Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | disable likes
1 2 3 4 5 6
I support disabling likes with a system so we can customize it. For example I rather not get likes from people who have theirs disabled, it triggers my anxiety. So I’d love to have a setting that makes it so I can choose not to recieve likes from them. I know likes are anonymus so I have no way to tell that but I rather not have it constantly gnaw at me in the back of my mind.
I support disabling likes with a system so we can customize it. For example I rather not get likes from people who have theirs disabled, it triggers my anxiety. So I’d love to have a setting that makes it so I can choose not to recieve likes from them. I know likes are anonymus so I have no way to tell that but I rather not have it constantly gnaw at me in the back of my mind.
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2021-07-17 07:02:43" ] I support disabling likes with a system so we can customize it. For example I rather not get likes from people who have theirs disabled, it triggers my anxiety. So I’d love to have a setting that makes it so I can choose not to recieve likes from them. I know likes are anonymus so I have no way to tell that but I rather not have it constantly gnaw at me in the back of my mind. [/quote] I think this might work as part of a blocking update. There could be a "soft-block" where you can block people from liking your dragons without preventing them from seeing your lair entirely.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2021-07-17 07:02:43:

I think this might work as part of a blocking update. There could be a "soft-block" where you can block people from liking your dragons without preventing them from seeing your lair entirely.
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="Jhortanas" date="2021-07-16 14:58:14" ] What is disabling likes, how is it different from hiding likes, and how would it stop people from asking you to like their dragons? Also, why is people trading or buying likes so horribly offensive to you as a concept? It doesn't affect you in any way. If someone PM'd you for likes, that's spam and reportable. But it isn't the fault of the likes system, it's a problem with that player not understanding personal boundaries and the rules around PMing specifically for requests. The same thing could happen with someone asking you to buy their dragons, bump their thread for them, etc. I'm just not seeing why this suggestion is necessary or how it would even help with this specific problem. [/quote] Out of sight doesn't mean out of mind for some people. Knowing they are there in your own lair still can cause anxieties and likely other reactions which could cause discomfort for a person. Knowing you can turn them back on and see them and people can still interact with your lair isn't a good feeling to some people. You and I may not care but it's a big deal for some. I took it as someone way offering to pay for the OP or someone the OP knows to go through their lair and like all of their dragons, which is malicious and disrespectful. Someone that doesn't want likes shouldn't have to deal with this sort of behaviour. It is harassment and that someone is willing to pay for this just goes to show the system needs to have a complete opt out option for your own lair.
Jhortanas wrote on 2021-07-16 14:58:14:
What is disabling likes, how is it different from hiding likes, and how would it stop people from asking you to like their dragons?

Also, why is people trading or buying likes so horribly offensive to you as a concept? It doesn't affect you in any way.

If someone PM'd you for likes, that's spam and reportable. But it isn't the fault of the likes system, it's a problem with that player not understanding personal boundaries and the rules around PMing specifically for requests. The same thing could happen with someone asking you to buy their dragons, bump their thread for them, etc. I'm just not seeing why this suggestion is necessary or how it would even help with this specific problem.

Out of sight doesn't mean out of mind for some people. Knowing they are there in your own lair still can cause anxieties and likely other reactions which could cause discomfort for a person. Knowing you can turn them back on and see them and people can still interact with your lair isn't a good feeling to some people. You and I may not care but it's a big deal for some.

I took it as someone way offering to pay for the OP or someone the OP knows to go through their lair and like all of their dragons, which is malicious and disrespectful. Someone that doesn't want likes shouldn't have to deal with this sort of behaviour. It is harassment and that someone is willing to pay for this just goes to show the system needs to have a complete opt out option for your own lair.
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-07-17 13:33:50" ] [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2021-07-17 07:02:43" ] I support disabling likes with a system so we can customize it. For example I rather not get likes from people who have theirs disabled, it triggers my anxiety. So I’d love to have a setting that makes it so I can choose not to recieve likes from them. I know likes are anonymus so I have no way to tell that but I rather not have it constantly gnaw at me in the back of my mind. [/quote] I think this might work as part of a blocking update. There could be a "soft-block" where you can block people from liking your dragons without preventing them from seeing your lair entirely. [/quote] I was more thinking along the lines Gema mentioned, having various options available to us. For example, an option that only allows for people who are in the same flight as you to like your dragons. Player A is in light and turns this option on, Player B is in water, and while they can still see A's dragons they can't like them because B isn't in light. it'd be a similar concept to that
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-07-17 13:33:50:
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2021-07-17 07:02:43:

I think this might work as part of a blocking update. There could be a "soft-block" where you can block people from liking your dragons without preventing them from seeing your lair entirely.

I was more thinking along the lines Gema mentioned, having various options available to us. For example, an option that only allows for people who are in the same flight as you to like your dragons. Player A is in light and turns this option on, Player B is in water, and while they can still see A's dragons they can't like them because B isn't in light.

it'd be a similar concept to that
DVcXRyP.png
Support. I don't care much about likes myself, but disabling likes should have been implemented when they were first added.

It'd be cool if the like system was more polished, that friends/flight only suggestion earlier was nice, i'm sure people would like to see that.
Support. I don't care much about likes myself, but disabling likes should have been implemented when they were first added.

It'd be cool if the like system was more polished, that friends/flight only suggestion earlier was nice, i'm sure people would like to see that.
xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
I can agree. The function already exists (see locked accounts). It's not hard to implement at all.
I can agree. The function already exists (see locked accounts). It's not hard to implement at all.
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
@Tserin
@Twizz

sorry for it not being clear, yeah the dragons they wanted likes on were in the lair of the person offering me money. though i wouldn't be surprised if that kinda thing has happened with other people.

with or without the option to disable, i think another feature to add would be to see who likes your dragons. currently, my clan profile says not to like my dragons, but i've received several likes anyways. if i could find out who liked my dragons, i could at least block them for violating my boundaries.
@Tserin
@Twizz

sorry for it not being clear, yeah the dragons they wanted likes on were in the lair of the person offering me money. though i wouldn't be surprised if that kinda thing has happened with other people.

with or without the option to disable, i think another feature to add would be to see who likes your dragons. currently, my clan profile says not to like my dragons, but i've received several likes anyways. if i could find out who liked my dragons, i could at least block them for violating my boundaries.
Currently Seeking dragons for
PROJECT: OVERKILL

god help me
[quote name="Pride" date="2021-07-16 04:32:45" ] i think a good addition would be that maybe you only have a certain amount of likes to "spend" a day. to me the likes are a way of saying "i was here and i like ur derg" in someones lair but buying likes for popularity intentions?? idk it rubs me the wrong way [/quote] I agree with this view. I have seen likes as a small way to tell someone I appreciate their art, design, lore, etc. when I stumble upon their lair. People paying to get likes does kind of ruin the authenticity of the idea in my opinion. Definitely think giving players options to disable for all or friends and so on is a good idea.
Pride wrote on 2021-07-16 04:32:45:
i think a good addition would be that maybe you only have a certain amount of likes to "spend" a day. to me the likes are a way of saying "i was here and i like ur derg" in someones lair but buying likes for popularity intentions?? idk it rubs me the wrong way

I agree with this view. I have seen likes as a small way to tell someone I appreciate their art, design, lore, etc. when I stumble upon their lair. People paying to get likes does kind of ruin the authenticity of the idea in my opinion.

Definitely think giving players options to disable for all or friends and so on is a good idea.
V8gagRz.png
Support. People are using likes as a method to harass people who don't like them, and that needs to be shut down.

I don't support any suggestions about limiting the amount of likes you can give though, some of us are active in the forums and like liking other peoples' dragons often (given that they're asking for them or are otherwise okay with them).
Support. People are using likes as a method to harass people who don't like them, and that needs to be shut down.

I don't support any suggestions about limiting the amount of likes you can give though, some of us are active in the forums and like liking other peoples' dragons often (given that they're asking for them or are otherwise okay with them).
jCVhFoZ.gif
can someone help me understand why it's upsetting to some people to have likes on their dragons? i genuinely don't understand.
can someone help me understand why it's upsetting to some people to have likes on their dragons? i genuinely don't understand.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
1 2 3 4 5 6