Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Tert Gene: Point Coloration
1 2 3
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-10-22 03:05:29" ] Points needs a gradient on the wingtips, too; we’ve got a lot of terts that only apply to the body, and they always seem a bit unbalanced to me. That would differentiate it a bit more from Okapi, too. [/quote] Counterpoint: I would personally greatly prefer peacock without the shoulder markings. Sometimes it works best for a gene to only touch one section of the dragon.
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-10-22 03:05:29:
Points needs a gradient on the wingtips, too; we’ve got a lot of terts that only apply to the body, and they always seem a bit unbalanced to me. That would differentiate it a bit more from Okapi, too.

Counterpoint: I would personally greatly prefer peacock without the shoulder markings. Sometimes it works best for a gene to only touch one section of the dragon.
jt3PpxV.png Lorem.....

GuAY.png
Support! Would be nice to have a subtler tertiary and it would probably work well with fade/blend
Support! Would be nice to have a subtler tertiary and it would probably work well with fade/blend
HX0RiC0.png
Please, a nice subtle tert like point would be nice. I wish it would follow the contours of the body maybe a bit more rather then being just a simple fade, but either way I want. Would make for some nice simple dragons, and I can already think of at least one derg I have that would benefit greatly from it.
Please, a nice subtle tert like point would be nice. I wish it would follow the contours of the body maybe a bit more rather then being just a simple fade, but either way I want. Would make for some nice simple dragons, and I can already think of at least one derg I have that would benefit greatly from it.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
seeing as colorpoint darkens the cold areas of cats (paws, tail, ears, face) I'd love to see a colorpoint tertiary that reflects this on each breed. To fit with the site's aesthetic, I'd like for it to be a little fancier than just a solid gradient (it looks a little... too low effort to just spraypaint the gene on.)

We need more tertiary genes in general
I'll maybe make some mockups later of what i'm picturing
seeing as colorpoint darkens the cold areas of cats (paws, tail, ears, face) I'd love to see a colorpoint tertiary that reflects this on each breed. To fit with the site's aesthetic, I'd like for it to be a little fancier than just a solid gradient (it looks a little... too low effort to just spraypaint the gene on.)

We need more tertiary genes in general
I'll maybe make some mockups later of what i'm picturing
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
[quote name="Veradana" date="2021-10-22 15:44:32" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2021-10-22 03:05:29" ] Points needs a gradient on the wingtips, too; we’ve got a lot of terts that only apply to the body, and they always seem a bit unbalanced to me. That would differentiate it a bit more from Okapi, too. [/quote] Counterpoint: I would personally greatly prefer peacock without the shoulder markings. Sometimes it works best for a gene to only touch one section of the dragon. [/quote] Sure, but we already have a bunch of body-only terts. Underbelly, Capsule, Glimmer, Glowtail, Okapi - and NO wing-only terts. And since point coloration in cats is actually temperature dependent, it makes no sense for the wings to be omitted. Yet again.
Veradana wrote on 2021-10-22 15:44:32:
ceiswyn wrote on 2021-10-22 03:05:29:
Points needs a gradient on the wingtips, too; we’ve got a lot of terts that only apply to the body, and they always seem a bit unbalanced to me. That would differentiate it a bit more from Okapi, too.

Counterpoint: I would personally greatly prefer peacock without the shoulder markings. Sometimes it works best for a gene to only touch one section of the dragon.

Sure, but we already have a bunch of body-only terts. Underbelly, Capsule, Glimmer, Glowtail, Okapi - and NO wing-only terts. And since point coloration in cats is actually temperature dependent, it makes no sense for the wings to be omitted. Yet again.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
This would look excellent and I’d love that! Support!
This would look excellent and I’d love that! Support!
unknown.png
1 2 3