Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | disable likes
1 2 3 4 5 6
@nekosysteme wrong. I do not against disabling likes.
If someone want disable likes at all okey let it be.

But if someone WANTS likes but willing set the number of likes at certain "nice number" they MUST go and interract with people making with them deal put certain number of likes on certain dragon. (negotiating therms acceptable to each participant)

I am against manipulating with "like counter" when someone just incresing and decresing that number by their own without any interraction with people who gave or remove each particular like.

This is what likes is about - about interraction between people (yes small but interraction of living people. Not some bots)

But if someone WANTS likes but willing set the number of likes at certain "nice number" they MUST go and interract with people making with them deal put certain number of likes on certain dragon. (negotiating therms acceptable to each participant)

I am against manipulating with "like counter" when someone just incresing and decresing that number by their own without any interraction with people who gave or remove each particular like.

This is what likes is about - about interraction between people (yes small but interraction of living people. Not some bots)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2021-08-11 00:37:00" ] I am against manipulating with "like counter" when someone just incresing and decresing that number by their own without any interraction with people who gave or remove each particular like.[/quote] Fine, except that you keep arguing with people who just want to disable all likes. If you’re not against disabling likes, you might want to… stop arguing against disabling all likes…?
Alkhor wrote on 2021-08-11 00:37:00:

Fine, except that you keep arguing with people who just want to disable all likes.

If you’re not against disabling likes, you might want to… stop arguing against disabling all likes…?
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2021-08-11 00:37:00" ] @nekosysteme wrong. I do not against disabling likes. If someone want disable likes at all okey let it be. But if someone WANTS likes but willing set the number of likes at certain "nice number" they MUST go and interract with people making with them deal put certain number of likes on certain dragon. (negotiating therms acceptable to each participant) I am against manipulating with "like counter" when someone just incresing and decresing that number by their own without any interraction with people who gave or remove each particular like. This is what likes is about - about interraction between people (yes small but interraction of living people. Not some bots) [/quote] Except this makes no sense, because this means that that person has to make an agreement with [b]each and every person on site[/b] because there is no way to know who has already liked the dragon and who hasn't. While I am not for the ability to remove like individually, but rather all or nothing, if that ability were given, I wouldn't care. There is nothing personal in someone wanting say 100 likes on a particular dragon and not a like more. It is their dragon. They have absolutely no way to know who has already liked their dragon and who hasn't, nor who was the last person to like the dragon etc.. Also, likes aren't 'interaction between people', they are a way to give a small nod *without* interaction between people. That was the biggest reason people wanted them, so when they didn't want to interact with the owner, they could still say 'hey nice dragon'. Again, I am not for removing likes one by one, but I see nothing wrong with having it, as there is no way to know who has liked your dragon and who hasn't and there would be nothing personal in removing one like.
Alkhor wrote on 2021-08-11 00:37:00:

Except this makes no sense, because this means that that person has to make an agreement with each and every person on site because there is no way to know who has already liked the dragon and who hasn't.

While I am not for the ability to remove like individually, but rather all or nothing, if that ability were given, I wouldn't care.

There is nothing personal in someone wanting say 100 likes on a particular dragon and not a like more. It is their dragon. They have absolutely no way to know who has already liked their dragon and who hasn't, nor who was the last person to like the dragon etc..

Also, likes aren't 'interaction between people', they are a way to give a small nod *without* interaction between people. That was the biggest reason people wanted them, so when they didn't want to interact with the owner, they could still say 'hey nice dragon'.

Again, I am not for removing likes one by one, but I see nothing wrong with having it, as there is no way to know who has liked your dragon and who hasn't and there would be nothing personal in removing one like.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="CactusBrandon" date="2021-07-15 19:29:20" ] making my own thread about this because i was just offered a hefty sum of money to go through a person's lair and like all their dragons. it feels like things are just getting out of hand. hiding likes isn't enough, because the likes are still there. please give us the option to actually disable likes. my poor anxiety riddled heart can't take this [/quote] That's hilarious and sad and support for disabling likes since some people don't like them ! If it would solve that problem of some people not liking them, then it's as simple as that. Likes making someone uncomfortable personally makes no sense to me and it's not threatening to me at all, and it's tempting to go and like everybody's dragons if they're being jerks about it; but that would just make ME a jerk. WHy would I do that just to bully someone?? In the meantime I would suggest everybody not do whatever they please as far as liking another player's dragons if it genuinely makes the other player upset (for whatever reason) how is the logic of kindness/empathy/other people's boundaries so hard to understand? I will never know!
CactusBrandon wrote on 2021-07-15 19:29:20:
making my own thread about this because i was just offered a hefty sum of money to go through a person's lair and like all their dragons. it feels like things are just getting out of hand. hiding likes isn't enough, because the likes are still there. please give us the option to actually disable likes. my poor anxiety riddled heart can't take this

That's hilarious and sad and support for disabling likes since some people don't like them ! If it would solve that problem of some people not liking them, then it's as simple as that.

Likes making someone uncomfortable personally makes no sense to me and it's not threatening to me at all, and it's tempting to go and like everybody's dragons if they're being jerks about it; but that would just make ME a jerk. WHy would I do that just to bully someone??

In the meantime I would suggest everybody not do whatever they please as far as liking another player's dragons if it genuinely makes the other player upset (for whatever reason) how is the logic of kindness/empathy/other people's boundaries so hard to understand? I will never know!
Support. Please. It's been so long.

Once a dragon is in our lair it is ours and we have full control of what it is named and whether it is exalted with or without name, and it is not okay if someone bothers us about a dragon that they no longer own, however, others are still able to affect a feature of our own dragons' pages without us having any control over it? makes no sense to me.
(I have no idea how this would affect already existing likes, which makes it clearer that disabling should have been possible from the start.) (What even happens to dragons' like counters when they are sold or traded?)

I really appreciate the spider-in-the-house analogies in this thread by the way.
Support. Please. It's been so long.

Once a dragon is in our lair it is ours and we have full control of what it is named and whether it is exalted with or without name, and it is not okay if someone bothers us about a dragon that they no longer own, however, others are still able to affect a feature of our own dragons' pages without us having any control over it? makes no sense to me.
(I have no idea how this would affect already existing likes, which makes it clearer that disabling should have been possible from the start.) (What even happens to dragons' like counters when they are sold or traded?)

I really appreciate the spider-in-the-house analogies in this thread by the way.
full support, it's kind of wild to me that disabling likes isn't already an option?
full support, it's kind of wild to me that disabling likes isn't already an option?
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
Always support this. Everyone should have control over ones lair, that should include disabling likes on your profile. I'll admit this also gives me a bit of anxiety. I thought it was neat at first but now i see certain dragons of mine keep getting likes and makes me wonder who has gone trough my lair... I know it's probably silly but I'd rather not deal with it >.>
Always support this. Everyone should have control over ones lair, that should include disabling likes on your profile. I'll admit this also gives me a bit of anxiety. I thought it was neat at first but now i see certain dragons of mine keep getting likes and makes me wonder who has gone trough my lair... I know it's probably silly but I'd rather not deal with it >.>
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
I can’t say I understand y’all’s experience with the like system, however, support. There’s a large enough community that needs this feature to be able to enjoy playing FR, and that makes this a worthwhile addition to the game.
I can’t say I understand y’all’s experience with the like system, however, support. There’s a large enough community that needs this feature to be able to enjoy playing FR, and that makes this a worthwhile addition to the game.
1 2 3 4 5 6