Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ability to Get Back Genes/Scrolls
1 2 3
Now hear me out. I know this sounds “OP” or otherwise, but I think this might be cool!

You know how have Self Service and we can bring back exalted dragons if we want to? What if we could do the same with genes and scrolls? Once every 90 days, someone can retract back a gene or scroll and be refunded their scroll back. This way, people who make mistakes like accidentally using a gene or scroll can have their gene/scroll back, but at the same time it prevents people from doing this to gain a profit. Like when the Wildclaw scrolls come back and sometimes takes off theirs to make an extra profit.

What do you guys think?
Now hear me out. I know this sounds “OP” or otherwise, but I think this might be cool!

You know how have Self Service and we can bring back exalted dragons if we want to? What if we could do the same with genes and scrolls? Once every 90 days, someone can retract back a gene or scroll and be refunded their scroll back. This way, people who make mistakes like accidentally using a gene or scroll can have their gene/scroll back, but at the same time it prevents people from doing this to gain a profit. Like when the Wildclaw scrolls come back and sometimes takes off theirs to make an extra profit.

What do you guys think?
d6ZVnAI.gif
Only if it can keep track of the dragon within your lair, then revert them back if you do make a mistake or regret the decision. If the dragon’s gone, then you cannot take the scroll back because they’re either exalted and/or in another lair. Otherwise, I’m not really opposed to this. I know people made mistakes with these scrolls.
Only if it can keep track of the dragon within your lair, then revert them back if you do make a mistake or regret the decision. If the dragon’s gone, then you cannot take the scroll back because they’re either exalted and/or in another lair. Otherwise, I’m not really opposed to this. I know people made mistakes with these scrolls.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
If people can't resell them and/or there's a huge cooldown, I sure don't see the problem. I once saw someone accidentally use a modern Stained scroll on the wrong dragon, and I've gotta say, that one hurt to witness. I also agree with what DarkVixen said about it only being a dragon you own, but possibly with the addition that if it leaves your lair temporarily, that also negates the ability to refund the scroll. Mistakes happen. Personally when I apply genes and such, I triple check that I'm putting something on the right dragon since that stuff can be expensive. [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
If people can't resell them and/or there's a huge cooldown, I sure don't see the problem. I once saw someone accidentally use a modern Stained scroll on the wrong dragon, and I've gotta say, that one hurt to witness.

I also agree with what DarkVixen said about it only being a dragon you own, but possibly with the addition that if it leaves your lair temporarily, that also negates the ability to refund the scroll.

Mistakes happen. Personally when I apply genes and such, I triple check that I'm putting something on the right dragon since that stuff can be expensive.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Support. I WC scrolled a G1 of mine but immediately afterwards began feeling cold feet regarding her scry. Being able to get that scroll back would be nice.
Support. I WC scrolled a G1 of mine but immediately afterwards began feeling cold feet regarding her scry. Being able to get that scroll back would be nice.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
As long as it's limited to dragons in your lair and it also removes the gene/breed/etc from the dragon, support.
As long as it's limited to dragons in your lair and it also removes the gene/breed/etc from the dragon, support.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="DarkVixen" date="2022-11-28 12:59:52" ] Only if it can keep track of the dragon within your lair, then revert them back if you do make a mistake or regret the decision. If the dragon’s gone, then you cannot take the scroll back because they’re either exalted and/or in another lair. Otherwise, I’m not really opposed to this. I know people made mistakes with these scrolls. [/quote] I agree here and also that it can't have been bred after the scroll was applied. This would close up most loopholes so that it can only really be used for mistakes.
DarkVixen wrote on 2022-11-28 12:59:52:

I agree here and also that it can't have been bred after the scroll was applied.

This would close up most loopholes so that it can only really be used for mistakes.
If nothing else, at least allow it to happen with clanbound scrolls. There's a thread about someone who used a (I believe) clanbound Undertide scroll on fodder accidentally. There's no harm in doing it with Clanbound scrolls since you can't sell them anyways.

I'm kinda torn on it for non-clanbound, but as long as some things that have been mentioned are addressed (if you don't have the dragon or if you bred the dragon, you can't use it, etc) then, well, I'm not too opposed to it.
If nothing else, at least allow it to happen with clanbound scrolls. There's a thread about someone who used a (I believe) clanbound Undertide scroll on fodder accidentally. There's no harm in doing it with Clanbound scrolls since you can't sell them anyways.

I'm kinda torn on it for non-clanbound, but as long as some things that have been mentioned are addressed (if you don't have the dragon or if you bred the dragon, you can't use it, etc) then, well, I'm not too opposed to it.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
In some ways it still feels too powerful to me. What if someone decided to breedchange a dragon to a Wildclaw for breeding purposes, and once they got the hatchlings they wanted they removed the scroll and sold it at an upscaled price? Or what if someone, say, has 4 pairs of dragons that they breed once a year in different seasons, 1 dragon from each pair needs a Coatl scroll but they don't feel like paying 8000 gems to permanently gene up all of them. They could theoretically time breeding the pairs in a way that would allow them to only buy 1 scroll and just rotate what dragon it's applied to

I could maybe support this if a scroll becomes clanbound after it's removed, and it can't be removed more than once or after a dragon's been bred with the scroll applied, but right now it still feels too powerful for me to support
In some ways it still feels too powerful to me. What if someone decided to breedchange a dragon to a Wildclaw for breeding purposes, and once they got the hatchlings they wanted they removed the scroll and sold it at an upscaled price? Or what if someone, say, has 4 pairs of dragons that they breed once a year in different seasons, 1 dragon from each pair needs a Coatl scroll but they don't feel like paying 8000 gems to permanently gene up all of them. They could theoretically time breeding the pairs in a way that would allow them to only buy 1 scroll and just rotate what dragon it's applied to

I could maybe support this if a scroll becomes clanbound after it's removed, and it can't be removed more than once or after a dragon's been bred with the scroll applied, but right now it still feels too powerful for me to support
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
I wouldn't mind this, but either with a *very* short window (like an hour after you applied the scroll, once that hour is up, you can't get the scroll back) or with the list of provisos other people have come up with.

IE, you must currently own the dragon, it cannot have been bred after the scroll was applied, etc...
I wouldn't mind this, but either with a *very* short window (like an hour after you applied the scroll, once that hour is up, you can't get the scroll back) or with the list of provisos other people have come up with.

IE, you must currently own the dragon, it cannot have been bred after the scroll was applied, etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
This does sound nice (If hard to code). I do agree that the window for taking back the scroll should be short, only a day or so. This gives folks enough time to catch on to mistaken scrolling or accidental misclicks.

So support.
This does sound nice (If hard to code). I do agree that the window for taking back the scroll should be short, only a day or so. This gives folks enough time to catch on to mistaken scrolling or accidental misclicks.

So support.
1 2 3