Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | remove pursuit: Breed a pair of dragons
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
i'm just gonna keep saying over and over again that breeding dragons is already a weekly pursuit on top of being a daily one
i'm just gonna keep saying over and over again that breeding dragons is already a weekly pursuit on top of being a daily one
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2023-06-23 07:50:52" ] [quote name="CinnamonThief" date="2023-06-23 07:08:41" ] Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable. [/quote] I don’t want to come off as combative but I genuinely have no idea what you are saying here. The two scenarios are absolutely identical: player makes a choice to lock them out of a possible pursuit. They get reward regardless if that single pursuit is completed. (Baldwin item, new dragons) You can argue items worth more then others all day but that is completely irrelevant since the only reason this thread exists is because players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before. Both of these instances fall into that category. (For tone purposes, I’m not angry or cranky or any adjacent feeling. I am just highly highly confused on this thread of logic) A single reroll for some treasure seems the best solution. Doesn’t give too much power and allows people locked out of specific pursuits from their own disabilities or reasons a second chance as well. However I don’t think it should be unlimited rerolls. [/quote] Personally (I can't say what other people feel) I think if I got locked out of a Baldwin pursuit I wouldn't feel as bad about it. It's kinda like how in game there's a difference between deaths that feel like they're caused by your own mistake and those caused by the game mechanics. In the end you still die, but the game is more fun if it feels like your mistake is what led to the failure. It comes down to the psychology behind why you got locked out. Baldwin is rarer, more intense (long time items always have a lot of prep) and to me they feel more risky and exciting. There's a lot of preparation so when I finally click that "brew for three days" button I know what kinda choice I'm making. So if I get locked out during that it's like, yeah it sucks but that's on me. Breeding can also be intense, but most of the time I find it a leisurely activity I do for fun, and constantly at that. I never breed thinking "alright, I won't be able to breed another nest for five days" so when I run into a situation where I suddenly need to breed on the spot, it feels worse even though technically it's the same situation. I fully get if that doesn't make sense though. I was pondering whether I'd even put that in my comment [emoji=tundra tongue size=1]. I love the psychology of game mehcanics so trying to figure out how they'll affect players is fun. I'd be all for a reroll mechanic. It feels like I'd be the best for everyone. I'd honestly use it just to see if I could get something more fun.
Gryphire wrote on 2023-06-23 07:50:52:
CinnamonThief wrote on 2023-06-23 07:08:41:
Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable.
I don’t want to come off as combative but I genuinely have no idea what you are saying here. The two scenarios are absolutely identical: player makes a choice to lock them out of a possible pursuit. They get reward regardless if that single pursuit is completed. (Baldwin item, new dragons)

You can argue items worth more then others all day but that is completely irrelevant since the only reason this thread exists is because players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before. Both of these instances fall into that category.

(For tone purposes, I’m not angry or cranky or any adjacent feeling. I am just highly highly confused on this thread of logic)

A single reroll for some treasure seems the best solution. Doesn’t give too much power and allows people locked out of specific pursuits from their own disabilities or reasons a second chance as well. However I don’t think it should be unlimited rerolls.

Personally (I can't say what other people feel) I think if I got locked out of a Baldwin pursuit I wouldn't feel as bad about it.

It's kinda like how in game there's a difference between deaths that feel like they're caused by your own mistake and those caused by the game mechanics. In the end you still die, but the game is more fun if it feels like your mistake is what led to the failure.

It comes down to the psychology behind why you got locked out. Baldwin is rarer, more intense (long time items always have a lot of prep) and to me they feel more risky and exciting. There's a lot of preparation so when I finally click that "brew for three days" button I know what kinda choice I'm making.

So if I get locked out during that it's like, yeah it sucks but that's on me.

Breeding can also be intense, but most of the time I find it a leisurely activity I do for fun, and constantly at that. I never breed thinking "alright, I won't be able to breed another nest for five days" so when I run into a situation where I suddenly need to breed on the spot, it feels worse even though technically it's the same situation.

I fully get if that doesn't make sense though. I was pondering whether I'd even put that in my comment . I love the psychology of game mehcanics so trying to figure out how they'll affect players is fun.

I'd be all for a reroll mechanic. It feels like I'd be the best for everyone. I'd honestly use it just to see if I could get something more fun.
Support for either removing "breed dragons" or making it include incubate a nest as a way to complete it.

Or give us a nest cancel option. I don't have room to be setting up multiple nests per week just for achievements.
Support for either removing "breed dragons" or making it include incubate a nest as a way to complete it.

Or give us a nest cancel option. I don't have room to be setting up multiple nests per week just for achievements.
[quote name="@Jemadar" date="2023-06-23 05:36:37" ] For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points. With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance. I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do. [/quote] I would definitely favor changing the pursuits (for breeding, 'nest a pair' become 'nest a pair or incubate a nest', for Baldwin change the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits to 'visit Baldwin's lab' or 'stir your brew') over removing them. That still keeps the spirit of the task - go engage with this area of the site - and retains the benefit to people who currently enjoy getting pursuit points for those activities. Yes, you can alter your playstyle [i]in advance[/i] so you never get locked out of these two. If I'd realized the breeding pursuit was a thing before I got it, maybe I would have switched from hatching/filling all my nests on the same day to hatching a new one every day, just to see how long I could keep the streak going. But probably I would have abandoned even that once I realized the Baldwin thing, since to be perfectly safe in that regard you just can't ever brew tokens. And the point of a [b]daily[/b] pursuit feels like it should be just that - a thing you can set out to accomplish, and achieve, on that day. Not one you need to set up five days in advance, on the chance that [i]maybe[/i] you'll get that pursuit on that specific day.
@Jemadar wrote on 2023-06-23 05:36:37:
For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points.

With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance.

I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do.

I would definitely favor changing the pursuits (for breeding, 'nest a pair' become 'nest a pair or incubate a nest', for Baldwin change the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits to 'visit Baldwin's lab' or 'stir your brew') over removing them. That still keeps the spirit of the task - go engage with this area of the site - and retains the benefit to people who currently enjoy getting pursuit points for those activities.

Yes, you can alter your playstyle in advance so you never get locked out of these two. If I'd realized the breeding pursuit was a thing before I got it, maybe I would have switched from hatching/filling all my nests on the same day to hatching a new one every day, just to see how long I could keep the streak going. But probably I would have abandoned even that once I realized the Baldwin thing, since to be perfectly safe in that regard you just can't ever brew tokens.

And the point of a daily pursuit feels like it should be just that - a thing you can set out to accomplish, and achieve, on that day. Not one you need to set up five days in advance, on the chance that maybe you'll get that pursuit on that specific day.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support. Dailies that you are locked out completing due to not having enough foresight to be able to predict exactly when the RNG is going to ask you to do them somewhat defeats the purpose of it being a daily, particularly if it's a site function you're already actively engaging with anyway as intended. It could be easily replaced with the "visit X page" option instead, similar to the tasks that ask you to look at the World Map or the Dominance page, without requiring any real loss of effort.

It can be especially aggravating if you are someone who is trying to complete the monthly challenge to get the bonus Achievement Points; I realize that staff has said that not every achievement should be or needs to be accomplished, but there is an existing, time-sensitive incentive to do so, even if it is just bonus APs.
Support. Dailies that you are locked out completing due to not having enough foresight to be able to predict exactly when the RNG is going to ask you to do them somewhat defeats the purpose of it being a daily, particularly if it's a site function you're already actively engaging with anyway as intended. It could be easily replaced with the "visit X page" option instead, similar to the tasks that ask you to look at the World Map or the Dominance page, without requiring any real loss of effort.

It can be especially aggravating if you are someone who is trying to complete the monthly challenge to get the bonus Achievement Points; I realize that staff has said that not every achievement should be or needs to be accomplished, but there is an existing, time-sensitive incentive to do so, even if it is just bonus APs.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2023-06-23 11:45:00" ] Support for either removing "breed dragons" or making it include incubate a nest as a way to complete it. Or give us a nest cancel option. I don't have room to be setting up multiple nests per week just for achievements. [/quote] Actually it is a good time point to implement already nest destroying that people ask for long time. [quote] players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before. [/quote] Very good point! Just imagine week or month pursuit here that coulsd be restricted for you because you did/didn't something weeks/months before! (FR has really minor things that could reguair some long time to make example.)
PersimmonBird wrote on 2023-06-23 11:45:00:

Actually it is a good time point to implement already nest destroying that people ask for long time.

Quote:
players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before.
Very good point! Just imagine week or month pursuit here that coulsd be restricted for you because you did/didn't something weeks/months before!

(FR has really minor things that could reguair some long time to make example.)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support. At the very least I think it should be merged with the incubate a nest one. The argument against this of "not everyone will be able to complete the daily ones" is ridiculous - if you ask me, the whole point of the daily pursuits is that they should be doable on a daily basis. I mean, all the others that I've done/seen so far are easily completed: visit the Dominance page, go to the World Map, etc. Weekly and monthly pursuits are a different story; those I understand will take time and often some users will not be able to complete them all. Breeding dragons should at the least be a weekly pursuit.
Support. At the very least I think it should be merged with the incubate a nest one. The argument against this of "not everyone will be able to complete the daily ones" is ridiculous - if you ask me, the whole point of the daily pursuits is that they should be doable on a daily basis. I mean, all the others that I've done/seen so far are easily completed: visit the Dominance page, go to the World Map, etc. Weekly and monthly pursuits are a different story; those I understand will take time and often some users will not be able to complete them all. Breeding dragons should at the least be a weekly pursuit.
sN7OFwo.pngGbuT06g.pngcDKoVmo.pngypkYF0y.pnggIVnoKR.pngAK7QxV1.pngTz9zkEa.png
6JqFst1.png
8xADJuh.png
[quote name="Lara8" date="2023-06-23 12:20:27" ] [quote name="@Jemadar" date="2023-06-23 05:36:37" ] For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points. With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance. I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do. [/quote] I would definitely favor changing the pursuits (for breeding, 'nest a pair' become 'nest a pair or incubate a nest', for Baldwin change the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits to 'visit Baldwin's lab' or 'stir your brew') over removing them. That still keeps the spirit of the task - go engage with this area of the site - and retains the benefit to people who currently enjoy getting pursuit points for those activities. Yes, you can alter your playstyle [i]in advance[/i] so you never get locked out of these two. If I'd realized the breeding pursuit was a thing before I got it, maybe I would have switched from hatching/filling all my nests on the same day to hatching a new one every day, just to see how long I could keep the streak going. But probably I would have abandoned even that once I realized the Baldwin thing, since to be perfectly safe in that regard you just can't ever brew tokens. And the point of a [b]daily[/b] pursuit feels like it should be just that - a thing you can set out to accomplish, and achieve, on that day. Not one you need to set up five days in advance, on the chance that [i]maybe[/i] you'll get that pursuit on that specific day. [/quote] ^This is how I feel about it as well. Instead of removing the Baldwin and breeding pursuits altogether - because I'm locked out of stuff like G&G and Shock Switch thanks to my neurological issues, so that reduces what I can do for dailies - I would like Baldwin and breeding to be more flexible. I don't want to have to be obligated to keep 1-2 nests open at all times for the daily pursuit, especially when I currently have breeding projects where all my nests are full at any given time. And I don't want to have to skip brewing a Prismatic Token during fests because I have to keep my cauldron open for Baldwin. So making the requirement somewhat more flexible would help a lot?
Lara8 wrote on 2023-06-23 12:20:27:
@Jemadar wrote on 2023-06-23 05:36:37:
For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points.

With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance.

I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do.

I would definitely favor changing the pursuits (for breeding, 'nest a pair' become 'nest a pair or incubate a nest', for Baldwin change the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits to 'visit Baldwin's lab' or 'stir your brew') over removing them. That still keeps the spirit of the task - go engage with this area of the site - and retains the benefit to people who currently enjoy getting pursuit points for those activities.

Yes, you can alter your playstyle in advance so you never get locked out of these two. If I'd realized the breeding pursuit was a thing before I got it, maybe I would have switched from hatching/filling all my nests on the same day to hatching a new one every day, just to see how long I could keep the streak going. But probably I would have abandoned even that once I realized the Baldwin thing, since to be perfectly safe in that regard you just can't ever brew tokens.

And the point of a daily pursuit feels like it should be just that - a thing you can set out to accomplish, and achieve, on that day. Not one you need to set up five days in advance, on the chance that maybe you'll get that pursuit on that specific day.

^This is how I feel about it as well. Instead of removing the Baldwin and breeding pursuits altogether - because I'm locked out of stuff like G&G and Shock Switch thanks to my neurological issues, so that reduces what I can do for dailies - I would like Baldwin and breeding to be more flexible. I don't want to have to be obligated to keep 1-2 nests open at all times for the daily pursuit, especially when I currently have breeding projects where all my nests are full at any given time. And I don't want to have to skip brewing a Prismatic Token during fests because I have to keep my cauldron open for Baldwin. So making the requirement somewhat more flexible would help a lot?
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="@Holland" date="2023-06-24 00:38:52" ] Breeding dragons should at the least be a weekly pursuit. [/quote] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-23 07:57:10" ] i'm just gonna keep saying over and over again that breeding dragons is already a weekly pursuit on top of being a daily one [/quote] people already have TWO different ways to do this pursuit but shrugging emoji
@Holland wrote on 2023-06-24 00:38:52:
Breeding dragons should at the least be a weekly pursuit.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-23 07:57:10:

people already have TWO different ways to do this pursuit but shrugging emoji
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Returning to this thread because I woke up to this cute combination of daily pursuits [img]https://i.imgur.com/Xpq2yvL.png[/img] 2 daily pursuits that both task me with going to my Nesting Grounds and doing a thing, but one is tied to a mechanic that has a built-in 5-day cooldown whereas the other one can be done daily, no matter what state the nests might be in. When I made my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3248265/5#post_54427731]previous post[/url] I hadn’t gotten the “Incubate a nest” task yet so I didn’t know it was already a thing, obviously having 2 pursuits for the same activity doesn’t make sense so at this point I’m in favor of just removing “Breed a pair of dragons” from the daily pursuits, "Incubate a nest" already serves the purpose of encouraging players to use their Nesting Grounds so having both seems unnecessary. This daily pursuit has already caused enough bad player experiences to spawn multiple forum threads and will continue to do so if it goes unchanged, bad player experiences should be avoided where possible so something should be changed. [LIST] [*]It is unreasonable to say that people can just change their breeding playstyle [*]It is unreasonable to say that people can just spend premium currency [/LIST] I believe that daily pursuits should not include activities which players can, by the mechanics of the game, be unable to interact with through regular gameplay. Alternatively (and I think others have already suggested something like this) an underlying condition system could maybe work for all issues mentioned in this thread. [LIST] [*]Have no empty nests? No daily breeding pursuit [*]Brewing a recipe with a long timer? No daily Baldwin pursuit [*]Health condition? No Fairgrounds or Coliseum pursuits, none. [/LIST] The last one I imagine could be tied to an account setting, we have a toggle for April Fools so having one that people with prohibitive health conditions can use to, at least as a start, avoid getting pursuits for those activities doesn't seem like an unreasonable idea.
Returning to this thread because I woke up to this cute combination of daily pursuits
Xpq2yvL.png
2 daily pursuits that both task me with going to my Nesting Grounds and doing a thing, but one is tied to a mechanic that has a built-in 5-day cooldown whereas the other one can be done daily, no matter what state the nests might be in.
When I made my previous post I hadn’t gotten the “Incubate a nest” task yet so I didn’t know it was already a thing, obviously having 2 pursuits for the same activity doesn’t make sense so at this point I’m in favor of just removing “Breed a pair of dragons” from the daily pursuits, "Incubate a nest" already serves the purpose of encouraging players to use their Nesting Grounds so having both seems unnecessary.

This daily pursuit has already caused enough bad player experiences to spawn multiple forum threads and will continue to do so if it goes unchanged, bad player experiences should be avoided where possible so something should be changed.
  • It is unreasonable to say that people can just change their breeding playstyle
  • It is unreasonable to say that people can just spend premium currency
I believe that daily pursuits should not include activities which players can, by the mechanics of the game, be unable to interact with through regular gameplay.

Alternatively (and I think others have already suggested something like this) an underlying condition system could maybe work for all issues mentioned in this thread.
  • Have no empty nests? No daily breeding pursuit
  • Brewing a recipe with a long timer? No daily Baldwin pursuit
  • Health condition? No Fairgrounds or Coliseum pursuits, none.
The last one I imagine could be tied to an account setting, we have a toggle for April Fools so having one that people with prohibitive health conditions can use to, at least as a start, avoid getting pursuits for those activities doesn't seem like an unreasonable idea.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16