? It'd be useful. Support.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Support. G&G was made to contain everything, and it’s fine to have a lot of options because you go there knowing what you’re trading for, that’s the point of it
sBdLZtA.png
1 2