Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Generation Two in the AH & Dragon Search
1 2 3 4
support!
support!
Support especially as it would help breeding projects to allow people to find dragons that have less chance to be related but may not be common g1 colors.
Support especially as it would help breeding projects to allow people to find dragons that have less chance to be related but may not be common g1 colors.
Support! I'd love to be able to look at pure G2 dragons from the AH!
Support! I'd love to be able to look at pure G2 dragons from the AH!
shEW0xb.png
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-10-10 20:59:49" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-10-08 13:36:51" ] No support for a simple problem: what is a G2? As far as I know, there are two definitions floating around, one where both parents have to be G1s and another where only one has to be G1 - whichever option staff chooses, they will be codifying something that has no objective differences from a random Gmany. I believe that staff should be making as few as possible subjective choices that do not directly affect gameplay (that is, they shouldn't be dictating the "correct" way to play the game outside of actual gameplay mechanics) and this would certainly be a subjective choice. [/quote] If they choose to mean [i]pure g2[/i] it would be objective, which means that's probably what they should choose. [quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2022-10-08 16:06:56" ] i don't think anybody defines a g2 as only having one g1 parent? both parents have to be g1s or it isn't a g2, that's universally accepted from my experience. [/quote] They do, and some people use [i]pure g2[/i] to clarify. [/quote] Pure refers to both parents being of the same breed. A pure G2 imp is one with two G1 imp parents. An impure G2 imp is one with an Imp and a non-imp parent.
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-10-10 20:59:49:
RedWillia wrote on 2022-10-08 13:36:51:
No support for a simple problem: what is a G2? As far as I know, there are two definitions floating around, one where both parents have to be G1s and another where only one has to be G1 - whichever option staff chooses, they will be codifying something that has no objective differences from a random Gmany. I believe that staff should be making as few as possible subjective choices that do not directly affect gameplay (that is, they shouldn't be dictating the "correct" way to play the game outside of actual gameplay mechanics) and this would certainly be a subjective choice.

If they choose to mean pure g2 it would be objective, which means that's probably what they should choose.
Kuroikumo wrote on 2022-10-08 16:06:56:

i don't think anybody defines a g2 as only having one g1 parent? both parents have to be g1s or it isn't a g2, that's universally accepted from my experience.

They do, and some people use pure g2 to clarify.

Pure refers to both parents being of the same breed. A pure G2 imp is one with two G1 imp parents. An impure G2 imp is one with an Imp and a non-imp parent.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Support. G2 imps would have a hoot and it'd help everyone out selling their g2s from their progens and other valued g1s.
Support. G2 imps would have a hoot and it'd help everyone out selling their g2s from their progens and other valued g1s.
siggy.png
I would really like this to be a thing! I think it would be fun to be able to find gen2s to buy more easily
I would really like this to be a thing! I think it would be fun to be able to find gen2s to buy more easily
I could support this. Sometimes I want to get dragons that are g2s, but its impossible to really find that specifically. I imagine a drop down menu wouldn't go into too specific a family linage. Just Gen 1s, gen 2s, and then Gen 3+, with no way to know exactly what generation it is.

In my example a gen 2 has to have two Gen 1 parents, but I also don't know how the site would look for that information specifically. Unless Generation 2 dragosn ended up with some sort of mark or symbol on them on hatching, and the auction house then could look up only dragons with that mark/symbol on them.

But now I worry that might give an artificial value, or implied value to Generation 2 dragons specifically. So then would all dragons need a mark determining their generation?

I might be overthinking this a bit.
I could support this. Sometimes I want to get dragons that are g2s, but its impossible to really find that specifically. I imagine a drop down menu wouldn't go into too specific a family linage. Just Gen 1s, gen 2s, and then Gen 3+, with no way to know exactly what generation it is.

In my example a gen 2 has to have two Gen 1 parents, but I also don't know how the site would look for that information specifically. Unless Generation 2 dragosn ended up with some sort of mark or symbol on them on hatching, and the auction house then could look up only dragons with that mark/symbol on them.

But now I worry that might give an artificial value, or implied value to Generation 2 dragons specifically. So then would all dragons need a mark determining their generation?

I might be overthinking this a bit.
I'd like an option search any generation. At least at Search if it is easier than search AH.

Caus I remember how someone searching G19 dragon.
I do not see why G1 and G2 should be preferred against all other players playstiles.
I'd like an option search any generation. At least at Search if it is easier than search AH.

I do not see why G1 and G2 should be preferred against all other players playstiles.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-01-24 09:39:34" ] I'd like an option search any generation. At least at Search if it is easier than search AH. Caus I remember how someone searching G19 dragon. I do not see why G1 and G2 should be preferred against all other players playstiles. [/quote] I think it's just because going too far back could be a bit too complicated. Systems that start with that tracker usually stop tracking past a certain point (although that's how it was on the sites I played; it could very well be different elsewhere). On sites I've been on which track that, they've stopped around G100 but, again, that could definitely have changed since. I would assume it's because going back like 200 generations would be... stressful. I don't know, though, and I'm not going to use that as a "no, can't do". Just theorizing why. I digress... In any case, I think being able to search as far as [I]reasonably[/I] possible is 100% a fair ask (and I don't think we can really determine that ourselves because we don't know the capabilities of the system... but I'd be very interested in knowing). I know of a couple people doing lineage projects where the dragons have to be a very specific generation even when they hit, for example, G10. Plus it's just nice to have such a search option in general, even if it's limited. TLDR; I like that idea. ^^ I want it for the AH though. If Search can do it, so can the AH. The Search is going through all existing dragons while the AH is only those listed. Edit: Autocorrect...
Alkhor wrote on 2023-01-24 09:39:34:

I think it's just because going too far back could be a bit too complicated. Systems that start with that tracker usually stop tracking past a certain point (although that's how it was on the sites I played; it could very well be different elsewhere). On sites I've been on which track that, they've stopped around G100 but, again, that could definitely have changed since. I would assume it's because going back like 200 generations would be... stressful. I don't know, though, and I'm not going to use that as a "no, can't do". Just theorizing why. I digress...

In any case, I think being able to search as far as reasonably possible is 100% a fair ask (and I don't think we can really determine that ourselves because we don't know the capabilities of the system... but I'd be very interested in knowing). I know of a couple people doing lineage projects where the dragons have to be a very specific generation even when they hit, for example, G10. Plus it's just nice to have such a search option in general, even if it's limited.

TLDR; I like that idea. ^^ I want it for the AH though. If Search can do it, so can the AH. The Search is going through all existing dragons while the AH is only those listed.

Edit:
Autocorrect...
I wouldn't care about it, but I support it for those who do.
I wouldn't care about it, but I support it for those who do.
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
1 2 3 4