Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awake familiars give gilded chest rarely
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-04 05:34:22" ] Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so. [/quote] Support. Awakened familiars are completely useless but if you care about having a full bestiary you can’t get rid of them. Kind of annoying if you ask me.
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-04 05:34:22:
Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so.

Support. Awakened familiars are completely useless but if you care about having a full bestiary you can’t get rid of them. Kind of annoying if you ask me.
Maybe add something of a "Prestige" system, once you awaken it you can chose to "Prestige" that familiar, It will still remain awakened in your bestiary but it would reset the progress back to wary. And maybe gain a visual indicator somewhere to note that you've awakened it and you are bringing it back to awakened. Maybe you could get extra rewards for reaching awakened again.
Maybe add something of a "Prestige" system, once you awaken it you can chose to "Prestige" that familiar, It will still remain awakened in your bestiary but it would reset the progress back to wary. And maybe gain a visual indicator somewhere to note that you've awakened it and you are bringing it back to awakened. Maybe you could get extra rewards for reaching awakened again.
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
I support. Gold chests are too rare anyway, and the number of familiars is limited.

But what about not gold chests? For example, food or something like that. So that fam give treasures + 5-10 meat / fish / grass / insects. It won't break the economy, but it will make awakened familiars a little more useful.
I support. Gold chests are too rare anyway, and the number of familiars is limited.

But what about not gold chests? For example, food or something like that. So that fam give treasures + 5-10 meat / fish / grass / insects. It won't break the economy, but it will make awakened familiars a little more useful.
- 23 y.o.
- Fr +10
- She/her
______________________ Untitled1504-20210310203t549.png
I'd really like to have Awakened familiars continue to drop a range of chests from Rusted to Gilded Decorative where after a good amount of bonding clicks, you'd receive a chest, with Rusted being the most likely, and Gilded Decorative being the least likely.

As it is now, continuing to bond with them after you've Awakened them is just tedious with little reward. 50T is better than nothing, but bonding, for some users (especially those on slower/older devices), is a huge time investment.
I'd really like to have Awakened familiars continue to drop a range of chests from Rusted to Gilded Decorative where after a good amount of bonding clicks, you'd receive a chest, with Rusted being the most likely, and Gilded Decorative being the least likely.

As it is now, continuing to bond with them after you've Awakened them is just tedious with little reward. 50T is better than nothing, but bonding, for some users (especially those on slower/older devices), is a huge time investment.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Honestly, as I said on a different thread, I would prefer that awakened familiars get a new mechanic that they can be used in, but I would rather not feel that I have to bond with them further to get further rewards.

I like that once I awaken a familiar I can plop it into my vault and go on to the next one, and would prefer to simply not bond with them further, except through fiona.

I would however, like a reason to put familiars on my HibDen dragons, and so a mechanic, that could use familiars from the hibden, that you could use awakened familiars for, would be far more useful, at least to me, and hopefully much more fun than simply bonding further.
Honestly, as I said on a different thread, I would prefer that awakened familiars get a new mechanic that they can be used in, but I would rather not feel that I have to bond with them further to get further rewards.

I like that once I awaken a familiar I can plop it into my vault and go on to the next one, and would prefer to simply not bond with them further, except through fiona.

I would however, like a reason to put familiars on my HibDen dragons, and so a mechanic, that could use familiars from the hibden, that you could use awakened familiars for, would be far more useful, at least to me, and hopefully much more fun than simply bonding further.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Kinda support?

I don't think awakened familiars should give extra gilded chests, even as a rare drop... but I do think they should have some kind of unique functionality after being awakened.

After taking a pretty long hiatus from bonding with my familiars, I am slowly working on awakening all of the familiars I currently have... but once that task is done and I'm "caught up" with new releases, I don't really have a reason to bond with them just for the treasure when there are much faster ways to earn treasure on-site (for me at least).

However, bonding with familiars is a very quick/efficient way for FR to get a lot of page views, which is great for the site! So I am all for incentivizing bonding with awakened familiars (and even taking away the 50t per bond, to be honest), but I'm not sure how to do that without it being game-breaking, especially for folks who have the opportunity to bond with 800+ awakened familiars every day.

Perhaps a separate raffle through Fiona where each bond with an awakened familiar earns a ticket? Not even for anything crazy rare (it could literally be for a gilded chest if we want to stick with that, the prize should not be RRR fancy), but just enough for users to want to work toward that end goal of awakening familiars, continuing to bond with them, and generating page views in the process without flooding the site with the item.

The advantage with a raffle is that staff can very easily control the # of items being generated vs. with RNG we sometimes end up with a flood (as we've seen with lots of features in the past).

Just an idea!
Kinda support?

I don't think awakened familiars should give extra gilded chests, even as a rare drop... but I do think they should have some kind of unique functionality after being awakened.

After taking a pretty long hiatus from bonding with my familiars, I am slowly working on awakening all of the familiars I currently have... but once that task is done and I'm "caught up" with new releases, I don't really have a reason to bond with them just for the treasure when there are much faster ways to earn treasure on-site (for me at least).

However, bonding with familiars is a very quick/efficient way for FR to get a lot of page views, which is great for the site! So I am all for incentivizing bonding with awakened familiars (and even taking away the 50t per bond, to be honest), but I'm not sure how to do that without it being game-breaking, especially for folks who have the opportunity to bond with 800+ awakened familiars every day.

Perhaps a separate raffle through Fiona where each bond with an awakened familiar earns a ticket? Not even for anything crazy rare (it could literally be for a gilded chest if we want to stick with that, the prize should not be RRR fancy), but just enough for users to want to work toward that end goal of awakening familiars, continuing to bond with them, and generating page views in the process without flooding the site with the item.

The advantage with a raffle is that staff can very easily control the # of items being generated vs. with RNG we sometimes end up with a flood (as we've seen with lots of features in the past).

Just an idea!
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
I support the idea of doing SOMETHING with awakened fams, as how often I see people saying something like "I awakened it so I've got no use for it" is sad, and as many have said already there's no incentive to bond with them after since 50t is nothing. Just per click you can get a lot more money in 1-2 seconds of a fairgrounds game than you would for the time it'd take to load/click for an Awakened's 50t.

However I'm with other people here as well, gilded chests are EXPENSIVE for a reason, and making a reliable way to keep getting a bunch of them (rather than one per familiar after a very long time) will not only make gilded chests' value tank periodically, but the value of familiars and apparel only found in gilded chests would tank as well. If they became as common even as iron chests they'd lose their worth and everything inside them would lose some worth too.

I'd say, make it something much cheaper but more exciting than 50t. Maybe a rusted chest? Or even something designed like a Coli chest that's a little chunk of 200-500t and a random cheap trinket? If not that, then I like the ideas a few here have said, from giving them a use in Hibden to just giving them SOMETHING to do. As someone who bonds with at least 30-40% of my huge number of familiars daily, all that Awakened ones do is make me have to use the filters so I'm not scrolling through a metric ton of fams that do next to nothing for me other than help me with my bestiary collection.
I support the idea of doing SOMETHING with awakened fams, as how often I see people saying something like "I awakened it so I've got no use for it" is sad, and as many have said already there's no incentive to bond with them after since 50t is nothing. Just per click you can get a lot more money in 1-2 seconds of a fairgrounds game than you would for the time it'd take to load/click for an Awakened's 50t.

However I'm with other people here as well, gilded chests are EXPENSIVE for a reason, and making a reliable way to keep getting a bunch of them (rather than one per familiar after a very long time) will not only make gilded chests' value tank periodically, but the value of familiars and apparel only found in gilded chests would tank as well. If they became as common even as iron chests they'd lose their worth and everything inside them would lose some worth too.

I'd say, make it something much cheaper but more exciting than 50t. Maybe a rusted chest? Or even something designed like a Coli chest that's a little chunk of 200-500t and a random cheap trinket? If not that, then I like the ideas a few here have said, from giving them a use in Hibden to just giving them SOMETHING to do. As someone who bonds with at least 30-40% of my huge number of familiars daily, all that Awakened ones do is make me have to use the filters so I'm not scrolling through a metric ton of fams that do next to nothing for me other than help me with my bestiary collection.
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
[quote name="cantrip" date="2020-10-04 05:42:07" ] [quote name="Crowbar" date="2020-10-04 05:34:22" ] Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so. [/quote] this is the implementation i could accept, since there's a finite number of familiars available on the site at any given time. it would actually encourage additional clicks, since at this stage once you've got everything awakened there's not much reason to touch them again with 50t/per being so low. as long as the stretch of time was from wary to awakened like you said, then new familiars are a 3:1 ratio of chests to effort and there's still bigger reward from adding new ones than farming the already-awakened ones. [/quote] I agree with this as well. It'd be a good way of getting more chests without making them too common.
cantrip wrote on 2020-10-04 05:42:07:
Crowbar wrote on 2020-10-04 05:34:22:
Support, though I think the frequency should match the time it takes to get a familiar from wary to Awakened. The only detriment I can really see is that it might discourage seeking new familiars but the site is still getting its clicks and the chests are still coming out at the same frequency so.

this is the implementation i could accept, since there's a finite number of familiars available on the site at any given time. it would actually encourage additional clicks, since at this stage once you've got everything awakened there's not much reason to touch them again with 50t/per being so low. as long as the stretch of time was from wary to awakened like you said, then new familiars are a 3:1 ratio of chests to effort and there's still bigger reward from adding new ones than farming the already-awakened ones.

I agree with this as well. It'd be a good way of getting more chests without making them too common.
tumblr_peajwhHBap1ugm45do1_500.png
On the concern that this being implemented would discourage seeking new familiars:

I would still collect and bond with them, because I have an insane idea to get as many of the familiars as I possibly can and awaken them. I use my fodder breeders to bond with newly collected familiars and only have awakened familiars on dragons that are lore relevant to have them. In the extremely unlikely chance I collect every possible familiar, that won't happen for years most likely, lol.

A HUGE amount of my awakened familiars are in my vault, even if I have plans to have them on a perma dragon indefinitely. Awakening new familiars takes priority for me.
On the concern that this being implemented would discourage seeking new familiars:

I would still collect and bond with them, because I have an insane idea to get as many of the familiars as I possibly can and awaken them. I use my fodder breeders to bond with newly collected familiars and only have awakened familiars on dragons that are lore relevant to have them. In the extremely unlikely chance I collect every possible familiar, that won't happen for years most likely, lol.

A HUGE amount of my awakened familiars are in my vault, even if I have plans to have them on a perma dragon indefinitely. Awakening new familiars takes priority for me.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
support! i have matchy fams with my perma dragons that i don't want to unequip, but i have limited lair space and want to awaken more fams and get them chests, so this would be cool. but like, all chests are a chance, and only with the frequency you might find them when digging with gathering turns.
support! i have matchy fams with my perma dragons that i don't want to unequip, but i have limited lair space and want to awaken more fams and get them chests, so this would be cool. but like, all chests are a chance, and only with the frequency you might find them when digging with gathering turns.
>wishlist
>my magnum opus
b04qJywAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
BT1N47G.png
1 2 3 4 5 6