Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Free to color pdf/psd
1 2
I know people often ask for alternative art or poses than what we have for our dragons but instead of doing actual alternative poses with all the genes and such why not give us coloring pages instead?

There would be no need to draw or color apparel or do the artwork for genes.

All that I’d like to see is the lineart layer or possibly a lineart and shadow layer with all the dragon breeds. I’ve seen people ask for sleeping poses or the alternative hatchling poses but that would all require so much work if staff were to try to implement it officially so why not give us some blank PDFs/PSDs with some lineart and shadows and let the community color them and draw the apparel themselves.

This would be nice for people who may want other poses to in a way get them.
We could have sleeping poses and alternate hatchlings as a start as I’ve seen both of these suggestions before and maybe more could be added later.

It just seems better than asking for what could be compared to a whole new breeds worth of art if not more. But free to download files with nothing but the lineart and shadows for the piece and that’s it. No need for anything else as the community can color them themselves to put in their dragons bios and such.

Just like the skin Files but different poses such as a sleeping pose, alternate hatchling pose, or a battle pose even.
I know people often ask for alternative art or poses than what we have for our dragons but instead of doing actual alternative poses with all the genes and such why not give us coloring pages instead?

There would be no need to draw or color apparel or do the artwork for genes.

All that I’d like to see is the lineart layer or possibly a lineart and shadow layer with all the dragon breeds. I’ve seen people ask for sleeping poses or the alternative hatchling poses but that would all require so much work if staff were to try to implement it officially so why not give us some blank PDFs/PSDs with some lineart and shadows and let the community color them and draw the apparel themselves.

This would be nice for people who may want other poses to in a way get them.
We could have sleeping poses and alternate hatchlings as a start as I’ve seen both of these suggestions before and maybe more could be added later.

It just seems better than asking for what could be compared to a whole new breeds worth of art if not more. But free to download files with nothing but the lineart and shadows for the piece and that’s it. No need for anything else as the community can color them themselves to put in their dragons bios and such.

Just like the skin Files but different poses such as a sleeping pose, alternate hatchling pose, or a battle pose even.
4xTBSTZ.png
That’s what the skin PDFs are
66.png
Do... do you mean PSDs? PDFs would be possibly the worst file possible for coloring an image and telling people to color a dragon via PDF would be downright sadistic.

In any case, coloring pages would be fun, though I'd rather work on actual new breeds be prioritized. But if someone took it as a side project or something I definitely wouldn't complain.
Do... do you mean PSDs? PDFs would be possibly the worst file possible for coloring an image and telling people to color a dragon via PDF would be downright sadistic.

In any case, coloring pages would be fun, though I'd rather work on actual new breeds be prioritized. But if someone took it as a side project or something I definitely wouldn't complain.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="@LuckOfTheClaws" date="2021-01-27 12:27:17" ] That’s what the skin PDFs are [/quote] Allow me to clarify we have PDFs for [i]existing[/i] poses of male and female but my suggestion is for PDFs of [i]New[/i] poses. Such as a dragon in a sleeping position or the alternate hatchling art so we can color them. No need for official genes or apparel or anything for them just the lineart is really needed and like skin makers we can just download the pdf and do everything else yourself. You want genes on it? You draw them yourself. You want special eyes on them? Draw them yourself. You want your xxx obsidian Star/con/Opal dragon to have an alternate pose? Download the pdf then color it in yourself. [img]https://orig10.deviantart.net/4c07/f/2008/129/0/5/fae_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg[/img] [img]https://orig03.deviantart.net/c65b/f/2008/044/d/6/mirror_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg[/img] [img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/8256/f/2009/063/5/9/guardian_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg[/img] [img]https://orig12.deviantart.net/0bd9/f/2012/247/f/5/ridgeback_dragons_by_neondragon-d5djeko.png[/img]
@LuckOfTheClaws wrote on 2021-01-27 12:27:17:

Allow me to clarify we have PDFs for existing poses of male and female but my suggestion is for PDFs of New poses. Such as a dragon in a sleeping position or the alternate hatchling art so we can color them. No need for official genes or apparel or anything for them just the lineart is really needed and like skin makers we can just download the pdf and do everything else yourself.

You want genes on it? You draw them yourself. You want special eyes on them? Draw them yourself. You want your xxx obsidian Star/con/Opal dragon to have an alternate pose? Download the pdf then color it in yourself.

fae_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg
mirror_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg
guardian_dragons_by_neondragon.jpg
ridgeback_dragons_by_neondragon-d5djeko.png
4xTBSTZ.png
This would be so fun!!.

I'm not sure if it'd practical for them to implement, but I'd love it.
This would be so fun!!.

I'm not sure if it'd practical for them to implement, but I'd love it.
[quote name="Tserin" date="2021-01-27 12:39:18" ] Do... do you mean PSDs? PDFs would be possibly the worst file possible for coloring an image and telling people to color a dragon via PDF would be downright sadistic. In any case, coloring pages would be fun, though I'd rather work on actual new breeds be prioritized. But if someone took it as a side project or something I definitely wouldn't complain. [/quote] I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to full PSDs like we have for skins now plus lineart-only pdfs for printout coloring sheets
Tserin wrote on 2021-01-27 12:39:18:

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to full PSDs like we have for skins now plus lineart-only pdfs for printout coloring sheets
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-01-27 14:31:22" ] [quote name="Tserin" date="2021-01-27 12:39:18" ] Do... do you mean PSDs? PDFs would be possibly the worst file possible for coloring an image and telling people to color a dragon via PDF would be downright sadistic. In any case, coloring pages would be fun, though I'd rather work on actual new breeds be prioritized. But if someone took it as a side project or something I definitely wouldn't complain. [/quote] I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to full PSDs like we have for skins now plus lineart-only pdfs for printout coloring sheets [/quote] Oh, do printables usually come in PDF form? I always kinda assumed you just printed out the png or jpg or something lol. If so then I think a PDF printout would be kinda fun too if someone wanted to do traditional. I might just be prejudiced against PDFs because I could go on all day about how terrible my school PDFs were and how literally impossible some of them were to complete.
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-01-27 14:31:22:

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to full PSDs like we have for skins now plus lineart-only pdfs for printout coloring sheets
Oh, do printables usually come in PDF form? I always kinda assumed you just printed out the png or jpg or something lol. If so then I think a PDF printout would be kinda fun too if someone wanted to do traditional.
I might just be prejudiced against PDFs because I could go on all day about how terrible my school PDFs were and how literally impossible some of them were to complete.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
While I dont mind this, the reason I would want a pose, like the hatchling poses for instance, would be so the dragon I own is shown that way in the game on its page, not linked in its bio, to add variation in the lair and for colors to display in different ratios. So it doesn't really solve the suggestions for new poses.

That said, support. While we do have the skin PSDs that serve this purpose, some people don't have photoshop or multilayer programs to access that, and may only have paint or want to print them out as coloring pages on a computer that cannot open the files. Putting up PDFs (easier for printing) or PNGs (retains transparency for digital coloring), would be nice, especially for kids!
Also if the staff ever does consider new poses, releasing the lineart like this before they are implemented would be a nice Easter egg/hint.
While I dont mind this, the reason I would want a pose, like the hatchling poses for instance, would be so the dragon I own is shown that way in the game on its page, not linked in its bio, to add variation in the lair and for colors to display in different ratios. So it doesn't really solve the suggestions for new poses.

That said, support. While we do have the skin PSDs that serve this purpose, some people don't have photoshop or multilayer programs to access that, and may only have paint or want to print them out as coloring pages on a computer that cannot open the files. Putting up PDFs (easier for printing) or PNGs (retains transparency for digital coloring), would be nice, especially for kids!
Also if the staff ever does consider new poses, releasing the lineart like this before they are implemented would be a nice Easter egg/hint.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="Tserin" date="2021-01-27 14:36:04" ] [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-01-27 14:31:22" ] [quote name="Tserin" date="2021-01-27 12:39:18" ] Do... do you mean PSDs? PDFs would be possibly the worst file possible for coloring an image and telling people to color a dragon via PDF would be downright sadistic. In any case, coloring pages would be fun, though I'd rather work on actual new breeds be prioritized. But if someone took it as a side project or something I definitely wouldn't complain. [/quote] I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to full PSDs like we have for skins now plus lineart-only pdfs for printout coloring sheets [/quote] Oh, do printables usually come in PDF form? I always kinda assumed you just printed out the png or jpg or something lol. If so then I think a PDF printout would be kinda fun too if someone wanted to do traditional. I might just be prejudiced against PDFs because I could go on all day about how terrible my school PDFs were and how literally impossible some of them were to complete. [/quote] PDFs are better for printing. It entirely depends on what you're doing. PDF stands for Portable Document Format, and its best used for anything that shouldn't be modified and only needs to be printed or read. It can preserve high quality images, so it can be used to print illustrations as well as other documents. I think a friend of mine used PDF when he sent his comic to be printed, actually. PDF could be used for coloring pages to print, PNG retains transparency and can be used for both printable coloring pages and digital lineart. Both PDF and PNG can be opened in your browser. PSD meanwhile is a photoshop file, and iirc is best used for printing art with lots of colors due to being able to set the color profile to match the printer you are using in Photoshop itself. The downside to PSDs is you need a program that can open PSDs and not everyone has photoshop or an equivalent.
Tserin wrote on 2021-01-27 14:36:04:
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-01-27 14:31:22:

Oh, do printables usually come in PDF form? I always kinda assumed you just printed out the png or jpg or something lol. If so then I think a PDF printout would be kinda fun too if someone wanted to do traditional.
I might just be prejudiced against PDFs because I could go on all day about how terrible my school PDFs were and how literally impossible some of them were to complete.
PDFs are better for printing. It entirely depends on what you're doing.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format, and its best used for anything that shouldn't be modified and only needs to be printed or read. It can preserve high quality images, so it can be used to print illustrations as well as other documents. I think a friend of mine used PDF when he sent his comic to be printed, actually.

PDF could be used for coloring pages to print, PNG retains transparency and can be used for both printable coloring pages and digital lineart.
Both PDF and PNG can be opened in your browser.

PSD meanwhile is a photoshop file, and iirc is best used for printing art with lots of colors due to being able to set the color profile to match the printer you are using in Photoshop itself. The downside to PSDs is you need a program that can open PSDs and not everyone has photoshop or an equivalent.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
I would like the other hatchlings and Maybe a gender neutral sleeping pose And battle pose. We saw lineart being made roughly for the veilspun during the live-streams so I don’t think just some lineart psds would be too much work and we can already see the lineart and shadow layers on the scrapped hatchlings art.

So 17 lineart and shadow psds per breed. I also wouldn’t mind waiting till after the next modern breed which I assume is still 3 or 4 years away.
I would like the other hatchlings and Maybe a gender neutral sleeping pose And battle pose. We saw lineart being made roughly for the veilspun during the live-streams so I don’t think just some lineart psds would be too much work and we can already see the lineart and shadow layers on the scrapped hatchlings art.

So 17 lineart and shadow psds per breed. I also wouldn’t mind waiting till after the next modern breed which I assume is still 3 or 4 years away.
I love you staff and thank you so much for the eye update 2.0! I cannot thank you enough for this!
1 2