Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awake familiars give gilded chest rarely
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Nightwind I would say that you're in the minority, but I can see the effect on the economy being upsetting to some. If that's the issue I would just bump up the number of months necessary to get a reward tbh, maybe like needing 6+ months. Or maybe you can only re-awaken fams once a year (365 days from initial bonding at awakened level).
I mean if nothing else it would be a motivator to collect and keep outside of completion purposes/participate in that site feature. I'm personally super against any kind of RNG tied to anything post-awakened because it can be unfair and overall just frustrating. Some other people are suggesting other drops though if that makes it better (just apparel or smth).

I mean, in my ideal world, they'd just allow you to reset bonds entirely and re-earn all that stuff because I love earning chests that easily xD but I know that's a pretty empty dream. I do have a bias and stating it just so it's out there.
I also feel like newer players can still catch up with G&G and by participating with the site (coli, marketplace discounts now) but I would imagine it makes sense for older players to have some more advantages over newer ones, but honestly I don't know how unfair it would feel.
@Nightwind I would say that you're in the minority, but I can see the effect on the economy being upsetting to some. If that's the issue I would just bump up the number of months necessary to get a reward tbh, maybe like needing 6+ months. Or maybe you can only re-awaken fams once a year (365 days from initial bonding at awakened level).
I mean if nothing else it would be a motivator to collect and keep outside of completion purposes/participate in that site feature. I'm personally super against any kind of RNG tied to anything post-awakened because it can be unfair and overall just frustrating. Some other people are suggesting other drops though if that makes it better (just apparel or smth).

I mean, in my ideal world, they'd just allow you to reset bonds entirely and re-earn all that stuff because I love earning chests that easily xD but I know that's a pretty empty dream. I do have a bias and stating it just so it's out there.
I also feel like newer players can still catch up with G&G and by participating with the site (coli, marketplace discounts now) but I would imagine it makes sense for older players to have some more advantages over newer ones, but honestly I don't know how unfair it would feel.
CL4Q71Y.png
Out of curiousity, are there people who have fully maxed out lairs, completely filled and awakened familiars on all those dragons? I’m not sure how many dragons we can have at the moment but pretty sure we have WAY more familiars.

I’m under the impression OP is talking about awakened familiars we have on our dragons and not ones that we got in our hoards/vaults/hibernal dens. Even if someone has every single familiar fully awakened swapping them out on a dragon bond then rinse and repeat. It’s a lenghty process, I’ve done this myself in the past though I didn’t (still don’t) have every single familiar, or a maxed out lair. I was just curious to see if it’d be a good way to earn more treasure, it’s not. I spend a long time swapping out familiars and bond with them, idk how the process could be sped up maybe a little . I was just doing it with one dragon, can’t imagine someone would really go trough the effort of swapping out all their familiars and click trough their entire lair multiple times. Or maybe some will idk

Eh, personally I’d just like to see something for awakened familiars, could be at random a random chest, a random item, a small chance of a gem (like exalting) just anything! I get the whole point is to continuously swap out familiars but obv not everyone is going to do that
Out of curiousity, are there people who have fully maxed out lairs, completely filled and awakened familiars on all those dragons? I’m not sure how many dragons we can have at the moment but pretty sure we have WAY more familiars.

I’m under the impression OP is talking about awakened familiars we have on our dragons and not ones that we got in our hoards/vaults/hibernal dens. Even if someone has every single familiar fully awakened swapping them out on a dragon bond then rinse and repeat. It’s a lenghty process, I’ve done this myself in the past though I didn’t (still don’t) have every single familiar, or a maxed out lair. I was just curious to see if it’d be a good way to earn more treasure, it’s not. I spend a long time swapping out familiars and bond with them, idk how the process could be sped up maybe a little . I was just doing it with one dragon, can’t imagine someone would really go trough the effort of swapping out all their familiars and click trough their entire lair multiple times. Or maybe some will idk

Eh, personally I’d just like to see something for awakened familiars, could be at random a random chest, a random item, a small chance of a gem (like exalting) just anything! I get the whole point is to continuously swap out familiars but obv not everyone is going to do that
DVcXRyP.png
My main reservation is that I don't really feel like awakened fams *need* a purpose? You've unlocked them fully, gotten the shiny background and a permanent place in the bestiary, why do familiars *need* to have a purpose beyond aesthetic once they're fully unlocked?
My main reservation is that I don't really feel like awakened fams *need* a purpose? You've unlocked them fully, gotten the shiny background and a permanent place in the bestiary, why do familiars *need* to have a purpose beyond aesthetic once they're fully unlocked?
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
[quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2021-04-19 05:12:00" ] My main reservation is that I don't really feel like awakened fams *need* a purpose? You've unlocked them fully, gotten the shiny background and a permanent place in the bestiary, why do familiars *need* to have a purpose beyond aesthetic once they're fully unlocked? [/quote] Familiars don't need a purpose beyond anything needs a purpose in an aesthetic dragon breeding game. They don't [i]need[/i] to update old apparel sets, or make new fairgrounds games, or update coli venues either, but they do because the site continually evolves. Just thematically, it seems kind of weird that familiar bonding is supposed to be the process of you gradually earning that familiar's trust over months and months of interaction, but once you get to the best tier, there's 0 incentive to not just dump them in your hoard or cauldron or whatever and just start over with a new one. Overall I'd like to see an update to the familiar system, just like we get updates to the coli, old apparel sets, etc. Fiona's already a nice start. [quote name="Nightwind" date="2021-04-16 14:11:17" ] So...I last did math in this thread October 2020. I'm now up to 929 Awakened, owned familiars. That means at the 3 month or 3.5 month mark depending on what people have suggested above I'd get in addition to the daily bonding rewards the following from 929 familiars: 4,645,000 treasure 9,290 gems 929 fodder familiars Those are derived from the lowest possible values Gilded Decorative Chest gives out. How do we expect FR to continue if it's handing players like me $90 in gems alone 3-4 times a year? If nothing else consider how that's going to keep on getting bigger as FR adds more and more familiars. Much like the bank interest suggestion that keeps getting pushed up this is heavily unfair to newer players with fewer familiars and is a distinct driver of inflation which also impacts newer and/or more casual players more harshly. [/quote] Realistically, are you going to spend an hour+ bonding with every single one of your 929 familiars every single day? You can also make roughly 22kg or 220 dollars worth of gems a year compared to this idea's 36kg a year if you max out the fairgrounds every single day, but most people are going to miss days here and there, not bother, etc. And maxing out the fairgrounds only takes ~15 minutes if you know how to play G&G.
LordJeanliness wrote on 2021-04-19 05:12:00:

Familiars don't need a purpose beyond anything needs a purpose in an aesthetic dragon breeding game. They don't need to update old apparel sets, or make new fairgrounds games, or update coli venues either, but they do because the site continually evolves.

Just thematically, it seems kind of weird that familiar bonding is supposed to be the process of you gradually earning that familiar's trust over months and months of interaction, but once you get to the best tier, there's 0 incentive to not just dump them in your hoard or cauldron or whatever and just start over with a new one.

Overall I'd like to see an update to the familiar system, just like we get updates to the coli, old apparel sets, etc. Fiona's already a nice start.
Nightwind wrote on 2021-04-16 14:11:17:
So...I last did math in this thread October 2020.

I'm now up to 929 Awakened, owned familiars. That means at the 3 month or 3.5 month mark depending on what people have suggested above I'd get in addition to the daily bonding rewards the following from 929 familiars:

4,645,000 treasure
9,290 gems
929 fodder familiars

Those are derived from the lowest possible values Gilded Decorative Chest gives out. How do we expect FR to continue if it's handing players like me $90 in gems alone 3-4 times a year? If nothing else consider how that's going to keep on getting bigger as FR adds more and more familiars.

Much like the bank interest suggestion that keeps getting pushed up this is heavily unfair to newer players with fewer familiars and is a distinct driver of inflation which also impacts newer and/or more casual players more harshly.

Realistically, are you going to spend an hour+ bonding with every single one of your 929 familiars every single day? You can also make roughly 22kg or 220 dollars worth of gems a year compared to this idea's 36kg a year if you max out the fairgrounds every single day, but most people are going to miss days here and there, not bother, etc. And maxing out the fairgrounds only takes ~15 minutes if you know how to play G&G.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
/Sassibirb

Extending the time frame is not that helpful. Over time long-term players will continue to make more than newer players simply from acquiring more familiars (at cheaper prices) and continuing to bond. Newer players simply won't be able to keep up without a lot more effort.

/Doughnut

It turns out the math supports bonding vs. G&G.

Math:

3 months (90 days) of G&G = 6,750,000/22.5 hours (15 minutes a day)

30 minutes to bond every day and using a 1:1300 ratio and a fodder familiar value of 2,300 those 929 familiars = 18,858,700 every 89 days = 44.5 hours

While it does take a bit of time to list 929 familiars you could also simply hoardsell them (Lowest Hoardsell 500 - LAH 2,600= 2,100 = 1,950,900 off the nearly 19 million above). Also, the treasure/gem amount is the minimum possible and not the average. Extending the amount of time needed to rebond is helpful but to equal G&G it's going to take nearly 8 months + a week or so for my current 929 Awakened.

As FR releases more familiars (hello Sandwept Delta, upcoming Wavecrest!) the per day income will continue to grow while the Lucky Streak does not.

But, all of this is just math and not human behavior. People do what they want (leveling to 10 instead of 6 to exalt for example) because not everyone min/maxes their games. My point is that introducing gameplay elements that overly favor people who do min/max isn't a great way to keep and retain newer players (increased inflation) and support FR (free gems in the economy).
/Sassibirb

Extending the time frame is not that helpful. Over time long-term players will continue to make more than newer players simply from acquiring more familiars (at cheaper prices) and continuing to bond. Newer players simply won't be able to keep up without a lot more effort.

/Doughnut

Math:

30 minutes to bond every day and using a 1:1300 ratio and a fodder familiar value of 2,300 those 929 familiars = 18,858,700 every 89 days = 44.5 hours

While it does take a bit of time to list 929 familiars you could also simply hoardsell them (Lowest Hoardsell 500 - LAH 2,600= 2,100 = 1,950,900 off the nearly 19 million above). Also, the treasure/gem amount is the minimum possible and not the average. Extending the amount of time needed to rebond is helpful but to equal G&G it's going to take nearly 8 months + a week or so for my current 929 Awakened.

As FR releases more familiars (hello Sandwept Delta, upcoming Wavecrest!) the per day income will continue to grow while the Lucky Streak does not.

But, all of this is just math and not human behavior. People do what they want (leveling to 10 instead of 6 to exalt for example) because not everyone min/maxes their games. My point is that introducing gameplay elements that overly favor people who do min/max isn't a great way to keep and retain newer players (increased inflation) and support FR (free gems in the economy).
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2021-04-19 12:13:45" ] It turns out the math supports bonding vs. G&G. Math: 3 months (90 days) of G&G = 6,750,000/22.5 hours (15 minutes a day) 30 minutes to bond every day and using a 1:1300 ratio and a fodder familiar value of 2,300 those 929 familiars = 18,858,700 every 89 days = 44.5 hours While it does take a bit of time to list 929 familiars you could also simply hoardsell them (Lowest Hoardsell 500 - LAH 2,600= 2,100 = 1,950,900 off the nearly 19 million above). Also, the treasure/gem amount is the minimum possible and not the average. Extending the amount of time needed to rebond is helpful but to equal G&G it's going to take nearly 8 months + a week or so for my current 929 Awakened. As FR releases more familiars (hello Sandwept Delta, upcoming Wavecrest!) the per day income will continue to grow while the Lucky Streak does not. But, all of this is just math and not human behavior. People do what they want (leveling to 10 instead of 6 to exalt for example) because not everyone min/maxes their games. My point is that introducing gameplay elements that overly favor people who do min/max isn't a great way to keep and retain newer players (increased inflation) and support FR (free gems in the economy). [/quote] Right, like you're saying, how many people on this site have that many familiars bonded and are going to put in that time investment every single day? And does bonding with almost 1000 familiars only take 30 minutes? I might just be slow, but bonding with my ~300 ish every day takes like 20 on its own, factoring in breaks boredom and wrist pain. What percent of players on this site are actually going to be making 20kg a year from this, and then circulating every penny of it back into the economy and causing inflation? Everything on this site favors players who min/max. If you have time to grind the coli for 6 straight hours training fodder every day, you're going to be better off than someone who doesn't, and that money isn't capped either. If you have time to refresh the MP every 5 minutes all day then you're going to get new genes and things faster. Most people don't bother with either. If you were here in 2013 and got an extra light sprite you're richer than someone who joined today. And if it's too many chests, then the suggestion doesn't have to be the exact rarity? Lower it to one chest every two or three months then, or even lower. My point is that the fact that an extremely small portion of the playerbase could theoretically abuse a function isn't that good of a reason not to have it.
Nightwind wrote on 2021-04-19 12:13:45:

Math:

Right, like you're saying, how many people on this site have that many familiars bonded and are going to put in that time investment every single day? And does bonding with almost 1000 familiars only take 30 minutes? I might just be slow, but bonding with my ~300 ish every day takes like 20 on its own, factoring in breaks boredom and wrist pain. What percent of players on this site are actually going to be making 20kg a year from this, and then circulating every penny of it back into the economy and causing inflation?

Everything on this site favors players who min/max. If you have time to grind the coli for 6 straight hours training fodder every day, you're going to be better off than someone who doesn't, and that money isn't capped either. If you have time to refresh the MP every 5 minutes all day then you're going to get new genes and things faster. Most people don't bother with either. If you were here in 2013 and got an extra light sprite you're richer than someone who joined today.

And if it's too many chests, then the suggestion doesn't have to be the exact rarity? Lower it to one chest every two or three months then, or even lower. My point is that the fact that an extremely small portion of the playerbase could theoretically abuse a function isn't that good of a reason not to have it.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
Unless there's a suggestion to stop creating familiars the ever-increasing number is sort of a given. Also, judging by what's in the AH there's a good 400 that are what I'd consider cheap--5k/5g or less and another hundred at 10k/10g or less. As time goes on there will be an ever-growing pool of cheap familiars.

As far as time spent...taking a break is not actually counted as time spent bonding. Otherwise I could tell my job that I needed to take break and they can keep paying me for napping. The first hundred are a couple minutes and after that it's about 30 minutes for me. I'm sitting at a desktop so it's easier with a pair of windows open.

I'm sure there are people who hoard money for the heck of it. For some reason I see a lot more people spending.

Going back to the OP's suggestion 23 awakened familiars = 1 gilded chest a month. That's an average of 1/690. My first example with math boiled down to 10 per day. Kinda OP.

Next we have re-awakening which takes us to every 3 months every familiar gives 2,980t, 3 rusted treasure, 2 iron and 1 Gilded. Again, hundreds of familiars multiplies the effects.

At what point is it considered "worthwhile" to bond? Many people think 50t is too little. I believe that all the suggestions outside of "rare chance of food/item drop" are all OP. I'm not opposed to changing the reward, I'm just against raining down more money than I'm already getting.

929 * 50t * 365 days = 16,954,250
Unless there's a suggestion to stop creating familiars the ever-increasing number is sort of a given. Also, judging by what's in the AH there's a good 400 that are what I'd consider cheap--5k/5g or less and another hundred at 10k/10g or less. As time goes on there will be an ever-growing pool of cheap familiars.

As far as time spent...taking a break is not actually counted as time spent bonding. Otherwise I could tell my job that I needed to take break and they can keep paying me for napping. The first hundred are a couple minutes and after that it's about 30 minutes for me. I'm sitting at a desktop so it's easier with a pair of windows open.

I'm sure there are people who hoard money for the heck of it. For some reason I see a lot more people spending.

Going back to the OP's suggestion 23 awakened familiars = 1 gilded chest a month. That's an average of 1/690. My first example with math boiled down to 10 per day. Kinda OP.

Next we have re-awakening which takes us to every 3 months every familiar gives 2,980t, 3 rusted treasure, 2 iron and 1 Gilded. Again, hundreds of familiars multiplies the effects.

At what point is it considered "worthwhile" to bond? Many people think 50t is too little. I believe that all the suggestions outside of "rare chance of food/item drop" are all OP. I'm not opposed to changing the reward, I'm just against raining down more money than I'm already getting.

929 * 50t * 365 days = 16,954,250
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 3 4 5 6