Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | remove pursuit: Breed a pair of dragons
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
@Stonebirch why else this item exist?
It looks kinda useless even with pursuit issue.
Without it it even more useless. It costs still a lot but faves much less then old boon.
Again unfortunately we will not get statistic but I'm really curious how often it will be used.
@Stonebirch why else this item exist?
Without it it even more useless. It costs still a lot but faves much less then old boon.
Again unfortunately we will not get statistic but I'm really curious how often it will be used.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Syndasch" date="2023-06-22 11:19:23" ] You should not be punished for engaging with a site feature. [/quote] this is hardly a punishment like the stakes here are so minimal that if you think its a punishment you really gotta reevaluate some things the only solution to this problem is a reroll system otherwise every single nesting, fairgrounds, and baldwin daily will have to be removed because ultimately SOMEONE will complain that they cant do it or its not fair
Syndasch wrote on 2023-06-22 11:19:23:
You should not be punished for engaging with a site feature.

this is hardly a punishment like the stakes here are so minimal that if you think its a punishment you really gotta reevaluate some things

the only solution to this problem is a reroll system otherwise every single nesting, fairgrounds, and baldwin daily will have to be removed because ultimately SOMEONE will complain that they cant do it or its not fair
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-06-22 13:19:33" ] why else this item exist? It looks kinda useless even with pursuit issue. Without it it even more useless. It costs still a lot but faves much less then old boon. Again unfortunately we will not get statistic but I'm really curious how often it will be used. [/quote] I mean, I bought it and plan to use it for cases where I mis-time a nest but don't need it immediately, or to get eggs to hatch on specific amusing days, or want to breed a new dragon without waiting, or just because I get impatient and Want My Five Babies Now. It's just a fun toy. It's not here to persecute you. This thread is like a week old. They did not design, draw, code, and implement an entire feature in a week just to target a thread on a very minor issue. That's..... that's not a balanced or reasonable take. No one is out to get anyone. No one is forcing you to buy it. [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-22 15:27:01" ] the only solution to this problem is a reroll system otherwise every single nesting, fairgrounds, and baldwin daily will have to be removed because ultimately SOMEONE will complain that they cant do it or its not fair [/quote] tbf people will also complain about any kind of reroll system because no one site can cater to literally everyone. For instance: I don't [i]want[/i] a reroll system. I like what we've got! I personally think it would takes away the challenge of completing things or the delight of "oooh TODAY I can do everything!" So I would would complain about that too :D There's simply no pleasing everyone.
Alkhor wrote on 2023-06-22 13:19:33:
why else this item exist?

I mean, I bought it and plan to use it for cases where I mis-time a nest but don't need it immediately, or to get eggs to hatch on specific amusing days, or want to breed a new dragon without waiting, or just because I get impatient and Want My Five Babies Now. It's just a fun toy. It's not here to persecute you. This thread is like a week old. They did not design, draw, code, and implement an entire feature in a week just to target a thread on a very minor issue. That's..... that's not a balanced or reasonable take. No one is out to get anyone. No one is forcing you to buy it.

hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-22 15:27:01:
the only solution to this problem is a reroll system otherwise every single nesting, fairgrounds, and baldwin daily will have to be removed because ultimately SOMEONE will complain that they cant do it or its not fair

tbf people will also complain about any kind of reroll system because no one site can cater to literally everyone. For instance: I don't want a reroll system. I like what we've got! I personally think it would takes away the challenge of completing things or the delight of "oooh TODAY I can do everything!" So I would would complain about that too :D There's simply no pleasing everyone.
For a not-inconsequential subset of players, 'doing all of the things' is is a reward in and of itself. It's a tempting enough lure that, again, it's caused me to interact with the site in lots of ways I typically wouldn't, and spend extra time and treasure doing so. Being locked out of any given one removes that motivation. It doesn't make me stressed or depressed, but it makes me less interested in engaging with the feature, and it looks like I'm not the only one who feels that way.

For example, if all of the pursuits are attainable, I'll do even the ones I might not have been planning to do on that day, such as finding something to buy from the treasure MP.

If even one is straight-up impossible, I lose interest in whether I leave the others uncompleted too.

And again, I think there's a very clear line between pursuits that are challenging and ones that can be impossible on any given day, due to actions prior to that day. So it would make sense to me to avoid including the latter, not to make the pursuits system easier, but to retain attainable completionism as an incentive.

~

(For Baldwin, perhaps the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits could be replaced by one that's simply 'visit Baldwin's page' (like the existing 'visit the world map'). Sure, people who don't use their cauldrons at all could then get a pass on having to brew something up, but I don't think that's too unforgivably generous.

Or perhaps there could be a non-functional 'stir' button added - doesn't affect anything, but if you click it while you have a brew or transmutation in progress, you get the pursuit.)

~

I agree that re-rolling doesn't seem helpful. It does remove some of the challenge factor, and if the two potentially-impossible tasks remain, you could still end up with something you simply couldn't do.
For a not-inconsequential subset of players, 'doing all of the things' is is a reward in and of itself. It's a tempting enough lure that, again, it's caused me to interact with the site in lots of ways I typically wouldn't, and spend extra time and treasure doing so. Being locked out of any given one removes that motivation. It doesn't make me stressed or depressed, but it makes me less interested in engaging with the feature, and it looks like I'm not the only one who feels that way.

For example, if all of the pursuits are attainable, I'll do even the ones I might not have been planning to do on that day, such as finding something to buy from the treasure MP.

If even one is straight-up impossible, I lose interest in whether I leave the others uncompleted too.

And again, I think there's a very clear line between pursuits that are challenging and ones that can be impossible on any given day, due to actions prior to that day. So it would make sense to me to avoid including the latter, not to make the pursuits system easier, but to retain attainable completionism as an incentive.

~

(For Baldwin, perhaps the 'brew' and 'transmute' pursuits could be replaced by one that's simply 'visit Baldwin's page' (like the existing 'visit the world map'). Sure, people who don't use their cauldrons at all could then get a pass on having to brew something up, but I don't think that's too unforgivably generous.

Or perhaps there could be a non-functional 'stir' button added - doesn't affect anything, but if you click it while you have a brew or transmutation in progress, you get the pursuit.)

~

I agree that re-rolling doesn't seem helpful. It does remove some of the challenge factor, and if the two potentially-impossible tasks remain, you could still end up with something you simply couldn't do.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
if it's hardly a punishment or hardly a reward then why be so vehemently against it being changed/removed? it's not like it's giving people a sprite, there's no harm done by people getting a tiny something extra.
if it's hardly a punishment or hardly a reward then why be so vehemently against it being changed/removed? it's not like it's giving people a sprite, there's no harm done by people getting a tiny something extra.
20829.png __ null | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
[quote name="Stonebirch" date="2023-06-22 17:12:17" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-22 15:27:01" ] the only solution to this problem is a reroll system otherwise every single nesting, fairgrounds, and baldwin daily will have to be removed because ultimately SOMEONE will complain that they cant do it or its not fair [/quote] tbf people will also complain about any kind of reroll system because no one site can cater to literally everyone. For instance: I don't [i]want[/i] a reroll system. I like what we've got! I personally think it would takes away the challenge of completing things or the delight of "oooh TODAY I can do everything!" So I would would complain about that too :D There's simply no pleasing everyone. [/quote] fwiw i don't WANT a reroll system but i've only suggested it previously as a potential option to avoid the total nukeage of pursuits so people will STOP complaining about getting pursuits they "can't" do (or just refuse to skip)
Stonebirch wrote on 2023-06-22 17:12:17:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-22 15:27:01:
tbf people will also complain about any kind of reroll system because no one site can cater to literally everyone. For instance: I don't want a reroll system. I like what we've got! I personally think it would takes away the challenge of completing things or the delight of "oooh TODAY I can do everything!" So I would would complain about that too :D There's simply no pleasing everyone.
fwiw i don't WANT a reroll system but i've only suggested it previously as a potential option to avoid the total nukeage of pursuits so people will STOP complaining about getting pursuits they "can't" do (or just refuse to skip)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Quote:
mean, I bought it and plan to use it for cases where I mis-time a nest but don't need it immediately, or to get eggs to hatch on specific amusing days, or want to breed a new dragon without waiting, or just because I get impatient and Want My Five Babies Now. It's just a fun toy. It's not here to persecute you. This thread is like a week old. They did not design, draw, code, and implement an entire feature in a week just to target a thread on a very minor issue. That's..... that's not a balanced or reasonable take. No one is out to get anyone. No one is forcing you to buy it.

That's what I mean exactly! It targets very minor number of players. Who need specific date but not prepared enough to nest dragons mutch before needed date and need "emergency toy"
Or "impatient to get his 5 eggs" but in the same moment patient enough to wait 4 days instead of buying full boon.
Etc.
Quote:
mean, I bought it and plan to use it for cases where I mis-time a nest but don't need it immediately, or to get eggs to hatch on specific amusing days, or want to breed a new dragon without waiting, or just because I get impatient and Want My Five Babies Now. It's just a fun toy. It's not here to persecute you. This thread is like a week old. They did not design, draw, code, and implement an entire feature in a week just to target a thread on a very minor issue. That's..... that's not a balanced or reasonable take. No one is out to get anyone. No one is forcing you to buy it.

That's what I mean exactly! It targets very minor number of players. Who need specific date but not prepared enough to nest dragons mutch before needed date and need "emergency toy"
Or "impatient to get his 5 eggs" but in the same moment patient enough to wait 4 days instead of buying full boon.
Etc.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points.

With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance.

I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do.

Right now, these pursuits are able to be done by everyone, albeit it might mean a change in play style for them (keeping a nest free/not brewing a token).

However, there are a few pursuits that involve mechanics that some people literally cannot do. Coli and any fairgrounds related pursuits would have to go as well, because if the argument is that pursuits should be something that people *can* complete daily, then those types are also in the 'not everyone can complete these daily' category. There are some people who literally cannot load the coliseum on their device, which means they are completely locked out of any coliseum related pursuits. Some people physically cannot do (or should not do) the coliseum, which again, means they are locked out of completing that pursuit. The same can be said of most/all fair grounds games (maybe high/low is available). Either due to devices not wanting to run the games, or being physically unable to do them, there are people who cannot complete those pursuits.

So, why should two pursuits that are theoretically completeable to everyone on site (because it is just clicking a couple of buttons) be removed, but the pursuits that some people are literally locked out of remain?

That is why I support a reroll system. Will it please everyone? Of course not, but I feel it is less punishing to players who might not be able to do other areas of the site, but breeding and baldwin are two they can do. I also feel if done right it can be a good treasure sink.
For me, the reason why I don't want pursuits removed, is because that is taking them away from the people who might want to do those pursuits and need those extra points.

With the next, I don't mean to be insensitive, so if I come across like that, I apologize in advance.

I feel that if we remove the two pursuits that *can* be done by everyone, breeding and baldwin, or change them, then we also have to remove pursuits that some people literally cannot do.

Right now, these pursuits are able to be done by everyone, albeit it might mean a change in play style for them (keeping a nest free/not brewing a token).

However, there are a few pursuits that involve mechanics that some people literally cannot do. Coli and any fairgrounds related pursuits would have to go as well, because if the argument is that pursuits should be something that people *can* complete daily, then those types are also in the 'not everyone can complete these daily' category. There are some people who literally cannot load the coliseum on their device, which means they are completely locked out of any coliseum related pursuits. Some people physically cannot do (or should not do) the coliseum, which again, means they are locked out of completing that pursuit. The same can be said of most/all fair grounds games (maybe high/low is available). Either due to devices not wanting to run the games, or being physically unable to do them, there are people who cannot complete those pursuits.

So, why should two pursuits that are theoretically completeable to everyone on site (because it is just clicking a couple of buttons) be removed, but the pursuits that some people are literally locked out of remain?

That is why I support a reroll system. Will it please everyone? Of course not, but I feel it is less punishing to players who might not be able to do other areas of the site, but breeding and baldwin are two they can do. I also feel if done right it can be a good treasure sink.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2023-06-23 05:36:37" ] So, why should two pursuits that are theoretically completeable to everyone on site (because it is just clicking a couple of buttons) be removed, but the pursuits that some people are literally locked out of remain?[/quote] There's a difference between people being unable to complete pursuits due to personal reasons that are outside the site's control and being softlocked. The reason I'd like to see the daily breeding pursuit changed is not because some users can't do it, but because it's a mechanical flaw in the game design. Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable. But having fun breeding on a breeding site and getting a breeding pursuit that you can't complete because you bred your dragons is a little silly. Ultimately I don't have any strong opinions on this and I don't know how possible any of this is to implement. But if it's doable to change [i]just[/i] the daily breeding pursuit (and no other) to incubating that'd be some nice polish.
Jemadar wrote on 2023-06-23 05:36:37:

There's a difference between people being unable to complete pursuits due to personal reasons that are outside the site's control and being softlocked. The reason I'd like to see the daily breeding pursuit changed is not because some users can't do it, but because it's a mechanical flaw in the game design.

Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable.

But having fun breeding on a breeding site and getting a breeding pursuit that you can't complete because you bred your dragons is a little silly.

Ultimately I don't have any strong opinions on this and I don't know how possible any of this is to implement. But if it's doable to change just the daily breeding pursuit (and no other) to incubating that'd be some nice polish.
[quote name="CinnamonThief" date="2023-06-23 07:08:41" ] Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable. [/quote] I don’t want to come off as combative but I genuinely have no idea what you are saying here. The two scenarios are absolutely identical: player makes a choice to lock them out of a possible pursuit. They get reward regardless if that single pursuit is completed. (Baldwin item, new dragons) You can argue items worth more then others all day but that is completely irrelevant since the only reason this thread exists is because players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before. Both of these instances fall into that category. (For tone purposes, I’m not angry or cranky or any adjacent feeling. I am just highly highly confused on this thread of logic) A single reroll for some treasure seems the best solution. Doesn’t give too much power and allows people locked out of specific pursuits from their own disabilities or reasons a second chance as well. However I don’t think it should be unlimited rerolls.
CinnamonThief wrote on 2023-06-23 07:08:41:
Baldwin I don't mind staying because it's a lot more occasional and people who brew long-time items generally know they'll lock themselves out of the cauldron. There's agency in that choice, and even if you miss out on some pursuit points you'll at least get the baldwin item which is generally pretty valuable.
I don’t want to come off as combative but I genuinely have no idea what you are saying here. The two scenarios are absolutely identical: player makes a choice to lock them out of a possible pursuit. They get reward regardless if that single pursuit is completed. (Baldwin item, new dragons)

You can argue items worth more then others all day but that is completely irrelevant since the only reason this thread exists is because players want to be able to complete every pursuit in a day regardless of what decisions they made the day (or couple days) before. Both of these instances fall into that category.

(For tone purposes, I’m not angry or cranky or any adjacent feeling. I am just highly highly confused on this thread of logic)

A single reroll for some treasure seems the best solution. Doesn’t give too much power and allows people locked out of specific pursuits from their own disabilities or reasons a second chance as well. However I don’t think it should be unlimited rerolls.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16