Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove or edit the vomit on Danger Decor
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't have an opinion on if it should be changed or not but.. I always assumed for some strange reason it was wood varnish hahah
I don't have an opinion on if it should be changed or not but.. I always assumed for some strange reason it was wood varnish hahah
hmm, while that is not at all my first impression when i saw that familiar (i thought it was honey or maybe melted chocolate), i can definitely see your point. it always struck me as a little weird anyway, since the color is so isolated, and the material is so non-specific. i wouldn't mind if it was changed for other people's sakes.
hmm, while that is not at all my first impression when i saw that familiar (i thought it was honey or maybe melted chocolate), i can definitely see your point. it always struck me as a little weird anyway, since the color is so isolated, and the material is so non-specific. i wouldn't mind if it was changed for other people's sakes.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
I don't really care I think it makes it look worse but there are other familiars that have details that make them look worse so.
I don't really care I think it makes it look worse but there are other familiars that have details that make them look worse so.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I personally wouldn’t mind changing the color to something less disgusting than brown. The brown color always makes me sick to look at. Maybe blue or pink? Gold might work, too. All that is being changed is the color, so it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement.
I personally wouldn’t mind changing the color to something less disgusting than brown. The brown color always makes me sick to look at. Maybe blue or pink? Gold might work, too. All that is being changed is the color, so it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2022-10-21 18:55:39" ] No support, I don't think intentional artwork/colors should be changed just because some people dislike it, even if it's a lot of people that dislike it. (Especially this long after it was released?) [/quote] Exactly this, personal opinions (and this is exactly a personal interpretation of an art choice, I never saw it or interpreted it as vomit) should not be the basis for a change.
Drakessis wrote on 2022-10-21 18:55:39:
No support, I don't think intentional artwork/colors should be changed just because some people dislike it, even if it's a lot of people that dislike it. (Especially this long after it was released?)

Exactly this, personal opinions (and this is exactly a personal interpretation of an art choice, I never saw it or interpreted it as vomit) should not be the basis for a change.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="Twizz" date="2022-10-21 21:15:07" ] An on-site image filter may be a potential solution at some point in the future and players would be able to filter out whatever images they find uncomfortable be it familiars, foods, skins or what have you. [/quote] Always and forever in support of this!
Twizz wrote on 2022-10-21 21:15:07:
An on-site image filter may be a potential solution at some point in the future and players would be able to filter out whatever images they find uncomfortable be it familiars, foods, skins or what have you.
Always and forever in support of this!
Making it more look like actual drool would be good (so kinda water colored) EDIT: Came out more like ectoplasm, but it looks pretty good. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/brm4Kgh2/ecto.png[/img]
Making it more look like actual drool would be good (so kinda water colored)

EDIT: Came out more like ectoplasm, but it looks pretty good.

ecto.png
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Support. I only noticed since you mentioned it and it looks kind of gross tbh
Support. I only noticed since you mentioned it and it looks kind of gross tbh
wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
The depiction of a drooling familiar isn't bad at all, though I agree that the colour of the drool can really bring some unfortunate implications and levels of "disgusting". (Imagine if the drool were red coloured? Colour immediately changes how the image reads!)

Recolouring the drool to appeal clear (waterlike), or even a neon colour would definitely tone down on the grossout factor - making the drool appear more akin to "fantasy monster slime" and less like real world bodily waste/fluids.
The depiction of a drooling familiar isn't bad at all, though I agree that the colour of the drool can really bring some unfortunate implications and levels of "disgusting". (Imagine if the drool were red coloured? Colour immediately changes how the image reads!)

Recolouring the drool to appeal clear (waterlike), or even a neon colour would definitely tone down on the grossout factor - making the drool appear more akin to "fantasy monster slime" and less like real world bodily waste/fluids.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
honestly... i really dont support changing artwork of familiars to fit people's personal preferences, or because someone finds the artwork repulsive.

only changes i would support is either changes due to the artwork containing something unintentionally hurtful, or if staff themselves decide that some artwork needs to get revamped.

what instead i would support is blacklisting system that would allow blurring out specific items, and specific dragon traits. because i believe that treating symptoms instead of addressing the root cause is not good choice. and the root cause here is lack of system for players to filter out content they do not wish to see.
honestly... i really dont support changing artwork of familiars to fit people's personal preferences, or because someone finds the artwork repulsive.

only changes i would support is either changes due to the artwork containing something unintentionally hurtful, or if staff themselves decide that some artwork needs to get revamped.

what instead i would support is blacklisting system that would allow blurring out specific items, and specific dragon traits. because i believe that treating symptoms instead of addressing the root cause is not good choice. and the root cause here is lack of system for players to filter out content they do not wish to see.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
1 2 3 4 5 6 7