Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene Marketplace Stock
1 2 3
Support for the increase of stocked items, specially for new breeds/genes!

I've been trying to get Blaze for 4 days now, not once have I seen it show up. Aether breed scroll are gone in 0.1 second since they are (rarely) stocked by 10-15 at a time... Doesn't give a chance to most people to grab one unless you are snipping the MP. And even then, people who have a chance to snipe are taking most of it and reselling for 3 times the price, which I find isn't fair for people who would actually use the gene.
Give more chances to ''normal'' people on here and stock more, please!
Support for the increase of stocked items, specially for new breeds/genes!

I've been trying to get Blaze for 4 days now, not once have I seen it show up. Aether breed scroll are gone in 0.1 second since they are (rarely) stocked by 10-15 at a time... Doesn't give a chance to most people to grab one unless you are snipping the MP. And even then, people who have a chance to snipe are taking most of it and reselling for 3 times the price, which I find isn't fair for people who would actually use the gene.
Give more chances to ''normal'' people on here and stock more, please!
YaLh2Os.png
I would be very happy to see new items stock in higher numbers, the site might as well sell lots while interest is highest.

No support for purchase limits, aside from things like dom shops, some of us just buy in bulk. I've dropped over 10 MILLION in treasure on gene and breed scrolls in a couple big batches over a day or two, because I saved up for months to buy what I needed while my flight had dom.

The marketplace already sucks with the way the page refreshes after each purchase so if you are buying more than one item it's a massive hassle to get them, on top of how tedious and frustrating it is to stalk the MP for hours or days waiting for something to appear. I don't want to see it get even worse because now you can only buy so much before hitting a wall
I would be very happy to see new items stock in higher numbers, the site might as well sell lots while interest is highest.

No support for purchase limits, aside from things like dom shops, some of us just buy in bulk. I've dropped over 10 MILLION in treasure on gene and breed scrolls in a couple big batches over a day or two, because I saved up for months to buy what I needed while my flight had dom.

The marketplace already sucks with the way the page refreshes after each purchase so if you are buying more than one item it's a massive hassle to get them, on top of how tedious and frustrating it is to stalk the MP for hours or days waiting for something to appear. I don't want to see it get even worse because now you can only buy so much before hitting a wall
[Breed Change: Aether] sold for over 800G as well as 700KT at AH.
yesterday it was still like 400G/KT.
I don't intend to buy these overpriced items.
I will however keep an eye on them for j price changes.
OhJZymZ.pngp385kih.pngMy Hatchery|KillerBoba.pnga742683aa0704a193cc2d9848ff7e2ae2a7c7023.png
[quote name="enddy" date="2023-04-04 21:20:49" ] [Breed Change: Aether] sold for over 800G as well as 700KT at AH. yesterday it was still like 400G/KT. I don't intend to buy these overpriced items. I will however keep an eye on them for j price changes. [/quote] Although literally day before it breed scrolls sit in market in 200 quantity! And what? None buy it! (Yes I understand that most just didn't make dessision about project. And most players do not buy anything without plan "for a case" (and actually resellers do so)) Limiting number of items per person makes things on AH even worst. It makes number of scrolls in circulation less and price on AH higher! Probably prolong overstock period good desission.
enddy wrote on 2023-04-04 21:20:49:
Although literally day before it breed scrolls sit in market in 200 quantity! And what? None buy it! (Yes I understand that most just didn't make dessision about project. And most players do not buy anything without plan "for a case" (and actually resellers do so))
Limiting number of items per person makes things on AH even worst.
It makes number of scrolls in circulation less and price on AH higher!

Probably prolong overstock period good desission.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Thegoofyfox" date="2023-04-04 15:19:33" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-04-04 15:09:41" ] Aether dragons are brand new, so their genes are, also, and in high demand. Compare Primary Gene: Sphinxmoth (Veilspun), which currently has an LAH lower than the standard MP price. If you have to have it right now the inflated price is part of the actual cost of the item. If you're willing to wait (or camp out on the MP), then you can have the sticker price (or less). In short, I really don't think this is needed at all, and I don't really have a problem with the idea that having it early is worth more. [/quote] Well tbf Veilspuns Sphinxmoth Gene appears more in Marketplace than Cinder, which may lead to it's more even pricing. Bar Gene appears almost always I noticed, and it stays pretty close to it's MP price when in AH, if not less. Even for Aether's Bar Gene. So I guess a more applicable idea would be for new genes to appear more, to deflect these mass-buyers from buying Gene stock for reselling. As for the item thing, I'd say maybe we could limit just genes, since I never see it happen unless it's with genes or eye vials [/quote] Over what time period are you judging this? Because to be additionally fair, Sphinxmoth is years old. It could be that it's stocking over time the same, but people aren't buying it as much so it's available more often.
Thegoofyfox wrote on 2023-04-04 15:19:33:
Almedha wrote on 2023-04-04 15:09:41:
Aether dragons are brand new, so their genes are, also, and in high demand. Compare Primary Gene: Sphinxmoth (Veilspun), which currently has an LAH lower than the standard MP price.

If you have to have it right now the inflated price is part of the actual cost of the item. If you're willing to wait (or camp out on the MP), then you can have the sticker price (or less).

In short, I really don't think this is needed at all, and I don't really have a problem with the idea that having it early is worth more.
Well tbf Veilspuns Sphinxmoth Gene appears more in Marketplace than Cinder, which may lead to it's more even pricing. Bar Gene appears almost always I noticed, and it stays pretty close to it's MP price when in AH, if not less. Even for Aether's Bar Gene. So I guess a more applicable idea would be for new genes to appear more, to deflect these mass-buyers from buying Gene stock for reselling.

As for the item thing, I'd say maybe we could limit just genes, since I never see it happen unless it's with genes or eye vials
Over what time period are you judging this? Because to be additionally fair, Sphinxmoth is years old. It could be that it's stocking over time the same, but people aren't buying it as much so it's available more often.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-04-04 22:06:51" ] [quote name="Thegoofyfox" date="2023-04-04 15:19:33" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-04-04 15:09:41" ] Aether dragons are brand new, so their genes are, also, and in high demand. Compare Primary Gene: Sphinxmoth (Veilspun), which currently has an LAH lower than the standard MP price. If you have to have it right now the inflated price is part of the actual cost of the item. If you're willing to wait (or camp out on the MP), then you can have the sticker price (or less). In short, I really don't think this is needed at all, and I don't really have a problem with the idea that having it early is worth more. [/quote] Well tbf Veilspuns Sphinxmoth Gene appears more in Marketplace than Cinder, which may lead to it's more even pricing. Bar Gene appears almost always I noticed, and it stays pretty close to it's MP price when in AH, if not less. Even for Aether's Bar Gene. So I guess a more applicable idea would be for new genes to appear more, to deflect these mass-buyers from buying Gene stock for reselling. As for the item thing, I'd say maybe we could limit just genes, since I never see it happen unless it's with genes or eye vials [/quote] Over what time period are you judging this? Because to be additionally fair, Sphinxmoth is years old. It could be that it's stocking over time the same, but people aren't buying it as much so it's available more often. [/quote] Over the 2 days I was watching the marketplace, which maybe isn't the greatest sample time. But that's what I noticed
Almedha wrote on 2023-04-04 22:06:51:
Thegoofyfox wrote on 2023-04-04 15:19:33:
Almedha wrote on 2023-04-04 15:09:41:
Aether dragons are brand new, so their genes are, also, and in high demand. Compare Primary Gene: Sphinxmoth (Veilspun), which currently has an LAH lower than the standard MP price.

If you have to have it right now the inflated price is part of the actual cost of the item. If you're willing to wait (or camp out on the MP), then you can have the sticker price (or less).

In short, I really don't think this is needed at all, and I don't really have a problem with the idea that having it early is worth more.
Well tbf Veilspuns Sphinxmoth Gene appears more in Marketplace than Cinder, which may lead to it's more even pricing. Bar Gene appears almost always I noticed, and it stays pretty close to it's MP price when in AH, if not less. Even for Aether's Bar Gene. So I guess a more applicable idea would be for new genes to appear more, to deflect these mass-buyers from buying Gene stock for reselling.

As for the item thing, I'd say maybe we could limit just genes, since I never see it happen unless it's with genes or eye vials
Over what time period are you judging this? Because to be additionally fair, Sphinxmoth is years old. It could be that it's stocking over time the same, but people aren't buying it as much so it's available more often.

Over the 2 days I was watching the marketplace, which maybe isn't the greatest sample time. But that's what I noticed
2023_07_12_0us_Kleki.pngHeadpiece-center-50x80.pngSmall-banner-25x80.pngAll pictures are clickable!
No support for limit, big support for increased supply

In shortest?
Lack of per-user limit is not a problem at all, the very low MP supply is.
Limit like this would kill DOM shops and actually increase the attractiveness of flipping, while for me and you the limit will not only make us still not see certain items in MP but will also backfire for items we do need more copies of, since we'd then be forced to buy from flipping players instead of MP even if we did see it stocked there! It would distrupt the gameplay to the users who do use those items on their dragons.

For instance, I heard that Aether BC was restocked mere 3-4 times this Dom week, BCs generally stock at 5 to15 copies...

These vanish in seconds, I heard that atm a single user can't possibly manage to buy 2 copies of Aether BC per restock, so no, the players who flip aren't to blame here, and if you look at the AH, those aren't listed by just one or three players but several...

The insufficient Marketplace restock is the main issue and the reason this buy-to-resell procedure is profitable and overdone when it can and the reason why me and you can't see e.g. Aether BC in MP. The insufficeint supply is the main reason users do and will do the flipping for the desirable MP items that don't drop anywhere else except MP.

Introducing a limit like this will do much more harm than good.

And would definitely do the opposite of this suggestion's aim is^^; Especially the elimination of DOM shops a limit like this would cause.
No support for limit, big support for increased supply

In shortest?
Lack of per-user limit is not a problem at all, the very low MP supply is.
Limit like this would kill DOM shops and actually increase the attractiveness of flipping, while for me and you the limit will not only make us still not see certain items in MP but will also backfire for items we do need more copies of, since we'd then be forced to buy from flipping players instead of MP even if we did see it stocked there! It would distrupt the gameplay to the users who do use those items on their dragons.

For instance, I heard that Aether BC was restocked mere 3-4 times this Dom week, BCs generally stock at 5 to15 copies...

These vanish in seconds, I heard that atm a single user can't possibly manage to buy 2 copies of Aether BC per restock, so no, the players who flip aren't to blame here, and if you look at the AH, those aren't listed by just one or three players but several...

The insufficient Marketplace restock is the main issue and the reason this buy-to-resell procedure is profitable and overdone when it can and the reason why me and you can't see e.g. Aether BC in MP. The insufficeint supply is the main reason users do and will do the flipping for the desirable MP items that don't drop anywhere else except MP.

Introducing a limit like this will do much more harm than good.

And would definitely do the opposite of this suggestion's aim is^^; Especially the elimination of DOM shops a limit like this would cause.
18qkmim.png
Aryena&BillieXNtD94z.png
0uVMYap.png
FR_mid_column_sig.png
Hfp00Bl.pngfdUVIfW.pngQUIpVFE.pngUMevL3r.png
bYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.pngDa1cz0f.pngOBrKa68.png
I would like to see an increase in the amount stock, especially for new items beyond what is happening currently
I would like to see an increase in the amount stock, especially for new items beyond what is happening currently
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
Problem is also in drastically increasing number of different items.
And things become worst with new breeds and genes.
If let's say now appears 5 new items in market before remove all in end of hour it is high chance that item you want does not shows even once before everything start from blank page.

We NEED more items appears every time new items added in market.

IE it must show at least 2/3 of existing items within hour.

Maybe even more.
Problem is also in drastically increasing number of different items.
And things become worst with new breeds and genes.
If let's say now appears 5 new items in market before remove all in end of hour it is high chance that item you want does not shows even once before everything start from blank page.

We NEED more items appears every time new items added in market.

IE it must show at least 2/3 of existing items within hour.

Maybe even more.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I had this same problem with Cinder. I was hunting for it all week and then was able to snag one last night. I was worried I wouldn't find it at all and then my dom discount would go away. Not a huge deal but still frustrating. And I can't camp out the marketplace much since I work full-time.

I'm not sure about limiting how much players can buy but I support having higher stock for newer genes, or more ideally, the treasure marketplace being more like the gem one and just having all genes at all times but that's a pipe dream I understand. It'd just be easier for people who work on projects but can't be online that much.
I had this same problem with Cinder. I was hunting for it all week and then was able to snag one last night. I was worried I wouldn't find it at all and then my dom discount would go away. Not a huge deal but still frustrating. And I can't camp out the marketplace much since I work full-time.

I'm not sure about limiting how much players can buy but I support having higher stock for newer genes, or more ideally, the treasure marketplace being more like the gem one and just having all genes at all times but that's a pipe dream I understand. It'd just be easier for people who work on projects but can't be online that much.
wsC9LP4.jpg
1 2 3