Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Claim All for Achievements
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support!
Support!
6Nn9hBD.png
YxYcwlh.png
1674GGt.png
Support! I claimed most of mine and still have about 70 to go, it was a lot of effort and I'm not looking forwards to doing the last ones.
Support! I claimed most of mine and still have about 70 to go, it was a lot of effort and I'm not looking forwards to doing the last ones.
JXVUomh.png ~ FR + 21
~ Wishlist
~ Avatar dragon
wvz5N8O.png
Support! The number of achievements I currently have to claim is 89, exactly.
Support! The number of achievements I currently have to claim is 89, exactly.
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
yes please. i am having such a hard time not to express just how annoyed i feel by the way this was implemented.
yes please. i am having such a hard time not to express just how annoyed i feel by the way this was implemented.
I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time, so sorry if I don't respond immediately to pings/messages ^^'[/center]
Support! I have *so* many things to claim and I don’t want to click all of them manually haha
Support! I have *so* many things to claim and I don’t want to click all of them manually haha
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
I think the only reason I'm on the fence about this is that I think the whole "having 300+ achievements to go through" is likely to be a one-time sort of thing. It's a couple years of backlog to go through, but I don't think it's going to happen again for most of us.
I think the only reason I'm on the fence about this is that I think the whole "having 300+ achievements to go through" is likely to be a one-time sort of thing. It's a couple years of backlog to go through, but I don't think it's going to happen again for most of us.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
this would be nice. i expect fr wants the ad revenue from all the extra refreshes though, like with familiar bonding, so i don't know that it will change.
this would be nice. i expect fr wants the ad revenue from all the extra refreshes though, like with familiar bonding, so i don't know that it will change.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Support!
Support!
Ha, I started claiming until I noticed the numbers indicate the ones still left. No way I'm gonna manually click through 250+ achievements. lol That's rough.

I support the idea of at least removing the second window listing the rewards again, as it doesn't do much after claiming and there's already a "Recently Earned" feature displaying everything.
Ha, I started claiming until I noticed the numbers indicate the ones still left. No way I'm gonna manually click through 250+ achievements. lol That's rough.

I support the idea of at least removing the second window listing the rewards again, as it doesn't do much after claiming and there's already a "Recently Earned" feature displaying everything.
[quote name="Trix" date="2023-06-08 13:32:55" ] (...) I think the whole "having 300+ achievements to go through" is likely to be a one-time sort of thing. It's a couple years of backlog to go through, but I don't think it's going to happen again for most of us. (...) [/quote] While we normally don't chime in on Suggestions threads, I did want to highlight that this is one of the primary reasons that a Claim All button does not exist in the feature. Today, in the grand scheme of [i]Flight Rising[/i], claiming a lot of achievements will be an exception, not the standard flow once things settle. The other reason is that with a system this new, we think it's important that players have deliberate control/agency over the process of claiming their achievements, and performing a conscious action on a single achievement at a time helps reinforce how the system works. There are also significant risks with introducing a batch claim option right out of the gate: 1) a bug in that kind of function could be really, really bad, b) performing that many claims all at once is technically heavy on a day where we're already suffering from high load, and c) it could lead to confusion if a player claims achievements they didn't even see that they completed. That confusion could trickle over into our helpdesk and put severe pressure on our Support team, who are already tanking a lot! That being said, we hear you. Thank you for spinning up a thread to talk about it.
Trix wrote on 2023-06-08 13:32:55:
(...) I think the whole "having 300+ achievements to go through" is likely to be a one-time sort of thing. It's a couple years of backlog to go through, but I don't think it's going to happen again for most of us. (...)

While we normally don't chime in on Suggestions threads, I did want to highlight that this is one of the primary reasons that a Claim All button does not exist in the feature. Today, in the grand scheme of Flight Rising, claiming a lot of achievements will be an exception, not the standard flow once things settle.

The other reason is that with a system this new, we think it's important that players have deliberate control/agency over the process of claiming their achievements, and performing a conscious action on a single achievement at a time helps reinforce how the system works.

There are also significant risks with introducing a batch claim option right out of the gate: 1) a bug in that kind of function could be really, really bad, b) performing that many claims all at once is technically heavy on a day where we're already suffering from high load, and c) it could lead to confusion if a player claims achievements they didn't even see that they completed. That confusion could trickle over into our helpdesk and put severe pressure on our Support team, who are already tanking a lot!

That being said, we hear you. Thank you for spinning up a thread to talk about it.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 3 4 5 6